Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,212 members, 7,811,579 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

How I Spent Jonathan's Campaign Fund: Buruji Kashamu's Involvement!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Spent Jonathan's Campaign Fund: Buruji Kashamu's Involvement!!! (2048 Views)

EFCC Invites Modu Sheriff Over N23billion Diezani Campaign fund / Sule Lamido Threatens Yusuf Over PDP Campaign Fund / N.5bn Campaign Fund Stolen In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Spent Jonathan's Campaign Fund: Buruji Kashamu's Involvement!!! by Sooroptimist1: 2:41pm On May 01, 2015
Senator-Elect Kashamu Attacks Jonathan’s Campaign Co-ordinator Over Election Slush Fund

The crises rocking the Ogun State Chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP took a new dimension on Tuesday as the senator-elect of Ogun East, Buruji Kashamu reportedly assaulted the State Presidential campaign Co-ordinator, Prince Segun Seriki over President Jonathan’s campaign funds.

It was gathered that Seriki who was at the Nicon Hilton Hotel in Abuja for a political meeting met with the Buruji at the entrance of the hotel and engaged him in a verbal altercation which led to Buruji assaulting the campaign coordinator.

It was further gathered that the face-off was connected with the N700 million campaign fund released to the committee headed by Seriki for the presidential election in the state.

Kashamu was in the company of the National Coordinator of the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria, TAN, Ifeanyi Uba when the incident happened.

Seriki, a former member of the Federal House of Representatives, confirmed the incident Thursday, saying it was embarrassing and unfortunate.

The Ijebu Igbo born politician explained that Kashamu nearly tore his cloth, if not for the quick intervention of the people around.

He added that the Senator-Elect was running after him in a very violent manner and shouting on top of the voice.

According to him, “his offence was that he refused to be tele-guided by Kashamu, especially, when the campaign fund was released and that he was answerable to former Governor,Otunba Gbenga Daniel instead of him”,Seriki said.

He revealed that a sum of N30 million was given to Kashamu and other candidates from the initial N200 million given to him, adding that, he later gave N200 million from N 500 million later given to the committee.
Seriki alleged that Kashamu threatened to kidnap him.

According to him, “It was a very embarrassing development, he attacked me at the Hilton Hotel yesternight and he nearly torn my cloth off, if not for the quick intervention of the people, because he was practically behaving like someone possesses.

“He was with Ifeanyi Uba when I met him, he was so violent and started running after me while I ran backward. My offence was that I was pro-OGD and didn’t give him much support during the election.

“When I was appointed as the campaign coordinator, I was in between a credible platform represented by Otunba Gbenga Daniel and a controversial platform represented by Buruji Kashamu, but I chose Daniel, because OGD has the widest mass appeal in Ogun State.

“Before my appointment, there was practically no poster or billboard of President Jonathan in the state and I erected about 100 billboards all over the state with the initial N200 million given to the committee while I bought 45 Sienna cars to aggrieved people who Kashamu was pushing out of the party, but Kashamu was requesting for part of the money,” he revealed.

Seriki who blamed Kashamu for the poor political outing of PDP at the last election in the state, explained that he (Kashamu) took over the party structure with ‘questionable judicial process and unilaterally wrote the name of the unpopular candidates and imposed them on the party.’

He lamented that Kashamu should be praising him, if he had good intentions about the election matter, but that he was after the fund for personal aggrandizement, alleging that Kashamu requested the money to be shared among few people.

When asked if he had reported the matter to the police, Seriki explained that he believed that the alleged threat by Kashamu holds no water, adding that, he doesn’t want his case ‘to accelerate the credibility problem hanging on Kashamu’s neck.’

When contacted, the media aide to the Senator-Elect, Austin Oniyokor said he was not with his boss to confirm the development but was quick to say that the allegation, to him, was a very funny one.

He agreed that there might have been some altercations because they belong to the same political party, he however said his boss wouldn’t have gone to the extent of physically assaulting the coordinator.

He however queried why Seriki refused to report such allegation with the security operatives.

“There might have been an issue, it might have led to altercations, but the allegation was very funny and very unfortunate.

“May be, there might have been altercation, but that Prince Buruji Kashamu attacked him personally was making a mountain out of molehill.It couldn’t have gotten to that stage, it is not possible, it is an unfounded claim. There is no way Prince Buruji would attack anybody.”

SOURCE:http://saharareporters.com/2015/05/01/wanted-drug-kingpin-nigerian-senator-elect-kashamu-attacks-jonathan%E2%80%99s-campaign-co

Re: How I Spent Jonathan's Campaign Fund: Buruji Kashamu's Involvement!!! by calmbabadee(m): 2:58pm On May 01, 2015
God will kudu punish devil.

So senator drug lord sef still dey hustle for some coins.

Lest I forget I am FIRST TO COMMENT.

