Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m (59329 Views)

Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars / The Army Jeep Innoson Motors Produced / Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by jackal001: 2:47pm On May 05, 2015
I will be amongst the happiest to see this good development in Nigeria but it's just so sad that we've been repeatedly shown as made-in-Nigeria are nothing but corporate and executive scams! For the record, Innoson Vehicle Manufacturers is NOT an automobile manufacturing company BUT an assembly plant of a certain Chinese car brand. IVM was made to admit this fact not too long ago when a lot of people were interested in finding out things in their plant. For avoidance of doubt, please take a look at all the plant pics Innoson has been publishing you will see nothing more than over-head hoist, torque wrenches, a couple of other hand tools and open workshop space. Now contrast that with the super-trimmed, smoothly made cars and their finishings you will come to agree with me. There is no way any human hand could smoothen those finishings like that!!! There is a lot of robotics and complex equipment involved in such level of manufacturing and those are clearly not present at Innoson's assembly plant. They simply ship in completely-knocked-down (CKD) parts from China and assemble the vehicle here in Nigeria. Well, this is slightly better than importing a fully built unit because it has created a few employment for those working in the assembly plant.

I really desire Nigeria to be technologically and economically strong but let us not do it with deceit.
Nigeria shall be great

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by 989900: 2:50pm On May 05, 2015
Toyota RAV4 MSRP: From $23,680-$30,000.

Toyota Highlander MSRP: From $29,665-$44,000.

Honda Pilot: From $29,870-$30,000.

Honda Crv: RAV4 MSRP: From $23,445-$30,000.

KIA sportage MSRP: From $21,900-$30,000.

Factor-in the cost of wages in countries where the above are made.

Factor-in most people in Nigeria pay cash.

And, the above are known names, especially the 'Toyotas' for durability.

Innoson SUV: A little less than $30,000!!! shocked

How accessible is car loan in Nigeria?

I think the Government and banks need to support him and his buyers more though, probably by the time the quantity produced increases, it can drive down the cost of production -- making it cheaper.

Hopefully, we won't have to pay through our noses on imported car duties, just 'cause of Innoson.
Personally, I do not know how safe they (Innoson's) are generally.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 05, 2015
edgeproduk:
Well done,but if he must succeed he should Reduce the cost of his cars...can't imagine myself buying that for that amout when I can equally buy a more suffisticated toyota SUV for that same amount.The purpose is almost defeated...made in Nigeria cars are suppose to be way cheaper

Bro which Toyota SUV costs 5.6m?? I m talking of brand new bro not tokunbo. Innoson's own is reasoable. Correct me if I am wrong with reference
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by Darlduchi: 2:52pm On May 05, 2015
My dear you are missing the point. Is a there anything as yoruba or housa brand? french or swahili brand? why Igbo brand?

Please for goodness sake, Igbo effik ,Ibibio Igbanke etc are clans within Biafra Land. So it is imperative to say that Innoson is a Biafra brand and deservedly so.

If Nigeria is a country i and you will not be concerned with the survival of innoson, we wont give a thought to the North or west conspiracy to muddle its existence like they have done repeatedly in the past.

kraftykc:

Okay...turn your paranoia down and reason out your position abeg.

Innoson is NIGERIAN brand, not an Igbo brand. Lets not dictate terms for him, let him into a brand we can be proud of collectively.
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 05, 2015
The car Logo is extremely ugly and not world standard at all. Looks more like a Chinese car logo. The logo should be changed.

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by shamecurls(m): 2:57pm On May 05, 2015
chigoizie7:

U know, I wonder why our mentality is sooo dull.

