Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Let's Talk About Motion Sickness - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Let's Talk About Motion Sickness (2015 Views)

Let's Talk About The Vagina!!! / Depression: A White Man Sickness Or Experienced By Almost Everyone. / 11 Interesting Topics To Talk About With Anyone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by majestique(f): 1:36pm On May 05, 2015
OK, so I'm in a bus right now and I'm like what kind of life is this? while travelling can be a great experience for some people, for others it is their worst nightmare and sadly I fall into the latter category. each time I travel I have to prepare for the worst...get a handful of polythene bags, get a window seat, and prepare to fast for a whole day. mine is so bad that even the sight of the bus and the smell of petrol creates serious disturbance In my stomach and before you know it, I'm already throwing up. I just want to know if there is anyone with similar experience, if yes please how do you handle it? secondly is there any treatment for motion sickness? thirdly does this happen to air travellers? your input is highly appreciated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by jamex93(m): 1:41pm On May 05, 2015
even if I over feed n enter moto go China
ntn can fit happen
the highest thing b say make I buy gala for road chop n sleep
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by CountDracula(m): 1:43pm On May 05, 2015
D petrol/puking stuff... Dey advice d traveller to taste abit of d petrol. It helps dem stomach d journey without any major incident. Ive seen people experience it nt i fall into category one
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by majestique(f): 1:47pm On May 05, 2015
jamex93:

ntn can fit happen

cry
jamex93:

ntn can fit happen

lucky you
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by majestique(f): 1:49pm On May 05, 2015
CountDracula:
D petrol/puking stuff... Dey advice d traveller to taste abit of d petrol. It helps dem stomach d journey without any major incident. Ive seen people experience it nt i fall into category one
I've heard that before but I don't know how true it is besides I'll throw up if I try that.
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by InZA: 1:51pm On May 05, 2015
Believe you me OP, you're not alone. As enlightened as I would deem myself to be, I didn't know that what I had been facing was/is called motion sickness.

I've had 3 to 4 terrible experiences, one of such experiences I thought I was going to die to be honest. I started noticing this motion sickness thing two years ago, and up till now, I still cringe at the thought of traveling...and that's even by road, I don't know what it'll be like when I finally get to travel by air.

It's not even the smell of fuel that gets it going, it's just the presence in the vehicle.. after sometime I start feeling nauseous- I feel like throwing up, using the toilet, eyes start turning, my heart starts beating out of my chest.

The closest I've come to softening it, is drinking water every once and again during the trip. It's just terrible embarassed

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by jamex93(m): 1:52pm On May 05, 2015
majestique:
cry lucky you

I work towards it n it turns out as I want

u don Eva suck fuel with pipe ??
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by CountDracula(m): 1:57pm On May 05, 2015
majestique:

I've heard that before but I don't know how true it is besides I'll throw up if I try that.
it wil work... U wont puke ive seen it work bfor. Jus dnt drink d petrol, taste it
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by starlingbawa(m): 2:02pm On May 05, 2015
CC: Beckyomas...
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by majestique(f): 2:04pm On May 05, 2015
InZA:
Believe you me OP, you're not alone. As enlightened as I would deem myself to be, I didn't know that what I had been facing was/is called motion sickness.

I've had 3 to 4 terrible experiences, one of such experiences I thought I was going to die to be honest. I started noticing this motion sickness thing two years ago, and up till now, I still cringe at the thought of traveling...and that's even by road, I don't know what it'll be like when I finally get to travel by air.

It's not even the smell of fuel that gets it going, it's just the presence in the vehicle.. after sometime I start feeling nauseous- I feel like throwing up, using the toilet, eyes start turning, my heart starts beating out of my chest.

The closest I've come to softening it, is drinking water every once and again during the trip. It's just terrible embarassed
wow I'm so relieved to hear this. I once tried taking a drug before travelling but as soon as I got to the park, sighted the bus plus the smell of petrol, I threw up.
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by majestique(f): 2:06pm On May 05, 2015
jamex93:

I work towards it n it turns out as I want

u don Eva suck fuel with pipe ??
wow, it seems I'll give this a trial.
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by majestique(f): 2:07pm On May 05, 2015
CountDracula:

it wil work... U wont puke ive seen it work bfor. Jus dnt drink d petrol, taste it
thanks, I'll try this sometime.
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by jamex93(m): 2:08pm On May 05, 2015
majestique:
wow, it seems I'll give this a trial.

make sure u r fully ready

don't do it alone
look for some one who has done it b4 to put u tru

no b water o
make e no go enter your head
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by CountDracula(m): 2:11pm On May 05, 2015
majestique:

thanks, I'll try this sometime.
grin u shud, bt hwever im nt responsible for watever ur reaction to d experiment is... cheesy lets hope u dnt die
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by InZA: 2:12pm On May 05, 2015
majestique:

wow I'm so relieved to hear this. I once tried taking a drug before travelling but as soon as I got to the park, sighted the bus plus the smell of petrol, I threw up.

