Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,402 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:55 AM

Naija Singers That Can't Sing - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Naija Singers That Can't Sing (1027 Views)

Top 5 Naija Artistes Who Can't Sing Live / Musicians Who Can't Sing. / Singers That Really Can't Sing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija Singers That Can't Sing by micdad: 11:03pm On Feb 04, 2009
Can you come up with list of naija singers that u think are overated? I mean when it comes to serious singing they can't stand the heat, Give me your opinion about artist you consider as a recording artist not performing artist (vice visa) and artist(s) that has perfected both craft, I think it's about time we distinquish between real talent and kwe kwe talent.

Recordin artist--------------------Performin artist ---------- Overated
styl plus yes no yes
dbanj yes yes yes
timaya no no yes
Wande cole yes no no
Tuface yes yes no
9ice yes no no
Asa yes yes no
Banky W yes no no
Sound sultan no yes no
Psquare yes yes yes

These are my opinions, Feel free to give yours,
Re: Naija Singers That Can't Sing by tosinaded(m): 11:06pm On Feb 04, 2009
i really dnt understand ur analysis?
wut do the yes and no's stand for undecided
Re: Naija Singers That Can't Sing by nana(f): 11:11pm On Feb 04, 2009
micdad:

Can you come up with list of naija singers that u think are overated? I mean when it comes to serious singing they can't stand the heat, Give me your opinion about artist you consider as a recording artist not performing artist (vice visa) and artist(s) that has perfected both craft, I think it's about time we distinquish between real talent and kwe kwe talent.

Recordin artist--------------------Performin artist ---------- Overated
styl plus yes no yes
dbanj yes yes yes
timaya no no yes
Wande cole yes no no
Tuface yes yes no
9ice yes no no
Asa yes yes no
Banky W yes no no
Sound sultan no yes no
Psquare yes yes yes

These are my opinions, Feel free to give yours,
What is this?
Re: Naija Singers That Can't Sing by micdad: 11:21pm On Feb 04, 2009
The artist are on the side and the yes or no stands for my opinion as in if they are consider as a recordin, performin artist and overated,
Re: Naija Singers That Can't Sing by SisiJinx: 11:24pm On Feb 04, 2009
I think. . . maybe. . . he is kinda. . . he. . . a'ight I don't know what he is trying to do cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

@ Topic
If D'banj can sing and can perform, how is he overrated?

Obviously he is delivering the goods.
Re: Naija Singers That Can't Sing by micdad: 11:30pm On Feb 04, 2009
He is a recordin and a performin artist but that does not mean he is good singer, He studied the naija music and he knows what the people want to hear, He's a creative individual not talented as a singer, He can hold the note just to get by, My opinion
Re: Naija Singers That Can't Sing by kushion: 11:41pm On Feb 04, 2009
I agree with most of it but styl plus? I don't think they are overated.Can they sing?yeah!
Re: Naija Singers That Can't Sing by tosinaded(m): 11:50pm On Feb 04, 2009
9ice aint a performing artiste
wuts a performing artiste??

soundsultan aint a recording artiste
wuts a recording artiste??

psquare overated they worked my guy and deserve evry hype
Re: Naija Singers That Can't Sing by badman(m): 12:36am On Feb 05, 2009
shocked sound sultan aint a recordin artist yet he is a performing artist

am i missing smthing bout this ur performing artist cos even 9ice prformance ( even live) is great
Re: Naija Singers That Can't Sing by micdad: 1:25am On Feb 05, 2009
Like I said its my opinion,
Sum of them have good albums but they dont have the swag on the stAge to perform the hits, 9ice has hit songs he's not a performer like that, he's workin on it though (its an acquired skill for him not inate or abinibi).

Sultan was a mistake hes got great intellectual songs and hes a performer as well.
A performing artist is an artist that has swag on the stage with any song hits or not
A recording artist is an artist that has great songs, their songs says it all

(1) (Reply)

Terry Da Rapman Beats Illbliss! / Are You A Singer Or An Artist? / @sarkodie Dispels #illuminati Rumours With New Single - Illuminati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.