Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Love Thy “gay” Neighbor - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love Thy “gay” Neighbor (4067 Views)

This Female Nigerian Anglican Priest Will Officiate Wedding Of Gay Bisi Alimi / Love Thy Neighbour / Pastor Lesego Daniel Commands Gay Spirit To Enter Member (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by plaetton: 9:18pm On May 07, 2015
chalantmike:
i did say sexuality is complex.

Exactly my point.
Being complex means that there are too many dynamics intersecting and interwoven.

My question is: Isn't this where the unknown and mysterious ways of an all-wise god comes into context ?
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 07, 2015
plaetton:

Exactly my point.
Being complex means that there are too many dynamics intersecting and interwoven.

My question is: Isn't this where the unknown and mysterious ways of an all-wise god comes into context ?
am guessing your atheist, but yea your correct, this is where the all knowing and mighty god card is played, more as a get away excuse or lack of answers.
IF I CANT READ THE WRITING ON THE WALL, IT MUST NE GODS HAND WRITING #sortoff#.

1 Like

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 9:35pm On May 07, 2015
plaetton:

Gosh!
Are you guys terminally deaf?
This is why I refer to you guys as half-thinkers. It's like you brain can only process half of the issues presented to you, while conveniently ignoring the rest.

I have repeated many many times here that the issue is not whether it's a sin or not. Afterall, there are 66 or more sinful prohibitions in your bible.
My question, which I have repeated many times, and for which you have all failed to answer is :
Why is homosexuality more sinful, much more hated by Christians than other common sins that YOU commit every single day.

This is where we find the hypocrisy of religious faith.

Pls pls address this.
you don't need to add insult when adressing post.the question you ask is the same thing the op is indicating,let me remind you of what you say earlier;

" For example, if someone "finds out" that he is gay, then it's obvious that he did not CHOOSE to be gay automatically
implies that he was BORN gay."

So my question still remain,is homosexual a sin "(atheists view)
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 9:38pm On May 07, 2015
chalantmike:
did you see the word REMOTELY PERTINACIOUS, in the context there or you skipped it. Or did you miss the part where i said that same woman came back to worship at the feet of jesus.

Did you miss the part was indifferent to sin of adultery, this is the problem with the 21st century Christians, WE GIVE UNDESERVED ATTENTION TO IN RELEVANT ISSUES. love you gay neighbour, there is no such thing as love your gay neighbour, there is just LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOU LOVE YOURSELF #SIMPLE#

MY POINT BEING THAT IF AN HOMOSEXUAL WAS AN NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR TO CHRIST, IT WOULDN'T HAVE MADE ANY DIFFERENCE TO HIM. as you see with the case of the adulterous woman, no special coronation was given nor attribute." go and sin no more" was a generalized line, not specifically tailored for the adulterous woman, it could be applied to anyone as sin is the factor he addressed not adultery.
"he who had no sin should cast the first stone".

With regards to an homosexual what other are you asking for?, than the love of respect and indifference, as Christ showed in the above.
You want stick around and offer them sexual related advice, or condom, you want to advise on how to control their urges or play cool with lifestyle your clueless about. All that would just warranty to patting them on back and encouraging them. In other words the only sin you've not committed is getting in bed with them.

Remember homosexuality is a state, it is not the character that is a sin, but the person him/her self, thats why the old testament called for the death penalty, bible refers to those type of sins as a sin that defiles the BODY, not character. Sin like lying and stealing are character sins not defilement sin, character sins can be easily corrected, abstinence over time is enough to correct such sin.

Point being if you are going to love the person the way YOU ARE IMPLING, YOU JUST HAVE TO LOVE THE SIN TOO.
did God hate sinner?
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 9:39pm On May 07, 2015
chalantmike:
did you see the word REMOTELY PERTINACIOUS, in the context there or you skipped it. Or did you miss the part where i said that same woman came back to worship at the feet of jesus.

