Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Can A Christian Be A BOXER? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Christian Be A BOXER? (1119 Views)

Should A Man Who Is A Born-Again Christian Be A Gynaecologist? / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? / Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Christian Be A BOXER? by osile2012: 11:26pm On May 03, 2015
[size=15pt]Is it right for a born again christian to be a boxer ? As in boxing as a profession ?[/size]
Re: Can A Christian Be A BOXER? by woky: 11:29pm On May 03, 2015
Is it right for a born again christian to watch boxing??

1 Like

Re: Can A Christian Be A BOXER? by redcliff: 11:31pm On May 03, 2015
Ajuju uwa (questions of life!)
Re: Can A Christian Be A BOXER? by Nobody: 11:31pm On May 03, 2015
Honestly...the questions some christians ask make me feel ashamed.
Re: Can A Christian Be A BOXER? by osile2012: 11:38pm On May 03, 2015
ahsekeena:
Honestly...the questions some christians ask make me feel ashamed.

[size=15pt]You know we have been flowing with the world so well that we forget that friendship with the world is enmity with GOD.

The bible says, the body is the temple of the lord and whoever destroys the temple i will destroy. By boxing, you are intentionally destroying the temple for money.
[/size]
Re: Can A Christian Be A BOXER? by Nobody: 11:45pm On May 03, 2015
osile2012:

[size=15pt]You know we have been flowing with the world so well that we forget that friendship with the world is enmity with GOD.

The bible says, the body is the temple of the lord and whoever destroys the temple i will destroy. By boxing, you are intentionally destroying the temple for money.
[/size]

Ok...so u know the answer to ur question but u still ask?
Re: Can A Christian Be A BOXER? by jemype(m): 11:45pm On May 03, 2015
no only a cele can be a boxer embarassed
Re: Can A Christian Be A BOXER? by osile2012: 11:48pm On May 03, 2015
ahsekeena:

Ok...so u know the answer to ur question but u still ask?
[size=15pt]Thats my opinion, others might differ.[/size]
Re: Can A Christian Be A BOXER? by woky: 11:51pm On May 03, 2015
jemype:
no only a cele can be a boxer embarassed
Make CELE people no catch u oo.
Re: Can A Christian Be A BOXER? by woky: 11:53pm On May 03, 2015
osile2012:

[size=15pt]Thats my opinion, others might differ.[/size]
Pls kindly ansa the first poster

tnkx.
Re: Can A Christian Be A BOXER? by osile2012: 12:01am On May 04, 2015
woky:
Pls kindly ansa the first poster

tnkx.

[size=15pt]It is optional. You can choose to watch or not.[/size]
Re: Can A Christian Be A BOXER? by sorextee(m): 12:04am On May 04, 2015
Are u also trying to say a Christian shld not indulge in sports?? A Christian footballer gets injured on d pitch, and since his body is d temple of Christ, u mean the Lord will destroy him?? undecided
Re: Can A Christian Be A BOXER? by osile2012: 12:07am On May 04, 2015
sorextee:
Are u also trying to say a Christian shld not indulge in sports?? A Christian footballer gets injured on d pitch, and since his body is d temple of Christ, u mean the Lord will destroy him?? undecided

[size=15pt]A footballer does not go to the pitch to harm himself intentionally .[/size]
Re: Can A Christian Be A BOXER? by sorextee(m): 1:10am On May 04, 2015
So, when he recovers from the injury, as a born again xtian, he shld ask God for forgiveness, since he once injured the temple of the Lord(his body), after then, he should retire from football, to avoid further nd unintentional injury to the temple? undecided

osile2012:

[size=15pt]A footballer does not go to the pitch to harm himself intentionally .[/size]
Re: Can A Christian Be A BOXER? by osile2012: 1:13am On May 04, 2015
sorextee:
So, when he recovers from the injury, as a born again xtian, he shld ask God for forgiveness, since he once injured the temple of the Lord(his body), after then, he should retire from football, to avoid further nd unintentional injury to the temple? undecided

[size=15pt]And your point is ?[/size]
Re: Can A Christian Be A BOXER? by jemype(m): 6:24am On May 04, 2015
ok only ekanka can b boxers.
woky:
Make CELE people no catch u oo.
Re: Can A Christian Be A BOXER? by mekaboy(m): 9:41am On May 04, 2015
Boxing is evil.
Re: Can A Christian Be A BOXER? by osile2012: 2:30pm On May 04, 2015
[size=15pt]I think so too [/size]
Re: Can A Christian Be A BOXER? by btoks: 6:08pm On May 04, 2015
You could ask the same question of majority of sports.E.g is a tennis player intentionally harming himself by constantly rotating his shoulders or wrists,how about the ankles?Or athletes who have to constantly train their bodies?

Boxing is a sport that is well regulated-you cannot hit below the belt,you've got to wear gloves etc.unlike the gladiators who fought to death in st Pauls day.
The aim of boxing is to outbox your opponent through still and speed. you'll find that most fights will end by points or TKO. It is dangerous but so are most activities we carry out to one extent or another.

Obviously, it becomes a sin if a boxer goes in to harm intentionally for revenge,personal vendetta or get undue advantage by drugs or using hidden weapons.
Generally,I believe boxing does more good than harm.eg.unruly kids are able to channel their energy. My opinion
Re: Can A Christian Be A BOXER? by osile2012: 6:13pm On May 04, 2015
btoks:
You could ask the same question of majority of sports.E.g is a tennis player intentionally harming himself by constantly rotating his shoulders or wrists,how about the ankles?Or athletes who have to constantly train their bodies?

Boxing is a sport that is well regulated-you cannot hit below the belt,you've got to wear gloves etc.unlike the gladiators who fought to death in st Pauls day.
The aim of boxing is to outbox your opponent through still and speed. you'll find that most fights will end by points or TKO. It is dangerous but so are most activities we carry out to one extent or another.

Obviously, it becomes a sin if a boxer goes in to harm intentionally for revenge,personal vendetta or get undue advantage by drugs or using hidden weapons.
Generally,I believe boxing does more good than harm.eg.unruly kids are able to channel their energy. My opinion

[size=15pt]Noted, Any objection ??.[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some People Fake Falling Under The Annoiting? / Where Can I Get Original Seed Of Baraka (black Seed) And Cubeb Seed In Lagos / Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.