Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,036 members, 7,825,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death (10368 Views)

Ruling On Zina ( Fornication / Adultery) In Islam / What's The Proper Punishment For A Muslim Apostate? / Qur'anic Teaching About The Punishment For Blasphemy(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by Demmzy15(m): 5:28am On May 08, 2015
basilico:

So why is the thread here and not. at your section where we are banned?
The OP found a taqqiya site lying about stoning and triumphantly posted it.
A Sahih Hadith was then revealed by Truthman showing the prophet stoning and praying over that woman's body.
I just laugh at your Illiteracy in 'swahili', did anyone here deny Stoning?! This punishment might have been applied, but our position is that the final punishment revealed in the Quran is flogging! It's as simple as that, don't be delusional! embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by Demmzy15(m): 5:32am On May 08, 2015
truthman2012:

Islam is confusion and it is deliberately so by allahh. Quran stipulates flogging for adulterers and Muhammad went killing, a clear violation of allahh command, yet you cannot see anything wrong with that. Allah himself looked away from his prophet's usurping his power. Deception.

Where did you find death penalty for adulterers in Torah?

Have any of you seen Torah before?

Where did you read about Jesus not abrogating the old laws, do you believe what Jesus said in the bible?
Please clear your eyes and re-read this thread, Stoning to death might have been carried out for various reasons before the revelation of Suratul Nur, but our point is that the final punishment is flogging. The Prophet might have adopted the punishment of the Jews before Allah revealed flogging to him!

2 Likes

Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by Blackfire(m): 8:26am On May 08, 2015
Abuamam:

I would ask you the same... but I already know what your final destination would be; if you remain where you are today.

Believe me, I am very happy with my life. My submission to my Lord is not just a duty; it is a pleasure. I have tried your way. It is horrible.

well according to u,u have tried my way,but let me ask u,did any atheist pronounce a fatwa on u,apostasy means death? If today u change ur belief from islam to maybe jehova's witness,i hope u know that means death in islam?
I dont know which sect u belong to in the islamic ummah,but to a shia,a sunni is not on the right path,and to a ba'ha a sufi deeds are haram.if u dout me listern to their ashada(declarations) is it the same, a sunni wont hesistate to kill an ahmadiyan to prove his faith.
When ur lovely brothers up north start their killing of infidels in accordance with koranic backing, they dont even hesitate to decapitate even yoruba muslims,they leave sorrow ,tears and blood.
I know u love where u are,even a man who collect his supposed son's wife after seeing her unclothedness with special backing from al-ilah(allah)but is a taboo for others by the same allah,is also a happy man in his grand dillussion.
My final destination is to question the driver,observe the boat,relate with those who are former co-traveller,check the wind and many more before embacking on that journey.
Success is a journey not the destination.
Well as for where u will spend ur eternity, well not even mohamed(s.a.w)knows,he is dead(hurriedly buried to cover up his causes of death) in saudi mosque for 1,400+ years now,what happened to aishat after he died,she went to war with another caliph.who killed mohamed's grandson hussain?jews,hindus,xtians,atheist or muslims?
Oops i hope u know the gadgets and internet u are using is from an atheist.
Let me stop here... Masalam
Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by Nobody: 9:00am On May 08, 2015
Blackfire:

Let me stop here... Masalam

The only wise statement in your whole write-up.

Go in peace.

6 Likes

Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by truthman2012(m): 9:04am On May 08, 2015
Demmzy15:

Please clear your eyes and re-read this thread, Stoning to death might have been carried out for various reasons before the revelation of Suratul Nur, but our point is that the final punishment is flogging. The Prophet might have adopted the punishment of the Jews before Allah revealed flogging to him!

When did Muhammad begin to apply Jewish law? Did he believe in the Jews?
Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by Demmzy15(m): 9:30am On May 08, 2015
truthman2012:

When did Muhammad begin to apply Jewish law? Did he believe in the Jews?
What does the 'law of moses' say about adultery? Or you think Muslims don't know that moses was sent to the children of Israel with a law?
Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by Blackfire(m): 12:30pm On May 08, 2015
Abuamam:

Go in peace.

awww did i hit a nerve,o sorry.
And here i thought i was going to ve a good koranic debate with u,anyway i wish u salam and not asamu.
My advice to u,be sure u know what u believe in,dont let arabian fairytales and myths ruled ur life,or behaving like a man who apply strict rules to his followers,and changes to comfty words of allah when it get to his own matter, marrying and sleeping with women,the beheading of 700 jews, what was his last word before he died.
Let me stop here... Shalom
Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by truthman2012(m): 1:13pm On May 08, 2015
Demmzy15:

What does the 'law of moses' say about adultery? Or you think Muslims don't know that moses was sent to the children of Israel with a law?

Is Moses law applicable to the muslims? Why did you say Muhammad used it?
Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by Empiree: 3:51pm On May 08, 2015
truthman2012:

You not ready to listen are you?. My first post actually explains that. When prophet(saw) came to Medinah he found the Jews(rabbis) weren't enforcing their sharia given to Moses which Jesus also confirmed in your Bible.

It would be unruly and disrespective on his part if he had enforced different law on them. Rather, he enforced theirs.

The same way Muslims at that time used to face Jerusalem in their salat. It was after it became clear that the Jews had not only rejected him but conspired to kill him just like they did to Jesus, that he was ordered by Allah to face makkah. He enforced their law according to their Torah.

That was the only stoning he ordered in his blessed life. When Quran came down, the old law is now abrogated but it's still their in your book which Jews and Christians must follow.

The only way for Jews and Christians to do away with old law is to embrace Islam. Lobatan

2 Likes

Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by AlBaqir(m): 4:14pm On May 08, 2015
@Empiree, may Allah increase our knowledge and give us the tawfiq to understand this deen more.

1. Rajm (stoning) is a fixed and valid punishment for adultery. There are tens of Sahih ahadith to support that.

Note this is not a matter of "Hadith" abrogating an Ayah; which can NEVER happens. Abuamam slightly disagree with you on this but I will comment at an appropriate place, in sha Allah.

2. According to the Qur'an, there are two things sent down to the Prophet (peace be upon him and his household); the Book and the Hikmah.

