Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,011 members, 7,845,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report (25502 Views)

Four Nigerian Banks Among World’s Top 500 / Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday / Four Nigerian Banks Among Top 500 Global Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by quatum: 9:26pm On May 04, 2015
I de fear stearling bank, just Open am with 30K
Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by Beesluv: 9:31pm On May 04, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by An2elect2(f): 9:36pm On May 04, 2015
eduxerxes:
I'm telling y'all confidently that MAINSTREET bank and KEYSTONE bank will certainly close shop. ENTERPRISE may be acquired by a much robust bank.

Its not a prophesy, its a vision!

I thought Mainstreet bank has been taken over undecided
Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by An2elect2(f): 9:39pm On May 04, 2015
Adesiji77:

Enterprise and Mainstreet Banks have already been acquired by Heritage and Skye Banks respectively.

Sorry, your vision is late in coming cheesy

LOL That guy must be a "word of faither"
Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by An2elect2(f): 9:41pm On May 04, 2015
jascon1:
Abeg list dem o make I go comot my money first

grin If dem tell us the banks go collapse the next day.
Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by iiiyyyk(m): 9:48pm On May 04, 2015
coolcharm:
If the banks like, let them enter oblivion for all I care undecided

They don't help small businesses and startups with loans;
their corporate social responsibility is is almost zero;
They don't assist in mortgage;
Infact, they don't do nothing other than collect our monies and charge COT on our accounts.

They only give mega loans to the Dangote's and Adenuga's.

So if it becomes a bad debt, that's their fvucking business sad

Thank my brother you said all, our banks are too weeked. Collecting from the poor to service the rich.
Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by holluwai(m): 9:49pm On May 04, 2015
Some banks will turn into pawn shops soon. My piggy bank is the safest! wink
Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by holluwai(m): 9:50pm On May 04, 2015
True that!

An2elect2:

Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by Truflame: 9:51pm On May 04, 2015
I strongly suspect first bank. They have been involve in unethical practise lately. Imagine their ATM debiting the money in your account balance without dispensing cash at the point of withdrawal and yet the bank official will tell you they reviewing ur query for eternity! This bank is sinking. Buhari, pls, invite Soludo
Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by nwadiuko1(m): 9:52pm On May 04, 2015
holluwai:
Some banks will turn to pawn shops soon. My piggy bank is the safest! wink
wait ohh hope access and first bank no go follow fold abeg oo dem no dy carry tooth pick clean ear na
Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by Ozonolysis(m): 10:00pm On May 04, 2015
Sure my bank wil neva be among
Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by AngelicaDivine(f): 10:07pm On May 04, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by Israel5(m): 10:13pm On May 04, 2015
I knw tht Ecobnk nd Gtbnk cnnt go down
Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by mecusbosco(m): 10:16pm On May 04, 2015
eduxerxes:
I'm telling y'all confidently that MAINSTREET bank and KEYSTONE bank will certainly close shop. ENTERPRISE may be acquired by a much robust bank.

Mumu! Mainstreet bank has been bought over by Skye bank. Enterprise has as well been bought over by Heritage Bank. Keystone is yet to be sold. Still under packaging...
Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by urheme: 10:28pm On May 04, 2015
coolcharm:

Infact, they don't do nothing other than collect our monies and charge COT on our accounts.

grin
Corporate social responsibility, when their directors behave like crooks.

Oceanic bank was bad enough to be wound off for being a corporate thief yet another foolish corporate citizen bought a liability and a corporate criminal from death in the name of rescuing shareholders money and did they rescue shiiit? No!!! embarassed

And cicilia ibru a crook big time crook wrote of my hard earned money, she no go see better for her life.

Banks are just too greedy so they will all suffer, especially those ones whos customers are govt agencies,

So i agree with you they can melt down, sink or crash.
Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by walearoy(m): 10:55pm On May 04, 2015
eduxerxes:

All these banks have been acquired sir!
Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by paparazzi1987(m): 11:02pm On May 04, 2015
quatum:
I de fear stearling bank, just Open am with 30K