Happy new month to all progressives. As for the transformers, enjoy the hugging while it lasts as electricity no dey for the last 5 days.
Re: How I Spent Jonathan's Campaign Fund: Buruji Kashamu's Involvement!!! by samutd4u(m): 3:00pm On May 01, 2015
Hmm
Re: How I Spent Jonathan's Campaign Fund: Buruji Kashamu's Involvement!!! by nickxtra(m): 3:16pm On May 01, 2015
45 Siena cars for aggrieved people and 100 billboards with the 200 million Naira. Can you see how they used the president's campaign money for personal use?

1 Like

Re: How I Spent Jonathan's Campaign Fund: Buruji Kashamu's Involvement!!! by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:26pm On May 01, 2015
Thugs!!!

PDP are thugs!!!
Re: How I Spent Jonathan's Campaign Fund: Buruji Kashamu's Involvement!!! by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 01, 2015
Southwest PDP scammed Jonathan big time.
Chai!

2 Likes

Re: How I Spent Jonathan's Campaign Fund: Buruji Kashamu's Involvement!!! by tit(f): 3:49pm On May 01, 2015
JackBaueress1:
Southwest PDP scammed Jonathan big time.

Chai!

you can say that again.
the funny thing is this seriki is talking!!!
he spent all that money and lost Ogun state for GEJ.
while Kashamu, whom he did not give a kobo, won his election for pdp on the same day!

2 Likes

Re: How I Spent Jonathan's Campaign Fund: Buruji Kashamu's Involvement!!! by wachakuta(m): 4:08pm On May 01, 2015
Baba buhari we need more prisons in Nigeria... enough thief's r roamin around in our society

3 Likes

Re: How I Spent Jonathan's Campaign Fund: Buruji Kashamu's Involvement!!! by Volksfuhrer(m): 4:29pm On May 01, 2015
I wonder why Jonah is not asking for refund? Or sue them for misappropriation of funds! grin

2 Likes

Re: How I Spent Jonathan's Campaign Fund: Buruji Kashamu's Involvement!!! by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 01, 2015
Volksfuhrer:
I wonder why Jonah is not asking for refund? Or sue them for misappropriation of funds! grin

We would set up a committee to look into it grin

1 Like

Re: How I Spent Jonathan's Campaign Fund: Buruji Kashamu's Involvement!!! by idu1(m): 5:01pm On May 01, 2015
I wish I wise I eat from this jonathan's millions....

1 Like

Re: How I Spent Jonathan's Campaign Fund: Buruji Kashamu's Involvement!!! by efilefun(m): 5:02pm On May 01, 2015
Bunch of thieves and touts, yet some e-rat said GEJ never campaigned with 2 trillion naira that it's all propaganda... Well here's 700million for only ogun state and we got 36 states + Abuja. I just pray all this corrupt fools are being prosecuted and given lengthy jail terms to teach others who see them as mentors and heroes lesson

1 Like

Re: How I Spent Jonathan's Campaign Fund: Buruji Kashamu's Involvement!!! by theV0ice: 5:26pm On May 01, 2015
GEJ their hero.......BURUJI KASHAMU their role model.....SERIKI their mentor

See how much GEJ wasted on his failed reelection....

If their rigging plans had sailed through, this Seriki would have brought another bill of N700m claiming how much 'work' they did to 'win' Ogun for pdp angry

You guys must vomit the millions you chopped by fire by force
Re: How I Spent Jonathan's Campaign Fund: Buruji Kashamu's Involvement!!! by Demmzy15(m): 5:38pm On May 01, 2015
Ogbeni Burukutu or whatever they call you, you must face the law. I pray Buhari brings back the death penalty for drug offenders, they've destroyed the lives of Nigerians and the Country as a whole!

GMB my hero, FAYEMI my role model and Rochas our next Presido! grin
Re: How I Spent Jonathan's Campaign Fund: Buruji Kashamu's Involvement!!! by sheymoni(m): 5:41pm On May 01, 2015
700 million multiply by 36 Somebody should help me with calculator abeg
No wonder our foreign reserve & federation account is empty angry

1 Like

Re: How I Spent Jonathan's Campaign Fund: Buruji Kashamu's Involvement!!! by pstfr: 9:11pm On May 01, 2015
efilefun:
Bunch of thieves and touts, yet some e-rat said GEJ never campaigned with 2 trillion naira that it's all propaganda... Well here's 700million for only ogun state and we got 36 states + Abuja. I just pray all this corrupt fools are being prosecuted and given lengthy jail terms to teach others who see them as mentors and heroes lesson
bros, over 20 billion was raised for Gej campaign and no matter how you guys try to devalue the naira, that amount will still remain. Moreover, nobody has ever mention a dime spent by apc. Abi there own na free?

(1) (Reply)

I Will Not Go To Jail - Cramjones / Eid El Fitri Comes Up Saturday 18th Of This Month / Peter Obi Defends Okonjo-iweala, Says She Warned Governors To Save For The Rainy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.