If a toyota suv with a particular specs goes for 5.6million and an innoson suv with the same specs goes for the same 5.6million, just give me one good reason why a patriotic nigeria won't buy innoson. Have u for once asked urself why the car goes for 5.6 while 1st suv produced goes for below 3mill? Have u for once considered the quality of the suv?
This is the 2nd model of suv innoson produced, only God knows how many yrs it took toyota,honda,benz,bmw to get to were they are. Innoson is barely 4yrs coupled with soo many bottle necks face by manufacturers in this country, ranging from power,to the fact that nigeria has no durable steel company to manufacture the steels for our local industries,hence the importation of such materials and payment of duties,transport and clearing, do u still the cost of production will also be the same with that of someone whose factors of productions are readily available. I believe it is one step @ a time, we will get there soon. For all I care and know, cables certified and produced 100% here in nigeria are the best all over the world and so as our other products like tower. Be patriotic my brother, and be the change u want to see in nigeria, let that change start from u.

Furthermore, you can't compel a consumer to expend such an amount based on patriotism. Even in America where its citizens can be said to be the most patriotic, Ford motors has no place in the best selling auto brands. The Japanese rule. So 5.6 million on patriotism is total nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by 0b1nna: 3:03pm On May 05, 2015
lawanson44:

Most SUVs and SUTs consume fuel

I agree with you, but compared with Toyota Hilux or Ford Ranger, theirs consume a lot more.
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by jayhans(m): 3:03pm On May 05, 2015
inviix:
Made in Nigeria and its still 5.6m? That's expensive. undecided
Haba... u no get conscience? A brand new suv for 5.6m nd u say expensive? Dats just the starting price bt as years go by u can probably get it at 2m
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by chigoizie7(m): 3:05pm On May 05, 2015
shamecurls:

Furthermore, you can't compel a consumer to expend such an amount based on patriotism. Even in America where its citizens can be said to be the most patriotic, Ford motors has no place in the best selling auto brands. The Japanese rule. So 5.6 million on patriotism is total nonsense.

If u actually could decipher what I wrote, u will understand that my point is not all about patriotism following the comments of the person whom I quote.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by jascon1(m): 3:07pm On May 05, 2015
loomer:

I understand wat u are trying to lay across, that isn't the tax I was even referring to, and those moneys collected from individuals or companies befor they are allowed to start businesses are to be looked into.
I'm not the smartest, and that's y I seek opinions from people like u, and I'm sure with our collective efforts, this country will thrive once again
I've also been calling on everyone to come out n not just hope on things to get better, but join in making it better.
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by chigoizie7(m): 3:08pm On May 05, 2015
freedomlast:
The car Logo is extremely ugly and not world standard at all. Looks more like a Chinese car logo. The logo should be changed.

So china being one of the fastest growing economy in the world's car logo is not of the world standard?

Now I know most people are usually high on their urine.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by loomer: 3:11pm On May 05, 2015
jascon1:
I've also been calling on everyone to come out n not just hope on things to get better, but join in making it better.

Making Nigeria great is gonna be a collective effort

1 Like

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by goodgood2(m): 3:21pm On May 05, 2015
My Fulani friend needs to see this, and take it to his murdering brothers, hoping that they'd draw inspiration from it... and maybe, stop their senselessness and barbarism.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by Ijaya123: 3:26pm On May 05, 2015
This is heartwarming. The only question playing on my mind is...where are they carrying out comprehensive safety tests on these vehicles?

1 Like

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by Ikengawo: 3:30pm On May 05, 2015
iyke926:
In some years time, Naija will be exporting cars to African [b]Asian and European [/b]countries.
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:32pm On May 05, 2015
jackal001:
I will be amongst the happiest to see this good development in Nigeria but it's just so sad that we've been repeatedly shown as made-in-Nigeria are nothing but corporate and executive scams! For the record, Innoson Vehicle Manufacturers is NOT an automobile manufacturing company BUT an assembly plant of a certain Chinese car brand. IVM was made to admit this fact not too long ago when a lot of people were interested in finding out things in their plant. For avoidance of doubt, please take a look at all the plant pics Innoson has been publishing you will see nothing more than over-head hoist, torque wrenches, a couple of other hand tools and open workshop space. Now contrast that with the super-trimmed, smoothly made cars and their finishings you will come to agree with me. There is no way any human hand could smoothen those finishings like that!!! There is a lot of robotics and complex equipment involved in such level of manufacturing and those are clearly not present at Innoson's assembly plant. They simply ship in completely-knocked-down (CKD) parts from China and assemble the vehicle here in Nigeria. Well, this is slightly better than importing a fully built unit because it has created a few employment for those working in the assembly plant.

