Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,594 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Cheney Warns Of Terrorist Attacks! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Cheney Warns Of Terrorist Attacks! (1273 Views)

Photos From The Terrorist Attacks On Radisson Blu Hotel, Mali / Iraq War Veteran's Last Letter To Bush And Cheney!! / A Soon-to-die Solider Who Fought The Iraqi War Writes Bush And Cheney. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheney Warns Of Terrorist Attacks! by OBVIOUS(m): 3:57pm On Feb 04, 2009
Former Vice President Dick Cheney warned that there is a “high probability” that terrorists will attempt a catastrophic nuclear or biological attack in coming years, and said he fears the Obama administration’s policies will make it more likely the attempt will succeed.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090204/pl_politico/18390
Re: Cheney Warns Of Terrorist Attacks! by RichyBlacK(m): 4:27pm On Feb 04, 2009
D.ick Cheney is a fool! He wants an attack to happen so he'll open his dirty mouth to shout "I told you so, torture would have prevented this!". Bloody neocon!
Re: Cheney Warns Of Terrorist Attacks! by Lagosboy: 5:22pm On Feb 04, 2009
Bloody Cheney should go retire under his duvet or they should remove the toy in his chest. The ultra neo con should shut the f**k up and let Obama be. did their policy make the world safer or did their policy capture Bin Laden? Rather they made terrorism thrive and inflamed the anti american sentiments by the killing of thousands of innocents worldwide, rendition and first class toruture.
Re: Cheney Warns Of Terrorist Attacks! by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 04, 2009
Lagosboy:

Bloody Cheney should go retire under his duvet or they should remove the toy in his chest. The ultra neo con should shut the f**k up and let Obama be. did their policy make the world safer or did their policy capture Bin Laden? Rather they made terrorism thrive and inflamed the anti american sentiments by the killing of thousands of innocents worldwide, rendition and first class toruture.

It was not Bush's policy that caused 9-11. Islamic jihad is an evil that needs to be firmly dealt with.
7-7, Bali bombings, Mumbai, Madrid all were not products of Cheney's policy . . . muslims need to stop blaming everyone else for their own predilection for violence and death.
Re: Cheney Warns Of Terrorist Attacks! by dayokanu(m): 6:50pm On Feb 04, 2009
@Lagosboy,
Moslems have been terrorists ever since.
The embassy bombing in East Africa were those ones provoked by Cheney too. terrorism has been in the mind of Moslems before Cheney and bush got to the white House.

Which specific policy triggered 9-11 or those embassy bombing in East africa by your brothers in faith.
Madrid, London, Mumbai, Bali, were all inflamed by Cheney? Beaty pageant killing in Nigeria, Cartoon riot, Popes comment riot, All those were caused by Cheney too?
Re: Cheney Warns Of Terrorist Attacks! by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 04, 2009
Lagosboy:

the sheer level of dishonesty that bubbles from these islamobots is frightening.
Terrorism has been thriving WAY WAY BEFORE Cheney.

1. Lockerbie bombings in 1988
2. Suicide bomb attack on US forces in Beirut 1982
3. Munich olympics massacre 1972
4. Al Qaeda had been planning 9-11 for a good 5 yrs before Cheney became VP
5. HAMAS, Hezbollah, muslim brotherhood, Islamic Jihad . . . all existed before Cheney . . .

So Cheney and Bush are at fault for terrorism? Pls have your head checked.
Re: Cheney Warns Of Terrorist Attacks! by Lagosboy: 9:09am On Feb 05, 2009
dayokanu:

@Lagosboy,
Moslems have been terrorists ever since.

What kind of useless comment is this.

Christians have never been terrorist perhaps the IRA in england werent christians.
Jews have never been terrorist perhaps Sipi Livni 's father that was involved in a terror attack in the 50's was not a jew.
Perhaps the Farc rebels in colombia are muslims
Perhaps ETA in spain are muslims.
Perhaps the inventor of Suicide Bombing Tamil Tigers are muslims.

The point is there are muslims terrorist no doubt but terrorism is not exclusive to muslims simple.
davidylan:

the sheer level of dishonesty that bubbles from these islamobots is frightening.
Terrorism has been thriving WAY WAY BEFORE Cheney.

1. Lockerbie bombings in 1988
2. Suicide bomb attack on US forces in Beirut 1982
3. Munich olympics massacre 1972
4. Al Qaeda had been planning 9-11 for a good 5 yrs before Cheney became VP
5. HAMAS, Hezbollah, muslim brotherhood, Islamic Jihad . . . all existed before Cheney . . .

So Cheney and Bush are at fault for terrorism? Pls have your head checked.

If english is your problem read my comments again. I said they made terrorism thrive , I did not say the invented terrorism.

there was never Al qaeda in Iraq before the invasion.
The UK never had an alqeda attack before the Iraqi invasion and in the video of the bombers the said the Iraq war was their sole reason.

