Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- (1920 Views)

Illbliss Ft. Chidinma - Powerful / VIDEO: Kefee – Celebrate Ft YQ, LKT [download] / Kefee Ft YQ & LKT - Celebrate (prod. TY Mix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by DBR: 11:46am On Feb 04, 2009
Here is fresh from the oven issshhh from ma boy Illbliss ft YQ.
U can download here.

http://rapidshare.com/files/193738361/WHO_BE_U.mp3.html

Lemme hear ur comments on this

oNe
Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by lalaboi(m): 11:57am On Feb 04, 2009
This is something else

Illbliss has joined the beefing party. . . . .

even told him to stop dancing. . . . .he's not kafee. . . .

and WHAt??

"filled of hatred like nairaland" . . ?

These guyz are spying on us. . . . .Its u guyz fault oh grin
Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by khanye(m): 1:19pm On Feb 04, 2009
lalaboi:

This is something else

Illbliss has joined the beefing party. . . . .

even told him to stop dancing. . . . .he's not kafee. . . .

and WHAt??

"filled of hatred like nairaland" . . ?

These guyz are spying on us. . . . .Its u guyz fault oh grin

what do u mean by that lala grin grin

@ DBR, nice one there, he was about sending me the song
yesterday on facebook but he told me the link was bad.
He told me Mode is gonna be on Everybody move rmx.

The War is still on grin
Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by bennyblak: 3:15pm On Feb 04, 2009
just lissened to the tune and its BANGING!!!!!! didnt definitely sound like a diss song to me. dude was basically rhyming and thats it. as for the nairaland line,he he he, i no blame am, so much hatred and bile n bad blood dey for nairaland, see as chaps been washing their dirty linen in public. YQ Was on point as usual and i hear the song was laced by MICWORX, SOME ish man and the rhyming was on point

never blend in like hennessy ads
no regards for yr hating skills
am talking microphone skills
humorous boss with mad swag
respected by the new school cos i neva act the fool,
ask around who the winner be
rather be, chilling under palm trees with my sandals on
linen shorts n a beach shirt,
nice hat to match
how come u second batch
serve first never cower,

kekere rap version of obesere
stop dancing u no be kafee u panting

these are not diss lines people, na waa o, una just dey try jam people head

yes o,  u got my undivided respect,
Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 04, 2009
Hatred? In Nairaland? Since when?
Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by khanye(m): 4:07pm On Feb 04, 2009
bennyblak:

kekere rap version of obesere
stop dancing u no be kafee u panting

hmmmm . . . . . I need you to explain that to me BB wink
Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by DBR: 4:25pm On Feb 04, 2009
@
bennyblak
cant agree wit u more.It's d iboboy just swingin' his lyrics,
no diss to any1 in particular.
IllBliss comes blunt wen he needs to address issues.
Pple just insinuate there's a diss on some1 cos they get a high kinda from it.
And yea, there's hate in NL, i see the way pple lacerate and curse not only themselves but even
parents in here, and these happen when it's not even a battle thread.
Now when pple hav no regards for parents im not shocked at the way shots are taken at artiste
who r just doin thier own things.It's in NL that pple who cant spit shit even wit phlegm in their
mouth pounce on a vet emcee and abuse(not criticize), insult them.

Yea, im feelin this track, it's hot and im luuuuvin it.
oNe
Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2009
DBR:

http://rapidshare.com/files/193738361/WHO_BE_U.mp3.html

Bros me, u need to reup that link, its expired since it only allows 10 downloads
Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by demo47: 5:35pm On Feb 04, 2009
SDOT you are on top of everything, Na d link be dis

http://rapidshare.com/files/193863728/who_be_you.mp3.html
Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by DBR: 5:40pm On Feb 04, 2009
Hey guys,  shout out to the 1st 10pple that downloaded that hott track.
Now, can any of u upload it for max downloadin,? Pls help do that.
so other can get the benefit of listenin to it.
oNe
Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by DBR: 5:47pm On Feb 04, 2009
demo47:

Nice one man! Gracias!
oNe
Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by khanye(m): 5:56pm On Feb 04, 2009
@ demo47

Nice one there, imma try upload on Ainimi.net much later.
Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by khanye(m): 6:31pm On Feb 04, 2009
Leave the area for dumb rappers like you
Full of hatred like Nairaland, i'm a grand

WHO BE YOU - ILLBLISS
Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by Bamsyle(m): 6:50pm On Feb 04, 2009
WACK.