And remember the Favor of Allah upon you, and that which He has sent down to you of the Book AND the Hikmah, whereby He instructs you. {Qurah 2: 231}

And another ayah says:
And Allah sent down to you (O Muhammad) the Book and the Hikmah {Qur'an 4: 113}

Many claimed the "Hikmah" is the Sunnah of the Prophet. However, it is absolutely more than that.
Interestingly, the "Hikmah" too like the "Book (Quran)" used to be recited. Allah says:
And remember that which is recited in your houses of the Verses of Allah and the Hikmah. Verily, Allah is Subtle, Aware. {Qur'an 33: 34}

My personal opinion based on this noble ayah is that "the punishment of adultery (stoning)" was revealed as part of "the Hikmah" not part of "the Book". The noble reciters and recorders of the Qur'an among the companions understood this perfectly as explained to them by the Prophet himself (peace be upon him and his household). There are numerous example but I will cite one for brevity:

Al-Hafiz Ibn Kathir writes:
Ibn Abbas, Ubayy b. Ka'b, Sa'id b. Jubayr and al-Suddi used to recite: {Those of them with whom you contract mut'ah for a specified period, give them their prescribed dowries}
{Tafsir al-Qur'an al-Azim, vol. 2, p. 259}

Note that the bold part in the ayah {Quran 4: 24} is not part of the Qur'an.

So, I am of the firm believe that due to numerous authentic ahadith available on Rajm (stoning), there is no doubt it was "revealed" being part of "al-Hikmah" therefore do not occupy part of "the Book (Qur'an)".

NB: This is where Umar got the "Ayat Rajm (verse of stoning)" wrong when he claimed that it was part of the Qur'an revealed to the Prophet. There are numerous wrong judgment made by him contrary to Quran and Sunnah.

3. Why Is Sharia Law seem Violent?!
The wisdom behind Islamic criminal laws is more of prevention and protection of community’s security rather than executing a punishment. Thus,although Islamic retributions sound violent, in practice Islam has set forth rigorous requirements to prove a crime.

For example, theoretically the punishment of adultery is is stoning, however, to prove the crime either four just male eye witnesses must be present together before the judge to testify that they witnessed the actual fornication and their testimony is exactly the same – if only three just male eye witnesses appear before the court and offer their testimony they will be held liable to punishment-, another way to prove a crime is if the suspect appears before the court on four different occasions and willingly confesses the crime. Even if one of the parties involved confesses the crime the
law will be executed only on him/her.

Punishment for theft is another example.
Theoretically its punishment is amputation of the right four fingers – administered under anesthetics.

However, the law will not be executed unless about 15 conditions are met. For example, the law will not be executed during a famine if the stolen item is a
necessity of life, or if the thief repent before the case is brought before a judge, the case will be dismissed, etc.

Allah knows best.

Abuamam:

Umar ibn al Khattab was not the only companion who spoke about an abrogated verse (s) in the Quran. The only objection you feel you have is that it degenerates the status of the Quran. I do not know why that is. The make-up of the Quran was fluid until the death of the prophet (saw). It was the prophet (saw) himself who prevented Umar (ra) from writing down the verse of the rajm. New verses were revealed and others were abrogated through the prophet's lifetime.

@underline, that is very disappointing. How on earth will the holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his household) prevent an ayah to be written down?! Besides, Umar was not known to ever be among "reciters, recorders and interpreters of the Qur'an".

Now to the matter of issue of "nasikh" and mansukh".

1. The Abrogating (nasikh) and The Abrogated (mansukh) verses
Abrogating verses are those which are applicable and relevant at all times and abrogated verses are not relevant and have already been fulfilled.
{The speaking Qur'an and the Silent Qur'an, p. 189}

2. Only A (new) Ayah Can Abrogate Another (Existing) Ayah

Allah says in His noble Book:
Whatever a verse We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring a better one or one similar to it. {Qur'an 2: 106}

Also,
And when We change a verse in place of another verse, and Allah knows best of what He sends down, they say, "You are but a forger." Nay, but most of them know not. {Qur'an 16: 101}

Imam al-Shafi'i (d. 204H) says:
The Book of Allah cannot be abrogated except by His Book, due to the statement of Allah {Whatever a verse We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring a better or one similar to it} and His statement {And when We change a verse in place of another verse...}. So, it is very clear that the abrogation of (a verse of) the Qur'an cannot occur except through (another verse of) the Qur'an.
{Muhammad b. Idris al-Shafi'i, Kitab Ikhtilaf al-Hadith, pp. 483 - 484}

Imam 'Abd al-Razzaq (d. 211H) has this too:

'Abd al-Razzaq --- Ma'mar --- Qatadah:

As for His statement {We bring a better one or one similar to it}, He says: "A verse in which there is relief, in which there is permission, in which there is a command, in which there is a prohibition."
{Abd al-Razzaq b. Hamam al-Sana'ani, Tafsir al-Qur'an, vol. 1 p. 55}

Prof. Ibn Yasin says about this riwayah:
Its chain is sahih
{Prof. Dr. Hikmat b. Bashir b. Yasin, Mawsu'at al-Sahih al-Masbur min al-Tafsir bi al-Mathur (Madinah: Dar al-Mathar, 1st edition, 1420H), vol. 1, p. 213}

Abuamam:

Untrue. The abrogation of verse 2:180, granting a bequest to an existing heir, was abrogated by a hadith.

Kindly read and research more about ayah that abrogated the above.

Abuamam:

In any case, the hadith on rajm does not abrogate the Quranic verse in surat al Nur. It SPECIFIES it. This is called takhsees. Again there are many examples of such hadith of takhsees.

Exactly.

Abuamam:

This is the methodology of the Rafidhis (the modern branch of Shi'a), which they use to create doubt about hadith authenticity.

I know some of the scholars that hold these opinions. Some are even pushing the Shi'a agenda by posing as Sunnis. I will not mention their names either, but their voices are loud on the internet.

Really you are simply obsessed with the Shi'a. I only cited two out of "many" areas where you keep on referring to Shi'a on this thread. You can avoid all these propaganda and insults, and focus on the issues at hand. Often times you have been challenged, and ample evidences given to you to dispel the myth and propaganda you love to spread about Shi'a yet you go "Wahabi-style". That's neither Islamic nor academic.

