Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari (24971 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu Canvasses Support For APC In Abia State / Fayose Canvasses Juicy Ministerial Position For Fayemi / Nasarawa APGA Guber Candidate, Labaran Maku Canvasses Support For Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by domopps(m): 5:31pm On May 02, 2015
Vice-President Namadi Sambo on Saturday urged Nigerians to support and cooperate with the incoming administration for it to succeed.

Sambo made this call at the Muslim Students Society of Nigeria (MSSN) Stakeholders Conference, held at the Main Conference Auditorium, National Mosque Complex, Abuja.

“Government as you are aware is a continuum and with the coming of a new democratic dispensation, it has ushered in a new government, which will soon be inaugurated.

“I urge you to continue to give them maximum support and cooperation ,to enable them succeed,” he said.

He noted the contributions of the MSSN in positively shaping the moral upbringing of the Muslim youth.

According to him, the society has remained one of the veritable tools for grooming youths to becoming responsible future leaders, leading to the emergence of outstanding and eminent personalities.

He further noted with delight, that the MSSN had continued to promote national unity and harmony in the country.

The vice-president, therefore, assured of the Federal Government’s support for the society and all others with similar objectives.
Sambo stressed the need for the MSSN and the entire Muslim Ummah, to propagate the true message of Islam as encapsulated in the Qur’an, Hadith and Sunnah, saying “The Message of Islam is the Message of peace, hope, harmony, goodwill and brotherhood.’’

While congratulating the MSSN for successfully celebrating its 60th anniversary, having been founded in 1954, Sambo, however, expressed worry over the absence of a befitting national monument as its headquarters.

“As a student member in my secondary and university days, and now as stakeholder, I assure you of my continued support in and outside government, whenever the need arises,’’ he assured.

Speaking at the occasion, the Minister of Education, Malam Ibrahim Shekarau, congratulated the leadership of the MSSN for convening the conference, which he described as “very important and timely.’’

He then advised the current leadership of the MSSN, to create a register of all past leaders of the society, from the national to local level.

In his remarks, the National President of the MSSN, Mallam Sirajudeen Folayemi, stated that the Stakeholders’ conference was convened to enable past and present leaders of the organization, brainstorm on repositioning it to face modern challenges in Islamic propagation.

He congratulated the Federal Government for the successes recorded in the fight against insurgent and social vices.

Folayemi appealed to the government to bring to justice, the killers of Prof. Mustapha Falaki, a former national president of the organisation.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Stakeholders conference is part of activities marking the 60th anniversary of the organisation.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/05/sambo-canvasses-support-for-buhari/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 02, 2015
Disloyal mofo

FTC...

Okay I dedicate this to the special one GMB...

And to my next GF... grin grin

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by austinesteve(m): 5:36pm On May 02, 2015
dullad angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by tayebest(m): 5:47pm On May 02, 2015
Sambo I really umderstand you, it aiit your fault atall... Na mama piss colect VP from you! grin

51 Likes

Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 02, 2015
That's the best he can actually do

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by Pheals(f): 5:51pm On May 02, 2015
ureach:
Disloyal mofo
can't u read ni ah baboon

13 Likes

Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by AhmedMustapha(m): 6:21pm On May 02, 2015
Good move
Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by baralatie(m): 6:25pm On May 02, 2015
but APC is going in the reverse !

1 Like

Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by WendellSimilin: 6:30pm On May 02, 2015
Finally we would soon have a Vice President who is not a Ghost worker like Samboribobo

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by WendellSimilin: 6:31pm On May 02, 2015
[s]
baralatie:
but APC is going in the reverse !
[/s]
Na you dey drive??

51 Likes

Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by baralatie(m): 6:33pm On May 02, 2015
WendellSimilin:
[s][/s] Na you dey drive??
lol!! you no dey see the change moto dey enter one chance lane! na joke o! GMB na joke o!

4 Likes

Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 02, 2015
Does he think Buhari needs him to rally support from muslim students? undecided

Let him concentrate on handing over power as soon as possible.

9 Likes

Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 02, 2015
Confused and irrelevant fellow. Nobody needs his stupid support. It's not like it would make a difference self because nobody would listen to him. Let him start thinking of what to do with his life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by Dannyset(m): 6:46pm On May 02, 2015
This is the best any reasonable opposition should do at least for the next 4 years. Nigeria should come first.
That he is probably looking for soft landing is non of my business tho.

2 Likes

Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by anti9JA: 7:30pm On May 02, 2015
Buhari can't have us deceived like his predecessors. People should be able to see beyond his propositions. The question is often asked, can a leopard change its skin ? To find out click the following link to tune in on the first chapter of the series Road To De-amalgamation which begins here
Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by tiamiyukunle69(m): 7:30pm On May 02, 2015
He's got no other choice
Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by jamex93(m): 7:30pm On May 02, 2015
grin grin

even Sambo know say

na change b d way forward

up change

i sorry for those still hating

ema ku da nu ni

awon oloshi osi

up change!!!

3 Likes

Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by kennydee05(m): 7:31pm On May 02, 2015
Sambo!!!!
Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 02, 2015
What a nonentity.

He cannot even canvas support for himself, talk more of GMB.

He should go and sleep, and hide his face.

Tonto dike would have been a better vice president.

Figure head. undecided

Make e just be say we get vice president, na wetin he take reach aso rock.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by adenine02: 7:31pm On May 02, 2015
I am proud of my contry NIGERIA
God bless GMB
God bless PYO
God bless NIGERIA

3 Likes

Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by angrybird007: 7:31pm On May 02, 2015
Someone trying to be relevant for once undecided
Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by egift(m): 7:31pm On May 02, 2015
Even Sambo is looking for Protection too? grin grin grin grin grin grin

He want the sweet deal that was granted to Jonathan and his wife to be extended to him too. Hahahahaha

Buhari the one man riot squad. Thank God for answering our collective prayers.

8 Likes

Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by Firefire(m): 7:31pm On May 02, 2015
Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by baybeeboi: 7:31pm On May 02, 2015
dumb errand boy
Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by wachakuta(m): 7:32pm On May 02, 2015
Ware
Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by dammytosh: 7:32pm On May 02, 2015
lol.

i wish the e-Dogs will give up.

Even their pay masters have already given up

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by TOPMAN4LIFE: 7:33pm On May 02, 2015
D support u did not get during ur term but instead they made governance unbearable during ur period,
leave d revenge 4 God
When u don't pay evil 4 evil God revenges 4 u.
Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:34pm On May 02, 2015
Change is everywhere. Even when the same Sambo was campaigning in Lagos State he shouted "Eko o ni baje".

3 Likes

Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by luckman20(m): 7:34pm On May 02, 2015
Tanoids will still come here and yarn rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by Ymodulus: 7:34pm On May 02, 2015
Good one.

Good call. Accepting he his the president.

APC Sak!!!

2 Likes

Re: Sambo Canvasses Support For Buhari by MizMyColi(f): 7:34pm On May 02, 2015
I have neither trusted nor felt Arc. Sambo's impact in government.

grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Election: APC Poor Outing ''Self Inflicted,' - Uche Nwosu / Defections Will Not Affect Tinubu - Henry Ajomale / ISIS Sneaking Jihadists Into Nigeria From Syria - The Sun UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.