Did you miss the part was indifferent to sin of adultery, this is the problem with the 21st century Christians, WE GIVE UNDESERVED ATTENTION TO IN RELEVANT ISSUES. love you gay neighbour, there is no such thing as love your gay neighbour, there is just LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOU LOVE YOURSELF #SIMPLE#

MY POINT BEING THAT IF AN HOMOSEXUAL WAS AN NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR TO CHRIST, IT WOULDN'T HAVE MADE ANY DIFFERENCE TO HIM. as you see with the case of the adulterous woman, no special coronation was given nor attribute." go and sin no more" was a generalized line, not specifically tailored for the adulterous woman, it could be applied to anyone as sin is the factor he addressed not adultery.
"he who had no sin should cast the first stone".

With regards to an homosexual what other are you asking for?, than the love of respect and indifference, as Christ showed in the above.
You want stick around and offer them sexual related advice, or condom, you want to advise on how to control their urges or play cool with lifestyle your clueless about. All that would just warranty to patting them on back and encouraging them. In other words the only sin you've not committed is getting in bed with them.

Remember homosexuality is a state, it is not the character that is a sin, but the person him/her self, thats why the old testament called for the death penalty, bible refers to those type of sins as a sin that defiles the BODY, not character. Sin like lying and stealing are character sins not defilement sin, character sins can be easily corrected, abstinence over time is enough to correct such sin.

Point being if you are going to love the person the way YOU ARE IMPLING, YOU JUST HAVE TO LOVE THE SIN TOO.
did God hate sinner?or if God love sinner, does it mean he love sin?
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 07, 2015
malvisguy212:
did God hate sinner?
from where am standing, i think only God has the right to answer that question, as human i can not proceed to know.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 07, 2015
malvisguy212:
did God hate sinner?or if God love sinner, does it mean he love sin?
personally i think God is more in love with the idea of been in love, than actually loving an individual.

And remember i said the kind of love you were trying to imply.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 9:50pm On May 07, 2015
chalantmike:
from where am standing, i think only God has the right to answer that question, as human i can not proceed to know.
Jesus say, as your heavenly father love you, you have to love ONE AND OTHER. Loving your gay neighbours does not mean you love sin here what Paul say;
1 Corinthians 9:20
To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win
the Jews. To those under the law I
became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to
win those under the law.

To win the a sinner does not mean to act like them but to show them that God love them and the door is wide open for them.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by plaetton: 9:51pm On May 07, 2015
malvisguy212:
you don't need to add insult when adressing post.the question you ask is the same thing the op is indicating,let me remind you of what you say earlier;

" For example, if someone "finds out" that he is gay, then it's obvious that he did not CHOOSE to be gay automatically
implies that he was BORN gay."

So my question still remain,is homosexual a sin "(atheists view)

As an atheist, I don't see sin.

I try to discern right and wrong, ethical and unethical, legal and illegal, harmony and disharmony, safety and danger, etc etc.
I personally view homosexual acts as disgusting, BUT, take note, homosexual acts performed in the privacy of one's bedroom cannot ever be wrong, unethical, illegal or pose a danger to me.
Therefore, I don't ever have to think about about homosexuality until neurotic Christian hypocrites bring it up for discussion.

In my country, for example, hordes of rapacious evangelical fraudsters under the umbrella of PFN seem more dangerously sinful and destructive to my society than my gay neighbor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 10:03pm On May 07, 2015
plaetton:

As an atheist, I don't see sin.

I try to discern right and wrong, ethical and unethical, legal and illegal, safety and danger, etc etc.
I personally view homosexual acts as disgusting, BUT, take note, homosexual acts performed in the privacy of one's bedroom cannot ever be wrong, unethical, illegal or pose a danger to me.
Therefore, I don't ever have to think about about homosexuality until neurotic Christian hypocrites bring it up for discussion.

In my country, for example, hordes of rapacious evangelical fraudsters under the umbrella of PFN seem more dangerously sinful and destructive to my sociery than my gay neighbor.
you don't see sin?could it be you don't want to play by anybody rule that why you don't see sin?.
Sin is described in the Bible as
transgression of the law of God (1 John
3 :4) and rebellion against God.