Don't let us derail this thread please.

Wa Salam alaykum.
Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by AlBaqir(m): 4:29pm On May 08, 2015
@Empiree, I believe you know whatever the punishment of Adultery is, Qur'an approve "repentance" of the criminal over the punishment.
Allah says:
...And if they repent (promise Allah that they will never repeat, i.e. commit illegal sexual intercourse and other similar sins) and do righteous good deeds, leave them alone. Surely, Allah is Ever the One Who accepts repentance, (and He is) Most Merciful.

Punishment is only mandated on the deviant. Even as I have highlighted before, there are strict and difficult procedures to be met before the punishment can ever be pronounced.

A Golden Example
The following story is a prime example of the Islamic approach towards the execution of a crime. Imam Sadiq (a.s) narrated:

“A man appeared before Imam Ali (a.s) while he was with his companions, confessing: O Amirul-Mo’meneen I have slept with a boy (i.e homosexuality), please purify me.

The Imam said to him: Go back home, I’m afraid you have lost your sanity. The next day the same man appeared before the Imam with the same confession, and Imam gave him the same reply. It was until when he appeared before the Imam for the fourth time that the Imam replied: How would you like to be punished? The man said: in the most severe way. The Imam said: that is to burn by fire.

He said: I choose that. He then offered two Rak’at prayers and in his Qonoot said: “O Allah! I have committed a capital sin and I am concerned about its consequences. O Allah! I came to the successor and the cousin of your Prophet to purify me, and I have chosen the most severe punishment. O Allah! I beg you to access this as my retribution and do not burn me in the Hell-Fire in the hereafter. He then finished his prayer and stepped into the punishing pitch while he was crying.

Observing the scene ImamAli (a.s) and his companions were all in tears. Then the Imam said to the man: Come out! Indeed you made the angels of heaven and earth cry for you. Lo! Allah has forgiven you, but never do such things again.”
{al-Kaafi 7:202}.

1 Like

Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by Empiree: 5:12pm On May 08, 2015
AlBaqir:
@Empiree, I believe you know whatever the punishment of Adultery is, Qur'an approve "repentance" of the criminal over the punishment.
Allah says:
...And if they repent (promise Allah that they will never repeat, i.e. commit illegal sexual intercourse and other similar sins) and do righteous good deeds, leave them alone. Surely, Allah is Ever the One Who accepts repentance, (and He is) Most Merciful.

Punishment is only mandated on the deviant.
I Understood this part. I went straight to the bottom line. Pardoning is always available.

1 Like

Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by Demmzy15(m): 8:29pm On May 08, 2015
truthman2012:

Always read my posts, I said Muhammad used it before certain laws were sent down. Moses is a Prophet in which we believe in and the laws of Muhammad(sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) abrogated is.

1 Like

Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by Demmzy15(m): 6:32pm On May 09, 2015
AlBaqir:
@Empiree, may Allah increase our knowledge and give us the tawfiq to understand this deen more.

1. Rajm (stoning) is a fixed and valid punishment for adultery. There are tens of Sahih ahadith to support that.

Note this is not a matter of "Hadith" abrogating an Ayah; which can NEVER happens. Abuamam slightly disagree with you on this but I will comment at an appropriate place, in sha Allah.

Dear brother, our/my position is that even though the hadiths mentioned 'Stoning' we ought to follow the Quran since it presented flogging as the final punishment. It was clear, the Arabic word used in Quran clearly states that they punishment is meant for both married and unmarried! Please the link I provided exclusively dealt with it!
AlBaqir:

2. According to the Qur'an, there are two things sent down to the Prophet (peace be upon him and his household); the Book and the Hikmah.

And remember the Favor of Allah upon you, and that which He has sent down to you of the Book AND the Hikmah, whereby He instructs you. {Qurah 2: 231}

And another ayah says:
And Allah sent down to you (O Muhammad) the Book and the Hikmah {Qur'an 4: 113}

Many claimed the "Hikmah" is the Sunnah of the Prophet. However, it is absolutely more than that.
Interestingly, the "Hikmah" too like the "Book (Quran)" used to be recited. Allah says:
And remember that which is recited in your houses of the Verses of Allah and the Hikmah. Verily, Allah is Subtle, Aware. {Qur'an 33: 34}

My personal opinion based on this noble ayah is that "the punishment of adultery (stoning)" was revealed as part of "the Hikmah" not part of "the Book". The noble reciters and recorders of the Qur'an among the companions understood this perfectly as explained to them by the Prophet himself (peace be upon him and his household). There are numerous example but I will cite one for brevity:

Al-Hafiz Ibn Kathir writes:
Ibn Abbas, Ubayy b. Ka'b, Sa'id b. Jubayr and al-Suddi used to recite: {Those of them with whom you contract mut'ah for a specified period, give them their prescribed dowries}
{Tafsir al-Qur'an al-Azim, vol. 2, p. 259}

Note that the bold part in the ayah {Quran 4: 24} is not part of the Qur'an.

Na'am, Hikmah which could be translated as wisdom is talked about here. And your speculations about 'Hikmah' being read is extremely weak. There is no tangible proofs from the Sunnah that 'Wisdom' revealed was once read like the Quran! In fact the hadiths of Umar talking about Stoning, which is not one but many actually contradict each other. Example:-

[It is reported by] Ibn Abi Shaybah, concerning al-masahif, from al-Layth bin Sa‘d who said: The first to collect the Qur`an was Abu Bakr and Zayd bin Thabit wrote it. And people came to Zayd bin Thabit (with the portions of the Qur`an) but Zayd did not write anything (in the Qur`an) except with the testimony of two reliable witnesses. The last part of Surah Bara`ah was not found except with Khuzaymah bin Thabit. He said, “Write it, for the Messenger of God had declared the testimony of Khuzaymah equivalent to that of two men.” So he wrote it. And ‘Umar came with the verse of stoning but Zayd would not write it because ‘Umar was alone (in his testimony) (Al-Suyuti as quoted in ‘Awn al-Ma‘bud 3130)

According to this story, in the time of Abu Bakr when the Qur`an was reportedly collected no one knew about the stoning verse or no one remembered it except ‘Umar, even Abubakr who was the right-hand man of Rasulullah!

