Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency (40384 Views)

I Helped Buhari Defeat Jonathan – Ex-nsa Dasuki / How I Helped Buhari Defeat Jonathan – Ex-nsa Dasuki / How Technology And Social Media Helped Buhari To Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by rigarmortis: 9:06pm On May 02, 2015
omolami:
That has remained the igbos waterloo. They dont speek in one voice. While some are here many will go there.I wonder the type of region God create them.

Contrary to your opinion, the north and the east spoke with one voice if this last election is anything to go by, the north spoke en masse for buhari while the east spoke en masse for jona.

Rather its the west where the votes were almost equally shared in places like ondo and ekiti that did not speak with one voice.

Reason logically my friend, dont allow hate to becloud your reasoning.

And why take the burden on your small shoulders to wonder for God why he did something, live it for God to wonder about

6 Likes

Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 02, 2015
splashbaby:
Ameachi is not an Igbo man.

No, he is fulani. The name Amaechi is an Igbo word meaning "no one knows tomorrow" for your information. He is from Ikwere the Igbo part of Rivers.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by HopeAtHand: 9:13pm On May 02, 2015
biafranking:
do yu want them to start crying and shouting?i mean the ikwerres?
Now they will come out and say we re claiming them again..
pls,dont allow hopeAthand to start writing an epistle of ikwerre not being igbo and he will succeed in derailing this wonderful thread..
So ikwerre is not igbo ok...

The op said how igbo prominent leaders helped buhari to achieved his political dream and l'm happy how she excluded rotimi ameachi among the list one...
the ikwerre can open their own thread on how the ikwerres as an ethnic group helped buhari tongue

We re waiting....

ofcourse, you are right.

Ikwerre and Igbo are two absolutely dissimilar people especially in Character.

The rate at which Igbos mention Ikwerre at every opportunity is not only mischievous but sinister.

Igbos and civil war hangover sha..pls its over 30yrs ago move on.
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by Amack(m): 9:13pm On May 02, 2015
splashbaby:
Is Amechi an igbo name?
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by kenny1313(m): 9:13pm On May 02, 2015
I love Okorocha. I love Mbaka courage to say the truth even when it ll hurt his people.
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by okekeanayo(f): 9:13pm On May 02, 2015
muut2:

Amaechi could sound Igbo name but the truth of the matter is that if you study your geography well bro you will see where Rivers State falls into (South South) NOT South East.
your father just got u china brousing phone aand u now landed into nairaland to post trash. Geo-political zones are not the same with tribes. There are benue aand kogi Igbos (north-central); south-east -igbos (territory for 70% of igbo nation in nigeria); Akwa-ibom, Rivers and delta igbos (south-south). Go back to school to enable u learn how to do research to avoid this kind of shameful posting. Thank u

9 Likes

Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by lipstick2(f): 9:14pm On May 02, 2015
splashbaby:
He's an Ikwere man... They don't call themselves Igbo though, even if they share name and have language similarities.

This is very true.To show their dislike for the ibos,they changed the name of all the area that are spelt in igbo langauage for example 'Umuibekwe' became 'Rumuibekwe' etc.
My grandpa and grand uncles were among those who developed Igwurita and Obigbo and lost all after the war.
Ikwerre pple r greedy, lazy and mean.Very aggressive and too proud.

1 Like

Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by splashbaby(m): 9:14pm On May 02, 2015
Ojiofor:
Does his father have a yoruba name or his uncles or even his children.
Chike Obi named one of his sons Mustafa and Zik named his son Chukwuma Bamidele does it make them less. IGBO?
I love Chike Obi and the man that wrote "An African Night Entertainment" their style are vivid and incisive with a narrative style that touch... The author of Adventure of Api was also impactful that changed my life for ever. They were all Igbos..... I hate to see Igbos messing up.
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by illiad: 9:15pm On May 02, 2015
splashbaby:
Na Yoruba Man!
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by zonax(m): 9:16pm On May 02, 2015
madamoringo:
Ibos shamefully trying to steal themselves in through the back door after Yorubas birthed the vision, mobilized and built bridges of alliance to the north, middle belt and parts of the SS but only ibos were myopic and declined progress for their usual tribalistic and insular reasons. Anyway, the APC will do what is in its plan for and with these non-typical Ibos but the local ones still on their villages and doting the landscapes of the SW angling for something they worked against on the basis of quota system will be disappointed. Give Iboland what it deserves constitutionally but that is it because they worked hardest against today, against APC, against Buhari, against Tinubu, even Amaechi and must never benefit for what they didn't work for! They like the chop sand syndrome and I hope they are made to choke on it!!

