Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,681 members, 7,816,784 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt (28997 Views)

Amaechi: Wike Hiding Wanted Militants, Cultists In Govt House-the Nation / Governor Udom Emmanuel Builds House Just 4 Months In Govt - Sahara Reporters / APC Backs Lawan , Akume , Gbajabiamila For Top Posts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by AhmedMustapha(m): 11:29am On May 05, 2015
HzRF:
Hw I wish Tinubu would love this
Why won't he
Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by Jobneeded12: 11:30am On May 05, 2015
chiefinalowo:

They are ibos...... I don't even expect them to see beyond their noses.

Let me educate these igbo dullards and authors
Currently we have a VP SP, speaker CJN from the North why exactly are they crying
As we speak Bukola saraki might most likely be the senate president, Kwara is a yoruba speaking state in fact saraki is from Ogun lol
In case of speaker gbajabiamila speaker
So seems the igbo author is really pained at the lose of igbos in Abuja and Lagos hence the "second fiddle statement" Lool
Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by arabbunkum: 11:30am On May 05, 2015
Amechi how market?

3 Likes

Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by philips70(m): 11:31am On May 05, 2015
kettykings:
Nigeria might definitely end with something worse than was obtained in 1984.
Buhari is too senile and old to learn from his past mistakes.
Good luck Nigeria

Is Buhari responsible for sharing positions in National Assembly? Did Buhari tell the SS and SE not to vote in APC candidates or you want APC to cede their rights to PDP and elect them to senate presidency or speaker of the HOR? We made our choices on Mar 28th and we should be ready to live with the outcomes. You can't eat your cakes and keep them same time, NEVER.

Anyway, am responding to the wrong person as your comment have no business with the OP.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by Jobneeded12: 11:32am On May 05, 2015
Rose2014:

So NE is no more North abi? But u don't care if SS and SE are in the equation

For Yorubas eh, once they're playing second fiddle to their Fulani masters, the rest of the positions can stay in the north

Just read your post again. D only south u know is SW with a very inactive VP position. D rest of the positions can go back to your masters even though they already have the most important position which is the presidency

I hope u guys see beyond your noses someday

Looool pained igbo writer

2 Likes

Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by PassingShot(m): 11:32am On May 05, 2015
Rose2014:

So the only south that should get any position is the SW and that's even a VP position that carries no weight? Smh

But the rest of the positions are free to go back to the north. Whether u chose to call it NE NN NC etc
While SE/SS should be left out.

The way Yorubas reason eh. I'm speechless

So VP is a position with no weight?

I do not blame you at all. It is the impression the outgoing administration and the past ones (all of PDP) have created in you and your likes.

With a very able VP, he is as good as the president. A competent VP will always be given key assignments by the president.

For the last time, there is nothing APC can do to give those positions to SE/SE since there are no APC senators/reps from those regions.

7 Likes

Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by Rose2014: 11:32am On May 05, 2015
AhmedMustapha:
These reporters forget that currently, the North has the VP, Senate President, Speaker of Reps and Chief Justice of the Federation so what's different if the same scenario is playing out. The SW have the Vice-President and I'm sure Prof.Osibanjo will keep GMB on his toes. There are six geopolitical zones in the country and NW and SW are already settled. The remaining zones NE,NC,SE,SS are jostling for the remaining slots. So how will it amount to injustice if the NE and NC share the Nos 3&4 positions when clearly those zones have no top slot in the next dispensation.

And if that's the case, Why must it be NE n NC? What happens to SS n SE?
Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by ceejayluv(m): 11:33am On May 05, 2015
Duh.. That's what they always wanted...
Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by Rose2014: 11:33am On May 05, 2015
Jobneeded12:

Looool pained igbo writer
Pained ke cheesy cheesy

I'm just feeling for you Yorubas with your slave mentality

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by kings09(m): 11:36am On May 05, 2015
SE n SS, nxt time reason logically n nt tribalisically. Tnk God Rochas z thr 2 lobby ny political dividend in d APC for the SE meanwhile if u compare d current arrangmnt by d Pdp, northerners r still holding key positions. So wats d hoolabaloo abt APC's arrangmnt. I expct us 2 clamour for developmental change n nt who holds wat.

1 Like

Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by Rose2014: 11:36am On May 05, 2015
PassingShot:

So VP is a position with no weight?

I do not blame you at all. It is the impression the outgoing administration and the past ones (all of PDP) have created in you and your likes.

With a very able VP, he is as good as the president. A competent VP will always be given key assignments by the president.

For the last time, there is nothing APC can do to give those positions to SE/SE since there are no APC senators/reps from those regions.