*And I ain't hatin'*
Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by tosinaded(m): 6:59pm On Feb 04, 2009
just there jare!!!!!
Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by lalaboi(m): 8:47pm On Feb 04, 2009
[s]http://www.esnips.com/doc/861c7240-15ec-4a68-845e-61e7946fc2d3/WHO_BE_U

[/s]

http://www.zshare.net/audio/55123643b216b5ef/

i mistakenly deleted the esnips one. . . . . .and it wunt upload again lol!
Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by Nobody: 3:22am On Feb 05, 2009
demo47:

Demo47 thanks , I knew you would have it
Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by ofokasibe: 8:15am On Feb 05, 2009
@demo
nice one as usual

lalaboi
u were slow on that one, on the nairaland hatred wordplay , well its alrite , it only shows that illbliss comes to nairaland too. nice punchline master benny blak

i like the kekere rap version fo obesere,

@tosinadeda/khanye
dont yall think illbliss raps like notorious big, the nigerian version?

@benny blak
when is the album coming out, give me exact date .and dont come wit gimmicks.
Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by otobiloba1(m): 9:11am On Feb 05, 2009
nice joint! more like a mixtape track.what i like most about ill bliss is that he cuts in between lines to fulfil his rhymes
Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by khanye(m): 3:07pm On Feb 05, 2009
yeah fokasibe, d dude get flows
Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by Bamsyle(m): 5:55pm On Feb 05, 2009
This is one of the reasons why a thread was opened some time ago to criticize Nigerian rappers.

How can anyone with an ear for good music call this track "hot"?

I've never had any probs with Illbliss as an artiste, I mean; I love "Aye Po Gan", "Dat Ibo Boy" and "U Go Wound". And yeah he tries to rap like Biggie. But this song is at best mediocre. By the whiskers of General Al-Hassim Moustafah, what on earth was that chorus - Who be you, who be you, who be you?? Sounds more like when rastas are warming up to sing a song angry

Until we start to call a spade by its name, until we begin to look objectively at a song and not who sang it; we still have a long way to go in making standard music in Nigeria.

Imagine this song being played before an international audience?

What the . . . ??
Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 05, 2009
Bamsyle:

This is one of the reasons why a thread was opened some time ago to criticize Nigerian rappers.

I've never had any probs with Illbliss as an artiste, I mean; I love "Aye Po Gan", "Dat Ibo Boy" and "U Go Wound". And yeah he tries to rap like Biggie. But this song is at best mediocre. By the whiskers of General Al-Hassim Moustafah, what on earth was that chorus - Who be you, who be you, who be you?? Sounds more like when rastas are warming up to sing a song angry

Until we start to call a spade by its name, until we begin to look objectively at a song and not who sang it; we still have a long way to go in making standard music in Nigeria.

What the . . . ??

Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by DBR: 8:14am On Feb 06, 2009
Bamsyle:

What the . . . ??

@
Bamsyle
, and what is wrong with the song?
Personally i see this track as more creative n darin than Aye po gan and Dat ibo boy
and yes i prefer it!! In ur own word too imagine playin "awka awka dat ibo boy before
international audience, watya talkin bout dude?
Bliss was on point here, his rhymes intact, lyrics was flawless. So wat makes a track hot, and wat makes it mediocre?
Heated up beat and razmataz? To call this track mediocre is castin' aspersion on the creativity displayed here.

oNe
Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by ofokasibe: 8:47am On Feb 06, 2009
DBR:

@
Bamsyle
Personally i see this track as more creative n darin than Aye po gan and Dat ibo boy
and yes i prefer it!! In ur own word too imagine playin "awka awka dat ibo boy before
Bliss was on point here, his rhymes intact, lyrics was flawless. So wat makes a track hot, and wat makes it mediocre?
Heated up beat and razmataz? To call this track mediocre is castin' aspersion on the creativity displayed here.

oNe

WORD!
Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by Bamsyle(m): 5:56pm On Feb 09, 2009
DBR:

@
Bamsyle

oNe

@DBR

I just saw this.

First off, DON'T see this as an attack against Illbliss. I like Illbliss' delivery. My criticism is about the track herein. I maintain that his other tracks like "Aiye Po Gan", "U Go Wound" and "Dat Ibo Boy" are much better than this "Who Be U" track. I'll get to that later.