Here is another speech of 'Umar' found in Sirat e Nabiyy by Ibn Ishaq and abridged by Ibn Hishaam. Ibn Ishaq knew Ibn Shihab al-Zuhri who was a Tabi'een that narrated many hadiths(Imam Layth warned Imam Malik against this man):-

"God sent Muhammad with the truth and sent down the Book to him. Part of what God sent down was the verse of al-rajm; we recited it, we were taught it, and we memorized it. God’s Messenger did carry out stoning and so did we after him. I am afraid that with the passage of time people will say that they find no mention of al-rajm in God's Book and thus they will go astray by leaving an obligation sent down by God. Surely, al-rajm in the Book of God is laid on married men and women who commit zina` if there is direct evidence (of witnesses) or conception or confession. We also used to recite as part of the recitation of God's book: ‘Do not desire to have anscestors other than your own as it is kufr (disbelief or unthankfulness) to do so.’ Beware! The Messenger of God did say, ‘Do not praise me excessively as Jesus, son of Marry was praised, so call me God's slave and his messenger.’
The speech then continues with the political issues that motivated it in the first place (Ibn Ishaq as quoted in Ibn Hisham, p. 898-899).

This narration is very similar to the one found in Sahih Bukhari, what the bolded implies is that, the first hadith said only 'Umar' knew the Stoning verse, but the other said many knew, with the use of the pronoun "We".

I could go on but I'll advice you guys, please visit the link I presented. The hadiths about Stoning are full of inconsistencies and you'll be shocked to know that they fabricated years after the Prophet and his Sahabas.

AlBaqir:

So, I am of the firm believe that due to numerous authentic ahadith available on Rajm (stoning), there is no doubt it was "revealed" being part of "al-Hikmah" therefore do not occupy part of "the Book (Qur'an)".

NB: This is where Umar got the "Ayat Rajm (verse of stoning)" wrong when he claimed that it was part of the Qur'an revealed to the Prophet. There are numerous wrong judgment made by him contrary to Quran and Sunnah.

I don't think Stoning was revealed as 'Hikmah', from the hadiths I presented above. 'Umar' when he supposedly came with the Stoning verse, he was rejected by the scribe because it was unknown. If the scribes and other Sahabas knew about it, they'ld have just presented themselves as witnesses, but that's not the case. The Qur’an mentioned that for both married and unmarried it's flogging and the Sahabas understood.
AlBaqir:

3. Why Is Sharia Law seem Violent?!
The wisdom behind Islamic criminal laws is more of prevention and protection of community’s security rather than executing a punishment. Thus,although Islamic retributions sound violent, in practice Islam has set forth rigorous requirements to prove a crime.

For example, theoretically the punishment of adultery is is stoning, however, to prove the crime either four just male eye witnesses must be present together before the judge to testify that they witnessed the actual fornication and their testimony is exactly the same – if only three just male eye witnesses appear before the court and offer their testimony they will be held liable to punishment-, another way to prove a crime is if the suspect appears before the court on four different occasions and willingly confesses the crime. Even if one of the parties involved confesses the crime the
law will be executed only on him/her.

Punishment for theft is another example.
Theoretically its punishment is amputation of the right four fingers – administered under anesthetics.

However, the law will not be executed unless about 15 conditions are met. For example, the law will not be executed during a famine if the stolen item is a
necessity of life, or if the thief repent before the case is brought before a judge, the case will be dismissed, etc.

Allah knows best.

Mashallah, the punishments in the Shariah are to make the society a better place. I'm proud to say that 'Stoning' has no basis, the Prophet was sent as mercy to mankind so we can reform ourselves for the betterment of the society.

AlBaqir:

@underline, that is very disappointing. How on earth will the holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his household) prevent an ayah to be written down?! Besides, Umar was not known to ever be among "reciters, recorders and interpreters of the Qur'an".

This is an interesting observation, why would the Prophet prevent something as sensitive as that from being written down? The Quran took care of both cases(married and unmarried), they're no interpolation in the Quran. If an issue as important as this is missing from the Quran, then my friend we as Muslims can't brag that the Quran is complete. When we analyze some issues we have to look at them from all sides, by claiming a verse of Stoning is missing is not a small matter. Allah and his Prophet have made it clear that the Quran is complete and unaltered!
AlBaqir:

Now to the matter of issue of "nasikh" and mansukh".

1. The Abrogating (nasikh) and The Abrogated (mansukh) verses
Abrogating verses are those which are applicable and relevant at all times and abrogated verses are not relevant and have already been fulfilled.
{The speaking Qur'an and the Silent Qur'an, p. 189}

2. Only A (new) Ayah Can Abrogate Another (Existing) Ayah

Allah says in His noble Book:
Whatever a verse We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring a better one or one similar to it. {Qur'an 2: 106}

Also,
And when We change a verse in place of another verse, and Allah knows best of what He sends down, they say, "You are but a forger." Nay, but most of them know not. {Qur'an 16: 101}

Imam al-Shafi'i (d. 204H) says:
The Book of Allah cannot be abrogated except by His Book, due to the statement of Allah {Whatever a verse We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring a better or one similar to it} and His statement {And when We change a verse in place of another verse...}. So, it is very clear that the abrogation of (a verse of) the Qur'an cannot occur except through (another verse of) the Qur'an.
{Muhammad b. Idris al-Shafi'i, Kitab Ikhtilaf al-Hadith, pp. 483 - 484}

Imam 'Abd al-Razzaq (d. 211H) has this too:

'Abd al-Razzaq --- Ma'mar --- Qatadah:

As for His statement {We bring a better one or one similar to it}, He says: "A verse in which there is relief, in which there is permission, in which there is a command, in which there is a prohibition."
{Abd al-Razzaq b. Hamam al-Sana'ani, Tafsir al-Qur'an, vol. 1 p. 55}

Prof. Ibn Yasin says about this riwayah:
Its chain is sahih
{Prof. Dr. Hikmat b. Bashir b. Yasin, Mawsu'at al-Sahih al-Masbur min al-Tafsir bi al-Mathur (Madinah: Dar al-Mathar, 1st edition, 1420H), vol. 1, p. 213}

Kindly read and research more about ayah that abrogated the above.

Exactly.

Nice analysis about abrogation!