But in human points of view about sin;
an immoral act considered to be a
transgression against divine law.
So, sin,wrong they are still indicating the same thing to me. I believe you are emulating Christopher hitching who fail to condemned beastility.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by plaetton: 10:08pm On May 07, 2015
malvisguy212:
you don't see sin?could it be you don't want to play by anybody rule that why you don't see sin?.
Sin is described in the Bible as
transgression of the law of God (1 John
3 :4) and rebellion against God.

But in human points of view about sin;
an immoral act considered to be a
transgression against divine law.
So, sin,wrong they are still indicating the same thing to me. I believe you are emulating Christopher hitching who fail to condemned beastility.

First, I do play by rules. Did you miss the part where I.mentioned ethical, legal and safety rules ?
Secondly, do I really need to remind you that I don't give a fxxx about the Bible?. The Bible , to me, a handbook of immorality that no ethical person should take seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 10:16pm On May 07, 2015
plaetton:

First, I do play by rules. Did you miss the part where I.mentioned ethical, legal and safety rules ?
Secondly, do I really need to remind you that I don't give a fxxx about the Bible?. The Bible , to me, a handbook of immorality that no ethical person should take seriously.
ok Mr atheist. Thank you for your contribution.

1 Like

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 12:35am On May 12, 2015
malvisguy212:
Jesus say, as your heavenly father love you, you have to love ONE AND OTHER. Loving your gay neighbours does not mean you love sin here what Paul say;
1 Corinthians 9:20
To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win
the Jews. To those under the law I
became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to
win those under the law.

To win the a sinner does not mean to act like them but to show them that God love them and the door is wide open for them.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 7:21am On Jun 14, 2015
[quote author=malvisguy212 post=33648667][/quote]peace.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 11:15pm On Jun 27, 2015
malvisguy212:
Luke 10:29-37 (emphasis added by
me)

…so he asked Jesus, “And who is my
neighbor?” 30 In reply Jesus said: “A GAY man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away,
leaving him half dead. 31 A CHRISTIAN priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a (BORN AGAIN BELIEVER) Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But an ATHEIST, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the GAY man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after
him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’ 36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”
37 The expert in the law replied, “The
one who had mercy on him.” Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

I think we have missed our opportunity
to love our neighbors. And I believe that
atheists namely have taken the place
where Christians should have been in
the first place.
May be some of us doesent hate gay.Sure. But do you love them as much as you love yourself? You say I do not hate them but you do not help them either. The same way you may help a fellow in your church who has a habit of lying.

Being Gay is sinful,YES.Well, newsflash! so is lying, cheating, cursing, arrogance, drinking, wrathful, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness, envy, murder, deceit,
malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things,
disobedient to parents, being without natural affection,implacable, unmerciful.

I think some Christians have become too much holy to realize their error. When the gay community was bashed or persecuted they stood on the side rails and watched in silence. They could have helped but they didn’t because being Gay was unacceptable to them. They fulfill the part of the priest in the above parable.

And some of the Christians who really
felt like they should have helped but
didn’t are equally wrong because they
mistook grace as legalism in the dogmatic form. They are the Levis’ – the chosen people of God, the born again believers, who looked on the poor gay but then turned their heads and walked on.

And finally the atheist stood up and got
the gay person some help. Well, I
certainly applaud them on this.

Bottom line. Gays are there, if we do not help them, someone will but we would be directly opposing the spirit of love and grace if we didn’t. Regardless of whether you believe homosexuality is a sin or not, remember this, if it is a sin, it is no greater than any other sin, it is certainly not the UNPARDONABLE sin.

Matthew 26:36-40
36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment…?” 37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your (GAY) neighbor as yourself.’
40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
Happy Sunday.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 11:17am On Nov 29, 2015
malvisguy212:
the point is to love the IDENTITY and hate the CHARACTER.thank you for your contribution.

Cc.lalasticala

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jesus Is Our Comforter / Probablistic Possibility Within The Subsets Of The Entropy for Peace of Mind. / Happy Pyramid Fete To All Members Of The Rosicrucian Order, AMORC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.