Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP (16361 Views)

Amaechi’s Letter To Saraki Lacks Merit, Says PDP / Bode George Carrying Jimi Agbaje At His Back In A Hilarious Advert (Photo) / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Have Abandoned Buhari, Says PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 03, 2015
Adewale Oladipo, national secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has accused Bode George, former deputy chairman of the party, of “playing divisive politics by attempting to pit party members against one another” in the PDP.

Oladipo was reacting to a communiqué reportedly issued by PDP leaders in the southwest calling on him to resign. He said he would not resign, positing that a few individuals were bent on sowing a seed of discord in the southwest zone of the PDP.

“My attention has been drawn to a communiqué purportedly issued by some PDP leaders in the southwest calling on me, the national secretary, Adewale Oladipo and the national auditor, Adewole Adeyanju, to resign from the National Working Committee,” a statement signed by Oladipo read.

“According to the communiqué, the resignation was to pave way for the dissolution of the National Working Committee as the fallout of the 2015 general election.

“However, a very careful examination of the inherent breaches in the procedures adopted in the convening of the meeting as well as the content and tone of its resolution shows an orchestration by a few individuals bent on sowing a seed of discord within the PDP fold in the zone.

“This is evident in the fact that the said communiqué in no way reflected the views of majority of those who attended the meeting, neither did it tally with the opinion of the generality of our party members in the region.

“It is indeed undermining and a clear breach of protocol the fact that a meeting of some leaders of the zone would be convened to discuss issues of the party’s Presidential campaigns and the highest-ranking national officers of the party from the zone were excluded. This is in continuation of the apparent marginalization of the National Working Committee and the party structure at all levels in the handling of the presidential campaigns.

“Moreso, even some of those who attended the meeting were not privy to the agenda and the eventual content of the communiqué issued at the end. In view of the above therefore, it will be absolutely unpatriotic and against the wishes and aspirations of majority of our party members from the southwest through whose mandate we occupy the offices of the National Secretary and the National Auditor respectively, if we concede to the demands in the communiqué, especially given the fact that as elected members of the National Working Committee, our positions have a tenure which lasts until March 2016.

“Moreover, members of the PDP in Osun state, my primary constituency, have already passed a vote of confidence on me in my capacity as the National Secretary.

“Furthermore, while some of those asking us to resign performed very poorly even in their polling units, it is on record that the National Auditor and my humble self performed creditably and delivered our areas in the general election.

“It is therefore disheartening that rather than joining other well-meaning members of our great party in supporting the National Working Committee in the ongoing re-engineering process to rebuild the PDP, some elders from our zone, particularly, a former deputy national chairman, Olabode George, who should know, have instead resorted to divisive politics by attempting to instigate our members against one another.

“What our party needs now in the southwest and indeed across the country is for all hands to be on the deck as we work harmoniously in our determination to reposition the PDP to regain power in 2019.

“Our party members are by this therefore charged to watch out for individuals whose agenda is to sow seeds of discord and pave way for crisis within our fold for their selfish interests.

“The National Working Committee is now more than ever before determined to rebuild the PDP and restore its glory as the preeminent political party in Nigeria. This resolve is irrevocable and we shall not allow ourselves to be distracted in anyway by any person under any guise whatsoever.”

www.thecable.ng/bode-george-sowing-seeds-discord-says-pdp
Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 03, 2015
Temitemi1 ma role model
Barcanista ma icon
Tit ma legend

4 Likes

Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by temitemi1(m): 6:16pm On May 03, 2015
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

9 Likes

Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by boman2014: 6:17pm On May 03, 2015
The two^^^ posters above have brain issues. Pls ignore them.

105 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by Islie: 6:20pm On May 03, 2015
What do you expect from an ex-convict

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 03, 2015
accusations and counter-accusations will not help PDP in dis condition.
Opposition is alien to dem. But if they wish to wrestle power frm APC in d near future, the time to reorganise is now!

Muazu dis, Bode George dat, Akpabio d oda one....will not help!

#EDITOR-in-CHIEF

12 Likes

Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by faray: 6:23pm On May 03, 2015
wind of change don dey scatter pdp...

18 Likes

Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by georjay(m): 6:32pm On May 03, 2015
PDP MY FOOTSTOOL....GEJ MY CARPET....saTANoids MY RAG

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by k4kings(m): 6:39pm On May 03, 2015
PDP restrategize nd move forward... Dats d best tin to do so as to move our Democracy forward. Stop d internal beef nd hate..Ka chineke Mesi okwu...

