Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,045 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? (3822 Views)

Great Secret Nigerian Car Dealers Don't Want You To Know. / Car Dealers In Abuja / Used Car Dealers Around Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by Cosjo(m): 5:25pm On Feb 05, 2009
I have been seeing some people on thsi forum calling themselves car dealers in the usa with no car advert to their names, what is going on, they have all the dealer licenses to buy car in auctions but no advert, what is going on, is it economic crisis or what please i need an answer
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by Busybody2(f): 5:32pm On Feb 05, 2009
shocked shocked shocked [size=14pt]TOUCHE [/size] shocked shocked shocked

I'ma be right back, once I am allowed to talk angry angry angry grin
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by Cosjo(m): 5:35pm On Feb 05, 2009
honeslty it is not a laughing matter now, i see many people boasting they are car dealers in the usa, no office address, no phone number, no car advert, no website nothing, what is going on i need this for a research THYE EFFECT OF ECONOMIC CRISIS ON NIGERIAN CAR DEALERS IN THE USA i will begin to name names. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by sultaan(m): 5:50pm On Feb 05, 2009
I'll agree with you if the Oshodi internet cafe is in USA grin

The read deal with dealing in cars in US is liquidity.

For you to Have $10k cash to buy a good used car, you'll have to earn $13k(i.e 30% tax)

Putting all that money in a car plus additional $4K to get the car into Nigeria is difficult since the money goes one way.

On any car less than $10k you'll probably pay more in duty than profit(monkey dey work baboon dey chop)
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by Busybody2(f): 5:53pm On Feb 05, 2009
sultaan:

For you to Have $10k cash to buy a good used car, you'll have to earn $13k(i.e 30% tax)

Putting all that money in a car plus additional $4K to get the car into Nigeria is difficult since the money goes one way.

On any car less than $10k you'll probably pay more in duty than profit(monkey dey work baboon dey chop)

My friend waka pass angry angry angry We are talking of dealers who have sold not put up for sale oh at least 2 cars here grin grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by Cosjo(m): 5:55pm On Feb 05, 2009
sultaan:

grin grin grin na serious matter my brother, i understand your sensible explanation, so basically there is no much profit for usa based nigerian dealers, i think the economice crisis is worsening the matter for them as well because i think car prices have gone low now i thought they should be able to advertise and sell more cars but with this explanation now the reverse is the case, ok.
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by promise72(m): 6:00pm On Feb 05, 2009
Cosjo:

honeslty it is not a laughing matter now, i see many people boasting they are car dealers in the usa, no office address, no phone number, no car advert, no website nothing, what is going on i need this for a research THYE EFFECT OF ECONOMIC CRISIS ON NIGERIAN CAR DEALERS IN THE USA i will begin to name names. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

For the fact that u are a car dealer doesnt say you have to sell to Nigeria. Does it. Is there any law that you have to post on Nairaland to prove that you are a dealer?

If you are a journalist, do you have to be employed by a Newspaper or Media house to prove that you are a juornalist? Cant you be an independent journalist and sell your story or research results?

Quit talking like you are a baby. Grow some brains. It will definately benefit you!

Selling to Nigeria is still a risk. If you dont have ppl you can trust to handle things you send a car you wont see your investment and profit. Story go come up on the car or why they cant pay you.

Doesnt it make sense for me to sell and make small profit here than be hoping for a windfall in Naija. I will do things as i see the most sensible!
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by Cosjo(m): 6:07pm On Feb 05, 2009
promise72:

For the fact that u are a car dealer doesnt say you have to sell to Nigeria. Does it. Is there any law that you have to post on Nairaland to prove that you are a dealer?

If you are a journalist, do you have to be employed by a Newspaper or Media house to prove that you are a juornalist? Cant you be an independent journalist and sell your story or research results?

Quit talking like you are a baby. Grow some brains. It will definately benefit you!

Selling to Nigeria is still a risk. If you dont have ppl you can trust to handle things you send a car you wont see your investment and profit. Story go come up on the car or why they cant pay you.

Doesnt it make sense for me to sell and make small profit here than be hoping for a windfall in Naija. I will do things as i see the most sensible!

no need for insult promise72 except you feel you are part of the fraustrated so call nigerian car dealers in usa, so with your own explanation then no dealer in the usa should send cars to nigeria because of the small profit ok ok, i get you. wait promise you have a delaer license shocked
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by sultaan(m): 6:16pm On Feb 05, 2009
But you can sell a car within days instead of shipping it to Naija over a month.

A 3day $600 gain on a $4k car is better than a one month $2k gain with $2.5k going to Naija custom.

Small profit, faster turn around lower risk(one bad deal will not seriously affect capital)
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by promise72(m): 6:16pm On Feb 05, 2009
Cosjo:

no need for insult promise72 except you feel you are part of the fraustrated so call nigerian car dealers in usa, so with your own explanation then no dealer in the usa should send cars to nigeria because of the small profit ok ok, i get you. wait promise you have a delaer license shocked

i just told you yes. What im tryn to point out is that from your idea of a dealer, i have to be selling on Nairaland. I got my license for a different reason. If i decide to inclede Nairaland, then fine. If not, fine.

