Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,917 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ (24255 Views)

"We Are Not Responsible For Your Woes" - FG Tells Nigerians / Buhari: My Government Not Responsible For Recession / Make Sure You Correct Your Mistakes IF You Win, Okoye Tells GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by Amaudeogu(m): 4:04am On May 05, 2015
By Henry Umoru

ABUJA — THE leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has washed its hands off the defeat of President Goodluck Jonathan in the last presidential election, blaming it on what it described as the tactlessness of the President’s hand-picked campaign team led by Dr. Ahmadu Ali.

The party directly blamed the hate campaign launched against the All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari for the defeat.
President Goodluck Jonathan displaying Expression of Interest and Nomination Forms at the People's Democratic Party's Secretariat in Abuja on Thursday (30/10/14).

File Photo: President Goodluck Jonathan displaying Expression of Interest and Nomination Forms at the People’s Democratic Party’s Secretariat in Abuja on Thursday (30/10/14).

The National Working Committee, NWC, of the party also, yesterday, dismissed reports of profiting from the N9 billion raised for the party’s campaigns, affirming its readiness to defend the N30 million paid to each NWC member which it claimed was approved by the President.

Contacted on the development, spokesman of the Presidential Campaign Organisation, PCO, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, promised to comment on the issues today.

Addressing journalists, yesterday, in Abuja, the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh, while exonerating the party from Jonathan’s failure, traced the defeat to the exclusion of the party and its leadership from running of the campaign. Metuh said even advice was ignored by those that ran the campaign.

Blames PDP’s failure on hate campaign against Buhari

Metuh particularly blamed the hate campaign by the Presidential Campaign Committee which resulted in the failure of the party, saying members of the NWC did not play any significant part in the 2015 presidential campaign of the party.

He said the abysmal performance of the party in the North was a result of the hate campaign adopted and executed by the party’s PCO against the APC and its presidential candidate, Buhari.

The denial follows recent reports of pressure on the NWC to resign from office on account of the loss of the presidency to the APC.

Jonathan failed because party was not carried along

Denying the culpability of the party leadership, Metuh said:

“We did not lead the party to failure, we were not involved in the campaigns and our advice was ignored. If we had handled the campaign, Mr. President would have won the election. We cannot be held responsible when our advice was ignored.”

Noting the issue of the hate campaign against Buhari, he said:

“Let me say this. In 2003, President Obasanjo ran an election against Odumegwu-Ojukwu in the South-East. In 2007, Yar’Adua ran election against Ojukwu. I can tell you, if PDP had engaged in name calling or abused Ojukwu in any way, PDP would have lost the elections in the South-East.”

Reacting to an online report that NWC members shared part of the presidential campaign funds among themselves, he said the NWC was never involved in the disbursement of campaign funds as he revealed that the party spent over N4 billion to sponsor their candidates in the presidential, governorship, National Assembly and Houses of Assembly elections.

N9bn generated from sale of expression of interest and nomination forms

According to Metuh, the party generated about N9 billion from the sale of expression of interest and nomination forms from aspirants to various offices on the platform of the party for the 2015 elections.

He said the party, out of the money generated, donated N500 million to the presidential campaign fund last December and gave out N100 million to each of the 29 gubernatorial candidates on the April 11 governorship election.

According to him, “we sponsored our House of Assembly candidates. The money was passed through the governors or through ministers and gubernatorial candidates in states where PDP has no sitting governor.”

Metuh, who disclosed that the party got approval from President Jonathan for all the expenditures, expressed the readiness of the NWC to make public its account, saying:

“For the avoidance of doubt, we wish to state categorically that this national leadership has remained very transparent in all its dealings since coming into office.

“No NWC member has been involved in any way in any sleaze or embezzlement of party funds. Also, no member of the NWC has ever been accused of embezzlement of funds in any ministry, department or agencies of government at any level whatsoever.”

On N30m paid to NWC members

On the allegation of N30 million paid to each member of the NWC, Metuh said:

“We state clearly that we have not been given any money, rather this NWC generated billions of naira from the sale of forms from where we funded our candidates for governorship and state assembly elections in all the states of the federation in addition to funds released to key leaders including NWC and BoT members to prosecute the campaigns in their various areas. The PDP spokesman, who explained that the NWC members had no knowledge of how the money voted for the PDP presidential campaign was spent, said the N30 million paid to NWC members received the approval of President Jonathan, saying it was meant for furniture, medical and other allowances accruable to members in the last three years.

“The NWC is willing and ready to make this account public in line with the Freedom of Information law.

“In the attempt to discredit the NWC, these elements pushed out series of misleading information to the unsuspecting public alleging that the party leadership mismanaged the presidential campaign funds, leading to the poor performance in the polls and as such NWC should be made to resign.

“When this wicked and baseless allegation was debunked by the NWC, which publicly clarified that it was not involved in the handling of the campaign and its funding, and that such were exclusively managed by the Presidential Campaign Organisation appointed by the President, these divisive elements in their desperation came up with another allegation claiming that the leadership embezzled funds belonging to the party.