AlBaqir:

Really you are simply obsessed with the Shi'a. I only cited two out of "many" areas where you keep on referring to Shi'a on this thread. You can avoid all these propaganda and insults, and focus on the issues at hand. Often times you have been challenged, and ample evidences given to you to dispel the myth and propaganda you love to spread about Shi'a yet you go "Wahabi-style". That's neither Islamic nor academic.

Don't let us derail this thread please.

As an Ahl Sunnah(Salafi), in which some who out self-delusion or misconceptions term 'Wahabi' have always been against any former of Bid'a which the Prophet and his Sahabas never taught. Many have declared scholars who are totally innocent like Ibn Baz, Al-Albani, Ibn Abdulwahab, Al-Fawzân, et-al apostates and declare 'takfir' on them. This includes fellow Sunnis, majority Shias and Sufis, you just have to deal with it. Many Sunnis hate and disassociate themselves from Shia because of their blasphemous beliefs(not all Shias, some don't know). So don't blame my bro, I hope you're not among the bad Shias.

1 Like

Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by Demmzy15(m): 6:44pm On May 09, 2015
Abuamam:

Go in peace.
Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by Demmzy15(m): 6:47pm On May 09, 2015
Empiree:
I Understood this part. I went straight to the bottom line. Pardoning is always available.
Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by AlBaqir(m): 1:48pm On May 11, 2015
Demmzy15:

Na'am, Hikmah which could be translated as wisdom is talked about here.

Translating "al-Hikmah" as "wisdom" is a tip of an iceberg. Hikmah in its meaning could be "Legal law", "authority". Quran has used the word "Hikmah" in different context.
Like the word "Ayat". It has several meaning according to the Quran: it is being used as "verse" and as "sign".

You should be aware by now that Arabic word is deep in meaning and you cant just restrict a word to a particular meaning. You need to derive the meaning of a word with several meaning within a context.

Demmzy15:

And your speculations about 'Hikmah' being read is extremely weak. There is no tangible proofs from the Sunnah that 'Wisdom' revealed was once read like the Quran!

There is no speculation here brother. I have presented to you an undisputable evidence from the Qur'an that "al-Hikmah" just like the "Kitab (Quran)" was revealed and recited exclusively in the "House of the Prophet". Again Qur'an says:
And keep to mind what is RECITED in your houses of the verses of Allah and al-Hikmah...
{Surah al-Ahzab: 34}

Then, the holy Prophet (salAllahu alai wa ahlihi) in turn used to teach the Book (Qur'an) and al-Hikmah as stated in several verses of the Qur'an:
He it is who raised among the inhabitant of Mecca an Apostle from among themselves, who recites to them His verses and purifies them, and teaches them the Book and the Hikmah...
{Surah Jum'a: 2}

Demmzy15:

In fact the hadiths of Umar talking about Stoning, which is not one but many actually contradict each other. Example:-

[It is reported by] Ibn Abi Shaybah, concerning al-masahif, from al-Layth bin Sa‘d who said: The first to collect the Qur`an was Abu Bakr and Zayd bin Thabit wrote it. And people came to Zayd bin Thabit (with the portions of the Qur`an) but Zayd did not write anything (in the Qur`an) except with the testimony of two reliable witnesses. The last part of Surah Bara`ah was not found except with Khuzaymah bin Thabit. He said, “Write it, for the Messenger of God had declared the testimony of Khuzaymah equivalent to that of two men.” So he wrote it. And ‘Umar came with the verse of stoning but Zayd would not write it because ‘Umar was alone (in his testimony) (Al-Suyuti as quoted in ‘Awn al-Ma‘bud 3130)

According to this story, in the time of Abu Bakr when the Qur`an was reportedly collected no one knew about the stoning verse or no one remembered it except ‘Umar, even Abubakr who was the right-hand man of Rasulullah!

Really you have not proven the authenticity of the above Athar to start with but its a common theory as far as the "compilation theory of the Quran" is concern.

I do not believe in such theory. Qur'an was revealed in the span of 23years gradually. Each time there is a revelation, it is being penned down under the supervision of Muhammad (salAllahu alai wa ahlihi) to the fact that if a surah is revealed incomplete; and another surah is revealed afterward, the Prophet will instruct the proper arrangement by the time the former is complete in its revelation.

Interestingly, the year of death of the Prophet witnessed the descend of Jubril twice to recite for Muhammad the entire Quran, as against once in every year.

I am of the opinion that Quran was written and compiled as a Book before the demise of the Prophet (salAllahu alai wa ahlihi). When the last verse was revealed at the prophet's last hajj, he addressed the Ummah with this words:
"...I leave amongst over you two weighty things...the Book of Allah and ...

At the death-bed of the Prophet, he called for pen and paper so he could write certain document that will guide the Ummah from ever going astray. The word of Umar was:
The prophet has been overwhelmed by pain. We have the Book of Allah which is enough for us...

If Qur'an is yet to be collected (compiled), neither the prophet nor umar will ever used the word "the Book" at that stage.

So the theory that Abu bakar instructed Zayd or whoever to compile Qur'an holds no water. Its even a suicidal theory in the fact that the Prophet's main work on earth is incomplete in its compilation thereby this and that sahaba could differ on an "ayah" if its part of the Qur'an or not.

Demmzy15:

Here is another speech of 'Umar' found in Sirat e Nabiyy by Ibn Ishaq and abridged by Ibn Hishaam. Ibn Ishaq knew Ibn Shihab al-Zuhri who was a Tabi'een that narrated many hadiths(Imam Layth warned Imam Malik against this man):-

"God sent Muhammad with the truth and sent down the Book to him. Part of what God sent down was the verse of al-rajm; we recited it, we were taught it, and we memorized it. God’s Messenger did carry out stoning and so did we after him. I am afraid that with the passage of time people will say that they find no mention of al-rajm in God's Book and thus they will go astray by leaving an obligation sent down by God. Surely, al-rajm in the Book of God is laid on married men and women who commit zina` if there is direct evidence (of witnesses) or conception or confession. We also used to recite as part of the recitation of God's book: ‘Do not desire to have anscestors other than your own as it is kufr (disbelief or unthankfulness) to do so.’ Beware! The Messenger of God did say, ‘Do not praise me excessively as Jesus, son of Marry was praised, so call me God's slave and his messenger.’
The speech then continues with the political issues that motivated it in the first place (Ibn Ishaq as quoted in Ibn Hisham, p. 898-899).

