Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Diamond Bank Staff In Custody For 241 Million Naira Fruad - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Diamond Bank Staff In Custody For 241 Million Naira Fruad (1435 Views)

Whistleblowers Remanded In Prison Custody For Giving False Information (pics) / Court Official Remanded In Prison Custody For N9.2 Million Fraud (photos) / Six Policemen In Custody For Killing 33-year-old (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diamond Bank Staff In Custody For 241 Million Naira Fruad by dhardline(m): 2:56pm On May 04, 2015
A Federal High Court in Lagos, last week Thursday, ordered the prison remand of a female member of staff of Diamond Bank Plc, Eniola Morondiya, who allegedly aided some fraudsters to process N241m said to be proceeds of a criminal act.

Morondiya, a teller on contract employment with Diamond Bank, was remanded along with the four alleged fraudsters, Suleiman Mohammed, Ibrahim Danazumi, Roland Aroko and Francis Akpabio, all males.

The remand of the five accused persons followed their arraignment on four counts of conspiracy and money laundering before Justice Okon Abang.

The prosecution, in the charge marked FHC/L/170c/15, alleged that the plot to move the N241m proceeds of criminal act, using Morondiya, was hatched during a meeting of the accused persons with some persons still at large on February 1, 2015.

Members of the fraud syndicate were said to have met at Protea Hotel in Maryland, Lagos where they conspired among themselves to, with the assistance of Morondiya, move the N241m into various bank accounts in order to conceal the illicit origin of the huge sum.

Morondiya, who worked at the Jibowu, Yaba branch of Diamond Bank, was alleged to have been paid N3m by one Solomon Ikeije, being her promised share of the N241m made from an alleged illegal deal.

She allegedly received the money on February 3, 2015 and retained same in her own bank account after helping the fraud syndicate to post the N241m on February 2, 2015.

The prosecutor, E.K. Ugwu, further alleged that the fifth defendant, Akpabio, received and concealed N27m of the N241m in the Diamond Bank account of his company, Edokori Oil Ventures.

Akpabio was accused of transferring N7m out of the N27m he received into a certain account number with Ecobank and thereafter transferred another N2.1m into a separate account before withdrawing N3m for himself at the Burma Road, Apapa, Lagos branch of Diamond Bank on February 2, 2015.

According to the prosecution, as of the time of investigation, N15m was discovered in Akpabio’s Diamond Bank account.

The five accused persons were charged for allegedly violating Section 15(2) (3), 17 and 18(a) of the Money Laundering (prohibition) Act, 2012.

They however pleaded not guilty to the charges, following which the prosecutor moved the court to remand them in prison custody.

http://www.punchng.com/news/bank-worker-on-trial-for-aiding-n241m-fraud/
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Custody For 241 Million Naira Fruad by Henix(m): 3:02pm On May 04, 2015
wow
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Custody For 241 Million Naira Fruad by zubby29(m): 3:02pm On May 04, 2015
hmmmm.banks exposed demselves to all dis by recruiting and paying contract staff peanuts
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Custody For 241 Million Naira Fruad by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 04, 2015
Omo shocked people making money in naija grin
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Custody For 241 Million Naira Fruad by dhardline(m): 7:43pm On May 04, 2015
Making money but the wrong way...
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Custody For 241 Million Naira Fruad by dhardline(m): 7:45pm On May 04, 2015
zubby29:
hmmmm.banks exposed demselves to all dis by recruiting and paying contract staff peanuts
True but i still feel there is really no justification for theft.If we learn how to not be greedy then i believe things will not be this bad in this country.
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Custody For 241 Million Naira Fruad by segunadewale(f): 9:56pm On May 04, 2015
dhardline:

True but i still feel there is really no justification for theft.If we learn how to not be greedy then i believe things will not be this bad in this country.

U get threatened by every moment 'we know this work is too much for u, if u can't do it leave it there are 100 people ready for that seat'; which is true. I wish this so-called change could liberate the future of our youth by self-empowerment and make us choose from available jobs(either to serve or get served. More reasons Nigerians don't mind death sentences in the Asian countries. I've not heard abt a Ghanaian or SA citizen risking their lifes to get d means end...get rich or die trying. Let this gov't re-value our Naira, reduce the take home of executives and legislators both federal and all levels of gov't., prepare a suitable environment to deal with corruption. I see a reduction (if not eradicated) in fraud. I perceive a good Nigeria, a proud country that u will not dream to forsake for any other country. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Custody For 241 Million Naira Fruad by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 04, 2015
Temptation - you see a lot of money but you are not allowed to take it for yourself. grin
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Custody For 241 Million Naira Fruad by dhardline(m): 12:23am On May 05, 2015
segunadewale:

Call a Spade a spade; the work environment of a contract Staff will aid theft. They do absolutely all d jobs in d branch with a take home of N70,000 after exhausting all useful hours to d job. There are some called DSA, this is disgusting. Where in d world do they outsource a graduate after 1year mandatory service...our system aids fraud.

Am not disputing you at all, I know how contract staffs are underpaid and its not only in the banking sector.I believe a select few use this methods to enrich themselves cause i see no reason why a company will outsource its recruitment to another company to get staffs which in turn takes as high as 20 to 30k monthly from what the company pays the staff.Infact i believe some high ranking staffs in these companies get well settled to keep this 'slavery' running and this is something the incoming government should look into but not witstanding if an unemployed youth is given a job he must have read the terms of the position and accepting the job equally means he has accepted the terms which includes the pay,If he does not like the terms then he should not accept the job.If there were more jobs available out there believe me these companies will scarp these contract jobs themselve cause no sane graduate will want to work as a contract staff.
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Custody For 241 Million Naira Fruad by dhardline(m): 12:24am On May 05, 2015
teeowl:
Temptation - you see a lot of money but you are not allowed to take it for yourself. grin

Yes bro...one of the hardest thing to do is being the one counting other peoples money
Re: Diamond Bank Staff In Custody For 241 Million Naira Fruad by Nobody: 8:13am On May 05, 2015
But folks from this region are crooks which they always deny.....

They are very diabolical.

They are very tribalistic.

They don't to see others progress.

Let me stop here lipsrsealed cos I don't want to be banned .

BTW.....the CEO and mod's are from this region.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Jailed For 25yrs In Prison In South Africa / HORROR-8 Year Old Yemen Bride Dies @ hands Of 40 Year man On Weddin night- FOTO / Tree Burnt Itself Yesterday Night In Badagry Lagos (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.