“Even after the NWC also debunked this despicable allegation, showing that the party’s funds were judiciously appropriated for our state election campaigns, this group resorted to labelling the NWC with attempts to instigate President Jonathan, PDP governors and other well-meaning members of our party against the national leadership.

“This is in addition to recent sponsored publications accusing the NWC of corruption with claims that members shared monies generated from the sale of forms from aspirants for the general elections.”

No crisis in PDP national leadership

Metuh, who said the party had resolved its differences following the intervention of President Jonathan, the PDP governors and other key stakeholders of the party including governors and legislators elected, disclosed that PDP was joining forces with the NWC in its efforts at re-engineering and rebuilding the party as well as repositioning it to regain power in 2019.

NWC insists its tenure expires March 2016

He said:

“On this note, we wish to state clearly that there is no crisis in the national leadership of the PDP. The National Working Committee under the chairmanship of Ahmadu Adamu Mu’azu is duly elected and is fully in control of the administration of the party until the expiration of its tenure in March 2016 in line with the provisions of the constitution of our great party.”

We’re pained, we helped you to power, PDP tells Fayose

Meanwhile, the NWC has expressed shock that Governor Ayodele Fayose would join the chorus of those seeking the dissolution of the body after the national leadership made way for his emergence as the party’s governorship flag bearer in the Ekiti State governorship contest last year.

Metuh said it was least expected of him, having enjoyed the support of the same body to regain power.

He said: “The National Secretary of the party, Professor Oladipo, has already replied appropriately. But we feel pained by Governor Fayose’s action.”

“This is a man that got total support from the NWC during the governorship primaries in Ekiti State.

“At a stage, some stakeholders in the state wanted him to be excluded from partaking in the party primaries, but we in the NWC stood our ground that due process must be allowed. Through our internal democracy, he eventually won the ticket and we mobilised funds for his election, we give glory to God, he won the election.

“We are pained that such a man we supported so much could come around and call for our sack because of the outcome of an election not due to our faults.”

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/were-not-responsible-for-your-loss-pdp-tells-gej/#sthash.vp4QZuOK.dpuf

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by kodded(m): 4:17am On May 05, 2015
undecided warris dis ?

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by x2lambo(m): 4:26am On May 05, 2015
The end of PDP we need better opposition party

16 Likes

Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by wwwbabe(f): 4:43am On May 05, 2015
Sebi u don hear am

sycophants everywhere

17 Likes

Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by oluwafemi113(m): 5:29am On May 05, 2015
PDP power grin

Goodluck till 2019 grin grin

31 Likes

Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by tmotmo: 5:31am On May 05, 2015
This is a lesson for all either in our political life, economic, marital life and all other sources life structure.

When (for the religious minded) you wake up in the morning, let this be one of our prayer points to God:

GOD, let me not lack in wisdom and let cluelessness not be my portion (IJMN, In shaa Allah whichever).

I think cluelessness, lack of wisdom and above all, God wanted it for Nigeria (T H E C H A N G E).

They PDP, i can still remember did so many things for it not to be, but God stamped it to be.
For example, we remember
(1) Last minute postponement due to concocted security reason
(2) Chattam house speech by the security adviser to the president
(3) Last minutes depletion of foreign reserves by $2b to prosecute large scale political bribery/inducement
(4) Last minute ditribution of Nigerians treasury to Traditional rulers across the country with South West more pronounced
(5) Last minutes billions of Naira pipeline contracts to regional militias
(6) Stiff opposition to card readers
(7) Purported card reader jammer that could not function properly ( i believed it was used, even the secret NCC collaboration with these scheme should be probed)
(cool Prof reporting Rivers state election results could-not-read-what-he-wrote saga at election collation centre in Abuja
(9) Orubebe last attempts that failed due to "wisdom God gave Prof Jega" to handle the case.

Let us call the madman the groom of the day, for us to have peace of the wedding celebration.

In view of that, President Jonathan is my HERO while 1st Lady Madam Patience Jonathan is my MODEL (not every time you call a spade a spade, you need to apply wisdom, if you are given by God).

#God Bless Nigeria
#We Want A Nigeria that is for All

100 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by KriTic24A: 5:33am On May 05, 2015
Blame-Trading Just Gathering Momentum...
But you people were enjoying it while it last if not, what was your reactions when insults was going forth and back in the air?

Your silence means you were in agreement.

11 Likes

Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by eedriyz(m): 5:36am On May 05, 2015
London bridge is falling down! tongue

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by chidiebere2020(m): 5:50am On May 05, 2015
GEJ is gone but his manhoood lives on in aso rock,

31 Likes

Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by Nobody: 6:14am On May 05, 2015
eedriyz:
London bridge is falling down! tongue

in your house of course
Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by Ilekeh(f): 6:15am On May 05, 2015
hbpeze:

in your house of course

You get bridge for house?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by Nobody: 6:18am On May 05, 2015
Ilekeh:

You get bridge for house?

shay u no get goggle for your phone Ni?
Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by efilefun(m): 6:18am On May 05, 2015
I laugh in Portuguese, keep throwing the blames up and down for the next four years and watch KOWA and APGA take over the PDP led states..... instead of gathering their wounded ugly as.ss together.... mtcheeew, like its something new to lose an election.