This narration is very similar to the one found in Sahih Bukhari, what the bolded implies is that, the first hadith said only 'Umar' knew the Stoning verse, but the other said many knew, with the use of the pronoun "We".

Like I said before, there are many audacious claim made by Umar that were erroneous. There is nothing like Ayat Rajm in the Book (Qur'an) but its part of revelation of "al-Hikmah" which constitute the Ahkam of Islamic sharia.

None of the Sahaba ever made such claim. Only Umar was reportedly made it out of thousands of sahaba among them were memorizer and scribe of the Qur'an. Umar neither memorize Qur'an nor part of the scribe.
The Athar might be sahih in its Sanad (chain) but very weak in its Matn (content).

Demmzy15:

I don't think Stoning was revealed as 'Hikmah', from the hadiths I presented above. 'Umar' when he supposedly came with the Stoning verse, he was rejected by the scribe because it was unknown. If the scribes and other Sahabas knew about it, they'ld have just presented themselves as witnesses, but that's not the case. The Qur’an mentioned that for both married and unmarried it's flogging and the Sahabas understood.

There are many authetic ahadith (except you do not believe in ahadith as the Quranite ideologist) that proved beyond doubt that "Stoning" is prescribed for Adultery.

'Ali ibn Abi talib (alai salam) was the most knowledgeable of the Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet (salAllahu alai wa ahlihi). There are many Athar from 'Ali, directly or indirectly, that prove "stoning" as a punishment for Adultery.

Demmzy15:

Mashallah, the punishments in the Shariah are to make the society a better place. I'm proud to say that 'Stoning' has no basis, the Prophet was sent as mercy to mankind so we can reform ourselves for the betterment of the society.

I believe if "cutting of fingers/hand" as punishment for theft is not stated in the Qur'an, you will find "fault" with it as you've done for "stoning".

Try to rationalize the Islamic sharia law within their respective context. "Stoning" might be brutal as a punishment but the ruling guiding it before it can ever be mandated is difficult to achieve. Besides how can a muslim commit zina when you are allowed to practice Mut'a or Misyar or Multiple marriage?! These are mercy to this community. And beyond these should be serious punishment for whoever break the law. Yet Islam demand 4 eye-witness male to the crime before the law can ever be passed; yet, Islam goes further that whoever repent before the punishment should be left alone.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the punishment of stoning. Don't be fouled by the campigne of the enemies of Islam; and don't be carried away by certain ahadith that present the cases of punishment of zina (stoning) without any form of investigation, or oppportunity for repentace.

Demmzy15:

This is an interesting observation, why would the Prophet prevent something as sensitive as that from being written down? The Quran took care of both cases(married and unmarried), they're no interpolation in the Quran. If an issue as important as this is missing from the Quran, then my friend we as Muslims can't brag that the Quran is complete. When we analyze some issues we have to look at them from all sides, by claiming a verse of Stoning is missing is not a small matter. Allah and his Prophet have made it clear that the Quran is complete and unaltered!

Ma sha Allah. There are 10s of ahadith in both Ahlu Sunnah and Shi'a sources that prove "tahrif (distortion)" and incompleteness of the Qur'an, such ahadith and Athar no matter where they are found should be discard.

Demmzy15:

As an Ahl Sunnah(Salafi), in which some who out self-delusion or misconceptions term 'Wahabi' have always been against any former of Bid'a which the Prophet and his Sahabas never taught. Many have declared scholars who are totally innocent like Ibn Baz, Al-Albani, Ibn Abdulwahab, Al-Fawzân, et-al apostates and declare 'takfir' on them. This includes fellow Sunnis, majority Shias and Sufis, you just have to deal with it. Many Sunnis hate and disassociate themselves from Shia because of their blasphemous beliefs(not all Shias, some don't know). So don't blame my bro, I hope you're not among the bad Shias.

I don't understand what you meant by "Bad shia" and "blasphemous belief".
Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by usermane(m): 9:46pm On Jun 10, 2015
I have chosen not to revisit this topic because from a just, rational and Quranic perspective, it goes beyond saying that stoning adulterers is unjustifiable.

One wonders how stoning to death can be halved for married slave women(Qur'an 4 25) or doubled for wives of Muhammad(Qur'an 33:30) if indeed it is the Islamic penalty for adultery.

Empiree:
So I sometimes do not use mainstream view in debate. This is why many brothers here can not squash usermane. The guy is smart. But he can't crush them either. I was silently reading their arguments back and fourth last yr until i jumped in between. He had to give up on me because my method was different. He said it himself that he gave up on me. He studied and truly captured mainstream ideology and used it against them. Sorry for the long-winded post.

Abuamam:
He is a quranist. There is no difficulty in debating a quranist who accepts logical reasoning... using the correct methodology. Same with Shi'as. The reason why you were more seemingly successful is because he was less used to your system; not because you were right, and most deviant sects are trained to debate the orthodox view, while orthodox sunnis mostly do not bother specialising in debate with specific sects.

Beg your pardon! A deviant sect whose ideology is fragile and easy to counter is the one you belong. The one which bar non-Muslims from Mecca and Medina and yet endorse 'Jihad'(military aggression) against these non-Muslims outside the 'Islamic state', the one which stone adulterers but yet condones keeping concubines, hinder menstruating women from the path(Salat & Fasting) of God. A deviant sect that slanders the Prophet of pedophilia and war crimes whilst paying whilst false allegiance or respect for him is the one you belong.

See, as long as you keep trading the Qur'an for traditions of men(Hadith Books);

I "ll always be one step, three steps, seven steps ahead of you. And just when you think you are catching up, boom! That 's when i "ll be right behind you. And in no time you ''ll be exactly where i want you to be. So come close, get over me, because the closer you think you are; the less you are actually seeing. I "ll always be the smartest guy in the room.

SALAAM!
Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by Empiree: 12:00am On Jun 11, 2015
usermane:
I have chosen not to revisit this topic because from a just, rational and Quranic perspective, it goes beyond saying that stoning adulterers is unjustifiable.
How are you userman?. Are you alright?. Well, it doesnt seem your reply here is directed at me. Most likely Abuamam. It seems the brother deactivated his account temporarily. So you may not get reply soon from him.