I feel so ashamed knowing you re this sectional
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by mandax: 9:16pm On May 02, 2015
madamoringo:
Ibos shamefully trying to steal themselves in through the back door after Yorubas birthed the vision, mobilized and built bridges of alliance to the north, middle belt and parts of the SS but only ibos were myopic and declined progress for their usual tribalistic and insular reasons. Anyway, the APC will do what is in its plan for and with these non-typical Ibos but the local ones still on their villages and doting the landscapes of the SW angling for something they worked against on the basis of quota system will be disappointed. Give Iboland what it deserves constitutionally but that is it because they worked hardest against today, against APC, against Buhari, against Tinubu, even Amaechi and must never benefit for what they didn't work for! They like the chop sand syndrome and I hope they are made to choke on it!!
You made APC alliance to cheat the Igbo and rest of south south.

You made alliance to continue quota system where an Igbo scores 90% in an entrance exam, but is denied admission for a northern who scored 10%.

The main objective of the pilots of your APC alliance was to take total control of oil and gas revenues that flow from the SS and SE; so after Buhari victory, Igbos, the largest single ethnic group in Nigeria need to rush in to neutralize the bad intentions of the pilots of APC. You can cry a river. You can't subjugate the largest single ethnic group in a country with whatever crude alliance you formed.
And mind you, if not that Jonathan was no longer keen on continuing to be president, your alliance wouldn't have worked.

3 Likes

Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by Emyben(m): 9:16pm On May 02, 2015
splashbaby:

But Amaechi said he was Igbo. Rivers State under his watch i the last 2 years sent delegates for the annual Igbo congress ish.

Amaechi is Igbo dear.

4 Likes

Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by lipstick2(f): 9:17pm On May 02, 2015
splashbaby:
He's an Ikwere man... They don't call themselves Igbo though, even if they share name and have language similarities.

This is very true,they want to create an identity but unfortunately,their language has more igbo words than the identity they want to have.
To show their dislike for the ibos,they changed the name of all the areas that were spelt in igbo langauage for example 'Umuibekwe' became 'Rumuibekwe' etc.
My grandpa and grand uncles were among those who developed Igwurita and Obigbo and lost all after the war.
Ikwerre pple r greedy, lazy and mean.Very aggressive and too proud.
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by silvernus0: 9:17pm On May 02, 2015
THIS ELECTION TO ME IS NOT AN ELECTION BUT WS VOTING FOR TRIBSMEN ,BUHARI ONLY GOT IT BC HE HAD D BACKING OF SW POLITCIANS WHO WNTD PDP OUT AT ALL COST, LOOK AT SHAGARI`S ELECTION WERE PARTS OF SE , SW ND N VOTED HIM COLECTIVELY DAT I CALL ELECTION , ANYAYS WEATHER D ELECTN WAS SENTIMENTAL ,CONIVAL OR FRM A TRUE WILL , I WISH GMB WELL ND GODS GUIDIANCE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by rigarmortis: 9:17pm On May 02, 2015
handsometokunbo:

Does Rotimi make him a Yoruba man?

These people have warned you guys to stop imposing your Igboness on them. Being your neighbour with similarities in culture does not make any Ikwerre man an Igbo.

Disrespectfully enough, Ikwerres changed everything that sounds like Igbo names in Portharcourt and environ to something else so as to ensure their identity is well protected but you continue in usual manner to disrespect them by forcing yourselves on these people.

I was watching a comedy show with Julius Agu on the stage, I have always believed he was an Igbo man until he started yabbing Igbos as his neighbour. I was surprised and shocked when he referred to Igbos as his neighbour in the video. He later said he is from Portharcourt in the video........

And basketmouth and klint de crunk who yabs igbos the most are not igbo?

Anyway watch other clips where he refered to himself as an igbo man.

Plus were you sleeping when amaechi was going round the country shouting that he is an igbo man while GEJ is not?

Not forcing anything on anyone but dont join issues with things that you know next to nothing about.

Whenever you here stuff like i am a south south man, its political statement, the auchi man know next to nothing about the ibibio, get the picture?

Its political creation to acheive a purpose
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by chopido(m): 9:18pm On May 02, 2015
jordy101:
omo nawa for dis Igbo men oooo dem b kpomo men
jordy101:
jordy101:
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by Firmjudge(m): 9:19pm On May 02, 2015
ahaz:
I guess d name amaechl is kanuri name

Ameachi is ikwerre.

A name does not matter, i know a guy who was given a yoruba name but he is originally from yobe state.