Many things are wrong with the song. Let'z start with the hook - check out the dynamics of the "who be you" line repeated over and over again. It doesn't do justice to the beat at all. I'll try and explain this briefly and pray that you get it cos if I should go in-depth, we'll be here till sundown. The first time I heard this track, I immediately remembered Redman's "Put It Down". Go compare both hooks and you'll see what I'm sayin'. Redman's dynamics/rhythm in the delivery of that hook is real tight. And that's notwithstanding the fact that he just kept repeating the line "Put it down" over and over again (with the words "you gots to get down" sprinkled in between). Now, that's supposed to be boring innit? But it wasn't. Redman spun those words around that beat in a way that leave you no choice than to call the hook dope . . .

As a rapper, if your hook is going to be rapped; best you make it real tight. That's why we love tracks like Busta's "Dangerous", etc. And this becomes more important if the lines are short, simple and straightforward. Such examples abound in Rap Music. Check out Nas' delivery of the line "All I need is one mic" in his song "One Mic", Pac's delivery of "All eyes on me" in his song of same/even title. Check out so many other songs with the same short, repeated hooks. Despite the fact that they got very short and simple words repeated continuously as a hook, they still managed to make a great hook.

As a rapper, when your hook doesn't grab the heart, soul and body of your listener; you've just lost 70% of your total score.

Now to "Aiye Po Gan", "U Go Wound" and "Dat Ibo Boy". Check out all the hooks of these tracks. Very robust and dope. Illbliss' style is kinda the swagger style. He flips and turns his lines. Similar to Biggie's no doubt. In these 3 tracks, you could feel that swagger, that hipness . . . I like "Aiye Po Gan" particularly for one thing - I was stunned when I saw that dude could switch his style like that. I mean, I was used to the rap hooks kinda stuffs he was doing before. That hook is very deep, very touching, very refreshing. Very cultural a la proverbial. You can immediately imagine a singer like 9ice on a remix.

By same token, "U Go Wound" and "Dat Ibo Boy" are kind of Illbliss' signature style. The rap hooks. The swagger/East Coast kinda style. And like i said earlier, the hooks are robust - woven very tightly around the beats. And although the hook for "U Go Wound" contains a short, simple and repeated line, it was tightly woven around the beat to produce a dope delivery.

You can't compare these with "Who Be U" in this regard.

Not only can I imagine playin "awka awka dat Ibo boy" before an international audience. I CAN imagine a veteran like Nas miming it and enjoying himself whist at it. You don't seem to understand what I mean here. It's not 'bout the parlance or whatever. I'm still on the rhythm/dynamics of the hook. Please do sumn for me - block your ears and mime the hook to your hearing. Maybe what I'm saying will sink . . .

Yeah I agree Bliss' rhymes are generally ok (though his delivery could be too punctuated atimes). But he failed to deliver here. This song is what it is - NOT HOT.

And to your questions on what makes a track hot or mediocre, maybe you should go open another thread for that.

Then I'll reply you.
Re: Hot New Track By Illbliss Ft YQ- by Bamsyle(m): 12:58pm On Feb 10, 2009
@DBR
"Many thingS" are wrong u said, but all ur thesis was on the hook the hook the hook,
well i guess the hook, the hook and the hook makes it many hooks thus "many things"?
Tho i get watya sayin but i maintain the atmosphere for this track is wat determines the kinda energy
the hook will carry, watya sayin is sth Frenzy wuldda done to put the kinda bite u sayin into the chorus,
but that aint the mood of this track. Cant believe u call a track WACK cos of a hook Dude!!
It's a hook that reflects that the artist is kinda irked and not impressed by sm1 attitude.
The hiss/sigh that punctuates the "who be u, who be u" shud give u an idea of the SETTING for this piece.
Guess we get used to energetic hooks that we cant appreciate the simplicity of some
and the courage it takes to do sth simply.
I'm sure i'v heard more of his songs than u so i kno wat im sayin'

DBR, this song is NOT HOT.

We can argue this till Obama finishes a second term in office. No matter what your submissions are on this track, it would never change what Illbliss went to the studio to record.

