Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,591 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest (3064 Views)

An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity. / An Athiest Turned Christian. God Thank You For This Last Chance / 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by unphilaz(m): 4:51pm On May 02, 2015
i have observed some thread on nairaland and i have come across
"brilliant" post by atheist who have used sense to argue thier
points to which one will feel he has lost the argument.

but lately, i have come to realize that the reason they seem
successful in their argument is because of one thing, they
dont have a standard by which one is to judge them by.

for instance, Christians have the bible, Muslim have the koran and this
defines their identity, worldview and their standard which atheist have used either
mischievously or logically to present their facts.

now how can you present or argue with one who does not have a standard
but his/his mind which is a fluid commodity and with the help of words,
such a one can change his/her ideas to mean in the same breath from
what he/she has earlier stated.

This, to me is the potent reason one should have at the back of his/her
mind when debating with athiest. Muslim have tried in thier bid to defend
thier belief using the koran and the hadith, and on the same two, they are
attacked with the same ferocity as they try to defend same. And this
also goes with the christian belief on the bible as well.

But on the athiest, this is another entirely different turf all together.
They use logic, fallacy etc to try and debunk the faith of others but when
you think you grasp it, and give a rebuttal, with your hand, it flows out like oil through
your fingers.

so next time, if you must debate them have this at the back of your mind,
you are debating a mind that does not have a standard on which to hold,
its so fluid like oil
. Yeah there are good religious debaters who have matched
naira for naira to the athiest arsenal such as mranony etc.

Finally, this is in no way a defeatist post but a logical understanding
for how to address issues with an athiest no matter what.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by johnydon22(m): 6:25pm On May 02, 2015
Good i like this... and am gonna share it.. smiley Good one bro
Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by menesheh(m): 6:43pm On May 02, 2015
johnydon22:
Good i like this... and am gonna share it.. smiley Goold one bro

What's good about this piece.

Somebody wrote jargon and you are here irrationally saying good one.

FACTs will always be facts no matter how you configure it backed by mountains of evidence.

2 Likes

Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by johnydon22(m): 6:48pm On May 02, 2015
menesheh:

FACTs will always be facts no matter how you configure it backed by mountains of evidence.

Lol he is teaching people how to debate an atheist and i don't see anything wrong in that..

This actually is not a debate but just an opinion to his comrades on how to debate an atheist..smiley
Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by menesheh(m): 6:57pm On May 02, 2015
johnydon22:

Lol he is teaching people how to debate an atheist and i don't see anything wrong in that..

This actually is not a debate but just an opinion to his fellow comrade on how to debate an atheist..smiley

I didn't look at your moniker, my fellow free thinker.

I tot it is those irrational creationists.

wink

3 Likes

Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 02, 2015
unphilaz:

but lately, i have come to realize that the reason they seem
successful in their argument is because of one thing, they
dont have a standard by which one is to judge them by.

On one hand you posit atheists have no standard with which they can be judged, hence it seems they successfully argue.

Yeah there are good religious debaters who have matched
naira for naira to the athiest arsenal such as mranony etc.

So, how does mranony successfully argue with same atheists who have no standard with which they can be judged?

Do atheists successfully argue because there's no standard with which they can be judged or because most christians are incapable of engaging them intellectually?

The latter seems to be it.

4 Likes

Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by NumberOne2(m): 9:21pm On May 02, 2015
The only way is to know your scripture. SOme of them are failed Pastors or Imams so they probably know more than you and are ready to twist scripture in their favour. These are common on NL. Avoid such as they are bigots. They are NOT so smart but are usually blinded with anger.

Even Apostle Paul spoke about this type:

"For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame." - Hebrew 6:4-6

Some more mature Atheists repect other religions knowing that they dont know any better. I have met some real Atheist. They are nice people and even seek some kind of spiritual experience. They are a rare breed.

