Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,347 members, 7,860,896 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:18 PM

Emmanuel Adebayor Shares Shocking Revelations About His Family (Must Read) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Emmanuel Adebayor Shares Shocking Revelations About His Family (Must Read) (1442 Views)

Letter To Tonto Dikeh From Passionate Fan, Makes Shocking Revelations / "I'm About To Make Some Shocking Revelations" - Toyin Aimakhu's Ex-husband / Charlie Boy Shares Shocking Mail A Fan Sent Him About Joining Illuminati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emmanuel Adebayor Shares Shocking Revelations About His Family (Must Read) by Ogatitus: 9:28pm On May 05, 2015
It is not news that footballer Emmanuel Adebayor has been having issues with his family over money, property and more. On Tuesday, the footballer posted never before shared details on his Facebook saying:

"See, I have kept these stories for a long time but I think today it is worth sharing some of them with you. It’s true that family matters should be solved internally and not in public but I am doing this so that hopefully all families can learn from what happened in mine. Also keep in mind that none of this is about money.

At the age of 17, with my first wages as a footballer, I built a house for my family and made sure they are safe. As you all know, I have received the trophy of African Player of the Year in 2008. I also brought my mother on stage with me to thank her for everything. In that same year, I brought her to London for various medical check ups. When my daughter was born, we contacted my mum to inform her but she immediately hung up the phone and didn’t wanna know hear about it. Reading your recent comments, some people said my family and I should consult T.B Joshua. In 2013, I gave my mother money so she could consult him in Nigeria. She was supposed to stay for 1 week; but 2 days into her stay, I received a call saying she left. Apart from all that l also gave my mother a great amount of money to start a business of cookies and different items. Naturally, I allowed them to put my name and picture on them so they can sell more. What else can a son do in his power to support his family?

A couple years ago, I bought a house in East Lagon (Ghana) for $1.2 million. I found it normal to let my older sister, Yabo Adebayor stay in that house. I also allowed my half brother (Daniel) to stay in the same house. A few months later, I was on vacation and decided to go to that house. At my surprise, I saw many cars in the driveway. In fact, my sister decided to rent out the house without me knowing. She also kicked Daniel out of that house. Note that the house had about 15 rooms. When I called her and asked for explanation, she took about 30 minutes to abuse and insult me over the phone. I called my mother to explain the situation and she did the same as my sister. This same sister says I am ungrateful. Ask her about the car she is driving or anything she is selling today?

My brother Kola Adebayor, has now been in Germany for 25 years. He travelled back home about 4 times, at my expense. I fully cover the cost of his children’s education. When I was in Monaco, he came to me and asked for money to start a business. Only God knows how much I gave him. Where is that business today?
When our brother Peter passed away, I sent Kola a great amount of money so he could fly back home. He never showed up at the burial. And today that same brother (Kola) is telling people that I am involved in Peter’s death. How? He is the same brother who went and told inaccurate stories about our family to “The Sun” in other to take some money. They also sent a letter to my Club when I was in Madrid so I could get fired.

When I was in Monaco I thought it would be good to have a family of footballers. So I made sure my brother Rotimi gets into a football academy in France. Within a few months; out of 27 players, he stole 21 phones.

I would not say any anything about my brother Peter Adebayor because he is not here today. May his soul rest in peace.

My sister Lucia Adebayor keeps telling people that my dad told me to bring her to Europe. But what would be the purpose to bring her to Europe ? Everyone is here for a reason.

I was in Ghana when I received the news about my brother Peter being seriously ill. I drove the fastest I could to Togo in order to meet him and help. When I arrived, my mother said I could not see him and I should just give the money and she would solve everything. Only God knows how much I gave her that day. People are saying I didn’t do anything to save my brother, Peter. Am I a fool to drive 2 hours to Togo for nothing?

I organized a meeting in 2005 to solve our family issues. When I asked them about their opinion, they said I should build each family member a house and give each of them a monthly wage.
Today I am still alive and they have already shared all my goods, just in case I die.
For all these reasons, it took very long for me to set up my foundation in Africa. Every time I try to help the people in need, they had to question me and all of them thought it was a bad idea.

If I am writing this, the main purpose is not to expose my family members. I just want other African families to learn from this. Thank you."

cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shares Shocking Revelations About His Family (Must Read) by TopWinner(m): 9:37pm On May 05, 2015
I think I should book this space before I start reading..
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shares Shocking Revelations About His Family (Must Read) by Chiefia(m): 9:45pm On May 05, 2015
TopWinner:
I think I should book this space before I start reading..
LOL.... Seconded grin
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shares Shocking Revelations About His Family (Must Read) by emitope: 9:51pm On May 05, 2015
Wow.......some families r so complex sha.......u hear both sides of d story & just shake ur head......
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shares Shocking Revelations About His Family (Must Read) by DuchessLily(f): 9:59pm On May 05, 2015
Wow! There is no love @ all in this family