There is a difference between thrive and start.

Please another point Hamas,Hezbollah and muslim brotherhood are not the same is Al qaeda.
If you do your research well you would know there is an ideological difference between the 2. The muslim brotherhood is in Egyptian parliament, Hezbollah is in Lebanese govt, Hamas was democratically elected.

The mistake some zealots make is to lump them together as one because the common denominator is islam whuch is myopic and simpleton. The new UK forign secretary has learnt and even said the term "war on terror" is wrong and UK govt dont even use it again.
Re: Cheney Warns Of Terrorist Attacks! by lucabrasi(m): 6:08pm On Feb 05, 2009
RichyBlacK:

D.ick Cheney is a fool! He wants an attack to happen so he'll open his dirty mouth to shout "I told you so, torture would have prevented this!". Bloody neocon!
i agree,in addittion he needs these military contracts to keep on manufacturing weapons seeing as the gravy train has stopped now
Re: Cheney Warns Of Terrorist Attacks! by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 05, 2009
Lagosboy:

If english is your problem read my comments again.

At the risk of sounding immodest . . . u and i both attended OTISS . . . u shld know English language is something i'd cream you with even if you read a dictionary everyday for 20yrs.

Lagosboy:

I said they made terrorism thrive , I did not say the invented terrorism.

It seems you simply read but failed to understand my own post. Nowhere did i insinuate that you mean cheney invented terrorism but to claim that they made it thrive is simply foolish and a blatant lie.

1. Al Qaeda was at its strongest during the clinton administration (there was no Cheney . . . infact since Bush alqaeda has been reduced to a weak group putting out audio threats).

2. Hezbollah in conjunction with Syria held Lebanon hostage until the Bush administration and were responsible for several high-profile assassinations there.

Lagosboy:

there was never Al qaeda in Iraq before the invasion.

There is no al qaeda in Iraq now so what is your point? They were forcefully routed out by the US army and Iraqi militias.

Lagosboy:

The UK never had an alqeda attack before the Iraqi invasion

There was no Iraqi invasion when 9-11 was carried out. there was no Iraqi invasion when the initial plot to hijack airliners from the UK flying to the US was hatched and then abandoned.

Lagosboy:

and in the video of the bombers the said the Iraq war was their sole reason.

You sons of murderers are forever inventing silly excuses to justify your perfidy. Why didnt Iraqis bomb the UK in protest? why were homegrown muslims on public dole the ones "protesting"?

Lagosboy:

There is a difference between thrive and start.

Go teach someone else bro.

Lagosboy:

Please another point Hamas,Hezbollah and muslim brotherhood are not the same is Al qaeda.

They are all the same bro . . . the only difference is the other three have been successful in hijacking instruments of state power to legitimise their terror activities. If the Taliban were still in power in Afghanistan, al qaeda would probably have its members in Afghani parliaments today.

HAMAS overthrew FATAH in Gaza to sieze power, Hezbollah pretty much forced Lebanon to offer it a majority government voice at gunpoint (you remember May 2008 when Hezbollah virtually siezed control of West Beirut, government media houses and the main airport?)

The muslim brotherhood is banned in Egypt for reasons they know but which you liar prefer to skirt around.

Lagosboy:

If you do your research well you would know there is an ideological difference between the 2. The muslim brotherhood is in Egyptian parliament, Hezbollah is in Lebanese govt, Hamas was democratically elected.

I mentioned it above but lets educate you slowpoke again.

1. Muslim brotherhood - Banned in Egypt - spawned HAMAS which is considered persona non grata in Egypt and is fingered in the attempted assassinations of several Egyptian leaders.

2. Hezbollah - pretty much held Beirut hostage in 2008 to force itself into government as the majority power. A militia with an army stronger than the national army? Lebanon is a complete joke.

3. HAMAS "democratically elected"? Yeah by throwing FATAH members from rooftops and subjecting Gaza citizens to systematic torture . . . of course no one reports these as news.

Lagosboy:

The mistake some zealots make is to lump them together as one because the common denominator is islam whuch is myopic and simpleton.

the deliberate mischief some of you perpetrate is to pretend they are all different so as to legitimise terror in the name of "resistance". They are all ideologically the same, some were just lucky to be able to overrun weaker states. Go watch a documentary on Al Qaeda's early presence in Afghanistan, it was the wariness with which they were recieved by an equally strong taliban that stopped afghanistan from sliding into Lebanon part II.

Lagosboy:

The new UK forign secretary has learnt and even said the term "war on terror" is wrong and UK govt dont even use it again.

I dont blame him . . . anything to curb the birthing of more home grown sons of perdition.

(1) (Reply)

Revealed: How Israel Offered To Sell Apartheid South Africa Nuclear Weapons / Free Syrian Army Will Not Join Us-led Coalition Against IS / I Never Said Mandela Was A Sell-out: Malema Explains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.