Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Mike Tyson Blasts Mayweather For Comparing Himself To Muhammad Ali - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mike Tyson Blasts Mayweather For Comparing Himself To Muhammad Ali (1312 Views)

Muhammad Ali With A Young Michael Jackson (photos) / Photo Of Muhammad Ali With His Mother! RIP / Muhammad Ali's Visit To Lagos In 1964 (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mike Tyson Blasts Mayweather For Comparing Himself To Muhammad Ali by modelboy(m): 5:49pm On May 04, 2015
The former Heavyweight champion of the
world Mike ”Iron Mike” Tyson has blasted
Floyd Mayweather for comparing himself to
boxing great Muhammed Ali.
A couple of days ago, Mayweather said that he
was as great as Muhammed Ali. He said: “No
disrespect to Muhammad Ali, but he did it in
one division. I just look at Ali’s career when he
fought Leon Spinks and lost to a fighter with
seven fights.
“There were some other fights he lost and
he’s still known as The Greatest because
that’s what he put out there. It is what it is.”
Mayweather said.
“He called himself The Greatest and I call
myself TBE (The Best Ever). I’m pretty sure
I’ll get criticized for what I said, but I
couldn’t care less. I couldn’t care less about
the backlash,” he added.
Iron Mike rubbished the claim and said that
Mayweather is a little scared man and is
delusional.
“He’s very delusional. He can’t listen. If he
was anywhere near that realm of greatness
with Ali, he’d be able to take his children to
school by himself.
“He can’t take his children to school by
himself and you’re talking about he’s great?
Greatness is not guarding himself from the
people. Greatness is being accepted by the
people.
“He’s a little scared man. He’s a very small,
scared man.” Tyson said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Tyson Blasts Mayweather For Comparing Himself To Muhammad Ali by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 04, 2015
Mike Tyson makes sense here. Alli represents voice for the voiceless. He championed equality. He was the most vocal conscientious objector to Vietnam. He paid the price for his principles and was stripped of his title and had his license withdrawn. Mayweather is just another hustler who's only motivation is cash. Alli is my idol.

1 Like

Re: Mike Tyson Blasts Mayweather For Comparing Himself To Muhammad Ali by bishop4APC: 6:13pm On May 04, 2015
Lol at * the best ever * someone should tell this overhype mayweather to challenge any of klitschko brothers and let's see if he would not sustain brain injury.
Re: Mike Tyson Blasts Mayweather For Comparing Himself To Muhammad Ali by AhmedMustapha(m): 9:21pm On May 04, 2015
bishop4APC:

Lol at * the best ever * someone should tell this overhype mayweather to challenge any of klitschko brothers and let's see if he would not sustain brain injury.
What makes you think the Klitschko brothers are supermen
Re: Mike Tyson Blasts Mayweather For Comparing Himself To Muhammad Ali by bishop4APC: 10:36pm On May 04, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

What makes you think the Klitschko brothers are super men

They are not super men but one them remain heavyweight champion till tomorrow and if mayweather wants to prove his superioty let him challenge and see if he will ever regain his nolmacy after the match.
Re: Mike Tyson Blasts Mayweather For Comparing Himself To Muhammad Ali by Nobody: 6:44am On May 05, 2015
AhmedMustapha:
What makes you think the Klitschko brothers are supermen
Samuel Peters knows better ask him

1 Like

Re: Mike Tyson Blasts Mayweather For Comparing Himself To Muhammad Ali by AhmedMustapha(m): 7:58am On May 05, 2015
sniper099:

Samuel Peters knows better ask him
So you compare that fat zombie to Mayweather?
Re: Mike Tyson Blasts Mayweather For Comparing Himself To Muhammad Ali by wizard007(m): 9:56am On May 05, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

So you compare that fat zombie to Mayweather?