Sterling bank is one of the most secured bank in nigeria.
Though there customer base is not much compare to the likes of gtb et al,but they manage risk in a safe mode.
Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by bastien: 11:16pm On May 04, 2015
falseman:
I dey suspect Skye Bank . I need to remove my money sharply Team GTB
skye bank ke, guy skye bank na big bank oh, no just think am... .. .
Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by Stycon(m): 11:17pm On May 04, 2015
So funny that an Altman Z-score Model was use on most of the so called strong banks to test their distress level and they all show red light
Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by chillykelly86(m): 1:39am On May 05, 2015
kaorama:
Under every new CBN Governor, a few Nigerian banks must close shop. This seems to be the custom in Nigeria's economy for some time now. Soludo swallowed many of them in the pretext of bank consolidation. Sanusi sanitized the banks yet further. I remember Ocean bank. Oh, it is difficult to forget Intercontinental Bank; the bank that did not charge me any monthly management fee on my IPSA account until it was submerged and things fell apart. We do not know what the new CBN Governor will do with the remaining banks. Maybe he will sell them off or maybe Nigerians will start paying subsidy for their survival. Whether what our financial managers do is prompted by economic exigencies or informed by clandestine agenda is what many Nigerians do not know.

The truth is, with the creation of AMCON, Nigerians paid a kind of subsidy for the banking sector.
Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by innovestor(m): 3:52am On May 05, 2015
urheme:

grin
Corporate social responsibility, when their directors behave like crooks.

Oceanic bank was bad enough to be wound off for being a corporate thief yet another foolish corporate citizen bought a liability and a corporate criminal from death in the name of rescuing shareholders money and did they rescue shiiit? No!!! embarassed

And cicilia ibru a crook big time crook wrote of my hard earned money, she no go see better for her life.

Banks are just too greedy so they will all suffer, especially those ones whos customers are govt agencies,

So i agree with you they can melt down, sink or crash.

I wonder when people will learn (especially Nigerians). Money in the bank is no proof of how wealthy you are!! Assets are!! Guys stop piling money in the bank where tax, inflation and bank bankruptsy will erode. Acquire assets which will last longer.

Honestly my bank is not happy with me as i barely have anything there. Most times i even have -ve on my account. grin
Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by InvertedHammer: 4:30am On May 05, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Oil price falls.....economy falls....bank fails.

Nigeria has to get off oil.
/
No!

They must stop.giving out non-asset backed business loans.

Loans given to politicians for campaigns based on names recognition are not collectable.

And the little guys bear the loss when the banks go belly up.

\

1 Like

Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by eduxerxes: 4:44am On May 05, 2015
mecusbosco:

Mumu! Mainstreet bank has been bought over by Skye bank. Enterprise has as well been bought over by Heritage Bank. Keystone is yet to be sold. Still under packaging...
thanks anyway, I'm new to Nigeria, never knew they've been bought over. Though they still bear their former names.

"Mumu" is unnecessary here Bro, pls edit. thanks!

1 Like

Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by coolzeal(m): 5:09am On May 05, 2015
Banks like lobbying power, they like monopoly. Some of them are so big that their failure can threaten the entire system. I thought we have EFCC, SEC and some other financial regulators to investigate thoroughly about our economy default. Finaincial instuitions are the most fraudulent organizations in the world(I called them ghost business) fundamentally, they don't buy or sell commodities, just with people's savings. The 2008, global economic meltdown or recession should be an eyesore. AIG, Lehman, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and other top financial instuitions went bankrupt.
Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by jascon1(m): 5:41am On May 05, 2015
An2elect2:

hahaha I day tell you. At least make den give us info. My money still day Savannah bank till date.

1 Like

Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by MSItachi: 6:09am On May 05, 2015
1 Mill likes
coolcharm:

Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by Kangol99(m): 6:27am On May 05, 2015
ok
Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by Ujupsy: 7:50am On May 05, 2015
GTB Big, Strong Accommodating come join em
Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by Orina(m): 9:28am On May 05, 2015
Allan gray group is a south african company so thats how south africans are about anything Nigerian, they didn't report anything about sa when their economy almost went on recession last year now sa has power issues and yet no report from allan gray concerning sa but can talk shit about Nigeria
Re: Few Nigerian Banks May Collapse In 2016 – Report by Orina(m): 9:37am On May 05, 2015
Allan gray group is a south african company so thats how south africans are about anything Nigerian, they didn't report anything about sa when their economy almost went on recession last year now sa has power issues affecting their economy and yet no report from allan gray concerning sa but can talk shit about Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Traders' Shops Closed In Ghana As They Cry Out / Adesola Adeduntan: CBN Queries First Bank As CEO Is ‘Purportedly Forced Out" / Check Out The Way Unity Bank Plc Celebrated Nigeria @56

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.