Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Obj, 3,645 Others Lose Lands In Abuja - Nigeria Triburn 04-02-09 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obj, 3,645 Others Lose Lands In Abuja - Nigeria Triburn 04-02-09 (1106 Views)

Election Tsunami: Ngige, Adeyemi, Adetunbi, Ningi, Others Lose Senate Seats / Stella Obasanjo, Diya, Useni Others Lose Prime Lands In Lagos / Minister, Nafada, Osotimehin, Others Lose N404m To 419 Stockbrokers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obj, 3,645 Others Lose Lands In Abuja - Nigeria Triburn 04-02-09 by chidichris(m): 2:06pm On Feb 04, 2009
THE Senate on Tuesday adopted a recommendation which asked the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Senator Adamu Aliero, to revoke land allocations made by former Minister of the FCT, Mallam Nasiru el-Rufai, to the farm of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Obasanjo Farms Limited, on the eve of the former president’s departure from office.

The Senate accepted the recommendation of its Joint Committee on Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and Housing which recommended that plots of land allocated to former President Obasanjo, which originally belonged to the Universal Basic Education (UBE), be revoked and returned to Inter-projects, which was initially allocated the land.

Also recommended for revocation were 3, 645 plots of lands allocated by el-Rufai, between May 17, 2007 and May 29, 2007. The recommendation was also accepted at the Senate hearing on Tuesday.

While accepting other recommendations, the Senate also stated that all land revocations and allocations made by the former minister in the last 30 days of his tenure as the minister of the FCT should be revisited and reviewed by the present minister.

According to the Chairman of the Committee, Senator Abubakar Sodangi, who presented the report, Mallam el-Rufai, within that time, acted without authority to do so, as “he had become functus officio” because the Federal Executive Council (FEC) had been dissolved by that time.

The Senate also directed the FCT administration to restore all the plots belonging to the Federal Government’s ministries and parastatals agencies which were revoked by the el-Rufai administration.

Also, the Senate directed the FCT administration to restore all the lands revoked by the previous administration on which there were subsisting court orders and all the revocations that contravened the Land Use Decree.

On the findings of the committee, Senator Sodangi said: “That the immediate past minister of the FCT, Mallam el-Rufai, allocated 4, 352 plots in less than 30 days to his exit as minister. That the breakdown of allocation made in the last two weeks of his leaving office shows that he signed out 3,645 plots and on the last day of Obasanjo administration, on 29 May, 2007, the minister signed out 655 plots, even when the cabinet had been dissolved on 16 May, 2007 by the former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

“The committee finds this action to be reckless and without due authority of office. The former Minister of FCTA, Mallam el-Rufai, revoked land allocation without due process as the memorandum which he approved for the revocations was written by persons not authorised by the law, namely, Ezeamaka Cyril and Babatunde Olajide, his personal Assistants.”