Now am saying this not bcus my friend lied to me because i am originally from arewa and i know him down to his root.
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by omonnakoda: 9:21pm On May 02, 2015
ahaz:
The Name Jonathan is Urhobo?
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:21pm On May 02, 2015
Vicotex:
All in All na ONECHANCE we enter.

GOBE: is when you enter onechance vehicle and start requesting for change.
Goodluck Jonathan was the Onechance bus we rushed to enter in 2009. Only God delivered us from the kidnappers' den in 2015 through Sai Baba.
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by babamajor: 9:24pm On May 02, 2015
To set d record straight, amechi is not an ibo man, he is frm d south south nd d name rotimi was gien to him by his father, bcus his father was a die hard fan of first senior advocate of nigeria(SAN) d late rotimi Williams. So he made a vow to rotimi Williams dat of God giv him a son he Wil name him after him, dat is y he bears d name.
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by rigarmortis: 9:28pm On May 02, 2015
muut2:

Amaechi could sound Igbo name but the truth of the matter is that if you study your geography well bro you will see where Rivers State falls into (South South) NOT South East.

Are you for real? south south means nothing man! Its a political creation, going by geography then ondo and lagos and parts of ogun should be south south before places like auchi.

This is kindergarten reasoning from you, in reality the akoko edo man and the efik man both in south south are starngers to one another, they have nothing in common apart from the political tag of south south.

Asaba people are not ibos too because the are in south south?

Achuzia, kaduna nzeogwu are not even from the present SE, the past president of ohaneze is from asaba, he must be an impostor cos he is from ''south south'', where were you when amaechi was busy campaigning in igbo language and telling everyone that he is the original igbo man while GEJ is a faking it with his adopted igbo name, you were sleeping?

Dont delve into matters you dont know jackshit about

5 Likes

Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:30pm On May 02, 2015
mandax:

You made APC alliance to cheat the Igbo and rest of south south.

You made alliance to continue quota system where an Igbo scores 90% in an entrance exam, but is denied admission for a northern who scored 10%.

The main objective of the pilots of your APC alliance was to take total control of oil and gas revenues that flow from the SS and SE; so after Buhari victory, Igbos, the largest single ethnic group in Nigeria need to rush in to neutralize the bad intentions of the pilots of APC. You can cry a river. You can't subjugate the largest single ethnic group in a country with whatever crude alliance you formed.
And mind you, if not that Jonathan was no longer keen on continuing to be president, your alliance wouldn't have worked.
Igbo the largest single ethnic group in Nigeria? Which century's census is that from? or has Biafra started writing its own textbooks? Please stop misleading our young ones.
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by PenSniper: 9:33pm On May 02, 2015
madamoringo:

You captured them well. Shameless satanic manauverying. Always shameless and always self-centred. Since the elections, am yet to see any thread or group demand laced with Yoruba or Hausa self-agrandisement but i can count upto a minimum of 7 by, for and on Igbo this, Igbo that. They are a race that refuses to get civilized but prefered to remain in the stone age. Minus Okorocha, all the politicians mentioned made no noticeable impact in the elections yet he shamelessly claimed they helped Buhari to the presidency. Bunch of boot-leakers !
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by illiad: 9:35pm On May 02, 2015
Donarozzi:

Chibuike Amaechi is a great Igbo man of Ikwerre extraction.
"Abu m onye Igbo (I am Igbo)," Amaechi said during his speech.
He is a good leader and he is proud of his Igbo identity.
Ikwerre people are a great Igbo tribe who are related to the Uratta, Ngwa, Etche, Arochukwu, and Ohaji.

Those Ikwerre are a miserable lot. They claim Igbo when it favors them. But when it comes to oil they began to say they're from Kanuri & Sokoto.

Personally, I don't care about their identity. I don't see them as Igbo even if Amaechi kept screaming 'Abum Onye IGBO till thy kingdom come'

Elechi Amadi who was their foremost scholar told a group of European & American scholars that his Ikwerre tribe's only true historic evidence & lineage was the one that traced them back to Igbo people. Yet some of them due to oil wells sold their birthright for a scoop of porridge.

1 Like

Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by PenSniper: 9:36pm On May 02, 2015
madamoringo:

You captured them well. Shameless satanic manauvering. Always shameless and always self-centred. Since the elections, am yet to see any thread or group demand laced with Yoruba or Hausa self-agrandisement but i can count upto a minimum of 7 by, for and on Igbo this, Igbo that. They are a race that refuses to get civilized but prefered to remain in the stone age. Minus Okorocha, all the politicians mentioned made no noticeable impact in the elections yet he shamelessly claimed they helped Buhari to the presidency. Bunch of boot-leakers !
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by handsometokunbo: 9:39pm On May 02, 2015
rigarmortis:

And basketmouth and klint de crunk who yabs igbos the most are not igbo?

