Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Members Of Buhari's Transition Committee Not Automatic Ministers – Joda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Members Of Buhari's Transition Committee Not Automatic Ministers – Joda (605 Views)

Jonathan, Buhari's Transition Teams Meet In Abuja / Buhari Appoints Ahmed Joda, 85 year Old To Head His Transition Committee / President Elect Buhari's Transition Team [Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Members Of Buhari's Transition Committee Not Automatic Ministers – Joda by makzeze: 8:02am On May 02, 2015
Chairman of General Muhammadu Buhari’s transition committee, Malam Ahmed Joda
Chairman of General Muhammadu Buhari’s transition committee, Malam Ahmed Joda, has dispelled media reports that members of his committee were automatic ministers.

Weekly Trust reports that since the inauguration of the committee, there have been reports that its members were going to make the ministerial list of the in-coming administration after handing over on May 29.
But Joda said in an interview aired on Freedom Radio Kano that members of the committee were appointed mainly to facilitate the transition process. “We were appointed to do this singular job but there is possibility that some of our members may make it to Buhari’s cabinet but they were not brought here to become ministers,” the former federal permanent secretary said in the interview, monitored in Kano.

Joda, who is regarded as the link between the first generation of civil servants and the present day, said his committee would constitute sub-committees that would comprise experts and resource people from all fields of human endeavour to effectively discharge their job.

“Truly speaking, the time frame of our committee is short and it cannot be enough. There are signs that we cannot finish under the period, we will set up committees of people with track records in different fields and we will give them time to do sector by sector analysis. From their reports, we will submit an interim report to the president-elect before he takes over but it won’t be our final report,” the elder statesman.
“Before he takes over, by God’s grace, we will complete our work but he cannot get our final report before assuming office. If there are areas to be investigated, we will let them know and it would be assigned to people who will do the investigation, it is not our responsibility to investigate,” he said.

On how ready he was to manage disagreements between members of the committee, he said: “I don’t think we will have problems with members of our committee because of the calibre and exposure of our members. Yes, we may see things from different perspective and argue but we will definitely overcome our differences.”

Recalling how he met Buhari, Joda said he met him during the civil war in Awka, Anambra State.
“The first time I met Buhari was on the 9th of January, 1970 in Awka. It was on a Saturday during the civil war when I was permanent secretary of the ministry of information. During the war I used to visit our soldiers in the warfront, so it was during one of my visits that I met Buhari. That day he returned from the battlefield and he met me discussing with other officers,” Joda recalled.
Talking about the personality of the president-elect, he said from afar the Buhari is seen as a difficult person but that he is a very simple and understanding leader who always wants to see to the plight of people under him.

Source: www.dailytrust.com.ng/weekly/index.php/63-cover-stories/20351-members-of-my-committee-not-automatic-ministers-joda
Re: Members Of Buhari's Transition Committee Not Automatic Ministers – Joda by makzeze: 8:03am On May 02, 2015
Re: Members Of Buhari's Transition Committee Not Automatic Ministers – Joda by Nobody: 8:05am On May 02, 2015
vdfghjjjkkkk
Re: Members Of Buhari's Transition Committee Not Automatic Ministers – Joda by wachakuta(m): 8:10am On May 02, 2015
Teach dem how it's done APC
Re: Members Of Buhari's Transition Committee Not Automatic Ministers – Joda by san316(m): 8:17am On May 02, 2015
I wonder for some dumasses o. Who gave them the impression that being in the committee will give you automatic ministerial position. By the way I don't think GMB can make Joda a minister.
Re: Members Of Buhari's Transition Committee Not Automatic Ministers – Joda by VhatAmazingDude: 8:21am On May 02, 2015
Who asked?
Re: Members Of Buhari's Transition Committee Not Automatic Ministers – Joda by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:18am On May 02, 2015
J

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Members Of Buhari's Transition Committee Not Automatic Ministers – Joda by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:47am On May 02, 2015
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

APC Governors Meet Buhari Over Those To Be Made Ministers / Omg!!!baby Badly Burnt After Boko Haram Attack / Buhari Orders His Convoy To Obey Traffic Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.