Yes my major prob with the song is the hook. Multiply it by 1000 and call it "hookses" if you like  cheesy You see I did not want to go on and on - that's why I limited my "thesis" to the hook. But you just pointed out something else that I withheld my comments on. The mood. I don't see your point on the mood/atmosphere of the song. Going by your postulation here, the mood of the song should be more of angst. Did you say "it's a hook that reflects that the artist is kinda irked and not impressed by sm1 attitude" I fail to see any anger/angst in this hook. The hiss means nada to me in same regard too. I'm not someone to miss the mood of any song - when it's placed in proper perspective for all to see. When Trybesmen put hisses in their joint "Plenty Nonsense", I could feel the mood of the song - frustration at the country's situation. "One Mic" and "All Eyez On Me" that I mentioned to you earlier, were they energetic hooks? FYI, I prefer certain artistes in a sober mood to others. And here again I refer to Pac and Nas. These dudes are at their best in a sober mood. Go check their best songs and you'll see what I'm saying. Songs like "Still I Rise", "So Many Tears", "Life Goes On", "One Mic", etc. Letz not even go into mood, atmosphere and all that . . .

And hey, what gives you the impression that I've not listened to more Illbliss tracks than you have? Is it cos I've never opened a thread for him before on NL? Well, except you're his brother and you go to the studio with him or sumn, don't be so sure . . . cheesy

Plus, u were doin good until u said 70% of a total score goes to hook  
Especially when we talkin rap/hiphop!!! This is where i say like Zebrudiah-
fa fa faaaa foul!!!!!
U mean, the lyrics, the delivery, the concept, content, the swag, the rhymes, the metaphors,
the in-rhymes, multies, vocabs and he general instrumentation all share a meager 30%
C'mon u can do better than that. So wat happens when the song doesnt have any hook at all, huh
Anyway, e'rone is entitled to his/her opinion, and i stil prefer this to AIYE PO GAN by far.

I could borrow a thousand tongues to say this again and again:

As a rapper, when your hook doesn't grab the heart, soul and body of your listener; you've just lost 70% of your total score.

YES. You're missing ma point here. Forget about rap - when you listen to any song at all, what part of it do you remember the most? What part sticks immediately/the most? What part dictates what the verses should be about? What part is the pivotal/central/ focal point? What part often tells you the title?

That's to show you how important a hook is. You see all those lyrics, delivery, concept, content, swag, rhymes, metaphors, in-rhymes, multies, vocabs, instrumentation and stuff that you mentioned come secondary. And mind you I've noticed that you have a habit of trying to interprete posts verbatim. You however did not do that here. Now check my post again. I said ". . . when your hook doesn't grab the heart, soul and body . . . You should understand that my use of the word "grab" here connotes some things. It is associated with words like "immediately", "instantly", etc. Let me break it down like this - If your hook does not immediately or instantly arrest listeners' attention, you have lost a major percentage of peops' listenership. It's just like a lecturer having to mark an intelligent script but with a poor outline/handwriting.

The hook is very important. Do you think all listeners are rap analysts like you? cheesy  80% of Nigerians would just listen to a track to enjoy it and move on. How many of them have time for metas, multies, bars and all those your so-called . . . erm . . . elements of a good rap song? grin In general, the hook cuts it for most peops. And when you're in Naija, you should know what time it is - especially when you're trying to have a mass/mainstream appeal, you should know better than to do a sub-standard hook.

On the real tip, if we're having a hip hop summit or forum, we can now discuss your multies et al. And when a rap song has no hook at all, real hip hop fans would still love it for its general presentation. Or why do you think I love tracks like Canibus' Poet Laureate II? Always approach my posts with a deep mind . . . wink

U'v done better analysis b4 but i'm not persuaded by this particular one
to share ur conclusion that this track has MANY THINGS wrong with it,
and not hot, cos sth can be melow, soft, simple and stil be
tagged hot.
oNe

Mr. DBR, I am also not persuaded by your reference to this track as "Hot". Call it "average", "fair", even "good" and I won't have any probs with that. I just can't see anything "hot" about this track. What makes a track hot or not is a subject for another day or thread. Over time, I have come to set a standard for Nigerian songs, which is different from that of other jurisdictions. And off the top of ma head, my list of hot songs from Nigeria would include (but not be limited to) songs like:

MI: Safe
MI: Blaze
Lala/Da Grin: Idi Nla
9ice/Ajasa: Le Fenu So
Mode9: Contradiction
D'banj: Suddenly
Illbliss: Aiye Po Gan
etc, etc

I put these songs on auto-replay when I spin them on my car stereo.

I don't see the possibility of a "Who Be You" song in that list . . .

(1) (Reply)

Ghana Striker Asamoah Gyan First Music Album Release / Latest Jam: Tiyewana Ft. Small Doctor – "Dem Yapa" / Download Music Mp3: Wizkid – Ghana Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.