Anyway watch other clips where he refered to himself as an igbo man.

Plus were you sleeping when amaechi was going round the country shouting that he is an igbo man while GEJ is not?

Not forcing anything on anyone but dont join issues with things that you know next to nothing about.

Whenever you here stuff like i am a south south man, its political statement, the auchi man know next to nothing about the ibibio, get the picture?

Its political creation to acheive a purpose

My friend, I believe Igbos should be smarter than this....

How could igbos allow people to use them whenever it suits them

A true and proud Igbo man should be able to claim that Igbo identity anytime anyday; not I m Igbo today in the presence of other ethnic groups but igbo among Igbos.

You guys should be able to see the handwriting on the wall

AMAECHI SAID HE WAS AN IGBO MAN DURING POLITICAL CAMPAIGN IN THE EAST/SS AND YOU TOOK THAT AS HONEST TRUTH.

C'mon my guy
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by preselect(m): 9:39pm On May 02, 2015
After they help Nebuchadnezzar to become president, they still wont like them, or even respect them.
they are only fit to play the second fiddle. . . . or less.
they will still want to kill you in the north
they still want to deport you from Lagos. . . if you survive the lagoon.

good luck
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by ALISMILE(m): 9:41pm On May 02, 2015
Well, 4 me d Ibos who helped APC d most, were 1. Patience Gudluck Jonatan 2. Stella Oduah ETC

1 Like

Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by RickyTan: 9:45pm On May 02, 2015
hope4nigeria:
amaechi is not igbo, he's ND Man, the topic says Igbo.

What exactly is your logic? So there are no Ibos in ND? Delta Ibo nko? Lots of people in present day Anambra came from present day Delta. Same with lots of people in Delta crossed the river from Anambra into Delta. The Obi of Asaba is similar to Obi of Onitsha. History, language and culture is the same.

SE geopolitical zone is political in nature and only 70 % of Ibo land, Nigeria. Wait till he runs for 9ja President in the future under APC and you will see how Ibos from Lagos to Kano and all around Naija will massively vote for their illustrious son Chibuike Amaechi.

God Bless Nigeria
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by PenSniper: 9:47pm On May 02, 2015
Duru1:

You are always shining disappointment. I am not surprised that intellectual midgets such as you will tend to foolishly arrogate any form of election victory to the unfounded Yoruba acumen. Any acumen discovered after 16years of electioneering campaign drought is no acumen. Yoruba have seen uncountable birth and death of political parties in Nigeria more than any section of the country. What this trend means is better left in the circle of intelligent people than junkies such as you.

Senseless and meaningless trash. Reasonable people keep quiet when they have no sense to make than exhibiting frustrating tendencies.
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by adozie(m): 9:48pm On May 02, 2015
ahaz:

Interesting indeed - very good response.

I wonder how people continue to be deceived ...the stupid politics that they played during the civil war. At the end Ikwerre people, wake up to the fact that the Hausa-Fulani and Yorubas see you as what you are. If you are not Igbos, then quit answering Igbo names!!!

Even Amaechi himself said that he is Igbo!
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by rigarmortis: 9:49pm On May 02, 2015
handsometokunbo:

My friend, I believe Igbos should be smarter than this....

How could igbos allow people to use them whenever it suits them

A true and proud Igbo man should be able to claim that Igbo identity anytime anyday; not I m Igbo today in the presence of other ethnic groups but igbo among Igbos.

You guys should be able to see the handwriting on the wall

AMAECHI SAID HE WAS AN IGBO MAN DURING POLITICAL CAMPAIGN IN THE EAST/SS AND YOU TOOK THAT AS HONEST TRUTH.

C'mon my guy

Buhari could as well have said he is igbo, and osibanjo while we are at it. Just to campaign.

If you name a place umuokoro which means okoros children in centarl igbo and later change it to rumuokoro which is ikwerre dialect for same meaning it means its ''unigbo''.

Its like the interchangeable ''sh'' and ''s'' sound in oyo dialect and central yoruba.

Look at the end of the day anybody can be whatever he is but you can hide for long, there was a time the egba were claiming they are not same with other yorubas.

amaechi says he is igbo, lets leave it at that........until he says otherwise.

And wassup with the you people statement?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Udom Emmanuel Declared Winner Of Akwa Ibom Governorship Election By INEC / Dino Melaye Loses Local Government To Smart Adeyemi / FFK: It Would Be Dangerous For Buhari To Arrest Or Kill Sunday Igboho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.