Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,312 members, 7,839,505 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Michael Igbinedion 6yrs Jail Term VS Oluremi Olayinka 266yrs Jail Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Michael Igbinedion 6yrs Jail Term VS Oluremi Olayinka 266yrs Jail Term (1320 Views)

'Mr. Health Minister, Are You Mad?' - Lere Olayinka Asks Adewole / Dino Melaye Vs Oluremi Tinubu: What Is Your Reaction To This Asiwaju Response? / The Soldier Who Has Seen His Family Only 12times In 6yrs Cos Of Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Michael Igbinedion 6yrs Jail Term VS Oluremi Olayinka 266yrs Jail Term by tope777(m): 7:42pm On May 01, 2015
Nairalander!! we need to look at these two cases and make necessary recommendation to our Government. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

Michael Igbinedion stole N25bn and going for 6yrs jail term with option of N3m
http://www.punchng.com/news/n25bn-fraud-lucky-igbinedions-brother-to-pay-n3m-fine/

Oluremi Olaniyan stole N8m and going for 266yrs jail term
http://www.channelstv.com/2015/04/22/court-hands-266-year-jail-sentence-to-woman-over-n8m-theft/
Re: Michael Igbinedion 6yrs Jail Term VS Oluremi Olayinka 266yrs Jail Term by SuperSuave(m): 7:54pm On May 01, 2015
Hmmm..this country nawa
Re: Michael Igbinedion 6yrs Jail Term VS Oluremi Olayinka 266yrs Jail Term by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 01, 2015
na wah o.. why are you pained its the law!!!! the law is an ass!!!
u should learn about lawyers sir.
Re: Michael Igbinedion 6yrs Jail Term VS Oluremi Olayinka 266yrs Jail Term by Feranchek(m): 8:13pm On May 01, 2015
Na naija we dey na... I'm surprised you're surprised.... grin
Re: Michael Igbinedion 6yrs Jail Term VS Oluremi Olayinka 266yrs Jail Term by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 01, 2015
Joke of a country... see our corrupt laws and some pple dont want us to review all dese because of selfish interest, tribalism and religion...
Re: Michael Igbinedion 6yrs Jail Term VS Oluremi Olayinka 266yrs Jail Term by themilanway(m): 8:17pm On May 01, 2015
Our judiciary sysrtem has been a huge joke.One can hope and pray Buhari/Osinbanjo will do some thing drastic about it.

Our judiciary is nothing but shame

1 Like

Re: Michael Igbinedion 6yrs Jail Term VS Oluremi Olayinka 266yrs Jail Term by espn(m): 8:27pm On May 01, 2015
themilanway:
Our [b]judiciary sysrtem [/b]has been a huge joke.One can hope and pray Buhari/Osinbanjo will do some thing drastic about it.

Our judiciary is nothing but shame
JUDICIAL SYSTEM..
Re: Michael Igbinedion 6yrs Jail Term VS Oluremi Olayinka 266yrs Jail Term by themilanway(m): 8:34pm On May 01, 2015
espn:
JUDICIAL SYSTEM..

Ooppss!Thanks.

Typo
Re: Michael Igbinedion 6yrs Jail Term VS Oluremi Olayinka 266yrs Jail Term by espn(m): 8:51pm On May 01, 2015
themilanway:

Ooppss!Thanks.

Typo
aiit bro..no 1 is above making mistake.
Re: Michael Igbinedion 6yrs Jail Term VS Oluremi Olayinka 266yrs Jail Term by megacity: 8:56pm On May 01, 2015
No justice in the Nigerian Judiciary.
Re: Michael Igbinedion 6yrs Jail Term VS Oluremi Olayinka 266yrs Jail Term by trillville(m): 9:11pm On May 01, 2015
I no longer support the idea of any thief in Nigeria going to prison !!!

Pause for a minute, I'm not going crazy. You can continue reading now.

During our grand parents lifetime, stealing was not as rampant as it is today. Each region had its customary ways of dealing with thieves. Today, we have just adopted the British common law, which was created based on Britain's culture, and yet we expect it to work for us?

The average Nigerian sees western prisons as a holiday, cause when you go there, you do not work. They feed you, clothe you, you have nice toilet facilities (not like in our NYSC camps) and they will even educate you for free.
As a result of this fact, the Nigerian government will never build standard prisons in Nigeria because a lot of bobos and babes will be fighting to go to prison.

When a thief big man is found guilty of theft, Nigerians tend to have pity for the person because of the deplorable state of our prisons so we start to make excuses and stylishly beg for mercy.
Most cultures used to strip thieves to their undies, pour dirt on them and force them to dance round the town while children will be singing t"ole ole"
"Ole ajibole"

As silly as this punishment sounds, it may actually curb corruption in Nigeria. Really, I'm not kidding!

When you consider why people steal so much in Nigeria, you will realise the primary reason, is to show off to their peers, either that they have a better house, better cars, eating better food, etc. it's all about showing off cause Nigerians respect display of money, and this gives the "shinee" (the person doing effizy) authority over his peers.

Making the thief strip down to their undies while been mocked by children removes every sense of dignity the thief has, and the embarrassment and shame to the big man will be so unbearable to him and his family members. Imagine the YouTube clips and the facebook and Twitter post that would be generated from such events. Oh, think of the mimes, Nigeria would definitely become more popular as a result of this.