Selling to Nigeria still takes longer. Shipping, clearing etc. So i cant speak for anyone else. And if you dont have ppl that will handle things the way you want why do it?

Or you just want me to prove to yuu that im a dealer, hence i have to sell on Nairaland or sell in nigeria?
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by Cosjo(m): 6:25pm On Feb 05, 2009
promise72:

i just told you yes. What im tryn to point out is that from your idea of a dealer, i have to be selling on Nairaland. I got my license for a different reason. If i decide to inclede Nairaland, then fine. If not, fine.

Selling to Nigeria still takes longer. Shipping, clearing etc. So i cant speak for anyone else. And if you dont have ppl that will handle things the way you want why do it?

Or you just want me to prove to yuu that im a dealer, hence i have to sell on Nairaland or sell in nigeria?

Ok point noted, thank you very much because you have spoken for yourslef and yourslef only thank you, your name shall be exempted from the black book. grin ;Di am not saying you must sell on nairaland but this is the internet where not only nigerians in nigeria have access, just about anybody, anywhere in the world can access it, so if you are a car dealer in kansas or michigan you can still showcaes your products for better business or are you not so into the car thing like that
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by promise72(m): 6:35pm On Feb 05, 2009
Cosjo:

Ok point noted, thank you very much because you have spoken for yourslef and yourslef only thank you, your name shall be exempted from the black book. grin ;Di am not saying you must sell on nairaland but this is the internet where not only nigerians in nigeria have access, just about anybody, anywhere in the world can access it, so if you are a car dealer in kansas or michigan you can still showcaes your products for better business or are you not so into the car thing like that

To clear any misconception, i am very passinate about cars. Especially older vehicles. Rather than wait for other dealers to help you buy at auctions or other "Dealers Only" sellers, i decided to get my license. Cos some dealer you arrainged with to meet you at auction might decide to cancel or just not show (despite you will be paying) and you cant get the car you absolutely love. So i got myself.

Will i do business to Nigeria? Of course i will not rule it out but all kinks must be worked out cos its a substantial investment. I will only engage in late model cars if i decide to do. No cotonou cars. And will have to be absolutely sure of the ppl at the other end to handle things properly.

As for what other do, i dont know. You might wanna ask them.
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by Busybody2(f): 6:39pm On Feb 05, 2009
Cosjo:

#The answer my friend,

is blowing in the wind [size=5pt]post 7[/size]
The answer is blowing in the wind . . .#
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by ToToChoper: 6:47pm On Feb 05, 2009
*****Keeping tabs of the thread behind the scene******
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by Cosjo(m): 6:54pm On Feb 05, 2009
okl so promise72 has exempted himself why despite being a dealer in the usa he will not send cars to nigeria and not advertise on nairaland  i want all other nigerian dealers in the usa to feel free and share there fraustrations and i mean licensed dealers, hustler dealers in the usa too are free to share their view and we shall tell the administrator to make this homepage topic, we must get to the root of some matter on this section.
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by SisiJinx: 7:03pm On Feb 05, 2009
@ Topic
Oh no you di-ent!

Hehehehehehehe
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by gestapo(f): 10:23am On Feb 06, 2009
this is a serious matter.
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by igwe11(m): 11:29am On Feb 06, 2009
What a dumb thread grin grin grin
I'm sure cars don't fly from usa to Nigeria on their own, how come all these cars advertised on nairaland, where are they frm?
smiley smiley
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by Emperoh(m): 1:00pm On Feb 06, 2009
I wonder who allowed this topic
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by rukatech: 1:44pm On Feb 06, 2009
Most dealers in US will agree with the points made by promise72.
One will not advertise or continue to advertise in NL if there is no good offer from buyers in NL. If your research from all sources factually concludes that car sales in Nigeria has dramatically decreased recently, I will attribute 85% of that to the devaluation of naira, 5% to the world economic crises, and 10% to other “Nigeria factors”.

Less supply due to unfavorable exchange rate for dealers will eventually (if not already) result to higher price of cars in Nigeria. Those who consider car a “need” rather than a “want” will still pay for it. Personally, it will not stop me from exporting cars to Nigeria. In fact, I’m shipping a number of them next month. But I will not promise you that those cars will appear in nairaland.
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by Busybody2(f): 2:38pm On Feb 06, 2009
igwe 1:

What a dumb thread grin grin grin
I'm sure cars don't fly from usa to Nigeria on their own, how come all these cars advertised on nairaland, where are they frm?
smiley smiley

I can see that Igwe still has a [b]l[/b]oooooong way to go before he learns to connect the dot undecided Where there's life, there's hope sha cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 06, 2009
I think the entire equation has changed and as such dealers have to restrategize to come out on top in these trying times.
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by Busybody2(f): 2:50pm On Feb 06, 2009
Emperoh:

It's alright to let out one's inner child, once in a while wink  

IMHO, this is much better than the vile, vindictive, vicious lot that were running round like headless chickens in this section, three/four months ago, whom had allowed jealousy to eat so deep into them, they had lost the last ounce of moral fiber and the last modicum of decorum and decency in them lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 06, 2009
I guess with a bit of regulation sanity slowly creeps in and compliance gives credence to claims for legitimacy.

