Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,995 members, 7,841,813 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

FG Pays Over N500B To Oil Marketers In Five Months - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Pays Over N500B To Oil Marketers In Five Months (612 Views)

N500b Paris Club Refund: Labour Set For Showdown With Governors / National Assembly To Buhari: Drop N500b Intervention Fund From Budget 2016 / 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Pays Over N500B To Oil Marketers In Five Months by ifyan(m): 10:54am On May 01, 2015
The Federal Government of Nigeria on Thursday confirmed a fresh payment of N156 billion to oil marketers which added up to N500 billion within the past five months.

A statement from the federal ministry of finance signed by Paul Nwabuikwu, Special Adviser to the Coordinating Minister and Minister of Finance said the latest payment was "in line with the Federal Government’s commitment to prioritise payment to marketers in spite of revenue constraints."

He said the payment had two components with the first "consists of the cash backing of the N100 billion IOU which the marketers were given in March while the second is N56 billion in interest payments for the marketers according to the PPPRA template."

Nwabuikwu disclosed that there still remains "a balance of N98 billion certified by PPPRA as the amount owed the markers."

Nwabuikwu noted that "the N156 billion is the latest in a series of significant payments made to the oil marketers within the last five months. These include over N300 billion in two instalments in December last year and N31 billion in interest differentials recently. In all, oil marketers have received over N500 billion within the past five months."

According to Okonjo-Iweala, “the Federal Government has made maximum effort, in spite of the well-known fact that the fall in oil prices has significantly reduced national revenues, to prioritize payments to marketers. For the sake of Nigerians who are bearing the brunt of fuel scarcity, the marketers should reciprocate in the spirit of dialogue and cooperation in which we have always tried to engage them."

On the recent fall out of the released forensic report on Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) the Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala said she has heard that SIAO Partners, a group of three accounting firms, has filed a suit against her before a Lagos High Court.

Reacting to the law suit, Nwabuikwu said "the Minister is yet to be formally notified of the suit but from information gleaned from media reports, the group is alleging that she appointed the global audit firm PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) to conduct the recently concluded forensic audit of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) against the provisions of the Local Content Act."

Nwabuikwu described the said court action as "spurious in the extreme", arguing that Okonjo-Iweala did not appoint the PWC to carry out the audit.

Source:http://nairausd..com/2015/05/fg-pays-over-n500b-to-oil-marketers-in.html

Re: FG Pays Over N500B To Oil Marketers In Five Months by StarboyMichael(m): 10:55am On May 01, 2015
When will these scams end?
Re: FG Pays Over N500B To Oil Marketers In Five Months by ifyan(m): 11:07am On May 01, 2015
StarboyMichael:
When will these scams end?

What did you mean by scam
Re: FG Pays Over N500B To Oil Marketers In Five Months by socialmediaman: 11:09am On May 01, 2015
Ok oooo. We shall get to the root of this scam...
Re: FG Pays Over N500B To Oil Marketers In Five Months by ifyan(m): 11:11am On May 01, 2015
socialmediaman:
Ok oooo. We shall get to the root of this scam...

It you insist it's a scam proof it
Re: FG Pays Over N500B To Oil Marketers In Five Months by socialmediaman: 11:34am On May 01, 2015
Well I think the former CBN governor who was one of those championing for fuel subsidy removal explained it. Read my article on this issue:

https://www.nairaland.com/2256275/petrol-subsidy-removal-not-affect

ifyan:

It you insist it's a scam proof it
Re: FG Pays Over N500B To Oil Marketers In Five Months by ifyan(m): 11:43am On May 01, 2015
socialmediaman:
Well I think the former CBN governor who was one of those championing for fuel subsidy removal explained it. Read my article on this issue:

https://www.nairaland.com/2256275/petrol-subsidy-removal-not-affect

Sorry For my misunderstanding,I t you were referring to the federal government.

I am also with you in this.

(1) (Reply)

How to Trek from Lagos to Abuja -Hashimu Abubakar as Case Study Via #HashimuPath / Jonathan, Buhari Hold Secret Meeting / Xenophobia: Of Africa Lagos Zone Protests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.