You said a VP is as good as president? cheesy
First Tell me the name of American VP

As per your last paragraph, so Buhari is APC president. Pardon me for thinking he was nigeria president. My bad

8 Likes

Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by HzRF(m): 11:38am On May 05, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

Why won't he
Just hoping wink
Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by AhmedMustapha(m): 11:38am On May 05, 2015
Rose2014:

And if that's the case, Why must it be NE n NC? What happens to SS n SE?
SS and SE have no ranking APC member with extensive backing in any of the two houses so their chances are quite slim

3 Likes

Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by Dreambeat: 11:39am On May 05, 2015
I think the northerners feel that what ever position they want at the NA,they can get.They see SE which is the strongest oppositin to their ambitions as being out of the equation going by the loss of GEJ and believes that they can ride over the SW which has always been a perennial ally.In a worse case scenario they can reach a agreement with the SE to get the power they want and thinks the SE will easily accept the offer considering the rancor between the SE and SW,and the SE wanting to get back at the SW following the SW support for Buhari which led to GEJ loss of the election.Its a case of either using the SE or SW to achieve their ambition.

1 Like

Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by Rose2014: 11:41am On May 05, 2015
kings09:
SE n SS, nxt time reason logically n nt tribalisically. Tnk God Rochas z thr 2 lobby ny political dividend in d APC for the SE meanwhile if u compare d current arrangmnt by d Pdp, northerners r still holding key positions. So wats d hoolabaloo abt APC's arrangmnt. I expct us 2 clamour for developmental change n nt who holds wat.
Yea because South already has the main position which is president so it only fair to allow the north get the other positions.

But alas, not under Buhari

1 Like

Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by Drone007: 11:42am On May 05, 2015
PassingShot:

If you have any part of my post you have an issue with, just state it.

We have six geo political zones, three in the north and three in the south.

The only zones not getting a key position are SS/SE and that's because of the outcome of the election. Besides, it's not even a done deal that a SS rep cannot eventually become speaker of the HOR.

Key ministerial positions are the other realistic ways to carry SE/SS along in this dispensation. After all, politics is a game of number.

But not tribal-driven, herd-mentality and ethnic-card-playing numbers!
Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by Gr8amechi: 11:46am On May 05, 2015
Rose2014:

So the only south that should get any position is the SW and that's even a VP position that carries no weight? Smh

But the rest of the positions are free to go back to the north. Whether u chose to call it NE NN NC etc

why are you like this, now tell me during GEJ what post did SW, SE hold?? let's stop the ranting, let our law makers form alliances and make way for them, who them help is they clinch any of the position, SS let's be wise and learn how to play politics , politics is a game of numbers that was what killed GEJ, you don't win by hate but by alliance
Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by Rose2014: 11:48am On May 05, 2015
[url][/url]
Gr8amechi:
why are you like this, now tell me during GEJ what post did SW, SE hold?? let's stop the ranting, let our law makers form alliances and make way for them, who them help is they clinch any of the position, SS let's be wise and learn how to play politics , politics is a game of numbers that was what killed GEJ, you don't win by hate but by alliance
South already had the most important position which is PRESIDENCY so it was only fair that rest of the positions goes to others. GEJ(though he had his shortcomings too) remains the hero of democracy

As for Buhari, it's all about the north. And Yorubas don't care so long as they have the weightless VP position. Other southerners can go n die.smh

8 Likes

Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by Rawani: 11:49am On May 05, 2015
philips70:

Is Buhari responsible for sharing positions in National Assembly? Did Buhari tell the SS and SE not to vote in APC candidates or you want APC to cede their rights to PDP and elect them to senate presidency or speaker of the HOR? We made our choices on Mar 28th and we should be ready to live with the outcomes. You can't eat your cakes and keep them same time, NEVER.

Anyway, am responding to the wrong person as your comment have no business with the OP.

I wonder why some individuals pretend to forget the voting pattern just a few weeks ago.

3 Likes

Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by Gr8amechi: 11:51am On May 05, 2015
Dreambeat:
I think the northerners feel that what ever position they want at the NA,they can get.They see SE which is the strongest oppositin to their ambitions as being out of the equation going by the loss of GEJ and believes that they can ride over the SW which has always been a perennial ally.In a worse case scenario they can reach a agreement with the SE to get the power they want and thinks the SE will easily accept the offer considering the rancor between the SE and SW,and the SE wanting to get back at the SW following the SW support for Buhari which led to GEJ loss of the election.Its a case of either using the SE or SW to achieve their ambition.
now you have said it all, the south is the problem of the south, watch it SS and SE will form alliance against SW so note it that the north will have there way if they throw it open to votes . unless the South settle our difference we can't match the north, remember what OBJ said " fear north"

4 Likes

Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by Rose2014: 11:55am On May 05, 2015
Gr8amechi:
now you have said it all, the south is the problem of the south, watch it SS and SE will form alliance against SW so note it that the north will have there way if they throw it open to votes . unless the South settle our difference we can't match the north, remember what OBJ said " fear north"
I agree with this post 100%
Thanks to Yoruba for not seeing the big picture. All I hear is VP this, VP that

Imagine they don't care if other Southerners are left out.
Not knowing that this is all eventually going to be in favor of the north against the south
Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by petermichaels(m): 11:56am On May 05, 2015
Bt der is a Sense in this non-sense dat u pple say it is.
Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by omenka(m): 11:59am On May 05, 2015
Rose2014:

Imagine Omenka claiming he's not tribalistic

Every single last comment I've read from you on nl says otherwise. Even highlighting the names on your post already shows the deep hate in you

Chai Uncle You can lie o and your lie smells like poo
Oga, I beg you in the name of whatever you worship to quote those posts of mine that appear to malign any tribe here and put me to shame, or may you never prosper in anything you do in your life.