@underlined, i dont really get what you meant. This is not about whether it's justifiable as far as I am concern. It was actually Allah's Law legislated in PREVIOUS REVEALED HOLY BOOK Tawrat & Injil. My argument was simply "stoning" was abrogated by Quran. The Law still exist in the Torah/Bible today. So you can't just conclude it's unjustifiable. That's not the point.

Beg your pardon! A deviant sect whose ideology is fragile and easy to counter is the one you belong. The one which bar non-Muslims from Mecca and Medina and yet endorse 'Jihad'(military aggression) against these non-Muslims outside the 'Islamic state', the one which stone adulterers but yet condones keeping concubines, hinder menstruating women from the path(Salat & Fasting) of God. A deviant sect that slanders the Prophet of pedophilia and war crimes whilst paying whilst false allegiance or respect for him is the one you belong.
Well, I assume this is for Abuamam as well. However, I simply disagree with underlined. No point expatiating for now. The video below should serve proper response to @ bold^. You need to be objective here. No muslim country organized army/military against non-muslims. It's rather
NGO, individual or groups. So you got that wrong. This video shows it's other way around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqBrNP9GrDU

See, as long as you keep trading the Qur'an for traditions of men(Hadith Books);
This is my point but I think you need to choose proper word @ underlined like 'proper methodology'. That's more appropriate.

I "ll always be one step, three steps, seven steps ahead of you. And just when you think you are catching up, boom! That 's when i "ll be right behind you. And in no time you ''ll be exactly where i want you to be. So come close, get over me, because the closer you think you are; the less you are actually seeing. I "ll always be the smartest guy in the room.
Ego! grin This definitely doesnt apply to me

I am in the process of posting some detail on this subject especially in response to albaqir but been lacking lately. However, i am gathering information from both sources to back my claims. And it's gonna be scholarly work. Hopefully this weekend I shall proceed. So watch out

SALAAM!
Walaikum Salaam
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bruce-fein/rand-paul-is-right-republ_b_7552956.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

2 Likes

Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by 9jaforlife: 7:54pm On Jun 11, 2015
usermane:
[size=1pt] I have chosen not to revisit this topic because from a just, rational and Quranic perspective, it goes beyond saying that stoning adulterers is unjustifiable.

One wonders how stoning to death can be halved for married slave women(Qur'an 4 25) or doubled for wives of Muhammad(Qur'an 33:30) if indeed it is the Islamic penalty for adultery.

[/size] Beg your pardon! A deviant sect whose ideology is fragile and easy to counter is the one you belong. [size=1pt] The one which bar non-Muslims from Mecca and Medina and yet endorse 'Jihad'(military aggression) against these non-Muslims outside the 'Islamic state', the one which stone adulterers but yet condones keeping concubines, [/size] (the one which) hinder menstruating women from the path(Salat & Fasting) of God. [size=1pt] A deviant sect that slanders the Prophet of pedophilia and war crimes whilst paying whilst false allegiance or respect for him is the one you belong.

SALAAM! [/size]

Are menstruating women supposed to perform salat and engage in fasting?? ??
Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by Empiree: 9:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
9jaforlife:

Are menstruating women supposed to perform salat and engage in fasting?? ??
that's what he thought. we had that discussion with him before
Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by 9jaforlife: 10:04pm On Jun 11, 2015
Empiree:
that's what he thought. we had that discussion with him before

Lobatan!!

All these 'Muslims' that think they're smarter than God, and they can do better than the Prophet (PBUH)... Na wah o! lipsrsealed
Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by usermane(m): 6:44am On Jun 12, 2015
You haven't changed Empiree. You still think you can pick me apart by judging my posts on a shallow level. That 's why i 'll always be steps ahead of you. Call it arrogance if you like.

Sahih Bukhari
Book of Salat.

Narrated by Anas bin Malik Allah's Apostle said, "I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.' And if they say so, pray like our prayers, face our Qibla and slaughter as we slaughter, then their blood and property will be sacred to us and we will not interfere with them except legally and their reckoning will be with Allah."

Narrated Maimun ibn Siyah that he asked Anas bin Malik, "O Abu Hamza! What makes the life and property of a person sacred?" He replied, "Whoever says, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah', faces our Qibla during the prayers, prays like us and eats our slaughtered animal, then he is a Muslim, and has got the same rights and obligations as other Muslims have."

One thing is clear about the age old war btw the Muslim world and the West, it was the former that started the war in the 7th century by invading Byzantine Empire; a flagrant violation of Qur'anic teachings. Up till end of the Ottoman Empire, the war continued with the Muslim world, mostly the aggressor. As usual sahih Hadith like above were huge inspiration for the aggression. Whenever orthodox Muslims want to violate the Qur'an, whether by enslaving, polytheism, killing apostates, they turn to Hadith Books.

Today, the Muslim world is at the receiving end of the war only because unlike in the middle age, they lack the military competence to defeat the West. Their repeated defeats to Israel clearly explains it. If the Muslim world had the capacity and military prowess of the West, they would have done with impunity and in the name of Islam the the same thing today 's west is doing. A leopard never change his spot.

Finally, unless of course you live on hearsay and do not believe in verses of the Qur'an that proclaim it message is detailed, barring menstruating or post natal bleeding women from salat and fasting is as good as hindering people from the path of God, deal with that.
Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by Empiree: 7:00am On Jun 12, 2015
^Your first two paragraphs and hadith you quoted are not related to this subject. I am sure it was addressed before. I advice you to keep that off this thread. Plus you didn't get the point i raised when you brought this up months ago. You are not capable of differentiating the two Christianity. There are two Christianity damn it. Don't you get it?. The one secular Ottoman attacked for yrs is not the same Christianity attacking Muslims today. This is another topic. Open a thread on it and let's exchange views.

Hadith you quoted however is solitary.

And you have changed usermane?. Let's see if you are ahead.
Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by tintingz(m): 11:08am On Jun 12, 2015
Interesting post by my Muslim brothers.

...and i will hold on Empiree and Demmzy15 view on "stoning adulterer(which cannot be found in the Quran)", the Quran should be the final judge.