guilty conscience forced the el rufai man into a compulsory study leave. i know the british govt. when his money go down, they will send him back to nigeria to pay the prize.
Re: Obj, 3,645 Others Lose Lands In Abuja - Nigeria Triburn 04-02-09 by Muza(m): 2:20pm On Feb 04, 2009
This is a welcome development.
More should be retrieved from those thieves
Re: Obj, 3,645 Others Lose Lands In Abuja - Nigeria Triburn 04-02-09 by cre8tivity(f): 2:21pm On Feb 04, 2009
el-rufai is currently in school very, very busy studying to be a medical doctor, to come and save the world.
this criminal sold govt. properties, our properties to his friends, family and himself for nothing. you people do not want to know the quantity and the value of the properties this hypocrite pretty much gave away. now, all of a sudden, the bastard is too busy in school to answer all these questions. and the sad part of the whole scenario is the fact that some nigerians still see nothing wrong with this horrible movie. i pity the country and the future.
there is no hope until these bastards are arrested and severely punished for deceiving nigerians for this long.
Re: Obj, 3,645 Others Lose Lands In Abuja - Nigeria Triburn 04-02-09 by cre8tivity(f): 2:28pm On Feb 04, 2009
names on the list: bode george, iyabo obasojo, ribadu, el-rufai, sunday ehinderoh, fani kayode, aborishade, andy mba, obasojo, gbenga daniel, el-rufai's brother, el-rufai's brother in-law, ribadu's father in-law, another obasojo's kid and many more.
Re: Obj, 3,645 Others Lose Lands In Abuja - Nigeria Triburn 04-02-09 by lucabrasi(m): 2:33pm On Feb 04, 2009
@creativity
pls speak like a lady sometimes and watch your language,
@post
it is a welcome development only if this same properties will not be transferred to the people in power presently,then what has been the use?
i dont see the names of present government ministers and officials in the presidency there so im highly skeptical of the whole thing
Re: Obj, 3,645 Others Lose Lands In Abuja - Nigeria Triburn 04-02-09 by cre8tivity(f): 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2009
sweet-heart, how does a lady speak?
Re: Obj, 3,645 Others Lose Lands In Abuja - Nigeria Triburn 04-02-09 by lucabrasi(m): 2:49pm On Feb 04, 2009
cre8tivity:

sweet heart, how does a lady speak?
no vex o,but all the bastard this bastard that isnt helping your stance on issues, its just an observation not criticism
Re: Obj, 3,645 Others Lose Lands In Abuja - Nigeria Triburn 04-02-09 by cre8tivity(f): 2:53pm On Feb 04, 2009
when your country and people are being sucked to the bone by parasites, i'm not sure if there is a specific way to express how you feel.
i'm sorry, but if you can't take my style of expression, please kindly log on to st michael's cathedral forum site for politics and save the world discussion.
you're still one of my favorites.
Re: Obj, 3,645 Others Lose Lands In Abuja - Nigeria Triburn 04-02-09 by TRACK: 3:02pm On Feb 04, 2009
It is like some guys in this forum have lost track. Why not address the issue raised about our beloved country Nigeria.
Any how, on the decision of the "lawmakers" bros na them them. cry All of them follow do am oo.
Re: Obj, 3,645 Others Lose Lands In Abuja - Nigeria Triburn 04-02-09 by lucabrasi(m): 3:13pm On Feb 04, 2009
cre8tivity:

when your country and people are being sucked to the bone by parasites, i'm not sure if there is a specific way to express how you feel.
i'm sorry, but if you can't take my style of expression, please kindly log on to st michael's cathedral forum site for politics and save the world discussion.
you're still one of my favorites.
touche,ouch!! lol oh well you have a point cheesy
Re: Obj, 3,645 Others Lose Lands In Abuja - Nigeria Triburn 04-02-09 by Eziachi: 5:11pm On Feb 04, 2009
And who will inherit the lost lands?
Probabaly to the people now in charge, who will in turn lose it tomorrow to those that will replace them and the charade continues.
What a MESS of a nation!!!!!!!
Re: Obj, 3,645 Others Lose Lands In Abuja - Nigeria Triburn 04-02-09 by chidichris(m): 5:42pm On Feb 04, 2009
i am really surprised that ppl are now more interested on what to do with the land before getting them back.
obj and ribadu told us that abacha stole all our money and we were only rejoicing about the recovery no minding what to do with the money. el rufai recovered a lot of lands in fct even that of the them senate preasident - pius ayim and we celebrated them so why are not celebrating recovery this time.
it is important that nigerians have the knowledge of the real obj, el rufai and ribadu.
the only obstruction here will be obj because he has refused to back out of politics. all cases link up to him and because of his position, nobody makes a headway where obj is involved.
the particular man through his pdp influence has decided to bring the whole country to a stand still for his personal benefits.

(1) (Reply)

Child Witch Victims Of Nigeria Africa. / Nans Pledges To Fight Terrorism, Support Us / The Memo By Dora Akunyili That Tore Fec Apart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.