Emperoh:

Seun of course, go figure!!!
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by Busybody2(f): 3:21pm On Feb 06, 2009
ahonohai:

Seun of course, go figure!!!

Yes of course, blame Seun for everything undecided undecided undecided Damned if he responds, damned if he doesn't lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

TO NO ONE IN PARTICULAR

Is the cut-off age for Nairaland membership is under 7 undecided that y'all need chaperoning, and someone to hold your hands and whatnot undecided

Seun, "this one he pinched me" no "shebi it is you that pinched me first" "ehn Yoruba you were looking at me funny nko, shey you think i did not see you ni" "I will tell my mummy for you, you will see" "ehn ehn, i will not let you play with my toy again". . .  undecided What a shame embarassed
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 06, 2009
He asked a simple question and I answered, no aspersions, no blames, no buck passing, Don't you remember the era of "or else BAN!!!"[b][/b]
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by Busybody2(f): 3:56pm On Feb 06, 2009
ahonohai:

He asked a simple question and I answered, no aspersions, no blames, no buck passing, Don't you remember the era of "or else BAN!!!"

Hence my "Damned if he responds, damned if he doesn't " response undecided

And I was "just answering" too cheesy grin cheesy tongue

By the way, it was "otherwise ban" not "or else BAN" tongue Learn to read between the lines tongue Gosh, I have so much work to do with you, God give me strength cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by igwe11(m): 4:40pm On Feb 06, 2009
@Busy body
Keep on pushing your baby, I won't mind half a cent from any interested person.You failed to prepare my meal this morning where you were busy with your body after glancing through the ''Eze goes to school'' your elder brother gave to you.
When next you try such a thing, i will title you salvaged, believe me even emperoh won't take you for free of charges. grin grin
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by Busybody2(f): 4:46pm On Feb 06, 2009
igwe 1:

@Busy body
Keep on pushing your baby, I won't mind half a cent from any interested person.You failed to prepare my meal this morning where you were busy with your body after glancing through the ''Eze goes to school'' your elder brother gave to you.
When next you try such a thing, i will  title you salvaged, believe me even emperoh won't take you for free of charges. grin grin

Igwe, you wan title a "stand well well" chassis like mine salvage shocked embarassed cry Ouch that hurts, I am speechless embarassed I will get you back angry angry angry grin

Emperor now that I am in your camp, are you going to allow Igwe to get away with rubbishing a whole lolo-in-chief of my standing
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 06, 2009
Busy_body:

Hence my "Damned if he responds, damned if he doesn't " response undecided

And I was "just answering" too cheesy grin cheesy tongue

By the way, it was "otherwise ban" not "or else BAN" tongue Learn to read between the lines tongue Gosh, I have so much work to do with you, God give me strength cheesy cheesy cheesy

Strength for what You don't want to go there cheesy Really!
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by igwe11(m): 5:29pm On Feb 06, 2009
Emperoh,Oya! over to you. I know you sell salvage cars but rebuilt ones.
Now tell me how you can revive  Junk ladies, not my baby busy_body oooooooh. grin grin smiley smiley
Re: Are Nigerian Car Dealers In The Usa Fraustrated Already ? by gestapo(f): 5:35pm On Feb 06, 2009
rukatech:

Most dealers in US will agree with the points made by promise72.
One will not advertise or continue to advertise in NL if there is no good offer from buyers in NL. If your research from all sources factually concludes that car sales in Nigeria has dramatically decreased recently, I will attribute 85% of that to the devaluation of naira, 5% to the world economic crises, and 10% to other “Nigeria factors”.

Less supply due to unfavorable exchange rate for dealers will eventually (if not already) result to higher price of cars in Nigeria. Those who consider car a “need” rather than a “want” will still pay for it. Personally, it will not stop me from exporting cars to Nigeria. In fact, I’m shipping a number of them next month. But I will not promise you that those cars will appear in nairaland.

nice point, So the whole idea is that Not every US dealer Member on this forum that brings their cars to nairaland will sell it here, and while some nigerian dealers here are busy smiling to the bank here some so called ""dealers" in the US have gone stale and frustrated, point noted  lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bmw X5 02/03 toks Full Option With Navi And Dvd reduced now(2.5)!!! / Toyota Camry 1999 Model / Land Rover(Jeep) 2001/2002 For Sale. Call 08033720954,08088082048

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.