Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,216 members, 7,860,373 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:05 AM

Pastors As Pimps - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors As Pimps (549 Views)

How Pastors Receive CURSES - T.B. Joshua / Wives Of Pastors Urged To Satisfy Husbands In Bed / Don't Campaign On Pulpit, Adeboye Warns Redeemed Pastors. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastors As Pimps by sergii(m): 7:50pm On May 04, 2015
If you have a wife who truly loves you, count yourself blessed. A wife is one of the few items in the long list of ‘things’ we purport to own that can robustly defend her ownership; like the one I’ve been stuck with for over 2 decades!
The union between man and woman is the human equivalent of the relationship between the Church and her progenitor, Jesus Christ. It is a relationship defined and nurtured by love. Only love could have compelled Christ away from heaven’s resplendence to a darkened earth; nudging him further still to that bitter, cross-enabled sacrifice. Only by the token of unconditional love could he secure eternal salvation for all who respond in faith to his claims: the very claims trampled by the same horde that hasted his cruel demise. It is the same love that binds him as Head to the Church which is the Body. Each individual member of the Church also relates to the Christ on the basis of love – sacrificing, unconditional love. That’s why the Good Book urges every man to love his missus as the Christ loves the Church.
In the world’s oldest institution as in its oldest profession, women are obligated to offer very similar services. While the loving, dotting wife offers her body unconditionally for love’s sake, the prostitute is motivated by pecuniary and other measurable benefits. As patrons of the enterprise of flesh will readily attest to, prostitutes usually have their services better packaged than regular wives!
When the inimitable Paul of Tarsus had a head-on with the living Christ on one of his murderous anti-Christian crusades, he posed a most pertinent question: “…Lord, what will you have me do?” This for me is the fitting response of one who, having answered the divine summons is intent on relevance and significance. Now you appreciate why this man, Saint Paul, authored more than a half of the New Testament. It is because our faith fathers stuck tenaciously to this paradigm that our generation still has somewhat to bequeath to our children. Paul was a true disciple of Christ who sought to recruit others into the same discipline according to Christ’s urgent commandment: “Go, therefore and make disciples of all nations…”
There is a trending tendency in today’s Church for fresh entrants not to ask to be shown what to do but rather want to know what is in it for them. Most Christians will of course swear they’re in Church to do God’s will but current realities suggest otherwise.
Perusing a list of the publications of one of Nigeria’s Pentecostal preachers, I discovered they all bordered on power and authority and how they may be harnessed to generate results. This in itself raises no red flags until matched with testimonies emanating from patrons of the same ministry. Without exception, all the testimonials speak of landing massive contracts, securing choice jobs, cornering preferred husbands/wives, obtaining healing from life-threatening ailments etc. It seems to be all about what God can do for those who serve him. If the people do have tales of becoming holier, accessing deliverance from terrible temperaments or making themselves more available for God’s use, either they never say so or the church authorities consider such stories unworthy of publication.
If one’s relationship with God and progress thereon is evidenced only by temporal acquisitions, one can’t claim to be a disciple of Christ. Prostitute isn’t a pretty word but if all that keeps you in church is the prospect of miracles, signs and wonders, there’s nothing else to call you.
As a pastor, evangelist, prophet and apostle, if the crux of your message is how the anointing and power of God can be employed in amassing this world’s goods, you look to me like a love-vendor recruiting and nurturing unwitting prostitutes.
love-vendor and prostitute: a cursed combination you hate to be associated with. I, even more, and God, certainly most.

OLUGU OLUGU ORJI mnia
nnanta2012@gmail.com
oluguorji.

Re: Pastors As Pimps by rickata1: 11:07pm On May 04, 2015
Nice write up

(1) (Reply)

Muslims: What Is The Implication If I Dont Believe In Allah And/or Mohammed? / SERMON JOTTERS: Dead Works {zac Poonen} / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.