1 Like

Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by Demmzy15(m): 6:28pm On Jun 12, 2015
tintingz:
Interesting post by my Muslim brothers.

...and i will hold on Empiree and Demmzy15 view on "stoning adulterer(which cannot be found in the Quran)", the Quran should be the final judge.
Masha Allah brother.
Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by Empiree: 6:09am On Jun 15, 2015
His analysis makes sense on early and late marriage (sheik in white).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFI-nkiIy4o
Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by AlBaqir(m): 9:36am On Jun 15, 2015
Empiree:
His analysis makes sense on early and late marriage (sheik in white).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFI-nkiIy4o

What's Sheik Imran Hussein's view on Rajm?
Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by Empiree: 10:29am On Jun 15, 2015
AlBaqir:

What's Sheik Imran Hussein's view on Rajm?
My bad. I said on this thread that i was going to write my research on this subject (Abrogation and Rajam) here this weekend but i changed my mind because it may not sit well with some muslims. As for Sheik imran, he appears to fault the narration as well with dynamic explanation that you can reason with. I think this video better explains his position. It's only 40 minutes. I implore others to watch this too. I haven't watch this though. Please let me know if this is the correct video bcuz I am not too sure as this is titled 'abrogation'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQHuzRc2lwk&index=11&list=WL

However, my personal opinion that i wanted to voiced before I retreated was that since rajm is not our Law, it belongs to Judeo/Christian and it's still in their Book. Therefore, "Hikma" - wisdom as you argued earlier, should be Ulama should apply "Rajam" on Jews and Christians living in Muslim countries. Especially folks bashing Islam on NL like truthman, truthgod, ifean, basiclino, channls, and others.

It's their Law. And if they claim Jesus abolished it, Ulama (jury) should simply quote their holy Book where Jesus himself is quoted to have said he did not come to abolish the law or the prophet but to fulfill it. That should be their hikm and that's hukmAllah ta'la on them.

I do not deny the incidents reported in the ahadith regarding ordering stoning to death of adulterers. My concern is the hadith does not say if the events(stoning) took place before or after verse of the Quran i:e flogging was revealed. It appers that Rosullah applied old law because Tawrat was still in effect including qibla (Jerusalem)

I swear lots of christian will deny their faith and prefer islam sharp sharp. Thats another form of Dawah. I was going to respond to your post to demmz15 but I decided to ignore. Anyways, i think this video and little note here should respond to that.
Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by Demmzy15(m): 1:08am On Jun 17, 2015
Empiree:
My bad. I said on this thread that i was going to write my research on this subject (Abrogation and Rajam) here this weekend but i changed my mind because it may not sit well with some muslims. As for Sheik imran, he appears to fault the narration as well with dynamic explanation that you can reason with. I think this video better explains his position. It's only 40 minutes. I implore others to watch this too. I haven't watch this though. Please let me know if this is the correct video bcuz I am not too sure as this is titled 'abrogation'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQHuzRc2lwk&index=11&list=WL

However, my personal opinion that i wanted to voiced before I retreated was that since rajm is not our Law, it belongs to Judeo/Christian and it's still in their Book. Therefore, "Hikma" - wisdom as you argued earlier, should be Ulama should apply "Rajam" on Jews and Christians living in Muslim countries. Especially folks bashing Islam on NL like truthman, truthgod, ifean, basiclino, channls, and others.

It's their Law. And if they claim Jesus abolished it, Ulama (jury) should simply quote their holy Book where Jesus himself is quoted to have said he did not come to abolish the law or the prophet but to fulfill it. That should be their hikm and that's hukmAllah ta'la on them.

I do not deny the incidents reported in the ahadith regarding ordering stoning to death of adulterers. My concern is the hadith does not say if the events(stoning) took place before or after verse of the Quran i:e flogging was revealed. It appers that Rosullah applied old law because Tawrat was still in effect including qibla (Jerusalem)

I swear lots of christian will deny their faith and prefer islam sharp sharp. Thats another form of Dawah. I was going to respond to your post to demmz15 but I decided to ignore. Anyways, i think this video and little note here should respond to that.
Mashallah, I equally don't have time to reply him. Wallahi, everything is clear!

1 Like

Re: Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death by AlBaqir(m): 8:27pm On Sep 03, 2015
Is stoning to death for adulterers really part of Islamic code of punishment?

@Empiree I have been keeping myself real busy searching for views on the subject above. Contrary to my initial submissions, I review certain arguments and continue my search rather than concluding as before.

1. The two sects (both Sunni and Shii) have "Sahih" ahadith which stressed that "ayat rajm" existed in the Qur'an. Whichever way the ahadith reported it, the bottom line is there is nothing like that ayah any longer in the Quran.

2. Sunni claimed the ayah was erased (abrogated) but the punishment is still intact. This argument as said initially is weak because whenever a verse is erased or caused to be forgotten, a better or equivalent ayah is revealed to replace it and the new hukm is implemented {Q.2:106}. Sunni failed woefully to point out the replacement of "ayat rajm" if at all it was once part of the Quran but erased.

3. What about countless Sahih ahadith which showed stoning was practised? Here I agreed with Sheik Imran Hussein that those events probably occurred before Surah Nur: 2 was revealed. Meaning whatever the punishment was for adultery before, this new revelation abrogated it and established a new law in flogging for whoever commit ZINA.

4. Quran emphatically used the word ZINA which includes both fornication and adultery.

5. Here comes the problem which Sheik Imran failed to tackle (in the video above): Should we believe that the events of stoning in those ahadith occurred before revelation of surah nur:2, what about several athar (saying and practices post prophet) on stoning attributed to the so-called "Khulafau rashidun (rightly guided caliphs)? Were they deviant of Allah's legislation?

For now I need answers and views. I have sent series of mails to several scholars home and abroad, both Sunni and Shia, on this subject. When I watched a true life story film {the stoning of Suraya}, I get a gist of practicality of "stoning to death". Very horrible and terrifying. And I ask myself, what is the philosophy of this punishment?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Muslim Women Are Reformists, And Not Sextoys - Sisters’ Circle Of Muslim Student / 10 Categories Of People That Visit The Mosque During Ramadan. / Islamic View On Artificial Insemination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 206
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.