Emmanuel u have tried, If u truly did all these
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shares Shocking Revelations About His Family (Must Read) by iPopAlomo(m): 10:00pm On May 05, 2015
Them just wan ruin this guy...
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shares Shocking Revelations About His Family (Must Read) by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 05, 2015
My brother lock up and Lease that house. You have your own family to take care of and the less privilege
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shares Shocking Revelations About His Family (Must Read) by chidekings(m): 10:23pm On May 05, 2015
The worst people to disagree is ur family...they wants ur progress and they are usually a clog to the wheel of ur progress.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shares Shocking Revelations About His Family (Must Read) by Erriga(m): 10:26pm On May 05, 2015
African mentality..... our brother is football star, so we don't need to work, After all he collects plenty pounds every week, he should be sending it to us.... bunch of savages.... if I were him, e don end..... I don't want any family, all of the can go to hell and burn.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shares Shocking Revelations About His Family (Must Read) by kolomax(m): 10:26pm On May 05, 2015
There's more to that story...how on Earth even One in The family did not pretend to love you
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shares Shocking Revelations About His Family (Must Read) by Penssuwa(m): 10:28pm On May 05, 2015
bookatee
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shares Shocking Revelations About His Family (Must Read) by nerodenero: 10:35pm On May 05, 2015
No source

I think in recent times, you have done more of talking than playing good football. With all these, I hope he has saved enough for days to come.

Above all, we all have family issues, I deal with mine, so deal with yours too.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shares Shocking Revelations About His Family (Must Read) by luvablesam(m): 10:53pm On May 05, 2015
'Keeping up with the Adebayors' would make a hit reality series on E. That being said,I think it shouldn't have even bothered to write this piece. It would even make the family members look more important than they truly are. He should just let everything go...

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shares Shocking Revelations About His Family (Must Read) by coolebux(m): 11:21pm On May 05, 2015
Eyaa so people get heart reach like this

In other news, this could be why he called his mum a witch and drove her out of his London home.

#ndo-oo!
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shares Shocking Revelations About His Family (Must Read) by Sommyangel(f): 4:24am On May 06, 2015
Nawa oooo.. Y do they want to ruin him, as if they won't suffer too if he gets poor.. Even his own mother Smh
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shares Shocking Revelations About His Family (Must Read) by Lucasbalo(m): 4:56am On May 06, 2015
Typical African family dilemma for a wealthy guy.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shares Shocking Revelations About His Family (Must Read) by Tval(m): 5:46am On May 06, 2015
Typical Africans mentality. For those asking for source, he personally shared the link on his instagram page and asked us to go read it.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shares Shocking Revelations About His Family (Must Read) by Dapsynzeal(m): 6:47am On May 06, 2015
The dilemma of a wealthy man in a contemporary African society

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shares Shocking Revelations About His Family (Must Read) by Dhelake: 6:58am On May 06, 2015
Because he is rich, his family dont want to work, they want to keep on living on him, even his brother that has 4 children is still living on him. Are these sisters of his not supposed to be married, or they wanna marry him. Family, only if we had the luxury of choosing which.

Welcome to Africa where no one dares to be the only rich and family in a family. I don't envy u at
all
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shares Shocking Revelations About His Family (Must Read) by jazinogold(m): 7:04am On May 06, 2015
house hold wickedness has scattered so many African homes.... uve tried ur best bare! them bn wan kill ur joy but Godwin!
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Shares Shocking Revelations About His Family (Must Read) by iamrealdeji(m): 9:41am On May 06, 2015
This is so sad Adebayor,his family members think he just do some little dribbles and scores,but it's not easy,he has to be on the field training all the time with no much time to enjoy himself and they expect him to bring all his money to them haba,well,i don't know the root of it all,as for the mother,maybe she thinks she deserves more because she may have contributed a lot to his success,these African mums are desperate,does anyone know the type of witchcraft she had to get involved in for her son to be successful out of all the numerous aspiring footballers,huge success ain't that easy,or does anyone know where she had taken him to In order for him to be successful?know one would hear that, But notwithstanding,she shouldn't look at it that way,the mother is obviously angry with Adebayor cos she thinks she's not getting much from him,Adebayor,just be very careful and don't hurt your mom if you want to keep rising,you just have to endure,even if she's the only one you'll send money to often,just don't hurt your mom,and be very prayerful so that their evil forces won't send some defender to break your legs,everybody that's trying to turn him against his mum hates him and love to see his fall,no matter what your mom does Adebayor,just forgive her and don't let that weigh you down,also,don't get too involved with her if you think she wants to start controlling everything about you,just make sure you send her her monthly allowance,etc,send her to Mecca or Jerusalem from time to time so that she can learn how to live more over there,and change her car from time to time,make sure she doesn't lack anything

(1) (Reply)

Amber Rose Posted This Photos Online, And The Say Her Oranges Are Too Big / +18 So Facebook Actually Allows People To Post This Kind Of Dirty Picture? / New Semi-naked Photos Of Kim Kardashian Flood The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.