Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,029 members, 7,814,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Fix Weather Gadget / Currency Gadget Could Not Connect To Service On Win 7 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Fix Weather Gadget / Currency Gadget Could Not Connect To Service On Win 7 (4172 Views)

Who Knows How I Can Pay For A Service On Facebook Without A Credit Card / Thread For PC Hobbyists, Gadget Lovers, Tech Enthusiasts / I Need Someone To Help Me Dual Boot Win 7, Server & Linux On A Pc For A Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fix Weather Gadget / Currency Gadget Could Not Connect To Service On Win 7 by nasir1202(m): 6:16am On May 03, 2015
First Method.

Step 1. Go to "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live\Services\Cache", open "Config.xml" (Right Mouse Click -> Edit) and save it (File -> Save) without doing any changes. After 10-20 seconds restart the gadget!

Second Method

A) Copy the following files and folder from a Windows 7 machine with a working stock weather gadget to a flash drive or network file share:

1. %localappdata%\affected user\local\microsoft\windows\windows live\services\cache\config.xml (just copy the file)

2. %localappdata%\affected user\local\microsoft\windows\windows sidebar\cache\168522d5-1082-4df2-b2f6-9185c31f9472 (copy entire folder which should contain one or more xml files)

3. %localappdata%\affected user\local\microsoft\windows\windows sidebar\settings.ini (just copy the file)

B) Paste (OVERWRITE if ask) the copied folder and files into the same locations on the machine whose stock weather gadget is not working.

C) Drag the weather gadget back out and this time it should be working.

To Fix currency gadget not working issue

Here are the steps that will definitely fix the currency gadget issue

1. As a test, temporarily disable all security software and check if the gadgets are updating:
Turn Windows Firewall on or off

Disable antivirus software

If that does not fix the problem

2. Close all the gadgets from the desktop and open task manager and end the process sidebar.exe..

3. Now Press WinKey+R to open Run dialog box, type the following and press ENTER:

%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows Live\Services\

4. Rename the "Cache" folder cache.old.

5. Now again open Run by Pressing WinKey+R, type the following and press ENTER:

%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar
Rename the file “settings.ini” to “settings.old”, and restart the computer.

6. Now again open Run by Pressing WinKey+R, type the following and press ENTER:

%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Cache

Delete the folder named 53eab605-3b97-4da0-8e92-ea49d47af529

Now restart the computer and drag the currency gadget to the desktop.It should work.Let me know if something new comes up or it gives any error message.

To read out this article in details for the reason and causes and all the possible troubleshooting follow this post http://bookingtohosting..com/2015/03/how-to-fix-weather-gadget-could-not.html

(1) (Reply)

I Just Ordered A 40" Itec FHD LED Tv On Konga / Used Sony Vaio Laptop 4 Sale! In Very Gud Working Condition. / Grade 1 USA Used Core i5 Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop for 55k-❌❌❌Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.