Well, if you've read to this point, I guess you are as bored as I am.

2 Likes

Re: Michael Igbinedion 6yrs Jail Term VS Oluremi Olayinka 266yrs Jail Term by themilanway(m): 9:20pm On May 01, 2015
espn:
aiit bro..no 1 is above making mistake.

You can say that again,was typing after 2 bottles of big stout and a plate of cat fish.

Man must not die by bread alone grin grin grin grin

Its friday.
Re: Michael Igbinedion 6yrs Jail Term VS Oluremi Olayinka 266yrs Jail Term by espn(m): 9:30pm On May 01, 2015
themilanway:

You can say that again,was typing after 2 bottles of big stout and a plate of cat fish.

Man must not die by bread alone grin grin grin grin

Its friday.
am on 2 origin (rum) 2 (can) and 2 heineken....oya nw!lets go!
Re: Michael Igbinedion 6yrs Jail Term VS Oluremi Olayinka 266yrs Jail Term by themilanway(m): 10:56pm On May 01, 2015
espn:
am on 2 origin (rum) 2 (can) and 2 heineken....oya nw!lets go!

grin grin grin grin grin Coded guy.
Re: Michael Igbinedion 6yrs Jail Term VS Oluremi Olayinka 266yrs Jail Term by tope777(m): 9:04am On May 02, 2015
God have mercy.
Re: Michael Igbinedion 6yrs Jail Term VS Oluremi Olayinka 266yrs Jail Term by tope777(m): 8:12pm On May 02, 2015
Its well.
Re: Michael Igbinedion 6yrs Jail Term VS Oluremi Olayinka 266yrs Jail Term by internetpirate: 6:58am On May 03, 2015
Or very patient! I never dismiss anything...actually your write-up had some valid points, and I can sympathise with its slant! It's apparent that our laws and judicial systems need an overhaul! Our core document, the constitution is a charade! God help us!

trillville:
I no longer support the idea of any thief in Nigeria going to prison !!!

Pause for a minute, I'm not going crazy. You can continue reading now.

During our grand parents lifetime, stealing was not as rampant as it is today. Each region had its customary ways of dealing with thieves. Today, we have just adopted the British common law, which was created based on Britain's culture, and yet we expect it to work for us?

The average Nigerian sees western prisons as a holiday, cause when you go there, you do not work. They feed you, clothe you, you have nice toilet facilities (not like in our NYSC camps) and they will even educate you for free.
As a result of this fact, the Nigerian government will never build standard prisons in Nigeria because a lot of bobos and babes will be fighting to go to prison.

When a thief big man is found guilty of theft, Nigerians tend to have pity for the person because of the deplorable state of our prisons so we start to make excuses and stylishly beg for mercy.
Most cultures used to strip thieves to their undies, pour dirt on them and force them to dance round the town while children will be singing t"ole ole"
"Ole ajibole"

As silly as this punishment sounds, it may actually curb corruption in Nigeria. Really, I'm not kidding!

When you consider why people steal so much in Nigeria, you will realise the primary reason, is to show off to their peers, either that they have a better house, better cars, eating better food, etc. it's all about showing off cause Nigerians respect display of money, and this gives the "shinee" (the person doing effizy) authority over his peers.

Making the thief strip down to their undies while been mocked by children removes every sense of dignity the thief has, and the embarrassment and shame to the big man will be so unbearable to him and his family members. Imagine the YouTube clips and the facebook and Twitter post that would be generated from such events. Oh, think of the mimes, Nigeria would definitely become more popular as a result of this.

Well, if you've read to this point, I guess you are as bored as I am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael Igbinedion 6yrs Jail Term VS Oluremi Olayinka 266yrs Jail Term by theV0ice: 7:12am On May 03, 2015
Our laws are crazy actually but an average Nigerian's mentality needs changing.

We crack jokes about a politician who steals a billion from the public treasury but express 'righteous indignation' about a thief who takes our 25k at a b/stop. This is because we don't see the billion as ours because it 'belongs' to the govt forgetting that we are the govt line sunny okosun sang some years back.

The politicians and military rulers have so bastardized us that we really careless about Nigeria. Who can blame us anyway?

However its not good enough. Until we express more interest in how our country is run, we will not get the country we desire.

Concerning this case, our laws need over hauling because these 2 cases show our laws are a joke. Its very annoying
Re: Michael Igbinedion 6yrs Jail Term VS Oluremi Olayinka 266yrs Jail Term by allanphash7(m): 8:18am On May 03, 2015
I am not surprised atall, all am sure is that Micheal will still appeal the case and may win then he will just be given an option of fine then he come outside and begin the spending but on the other guy sorry is his case

Nigeria is ajoke
Judiciary is full of hypoctrites

Rich man wey steal money we no they see their face for crime fighter but the poor man wey steal maggi

I doubt if Nigeria will be better
Re: Michael Igbinedion 6yrs Jail Term VS Oluremi Olayinka 266yrs Jail Term by tope777(m): 1:34pm On May 05, 2015
Urgent reform needed or we are in deep shit.

(1) (Reply)

Naira May Drop To N500 Against Dollar Soon - Dangote / Exclusive: Chief Obafemi Awolowo In His Own Words / Akwa Ibom Tribunal - Umana Tenders 7 Damning Video Evidences To Butress His Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.