Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! (10017 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Lists Out His Achievements In Office During Speech At Oxford / Goodluck Jonathan Hailed For His Speech At Oxford University (Pics) / Photo Of Goodluck Jonathan At Oxford (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by Naijiant: 11:37am On May 02, 2015
To give Madam Due Process her due, she was terrible!

Oby Ezekwesili, one time minister for education and minister for solid minerals under the Obasanjo regime, aka “Madam Due Process”, and lately the frontwoman for the Bring Back Our Girls campaign, went “Head to Head” on Al Jazeera with Mehdi Hasan at the Oxford Union.

More details + video:
http://www.naijiant.com/videos/from-madam-due-process-to-madam-public-embarrassment/
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by lokito: 11:40am On May 02, 2015
That woman lectured me at FUTO and I'm yet to meet a better lecturer

43 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by Feranchek(m): 11:52am On May 02, 2015
lokito:
Try attending ALL the universities in Nigeria through JAMB, for different courses. Till you do that, nna'm ukwu, biko, sidon one side, close mouth and read other reasonable comments. Gratias pappy

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by Onajevwe(m): 11:56am On May 02, 2015
I love this woman. She is dogged and very caring. She isn't a person that cowers in fear when opposed even by people close to her.

God Bless You Ma'am.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by sosanova: 11:58am On May 02, 2015
She messed up big time in that interview

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by bakila: 12:05pm On May 02, 2015
Opposition at work

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by vanndubi: 12:24pm On May 02, 2015
lokito:

Which year was that and which dept?

***modified***
After 1 hour, lokito is nowhere to be found to answer the above question.

Lokitoooo, wey this guy claiming futoite

***modified***

1444hrs: House, if anybody sees Lokito, pls tell him to report on this thread to tell us when and in what dept madam Oby lectured in FUTO.

House, Lokito has responded. Read how madam Oby lectured him at Futo and turned out his best lecturer. Lokito over to u:

lokito:

She lectured us on Greenhouse effects on the Ozone layer, 2006. A seminar. Thank u

Thank you Lokito for the response. I hope u had an A in that" seminar" ,great Futoite

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by papaejima1: 12:33pm On May 02, 2015
Lol. Am not surprised.
Once you take her away from her programmed forte of criticizing Jonathan, she flounders.
Now that the NA is bringing back girls, women and Children, she is now running around in crazy circles because she knows not what else to ask Jonathan to bring back.

Umm, unless it is to bring back shecow!

12 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by PedroJP(m): 1:00pm On May 02, 2015
papaejima1:
Lol. Am not surprised.
Once you take her away from her programmed forte of criticizing Jonathan, she flouinders.
Now that the NA is bringing back girls, women and Children, she is now running around in crazy circles because she knows not what else to ask Jonathan to bring back.

Umm, unless it is to bring back shecow!

Dem don use her finish achieve their aim, award her one of the most influencial pple, tell her bye bye. Na shecow she go soon go dine with now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 02, 2015
That woman needs to take some time off and make her hair. She should refuse to look ugly by investing less time on twitter and more time on learning how to make-up. You must first be a woman first before being a Nigerian. I do not patronize people who are negligent of their looks, cos they will not pay attention to most important things in life.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by omonnakoda: 1:28pm On May 02, 2015
Disgrace? What disgrace?
What I saw was a mature exemplary performance against a blustering,bullying and belligerent interview style.

7 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by Naijiant: 1:45pm On May 02, 2015
omonnakoda:
Disgrace? What disgrace?
What I saw was a mature exemplary performance against a blustering,bullying and belligerent interview style.
You should have listened to what she said instead just seeing.

9 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 02, 2015
I don't know her in person bt I think she cool.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by omonnakoda: 2:03pm On May 02, 2015
Naijiant:

You should have listened to what she said instead just seeing.
I did not listen?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by vedaxcool(m): 2:07pm On May 02, 2015
She did well , though her defence of liberal economy and imf was shaky and wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by Boss13: 2:14pm On May 02, 2015
True be told, the interviewer was hard on Oby. Overall, she did remarkably well. I need to do more research on that guy, he is the kind of person that needs to interview our corrupt leaders. Brutal journalism.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by Volksfuhrer(m): 2:15pm On May 02, 2015
Billyonaire:
That woman needs to take some time off and make her hair. She should refuse to look ugly by investing less time on twitter and more time on learning how to make-up. You must first be a woman first before being a Nigerian. I do not patronize people who are negligent of their looks, cos they will not pay attention to most important things in life.

That was harsh. As long as she's clean, there's nothing wrong with her. There are too many question-begging epithets in your submission. If she wasn't paying attention to more "important things in life" she wouldn't be called for that interview!