2 Likes

Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:59pm On May 02, 2015
NumberOne2:
The only way is to know your scripture. SOme of them are failed Pastors or Imams so they probably know more than you and are ready to twist scripture in their favour. These are common on NL. Avoid such as they are bigots. They are NOT so smart but are usually blinded with anger.

Even Apostle Paul spoke about this type:

"For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame." - Hebrew 6:4-6

Some more mature Atheists repect other religions knowing that they dont know any better. I have met some real Atheist. They are nice people and even seek some kind of spiritual experience. They are a rare breed.
Nairaland "Atheists"are sad attention seekers , they need Christians to feel important
Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:00pm On May 02, 2015
rationalmind:

On one hand you posit atheists have no standard with which they can be judged, hence it seems they successfully argue.

So, how does mranony successfully argue with same atheists who have no standard with which they can be judged?

Do atheists successfully argue because there's no standard with which they can be judged or because most christians are incapable of engaging them intellectually?

menesheh:

I didn't look at your moniker, my fellow free thinker.

I tot it is those irrational creationists.

wink

Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by Sunymoore(m): 11:12pm On May 02, 2015
Atheist finds it easily because they mostly use logic and science.. Meanwhile in religion, certain things requires faith!
Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 02, 2015
All atheist are just bunch of confused being grin grin

(1) they claim they're free thinker and dnt support some science fact, so whats the point of arguing with them when they cant base their point with facts undecided

(2) If you check it, most atheist where either christians or any other religion, due to what happened in their life or couldnt get the answer they needed , they just decided to take a turn around grin .
smh CONFUSED BEING

BTW if you're an atheist dnt bother quoting me, cos am nt gonna reply cool
Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by johnydon22(m): 12:32am On May 03, 2015
zleemshaddy:
All atheist are just bunch of confused being grin grin
Lol really, no wonder their is a thread to teach how to debate one wink

(1) they claim they're free thinker and dnt support some science fact, so whats the point of arguing with them when they cant base their point with facts undecided
Am sure no one really get the point

(2) If you check it, most atheist where either christians or any other religion, due to what happened in their life or couldnt get the answer they needed , they just decided to take a turn around grin .
smh CONFUSED BEING
No it was skepticism, bone out of curiosity... I think you need to apply skepticism not just believe what you were told from childhood. . . try it lets see what you find.. grin

BTW if you're an atheist dnt bother quoting me, cos am nt gonna reply cool

sounds like you are basically afraid to debate one huh wink

4 Likes

Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by unphilaz(m): 6:47am On May 03, 2015
johnydon22:
Good i like this... and am gonna share it.. smiley Good one bro

thanks
Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by unphilaz(m): 6:50am On May 03, 2015
menesheh:

This is an example.
He claims irrational, this is from his mind.
then he falls to physical evidence.
If you press on, he moves from the physical back to his mind stance which is fluid and can change at his whim and caprices.
Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by unphilaz(m): 6:58am On May 03, 2015
rationalmind:

their standard is their MIND which i stand to be corrected is fluid not stone-cold like the thiest.

rationalmind:

From my observation, he plays their mind games which they so love to dwell on and he gives quite some plausible arguments which i know u acknowledge as a bright religious mind.

As phone manufacturers have a standard on which phones are made, which is written and documented that one can use in any court of law. But of the athiest, no document that can serve as standard to hold him/her in any court of law but his/her mind which am afraid changes with the use of words.
Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by unphilaz(m): 7:13am On May 03, 2015
Sunymoore:
Atheist finds it easily because they mostly use logic and science.. Meanwhile in religion, certain things requires faith!

On science, athiest still have varied opinion and thus rely on how logical you can make your argument (MIND). Faith must be based on the written and theist indulge on this. Faith to the athiest is what he can see, he believes. On the science, which is physical, he sometimes falls for evolution theory and later changes when prodded along for clarity such as belief on something out of nothing (BIG BANG), will later drop it outrightly with the use of words that "NOT ALL ATHIEST" believe in big bang theory etc. So you see fluidity at work, so smooth as oil.

Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by menesheh(m): 8:08am On May 03, 2015
unphilaz:

This is an example.
He claims irrational, this is from his mind.
then he falls to physical evidence.
If you press on, he moves from the physical back to his mind stance which is fluid and can change at his whim and caprices.

I didn't even get you vividly and never wanted to respond to your thread but was pissed off by the response following your post.

Claiming irrational
Physical evidence
Mind stance which is fluid

and can change at his whim and caprices.

You are just reffering to yourself because that's the irrationality you always protrude because of lack of base.

Athiests don't need any logical escape route or advice from their fellow as you postulate here to your fellows.

2 Likes

Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by Sunymoore(m): 8:25am On May 03, 2015
unphilaz:

On science, athiest still have varied opinion and thus rely on how logical you can make your argument (MIND). Faith must be based on the written and theist indulge on this. Faith to the athiest is what he can see, he believes. On the science, which is physical, he sometimes falls for evolution theory and later changes when prodded along for clarity such as belief on something out of nothing (BIG BANG), will later drop it outrightly with the use of words that "NOT ALL ATHIEST" believe in big bang theory etc. So you see fluidity at work, so smooth as oil.
Yeah, on science, atheist have varied opinion because there's nothing like absolute, every concept is open to criticism and perception.. And atheism is NOT equals to science!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by Nobody: 8:52am On May 03, 2015
unphilaz:

their standard is their MIND which i stand to be corrected is fluid not stone-cold like the thiest.

Wrong. The standard is lack of belief in the existence of God. By mind being fluid, I guess you mean they aren't as dogmatic as theists, that's true.

From my observation, he plays their mind games which they so love to dwell on and he gives quite some plausible arguments which i know u acknowledge as a bright religious mind.

Let me agree with you the atheist standard is his mind, you still have to explain how one person manages to successfully play the mind games with them and several others fail. The answer isn't far fetched. Like I did say, christians with the exception of a few (mranony) aren't just capable of having an intellectual discourse. How you fail/refuse to see/admit this simple fact beats me. It's not because of the fluidity of the atheist mind neither is it because you think he has no standard.

As phone manufacturers have a standard on which phones are made, which is written and documented that one can use in any court of law. But of the atheist, no document that can serve as standard to hold him/her in any court of law but his/her mind which am afraid changes with the use of words.

So how are Atheists prosecuted in countries where atheism is illegal since atheists have no standard document under which they can be judged?

1 Like

Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by EvilBrain1(m): 10:36am On May 03, 2015
It is completely wrong to say atheists don't have a standard, of course we have a standard.

Our standard is reality, and its better than any stupíd magic book. Anything that does not agree with reality as demonstrated by observation and experiment (or when those are not obtainable, by logical deduction) is bullshít. Christianity and Islam are bullshít.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by Pr0ton: 1:20pm On May 03, 2015
Mehnn. This is interesting grin

1 Like

Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by wordcat(m): 1:28pm On May 03, 2015
Probably this guy that talks abt standard is yet to read Deuteronomy 22:28-29.

1 Like

Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by johnydon22(m): 2:32pm On May 03, 2015
One thing i have noticed in nairaland is "theist both hate and admire atheist guts" but they are kinda afraid to try it.. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by NumberOne2(m): 9:02pm On May 03, 2015
EvilBrain1:
It is completely wrong to say atheists don't have a standard, of course we have a standard.

Our standard is reality, and its better than any stupíd magic book. Anything that does not agree with reality as demonstrated by observation and experiment (or when those are not obtainable, by logical deduction) is bullshít. Christianity and Islam are bullshít.

Hmmm, Experimentation, Observation are some of the foundations of Science. You are a scientist. You are far from being an Atheist. There is NO reality in Atheism.