16 Likes

Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by highmood(m): 6:27am On May 05, 2015
Both President Goodluck, some governors and the party members contributed to the lose of the President at the poll. For the president, he wanted a free and fair election, but yet what an average Nigeria expected of him was not delivered. Power! Apart from the fact that the election was rigged, an improvement on power would have made even blind men, old people, youths to come out in masse to vote for him. Is it his inability to bite corrupt people or his slow response to the crisis in the north unlike the improvement now among other things? His advisers as well never helped matters, how can the people in the street complained of lack of power and estimated bills yet someone in Abuja was advising Mr president that there was an improvement. No no. The state govt too did not help at all. in addition to thier failure to perform, some of them at the north simply betrayed the president and themselves. So, we are watching what approach the APC would take.

18 Likes

Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by phyllosilicate(m): 6:34am On May 05, 2015
Now that the yam has finished, the goats are fighting.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by Omoalhaja7: 6:35am On May 05, 2015
Wind don blow, fowl yansh don expose....
#gbam

4 Likes

Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by Nobody: 6:38am On May 05, 2015
Jonathan's wife single-handedly wrecked his chances of winning.PDP can come back stronger though only when UPP acquires them.

17 Likes

Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by driand(m): 7:00am On May 05, 2015
Ok
Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by jazinogold(m): 7:02am On May 05, 2015
who he go con blame? mama peace? abegiii...mk I go warm my bread mk e no go turn to toast bread!

4 Likes

Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by Fathai(m): 7:03am On May 05, 2015
all the pdp member and even the president himself have different role to play in losing of the election.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by Nobody: 7:07am On May 05, 2015
The things we will see and hear before May 29 will not be pleasant. Father will deny son and son will deny father!

These few days before May 29 are days that we as a nation must be careful about, claims upon counter claims will be abundant.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:12am On May 05, 2015
Then, who is responsible?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by disloman(m): 7:12am On May 05, 2015
Let d trading blame begins.That's what PDP good at.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by Nazeeboy(m): 7:12am On May 05, 2015
As far as I knw pdp is responsible for GEJ's loss because here in the north people were busy shouting; "we are tired of this pdp and we will vote them out" rather than saying they are tired of GEJ.

7 Likes

Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by softtouch2(m): 7:15am On May 05, 2015
This is just tip of the iceberg, many revelations to be unveiled in the coming days.
Nigerians need to know those who's be lying to deceive them.
Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by ceejay80s(m): 7:31am On May 05, 2015
Gej,I am responsible for ur loss, u promised me constant light and for six yrs I no see light pass 2mins daily yet ,I pay nepa bill by force, u sold nepa amongst ur selves because money dey nepa business, weda light dey or not the consumers must pay bills, pure wickedness, gej u neva see anything yet,
I didn't vote for u,u no worth my vote,so I dey among those wey let u lose
Donkey kong

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by MrKIZITO(m): 7:32am On May 05, 2015
Ok
Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by MuyiRano(m): 7:32am On May 05, 2015
Let me keep space here! I will comment later
Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by Nobody: 7:32am On May 05, 2015
I love transformation
I hate "change"
Quote me to blast me and ya will never make it in life

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by Pavore9: 7:33am On May 05, 2015
Eyah they have washed their hands off like Pontius Pilate! cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by apasino01: 7:33am On May 05, 2015
GEJ lost and still win
Re: We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ by arsetalks(m): 7:33am On May 05, 2015
Hahahaha, what's happening within the PDP in the aftermath of the election is very funny and very enjoyable.

PDP did not lose the election based on hate campaigns alone. If it was because of the hate campaigns against Buhari ( which I must confess contributed at least 30% to APC's success) then PDP should have cleared the other elections.

PDP lost because they ( like they are doing now) like playing blame games with everything. Instead of them to admit they have a problem and look for solution ( knowing full well that acceptance is the first stage to recovery), they were busy blaming APC for everything - fuel subsidy, boko haram, Maboro's job scam and so many others.

PDP lost the election because they gave GEJ absolute power. He should have been made controllable by the Party. What did PDP do when GEJ was seeing dancing hours after the bomb blast in Abuja? What did PDP do when SSS invaded APC and told us many lies as to what the reason for their invasion was? What did they do after Patience Jonathan's crocodile tears and show of shame after the chibok girls incident?

What did PDP do when Obanikoro was nominated as minister after the election rigging incident?

I detest PDP but I want them back asap to act as a strong opposition to APC as we can't afford to let APC have a free ride but unless this shitty blame game is stopped, APC will dominate for years to come unchallenged.

27 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DSS Lied Against Us, Judges- NJC (read Full Statement) / Edo Election: "I Didn't Ask Obaseki To Return To APC After Win" - Ize-Iyamu / 5 Feared Dead As Armed Robbers Barricade East/West Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.