Below was one of the comments I made on a recent ethnically charged thread about the arrest of the Eze Igbo in Australia:

Another tribal bashing thread.

Lalasticlala, please keep tabs on this thread and
make sure folks address the issue (person) and
not the tribe.

Thanks.
www.nairaland.com/2293684/nigerian-crime-kingpin-jailed-australia#33415826

And so has been the nature of all my comments on such threads, and such protests of mine on most of such threads resulted in their being taken down.

If you can't show me comments I made as alleged by you, may you and your generations yet unborn suffer till eternity.

2 Likes

Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by Rawani: 12:02pm On May 05, 2015
Rose2014:

Yea because South already has the main position which is president so it only fair to allow the north get the other positions.

But alas, not under Buhari

No one "allowed" the north hold those positions, the North also voted PDP along with CPC in 2011, and were founding members and major players in the ruling party. This is in stark contrast to the current situation where the SS/SE unanimously voted against the APC, and the new ruling party (which has been called 'Amala' party or northern agenda) barely has any SS/SE elements in its leadership or national presence.

3 Likes

Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by superstar1(m): 12:04pm On May 05, 2015
chernest2002:
Let aboki take it all after all South West have been their slaves since 1914

The same way y1bos have been our defeated slaves for decades.

3 Likes

Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by arsetalks(m): 12:04pm On May 05, 2015
omenka:
Everyone who follows my posts here knows I'm anything but "tribalistic", but these innuendoes coming from a particular section of this country is becoming too damn annoying.

How come these writers, Chuks Okocha and Onyebuchi Ezigbo, talked about the four topmost positions of authority going to the North leaving nothing to the South?? Has the position of the VP been eliminated from our constitution?? Is Osinbajo a Northerner When would these guys stop this polarising brand of doing stuffs??

Very irritating to say the least.
How come the moderators pushed this to the front page when nothing is certain?

3 Likes

Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by Rose2014: 12:05pm On May 05, 2015
omenka:
Oga, I beg you in the name of whatever you worship to quote those posts of mine that appear to malign any tribe here and put me to shame, or may you never prosper in anything you do in your life.

Below was one of the comments I made on a recent ethnically charged thread about the arrest of the Eze Igbo in Australia:
www.nairaland.com/2293684/nigerian-crime-kingpin-jailed-australia#33415826

And so has been the nature of all my comments on such threads, and such protests of mine on most of such threads resulted in their being taken down.

If you can't show me comments I made as alleged by you, may you and your generations yet unborn suffer till eternity.

I'm blessed n cannot be cursed so I send all your curses back to you

Back to topic: show me one post of yours that have ever praised anything Igbo

1 Like

Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by alaoeri: 12:07pm On May 05, 2015
Rose2014:

Abeg in Jona administration, tell me any key post hold my SW asides ministers? Just deal with it same will happen to SS/SE in the coming administration due to poor performance of the party in those regions, no Senate in the whole of SE & very few house of reps member from both region, so who are we gonna blame?

2 Likes

Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 05, 2015
Nigeria can take the whole slots. We (Biafrans) are going to burn down the Zoological republic, anyways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by Rose2014: 12:08pm On May 05, 2015
alaoeri:

Abeg in Jona administration, tell me any key post hold my SW asides ministers? Just deal with it same will happen to SS/SE in the coming administration due to poor performance of the party in those regions, no Senate in the whole of SE & very few house of reps member from both region, so who are we gonna blame?
South already has the presidency, it was only fair to carry the north along.

But alas not under Buhari can such fairness thrive

1 Like

Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by Scatterboss(m): 12:09pm On May 05, 2015
Rose2014:

Pained ke cheesy cheesy

I'm just feeling for you Yorubas with your slave mentality

Must you call a whole tribe slave? What the fu.uck is your problem. Are you people slaves to the Ijaw as well since you all queue behind GEJ/Sambo. You have been screaming slave everywhere like a deranged dog, grow up and stop embarassing your family online. Rubbish.

10 Likes

Re: North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt by alaoeri: 12:12pm On May 05, 2015
Rose2014:

South already has the presidency, it was only fair to carry the north along.

But alas not under Buhari can such fairness thrive
Then its safe to say the south got the VP slot this time around.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The New Police Area Commands In Nigeria (Photo) / What El Rufai Said About Atiku Years Ago When He Was A Minister Of FCT / Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen: Shehu Sani Reacts To FG's Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.