8 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by Naijiant: 2:25pm On May 02, 2015
Boss13:
True be told, the interviewer was hard on Oby. Overall, she did remarkably well. I need to do more research on that guy, he is the kind of person that needs to interview our corrupt leaders. Brutal journalism.
Mehdi Hasan is a very sharp guy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehdi_Hasan
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by Boss13: 2:27pm On May 02, 2015
Naijiant:

Mehdi Hasan is a very sharp guy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehdi_Hasan

He is very good

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by omonnakoda: 2:28pm On May 02, 2015
vedaxcool:
She did well , though her defence of liberal economy and imf was shaky and wrong.
Firstly she did not "defend liberal economy or IMF" and if she did that is an opinion I do not see what qualifies you or anyone to say it is right or wrong any more than saying one political candidate is better or worse. Economic opinions are not an empirical science. Without dwelling on the opinions she has which I do not agree or disagree with I watched the clip to see how she disgraced herself
Firstly she was not nakedd or drunk
She spoke thoughtfully ,intelligently and articulately in the face on an interview style that was overly intrusive. It is not the job of an interviewer to debate an interviewee but to question . In this case he badgered her quite rudely when he did not give an answer he liked e.g requiring her to give an opinion that was potentially libelous on Obasanjo. Again when she indicated that she was not a partisan politician he persisted that is debating not interviewing there is a difference.She answered the question and he should move on.
Importantly in the face of all that she did not lose her cool as some might have which was quite mature. I do not see economic opinion or politics as areas of mathematical precision He cited information from "Wikileaks" as FACTS which of course are debatable. .What is important is that people have a logical basis for their position. Equally there may be a logical position for an opposing perspective.
I therefore wonder from which altar you deign to pronounce that she was "wrong" by the way she never worked for the IMF but the World Bank, She admitted the need for those institutions to change and even proposed that they should cease to exist by 2033. She did say that African leaders need to show more assertiveness in rejecting policies that did not suit them

11 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by overdrive(m): 2:30pm On May 02, 2015

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by omolami: 2:33pm On May 02, 2015
She is the ugliest man living today. Very clueless on matters that would propel d country to grater heights but proficient in things to descredit indivuals. As ugly as Obj

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by omonnakoda: 2:35pm On May 02, 2015
Boss13:

He is very good
He is sharp but I do not agree he is good . I think he is immature and plays to the gallery a lot. It is important to study the older more mature interviewers to see how they operate.Clearly he fancies himself as a younger Jeremy Paxman but he must learn that when you ask a question and get an answer you don't like you should at best express your skepticism rather than attempt to badger or bully as he did with the Obasanjo question.That was inappropriate. He should learn from Larry King. The ultimate . Anyway I guess there is a market for his style but he I am sure he will adjust if he was interviewing the Emirs of ,UAE about human rights or workers rights etc

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 02, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

That was harsh. As long as she's clean, there's nothing wrong with her. There are too many question-begging epithets in your submission. If she wasn't paying attention to more "important things in life" she wouldn't be called for that interview!
Of what use, is her rants ? I believe she was invited there to be ridiculed. You know it, I know it, we know it.

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by decode55(m): 2:50pm On May 02, 2015
She side-stepped some tricky questions thrown at her (especially the ones related to OBJ)

Apart from that, I think she handled herself quite well smiley

4 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by coolitempa(f): 2:58pm On May 02, 2015
....she did very well....excellent.... grin
Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 02, 2015
omolami:
She is the ugliest man living today. Very clueless on matters that would propel d country to grater heights but proficient in things to descredit indivuals. As ugly as Obj

Thou shall not hate nor call ya fellow species ugly for thy God created y'all in His image.

6 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by hassan85(m): 3:09pm On May 02, 2015
One of the most intelligent ibo brain we have out dia. Keep making noise yil she keeps moving.

4 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:18pm On May 02, 2015
Feranchek:

Try attending ALL the universities in Nigeria through JAMB, for different courses. Till you do that, nna'm ukwu, biko, sidon one side, close mouth and read other reasonable comments. Gratias pappy
u are just a hater. The guy said his mind...he hasn't met another like her..how is dt ur problem?

4 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by Firefire(m): 3:33pm On May 02, 2015
undecided

Oby why ?

3 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by Matthewbriggs(m): 3:44pm On May 02, 2015
She did a good job. She tried.

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili Disgraces Herself At Oxford! by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 02, 2015
The only grouse I have with Oby was her obsession with the Chibok girls given that she knows more about the abduction than she has publicly acknowledged. Many Nigerians were abducted, as the recent liberation of Sambisa forest has shown, but BBOG campaigners were only concerned about a section of them.

It is my belief that the girls' abduction was one of the plans hatched to bring down the administration of GEJ. It's comparable to 1979 Iranian crisis that was eventually used to defeat Jimmy Carter. President Jonathan did not help matters too by not being decisive or ,say, brutal enough on BH. His stance on the missing $20 billion also did not help. If all he is doing now- sacking APC moles, being more decisive on BH, and seen to be fighting corruption etc .Had he done them earlier,he would have won the election.

Now we are the mercy of 'change' people, but experiences all over the world have shown that politicians that shout change all the time have no specific programmes. Therefore, I shall be watching.

I rest my case.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov Umahi Demands ₦1 Billion In Damages From People's Gazette For Defamation / Senate Confirms Kuru, Hasan As AMCON, NDIC MDs / Youths Barricade NGF Secretariat, Demand Attention On Healthcare Facility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.