Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. (19927 Views)

Mike Adenuga Is The Biggest Billionaire Gainer In Africa In 2016 - Forbes / Mike Adenuga Names A Street After Himself In Banana Island, Residents Kick / Meet The Wives Of 10 Most Successful Nigerian Billionaire Businessmen -Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by PhockPhockMan: 11:40am On May 05, 2015
Telegeography, Globacom, a Nigerian mobile telecoms operator owned by Adenuga, is lodging a $600 million takeover bid for Comium Cote d’Ivoire, a company that has been grappling with debt and cash flow problems.

If the deal goes through, Globacom will have succeeded in extending its brand presence in West Africa. Already, the mobile telecoms operator has operations in Nigeria, Ghana and Benin Republic. Globacom, which already owns an international carrier services licence in Cote d’Ivoire, reportedly plans to invest over $1 billion in upgrading Comium-CI’s network over three years.

Comium CI has more than 900,000 mobile subscribers according to L’Autorite de Regulation des

Telecommunications. It is a subsidiary of Comium Group, a Lebanon-based telecommunications company owned by Lebanese businessman Nizar Dalloul. The group operates as a multi-service provider on four continents, specializing in Wireless Data Networks, GSM communications, Internet service provision and VoIP. Comium CI is heavily enmeshed in debt to the tune of more than $25 million and has been given until 15 May to pay off its debts or risk being placed into receivership.

Mike Adenuga, 63, is the 2nd richest man in Nigeria with a fortune estimated at $4.7 billion according to FORBES’ World Billionaires ranking. He owes his fortune to his ownership of Nigerian mobile telecoms outfit Globacom, and Conoil Producing, a Nigerian oil exploration firm that operates 6 oil blocks in the Niger Delta.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/nigerian-billionaire-mike-adenuga-offers-600-million-for-ivorian-mobile-phone-company/

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by micktoxin(m): 11:41am On May 05, 2015
Great to see Nigerians making waves. Glo needs to do more to win the Naija market tho. How about investing more in infrastructures Mr Mike Adenuga?

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by davidayn(m): 11:41am On May 05, 2015
Please anyone dah says everything isn't about money should be stoned to death !

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by mannyU: 11:43am On May 05, 2015
Him luck lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by PhockPhockMan: 11:45am On May 05, 2015
Nigeria is talking over African economy by storm.

Good move.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by importexpert(m): 11:47am On May 05, 2015
This is our problem. Glo currently has 1 of the worst network in nigeria. Instead of perfecting their services in areas they hv occupied they r xpending.

19 Likes

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by micktoxin(m): 11:51am On May 05, 2015
importexpert:
This is our problem. Glo currently has 1 of the worst network in nigeria. Instead of perfecting their services in areas they hv occupied they r xpending.
Well in large scale business you do things in parallel. I do agree, Glo needs to do more to take hold of Nigeria market.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by PhockPhockMan: 12:21pm On May 05, 2015
importexpert:
You're right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by Tolexander: 12:58pm On May 05, 2015
importexpert:
the business isn't like that.

The venturing into other places won't really affect the upgrading of Nigeria service but improve through acquired revenue. It is a strategic way of expanding ones market.
If he upgrades his service here, the effect will be negligible cos of the competition. MTN, Etisalat et al will also do the upgrading to annul the effect.
Comium already has a customers of about 900,000, which is good to go for an investment.

As a businessman, it pays him.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by tunwumi: 1:08pm On May 05, 2015
Expansion of empire.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by PhockPhockMan: 1:44pm On May 05, 2015
Tolexander:
the business isn't like that.

The venturing into other places doesn't really affect the upgrading of Nigeria service. It is a strategic way of expanding ones market.
If he upgrades his service here, the effect will be negligible cos of the competition. MTN, Etisalat et al will also do the upgrading to annul the effect.
Comium already has a customers of about 900,000, which is good to go for an investment.

As a businessman, it pays him.

That was the same thing MTN face in south Africa, while Vodacom was dominating the sector, they came to Nigeria to acquire operating license, today, they're Africa's number one.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by Umunede(m): 1:57pm On May 05, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

That was the same thing MTN face in south Africa, while Vodacom was dominating the sector, they came to Nigeria to acquire operating license, today, they're Africa's number one.

I agree with you

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 05, 2015
MTN is now going finally...

Some brands I can't deal with...MTN, DSTv, Nokia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by naijainfogalery: 2:02pm On May 05, 2015
Wow i love when Billionaires Speak imagine the headlines

Dangote considering buying Arsernal - Chai
Adenuga offers $600 million for Ivorian telecom company -

God bless my hustle and make my money work for me while i sleep. I love Success stories, I love when Billionaires speak

Now some poverty striken people will come here ranting, work hard be rich and stop hating

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by jamex93(m): 2:02pm On May 05, 2015
wao

carry go I wish u luck

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 05, 2015
IBB loots growing wings
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by okooloyun1(m): 2:03pm On May 05, 2015
Good to know
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 05, 2015
Go for it

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by Dcaliphate(m): 2:03pm On May 05, 2015
Thats a good move. I pray it works out just fine. I love Glo.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 05, 2015
Good for him... making Nigeria proud. Globacom would soon be a west african company...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by MrBasketball: 2:04pm On May 05, 2015
Money is speaking!
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by boman2014: 2:06pm On May 05, 2015
c
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by Bosville(m): 2:06pm On May 05, 2015
I know I'll surely be richer than these people.
#The most high has signed it

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 2:06pm On May 05, 2015
Micheal Adeniyi Agbolade Ishola Adenuga, the Ijebu-Igbo people are proud of you, the Ijebu's are proud of you, the Yoruba's are proud of you, Nigeria is proud of you .... Make sure you employ a lot of Nigerian youth when you eventually clinch this investment in Ivory Coast.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by mrofficial(m): 2:06pm On May 05, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Same with Shoprite.
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by Nten: 2:07pm On May 05, 2015
Money speaking speaking...
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by Hollawaley(m): 2:07pm On May 05, 2015
money must be made legal or illegal
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by uanda(m): 2:09pm On May 05, 2015
This is naija money talking
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by PhockPhockMan: 2:11pm On May 05, 2015
Keneking:
MTN is now going finally...

Some brands I can't deal with...MTN, DSTv, Nokia

Unfortunately for you, they're the undisputed champions in their various sectors.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by money121(m): 2:13pm On May 05, 2015
ok
Re: Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. by thefakestan: 2:16pm On May 05, 2015
Glo never cover everywhere sef for Bongo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns / Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON / Pls How Reliable Is MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.