2 Likes

Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by doctokwus: 6:45pm On May 03, 2015
I don't see PDP surviving to witness the 2019 elections.
Just a single defeat at the national elections and so many wide cracks, open disagreements and accusations are coming to the open.
Now that the free,huge money from the centre to run the party would dry up,I can't see see anyone there now ready to put his/her money to run the party.
It will thus be left to genuine party men to form a new,true political party and work from ground up.
With PDP likely also to lose some seats they won through rigging,at the tribunal, d road looks very bleak for PDP as a party.
I advice the few credible members there try talking to KOWA,PDM,APGA or Accord to accept them and start building any or all of these parties combined into a credible opposition.

22 Likes

Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by henchamb(m): 7:04pm On May 03, 2015
Nxt opposition party... KOWA

8 Likes

Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by Adeyemmy44: 7:58pm On May 03, 2015
Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by Ufranklin92(m): 7:59pm On May 03, 2015
Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by omenka(m): 7:59pm On May 03, 2015
Wonder what the hell is keeping that man from going on exile like he promised he would should Buhari win.

15 Likes

Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 03, 2015
Na today?
Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by free2ryhme: 7:59pm On May 03, 2015
the evil of these men always remains and follows them everywhere like MThen

1 Like

Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by Abayhormy(m): 8:00pm On May 03, 2015
Listening to Africa we are one by Chidima .

Politicians should mellow down abeg.
Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by stonemind(f): 8:02pm On May 03, 2015
Lols
Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by lonelydora: 8:02pm On May 03, 2015
AMAECHI my ROLE MODEL! PRISCAOGE my LOVE!

7 Likes

Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by Ilekeh(f): 8:03pm On May 03, 2015
hmm so what?

The simple fact that PDP is primarily a regional party (SS/SE) already suggests that it's going to be a weak and internally unstable party.

13 Likes

Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by tinuolababy(f): 8:03pm On May 03, 2015
Oga o
Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 03, 2015
For a ruling party to survive the opposition, they always need to implant a mole among them.

Pdp felt they were the "unsinkable" titanic ship but believe me, APC have too many crooks to know better.

So oga secretary, I hear you undecided

2 Likes

Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by Adexbeewhy: 8:05pm On May 03, 2015
And they said they are coming back by 2019 with all dis problems in dia aos.

7 Likes

Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 03, 2015
GEJ MY HERO KIM KARDASHIAN MY ROLE MODEL tongue
Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by patrickmuf(m): 8:10pm On May 03, 2015
Bode George the ex-convict...He needs to be sent back to jail...

3 Likes

Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by theV0ice: 8:12pm On May 03, 2015
I really doubt that PDP will survive till 2019

8 Likes

Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by hamilton62(m): 8:13pm On May 03, 2015
The seed of discord especially among ethnicity is what most parents have imbeded into their children but sincerely, that won't help... A particular persons cry foul and others accuse them but the truth is that they all have it in them and blame the one crying foul to be the cause...
Nairaland has exposed me to Nigeria society more than my parents and people thought me but we have to move on...
I just deduce it from the topic and generalize it for all to know and understand how much harm we are causing ourselves.
The best way to overcome and leave free is to love those who hate and even more when they show their hatred... Though it's not easy but we must thrive to try!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by Tufunky: 8:13pm On May 03, 2015
Lesson for PDP. When you get a rabid dog like bode george to bite outsiders please be reminded that rabid dogs have no master. Neither Insiders nor outsiders are safe.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by yahrant140(m): 8:18pm On May 03, 2015
Shoro niyen!!
Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by jaytee01(m): 8:21pm On May 03, 2015
I don't know what that ex-convict is waiting for when he should have gone on exile to Syria. Fomenting trouble all over the place after embezzling campaign funds.

Is he waiting for the peoples' General to be inaugurated before fleeing?
Abeg, Make una tell am, the borders won't be open forever ooo

5 Likes

Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by mytime24(f): 8:29pm On May 03, 2015
Abeg Who get fuel embarassed
Re: Bode George Sowing Seeds Of Discord, Says PDP by mikeczay: 8:36pm On May 03, 2015
NAIJA GET PROBLEM O. MYTIME WHATS UP?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recruitment Of 10,000 Police Officers: Application Hits 705,352 Job Seekers / PDP Edo 2016 Governorship Primary Election / Osinbajo Declares Every Thursday #TaxThursday For Tax Awareness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.