Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,454 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Nigerian Billionaire Aliko Dangote Still Keen On Arsenal Takeover - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Billionaire Aliko Dangote Still Keen On Arsenal Takeover (393 Views)

Africa's richest man Aliko Dangote keen on Arsenal takeover... / Nigerian Billionaire Aliko Dangote Still Keen On Arsenal Takeover / Nigerian Billionaire Aliko Dangote Still Keen On Arsenal Takeover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Billionaire Aliko Dangote Still Keen On Arsenal Takeover by chuks87(m): 9:06am On May 05, 2015
The 58-year-old, Africa's richest man, failed in a
bid to buy the Gunners in 2010 and says that he will
concentrate on his own business before submitting
a new offer.
African billionaire Aliko Dangote admits that he
remains keen on buying Arsenal.
The 58-year-old Nigerian, who is worth an
estimated £10.3 billion - which makes him Africa's
richest man - explored the possibility of purchasing
the club in 2010 but his approach was rejected.
"I still hope, one day at the right price, that I'll buy
the team," Dangote told Bloomberg Business . "I
might buy it, not at a ridiculous price but a price that
the owners won't want to resist. I know my
strategy."
Dangote, who has made his fortune through various
operations including cement manufacturing, sugar
supply and oil investments, says that he will
concentrate on expanding his own business before
launching a new offer for Arsenal.
“We have $16bn-worth [£10.5bn] of investments in
the next few years. Right now I want to take my
own business to a certain level. Once I finish on that trajectory, then maybe [an offer will follow]," he continued. Dangote is an Arsenal fan but has criticised Arsene Wenger, claiming that the 65-year-old "needs to change his style a bit" and warning that the club "need new direction".

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2015/05/05/11428442/nigerian-billionaire-aliko-dangote-still-keen-on-arsenal
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Aliko Dangote Still Keen On Arsenal Takeover by eyenibibio(m): 9:37am On May 05, 2015
It is very possible that Dangote can purchase Arsenal. A little persistence and strategy as he said will pay off.

(1) (Reply)

Live : Barcelona 0 - 0 Bayern Munich (1st Half Summary) / 1960bet Walking / Real Madrid Sacked Ancelotti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.