ema wo bobo yi ke shocked.......shey Mayweather ma na Big sam ni? see Heavyweight is the height and if you haven't been there dont even talk about them....May is JK like Jimi
Re: Mike Tyson Blasts Mayweather For Comparing Himself To Muhammad Ali by godoluwa(m): 10:05am On May 05, 2015
Mike Tyson was ryt
Re: Mike Tyson Blasts Mayweather For Comparing Himself To Muhammad Ali by Creamish(f): 11:32am On May 05, 2015
I also think Mike is right here....it takes much more than arrogance, wealth and hopping around the ring to b a legend. I was super bored while watching his fight with MP.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Mike Tyson Blasts Mayweather For Comparing Himself To Muhammad Ali by micktoxin(m): 12:14pm On May 05, 2015
Creamish:
I also think Mike is right here....it takes much more than arrogance, wealth and hopping around the ring to b a legend. I was super bored while watching his fight with MP.. undecided

I agree it was underwhelming. I blame pac for it tho, as most people already knew that was how floyd will fight by running around the rings. He could have been more aggressive.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Tyson Blasts Mayweather For Comparing Himself To Muhammad Ali by themilanway(m): 12:29pm On May 05, 2015
Felt like slapping May when i read that trash,comparing himself with Ali is like comparing keke with a Buggati.

Like someone rightly said,May is just a hustler,a good one too.
Re: Mike Tyson Blasts Mayweather For Comparing Himself To Muhammad Ali by Creamish(f): 12:35pm On May 05, 2015
micktoxin:

I agree it was underwhelming. I blame pac for it tho, as most people already knew that was how floyd will fight by running around the rings. He could have been more aggressive.

D'u support a rematch tho? Pac had a shoulder injury during his training and he wasn't allowed to take his pain meds before the fight.. D'u think this may have affected his fight? I was rooting for him..
Re: Mike Tyson Blasts Mayweather For Comparing Himself To Muhammad Ali by micktoxin(m): 1:01pm On May 05, 2015
Creamish:

D'u support a rematch tho? Pac had a shoulder injury during his training and he wasn't allowed to take his pain meds before the fight.. D'u think this may have affected his fight? I was rooting for him..
This is the first time I am hearing shoulder injury. In which case I support a rematch. I think it could go either way in the rematch.

1 Like

Re: Mike Tyson Blasts Mayweather For Comparing Himself To Muhammad Ali by Creamish(f): 1:05pm On May 05, 2015
micktoxin:

This is the first time I am hearing shoulder injury. In which case I support a rematch. I think it could go either way in the rematch.

Iv got a link to that interview..

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/481358/sports/boxing/manny-pacquiao-wants-rematch-with-floyd-mayweather
Re: Mike Tyson Blasts Mayweather For Comparing Himself To Muhammad Ali by micktoxin(m): 1:12pm On May 05, 2015
Creamish:

Iv got a link to that interview..

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/481358/sports/boxing/manny-pacquiao-wants-rematch-with-floyd-mayweather
lol. I wouldn't read too much into it tho. One of the oldest excuse in boxing, together with toe injury grin. Still support a rematch tho.
Re: Mike Tyson Blasts Mayweather For Comparing Himself To Muhammad Ali by Creamish(f): 1:17pm On May 05, 2015
micktoxin:

lol. I wouldn't read too much into it tho. One of the oldest excuse in boxing, together with toe injury grin. Still support a rematch tho.

Lolz...therez always an excuse right? A rematch will clear the air for me.
Re: Mike Tyson Blasts Mayweather For Comparing Himself To Muhammad Ali by micktoxin(m): 2:20pm On May 05, 2015
Creamish:

Lolz...therez always an excuse right? A rematch will clear the air for me.
Personally, mine is made up. Floyd is just better due to his intelligence in the ring.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

WATCH & DOWNLOAD ALL CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GOALS HIGHLIGHTS / See Epic Ronaldo Reply To Toni Kroos Troll / Danilo To Join Man City From Real Madrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.