Have you seen a doctor about this?
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by Emmyk(m): 7:39pm On May 05, 2015
Never heard of it before.
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by majestique(f): 5:25am On May 06, 2015
jamex93:

make sure u r fully ready

don't do it alone
look for some one who has done it b4 to put u tru

no b water o
make e no go enter your head
cheesy
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by majestique(f): 5:27am On May 06, 2015
CountDracula:

grin u shud, bt hwever im nt responsible for watever ur reaction to d experiment is... cheesy lets hope u dnt die
grin[quote author=CountDracula post=33442698]
grin
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by majestique(f): 5:33am On May 06, 2015
InZA:

Have you seen a doctor about this?
the last doctor I saw told me jokingly that his own is worse than mine. he however prescribed a durg for me but bear the side effect is something I can't bear.
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by majestique(f): 5:36am On May 06, 2015
Emmyk:
Never heard of it before.
If you travel a lot you'll one day come across someone that has it.
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by beckyomas(f): 7:50am On May 06, 2015
starlingbawa:
CC: Beckyomas...
majestique:

If you travel a lot you'll one day come across someone that has it.
so sorry, i get motion sickness too when i travel but i dont throw up and thats because i hate throwing up with a passion.
Someone once told me he eats only garlic when leaving home and then tries to focus on the road instead of looking around, it works for him though.
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by jamex93(m): 8:06am On May 06, 2015
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by InZA: 10:09pm On May 06, 2015
beckyomas:

so sorry, i get motion sickness too when i travel but i dont throw up and thats because i hate throwing up with a passion.
Someone once told me he eats only garlic when leaving home and then tries to focus on the road instead of looking around, it works for him though.

That's true @bolded...I noticed it got really bad for me when I was always looking back and front, I didn't feel the effect immediately until after I came down from the vehicle that was taking me to the park to enter the vehicle I was travelling in. But that garlic though embarassed, dude won't be able to strike up any conversation with anybody
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by beckyomas(f): 8:50am On May 07, 2015
InZA:

That's true @bolded...I noticed it got really bad for me when I was always looking back and front, I didn't feel the effect immediately until after I came down from the vehicle that was taking me to the park to enter the vehicle I was travelling in. But that garlic though embarassed, dude won't be able to strike up any conversation with anybody
its funny though but thats a small price to pay for falling sick in a moving vehicle, dont you think so?
Anything that'll work should suffice, so you can try to be focused on the road for a start.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by jydux(m): 2:23pm On May 12, 2015
I have had motion sickness since I was a kid and since then, I have been aware of wat it is. until recently.. it prevented me frm even learning how to drive or being excited about making long trips by bus. I havent traveled by air or sea so I dont knw if it wuld be worse in dose situations. Till ds moment... I stil get visibly irritated weneva a public vehicle drives into a fuel station... gets stuck in traffic or lacks cross ventilation for air. The height of my motion sickness occured on d day I traveld to jos frm lagos for nysc. by d time we got to lokoja... I was near sick... and my body couldn't take it anymore. I vomited so hard and with so much volume dat I felt my stomach clench as I had nothing left in me to vomit.

The following are measures dat have helped me deal wt motion sickness better.
1. Avoidance of full meals prior to long distance traVel / commute.
2. Ensuring dat I sit in a well ventilated area of d vehicle.. any vehicle. no ventilation.. no boarding / driving for me.
3. Licking of peppery sweet or milky sweet.
4. Avoidance of extensive reading or things dat cud make me more aware of d motions arnd me.
5. if I must eat... I eat stuffs dat r least likely to ignite a throwup episode.. like suya..pepperd meat.. or fruit juice

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by majestique(f): 6:06pm On May 12, 2015
@ jydux, thanks for the advice. I'll try each one and see which works magic.
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by eyeon(m): 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2015
majestique:
OK, so I'm in a bus right now and I'm like what kind of life is this? while travelling can be a great experience for some people, for others it is their worst nightmare and sadly I fall into the latter category. each time I travel I have to prepare for the worst...get a handful of polythene bags, get a window seat, and prepare to fast for a whole day. mine is so bad that even the sight of the bus and the smell of petrol creates serious disturbance In my stomach and before you know it, I'm already throwing up. I just want to know if there is anyone with similar experience, if yes please how do you handle it? secondly is there any treatment for motion sickness? thirdly does this happen to air travellers? your input is highly appreciated.
If you can free it from your mind; you're free from it.
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by majestique(f): 4:47pm On Jul 06, 2015
@ eyeon you're right but you'll agree with me that it's not that easy.
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by eyeon(m): 5:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
majestique:
@ eyeon you're right but you'll agree with me that it's not that easy.
Nothing is easy. Strenghten your self.
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by gynny(f): 12:20pm On Aug 02, 2016
Motion sickness can be caused by any form of transportation. It sometimes strikes suddenly, bringing a sickening feeling to your stomach. It also progresses from a feeling of uneasiness to a cold sweat to dizziness and also vomiting. Click on the link below to read more on the prevention and treatments.
http://www.gigihealth.com/motion-sickness-how-is-it-treated/

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by majestique(f): 4:25pm On Aug 08, 2016
gynny:
Motion sickness can be caused by any form of transportation. It sometimes strikes suddenly, bringing a sickening feeling to your stomach. It also progresses from a feeling of uneasiness to a cold sweat to dizziness and also vomiting. Click on the link below to read more on the prevention and treatments.
http://www.gigihealth.com/motion-sickness-how-is-it-treated/

quite informative but surprisingly I have not experienced motion sickness in the last 8 months and I'm really happy about it.
Re: Let's Talk About Motion Sickness by ButterFrost212(f): 11:29am On Dec 02, 2016
I just saw this.. What I noticed works for me is ventilation, if there's constant air, I'm fine, but once that stops, I feel really nauseous. Also, when I'm travelling I don't eat, I just chew gum, minty gum that is, take anything minty, or eat something peppery and drink really cold water.

(1) (Reply)

Is There Anything More Sweet And Magical Than This? (photo) / Happy Birthday Vice President Yemi Osinbajo SAN / New And UK/US Used Industrial Laundry/dry-cleaning Equipment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.