Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,155 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Col. Robert Akonobi (rtd) Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride Price - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Col. Robert Akonobi (rtd) Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride Price (816 Views)

Adeosun Pleads With National Assembly To Cut CBN Governor’s Powers / Rear-admiral Alison Madueke (rtd) Flies In Legal Team To Defend His Wife Diezani / How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Col. Robert Akonobi (rtd) Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride Price by OKNkanu(m): 10:35am On May 04, 2015
Former Military governor of old Anambra State, Col. Robert
Akonobi (rtd), has pleaded with Igbo parents to reduce the
bride price of their daughters so that ‘’our young boys can
marry them.”
Speaking at the industrial city of Nnewi, Anambra State
during the traditional wedding ceremony of the daughter of
a business mogul, Chief Louis Onwugbenu, Onyinye and her
husband, Bosah
Chukwuogo, weekend, Col. Akonobi said:
"To me, this topic (bride price) has
been dealt with in the past by Ndigbo,
who came out
with a reduced bride price, to enable
our young boys marry our young girls.
It is a very simple matter. Let's all
remember that most of our young
boys are not very rich and they've
come of age to get married."

Re: Col. Robert Akonobi (rtd) Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride Price by Nobody: 10:36am On May 04, 2015
I hate "change"
Re: Col. Robert Akonobi (rtd) Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride Price by saintikechi(m): 10:52am On May 04, 2015
We are not selling our daugther !!!
Re: Col. Robert Akonobi (rtd) Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride Price by ki02020(m): 10:56am On May 04, 2015
If I hear say dem gree.....they don't mind you selling your fathers house just to mary their daugthers....keep calm and marry a yoruba girl
Re: Col. Robert Akonobi (rtd) Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride Price by Udmaster(m): 11:12am On May 04, 2015
ki02020:
If I hear say dem gree.....they don't mind you selling your fathers house just to mary their daugthers....keep calm and marry a yoruba girl
na by force 4 u marry their daughter? Nigga go and make money and go get urself a pretty Igbo girl.. Beauty+brain+hebrew blood+commitment+good cook.
Re: Col. Robert Akonobi (rtd) Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride Price by Felvet(f): 11:14am On May 04, 2015
I thought I was going to see a huge sum of money attached there as the bride price, only for me to see items of a list. Or are they in exchange for the bride price cos I can't make any thing out of this topic. Igbos, making headlines since 1800.
Re: Col. Robert Akonobi (rtd) Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride Price by NCOIM(m): 11:23am On May 04, 2015
Una Neva see anything sef grin

My own daughter go be private jet grin
Re: Col. Robert Akonobi (rtd) Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride Price by psucc(m): 12:06pm On May 04, 2015
Buy their daughter and use them for profit. In Igboland, marriage Na business.
If Igbo own cost, you don try Akwa Ibom?

(1) (Reply)

Buruji Kashamu Threathens To Commit Suicide / What GEJ Trekkers Are Trekking For / Unizik SUG President Impeached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.