I really desire Nigeria to be technologically and economically strong but let us not do it with deceit.
Nigeria shall be great

70% of the parts you talk about are made in nnewi, not china as you were positing .
So, whether you choose to call it assembly or not, majority of the parts are nnewi made

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by truthfulguy: 3:33pm On May 05, 2015
loomer:
Na made in nigeria abi na assembled in nigeria?

I really need to know

They are both the same. No difference. You assemble cars. You don't manufacture them.
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by Adaezeagu(f): 3:33pm On May 05, 2015
I no fit laugh
my teeth dey pain me
dat spirit must die dis year
ITbomb:

I am still having you in prayers, that spirit wey say you no go buy new things must die this year
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by loomer: 3:35pm On May 05, 2015
truthfulguy:

They are both the same. No difference. You assemble cars. You don't manufacture them.

So why dem de call Honda car manufacturers?
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 05, 2015
I think say na kia product in another name
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by walemadu: 3:52pm On May 05, 2015
the successes of our auto industry should be sustained!

1 Like

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by joe120120(m): 3:52pm On May 05, 2015
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by Adaezeagu(f): 3:53pm On May 05, 2015
Uncle u can lie ooo
jackal001:

Nigeria shall be great
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 05, 2015
Still waiting for some people to comment, oh I forgot it's not GEJ & Buhari.
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 05, 2015
chigoizie7:

So china being one of the fastest growing economy in the world's car logo is not of the world standard?

Now I know most people are usually high on their urine.

It wouldn't kill you to be civil. Being anonymous online doesn't mean you have to lose your manners. Most of the Chinese cars I've seen in Nigeria have very ugly logos. Even if we remove the Chinese car comparison, this logo doesn't look good at all, by international standards for design.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by chigoizie7(m): 4:15pm On May 05, 2015
freedomlast:

It wouldn't kill you to be civil. Being anonymous online doesn't mean you have to lose your manners. Most of the Chinese cars I've seen in Nigeria have very ugly logos. Even if we remove the Chinese car comparison, this logo doesn't look good at all, by international standards for design.

Bro, it is not about being civil here, ok, my apologies if I m not.

But check this out

What I wanted u to decipher from what I said is dis, IVM being similar to chinese logos does not in anyway mean that they are inferior as u stated(otherwise u wouldn't have compared it with world standard). The only crime of non civility that I committed was the fact that I pointed out that china as mighty as they re produces a world standard which u compared to IVM.is china not part of the WORLD?

Thus, u should ve said IVM is local (why won't they be local?)
But comparing it to that of china? I mean, what's ur point then?

Thus my statement of "some people being high on their urine", because whatever u just said makes no sense, unless u are being sarcastic but I didn't see any sarcasm in all of that,

(SORRY FOR NOT BEING CIVIL ONE MORE TIME)

1 Like

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by iwatchandlisten(m): 4:16pm On May 05, 2015
loomer:
Na made in nigeria abi na assembled in nigeria?

I really need to know

It is actually Made-In-Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by Systeme101: 4:22pm On May 05, 2015
made in naija or assembled in onitsha? ;Dmade in naija or assembled in onitsha?
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by eaglechild: 4:49pm On May 05, 2015
I am so surprised that a lot of people are saying that a brand-new mid size SUV at N5.6million is too expensive.

Is that we are have become so accustomed to tokunbo that people no longer have any idea of the cost of brand new vehicles?

1 Like

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by otiigba1(m): 4:53pm On May 05, 2015
rubbish! for 5.6 million you can get a nice brand spanking new mercedece or even any brand suv in USA undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ojuelegba Accident: Pictures Of The Container Before It Fell Over / Pretty Woman Spotted Driving A Dangote Truck In Ibadan..photos / Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.