How are you sure the perceived realities have not been modified?
Example, the movie MATRIX. They were all living their lives until they took the RED pill and saw reality.

So how can you rely on your eyes to show reality?
Example, some folks are colour blind and see RED as GREEN. So is it really GREEN or RED?

To a true Atheist, nothing is certain, even perceived realities.
Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by johnydon22(m): 9:26pm On May 03, 2015
NumberOne2:

Hmmm, Experimentation, Observation are some of the foundations of Science. You are a scientist. You are far from being an Atheist. There is NO reality in Atheism.

Example, the movie MATRIX. They were all living their lives until they took the RED pill and saw reality.

Example, some folks are colour blind and see RED as GREEN. So is it really GREEN or RED?

please define atheism?
Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by unphilaz(m): 10:26pm On May 03, 2015
menesheh:

I didn't even get you vividly and never wanted to respond to your thread but was pissed off by the response following your post.

Claiming irrational
Physical evidence
Mind stance which is fluid

and can change at his whim and caprices.

You are just reffering to yourself because that's the irrationality you always protrude because of lack of base.

Athiests don't need any logical escape route or advice from their fellow as you postulate here to your fellows.

To the above, i was not referring to you but note the trend! its still MIND trying to play WITH another mind.
Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by unphilaz(m): 10:28pm On May 03, 2015
Sunymoore:

Yeah, on science, atheist have varied opinion because there's nothing like absolute, every concept is open to criticism and perception.. And atheism is NOT equals to science!

Beautiful. This is what i stated in the above post... its all in the mind of the user. And truly Athiesm is NOT equal to science. Nice confirmation!

1 Like

Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by unphilaz(m): 10:32pm On May 03, 2015
rationalmind:

Wrong. The standard is lack of belief in the existence of God. By mind being fluid, I guess you mean they aren't as dogmatic as theists, that's true.

Let me agree with you the atheist standard is his mind, you still have to explain how one person manages to successfully play the mind games with them and several others fail. The answer isn't far fetched. Like I did say, christians with the exception of a few (mranony) aren't just capable of having an intellectual discourse. How you fail/refuse to see/admit this simple fact beats me. It's not because of the fluidity of the atheist mind neither is it because you think he has no standard.

So how are Atheists prosecuted in countries where atheism is illegal since atheists have no standard document under which they can be judged?

Again i love the way you throw in words in the mix and allow your mind to rationalize but NEVER on a standard and this goes to show how "fluidic" is your mind.
Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by unphilaz(m): 10:38pm On May 03, 2015
EvilBrain1:

See what i said, they (mind) has no standard to stand on except what they feel at certain times. A post above lend credance, at a giving point in time, deny they have a standard on science, from another MIND, their standard is dependent on scientific evidence. See! so fluid. Please in no way am i been insultive but your MIND is really fluid at best.
Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by unphilaz(m): 10:42pm On May 03, 2015
johnydon22:
One thing i have noticed in nairaland is "theist both hate and admire atheist guts" but they are kinda afraid to try it.. grin

You mean a "gut" feeling (MIND) that is so fleeting as the situation changes? i wont brag a fluid mind set and claim its a standard for emulation. Rather i will be sober and considerate.
Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by unphilaz(m): 10:44pm On May 03, 2015
NumberOne2:

The bolded is another way of saying it. The mind of an athiest is fluid.
Re: How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest by johnydon22(m): 10:51pm On May 03, 2015
unphilaz:

You mean a "gut" feeling (MIND) that is so fleeting as the situation changes? i wont brag a fluid mind set and claim its a standard for emulation. Rather i will be sober and considerate.

Am not so sure you understand what atheism means, just add your own meaning and spin words around... stop trying too hard. . . this is not a debate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Sustain The Abiding Presence Of God In Your Life / Ozubulu Killing:See Photos & Video Of Bishop With His Lovely Wife & Kids / The Explanation For Existence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.