Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,816 members, 7,956,081 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:04 AM

10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI (55276 Views)

Top 10 Businesses You Can Do To Survive Recession In Nigeria / Businesses That Can Never Go Out Of Fashion / 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by Nobody: 10:54am On May 06, 2015
Hahaha..,nice. Write up OP bt if d change wil affect sectors like housing and road contraction etc it's not a gud change cuz one of the basic infrastructures the govt wil provide for her citizens are Education, housing and guwd roads soo if that is not achieved or efforts are not made to achieve that..then it's a failed govt
Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by Nobody: 10:54am On May 06, 2015
Yahoo boys too will also be affected
No international money transfer

1 Like

Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by grandstar(m): 10:55am On May 06, 2015
osile2012:

[b]2, Contractors

By contractors, i mean road and building contractors. The budget of the ministry of works has been slashed by more than 50%. This means that fewer roads and houses will be built. Maintenance will even be reduced as the budget would hardly pay salaries . So Contractors will have to find an alternative source of funding .

This is also wrong. It will experience a boom.

The ACN wing of APC is known for infrastructure spending whether it be Aregbesola, Amosun or Fashola. Also some non ACN like Kwankwaso also spend heavily in infrastructure.

Also, the CBN governor has suggested the government sell its stake in the multinational joint ventures it has with the oil companies. This can raise has much as $75billion if only a fraction is sold

They are also known for borrowing. There will borrow heavily and pour the funds into infrastructural spending.

The building crane will be the new national bird

2 Likes

Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by ThundrCork(m): 10:55am On May 06, 2015
e make sense
Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by ishaq86: 10:57am On May 06, 2015
GMB will surely cut down d cost of governance, starting from himself and his close aides. He will not entertain anything dat is less important. Nigeria is presently in d age of declining revenues, to meet up its budget many unneccesary expenditures most be cut down.
Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by eaglechild: 10:58am On May 06, 2015
If Buhari revamps the economy as he promised then legitimate businesses like real estate, car dealerships etc have no reason to suffer.
Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by Yomboy4ever(m): 11:01am On May 06, 2015
No more Business as Usual PDP shey una see una life outside? Se e ri aiye yin Lode? Baba carry on Jare GMB 2019 already on my Mind..
Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by edgyslim: 11:02am On May 06, 2015
ellechrystal:
Lol, igbo (weed)business ho suffer o, all those quoting me, Abeg o. I no mean igbo tribe o, I meant weed sellers o.

The abeg o part of ur post really got me laughing. You no want make them lions wey dey here devour you. Lol.
Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by ellechrystal(f): 11:02am On May 06, 2015
nwadiuko1:
why not just pretend to be reasonable.even if you are not?
N with this u r reasonable? I doubt.

1 Like

Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by ellechrystal(f): 11:03am On May 06, 2015
edgyslim:

The abeg o part of ur post really got me laughing. You no want make them lions wey dey here devour you. Lol.
Them been don devour me o. One insulted me o.
Ha, I call weed igbo. Am used to it, I just typed it innocently o. They came for me, I had to edit asap.
Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by osile2012: 11:08am On May 06, 2015
grandstar:

Real Estate may boom.

If interest rates can plummet to single digit rates like 6-8%, then mortgage lending will see a boom and property construction with and the real estate industry will be transformed.

People will stop buying land and then build but rather buy flats or duplexes with mortgages. Real estate developers will be smiling to the bank!

It will soar to such an extent that Dangote will be unable to meet the surge in demand.

It is ridiculous that people borrow money here at 20- 25% on a mortgage.

[size=15pt]How will real estate boom, when everybody is selling ? A friend of mine who is an agent contacted a politician for a property. The politician told him, he too has 2 properties for sale. An those 2 properties were sold to him by my friend.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by 9jatatafo(m): 11:11am On May 06, 2015
OP you thinks GMB is a saint? Sponsors like the Jagaban and Amaechi are corrupt and you think these men will not influence GMB. Waiting and watching.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by Ghost01(m): 11:13am On May 06, 2015
11. Thuggery and Militancy.
An end to granting amnesty to criminals is in sight.
Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by Nobody: 11:13am On May 06, 2015
ichidodo:
Look at this mumu op....Does he not know right now that there is a staggering amount of electoral financial booty floating about in our local hemiphere?? With the vapid rate of inflation going on,all booty stakeholders are in a mad rush to preserve value via Real Estates,Gold,Dollars even fuel...Look at Thieffnubu for instance.
ichidodo:
[color=#1980BC] Look at this mumu op....Does he not know right now that there is a staggering amount of electoral financial booty floating about in our local hemiphere?? With the vapid rate of inflation going on,all booty stakeholders are in a mad rush to preserve value via Real Estates,Gold,Dollars even fuel...Look at Thieffnubu for instance.
[/color]SEE THIS OLODO SELF[color=#1980BC]
Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by osile2012: 11:22am On May 06, 2015
Missmossy:
This Op sounds somehow like you don't want things to get better. If such businesses become affected and Nigeria moves forward then so be it. Afterall corruption and embezzlement of public funds is the order of the day.

Positive changes are fully welcomed. Lets see how it goes grin

[size=15pt]Dont Get me wrong dear, I do wish for things to get better in Nigeria. But for things to get better, we must make sacrifices. I believe GMB is willing to make things better, but during the process Nigerians will cry. Its like a woman who wants a child, the idea of a little child playing around the house is fun, but the 9 months process is not fun .

I said these businesses will suffer under buhari because he will be the one taking over soon. The same would have happened if GEJ won,but the masses would feel heat more under GEj .
The fact remains that Nigeria is short of cash, the finance minister has always been honest about this and advised Nigerians to prepare for it. I am simply advising those involved in these areas to adjust in preparation. Let them not think it is business as usual, or that those coming in under APC will be spending like those in the past. Both PDP and APC politicians will reduce there spending because the National Cake is much smaller now.

Buhari will be strict and i believe will work in the interest of Nigerians, But while he is fixing the country, both the rich and the poor will feel the heat, of-course the poor will suffer more while the fixing is going on.

So if you are a car dealer, instead of bringing in 10 cars that cost from 10m upwards each, it will be better you bring in more of those from 800k to 2.5m which will be easier to buy for the common man.

Also find ways to implement installment payment, as most people will find it difficult bringing out bulk cash in months to come.

So while we wait for Buhari to fix Nigeria, We should prepare to make sacrifices .
[/size]

1 Like

Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by MrIyke222(m): 11:22am On May 06, 2015
Nomatter hw bad d economy of d jungle, d Lion cannever eat grass! Let all d Lion here joine nd say ‘YEA.....’

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by osile2012: 11:26am On May 06, 2015
MrIyke222:
Nomatter hw bad d economy of d jungle, d Lion cannever eat grass!
Let all d Lion here joine nd say ‘YEA.....’

[size=15pt]YEA grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by Missmossy(f): 11:26am On May 06, 2015
osile2012:

[size=15pt]Dont Get me wrong dear, I do wish for things to get better in Nigeria. But for things to get better, we must make sacrifices. I believe GMB is willing to make things better, but during the process Nigerians will cry. Its like a woman who wants a child, the idea of a little child playing around the house is fun, but the 9 months process is not fun .

I said these businesses will suffer under buhari because he will be the one taking over soon. These same would have happened if GEJ won,but the masses would feel heat more under GEj .
The fact remains that Nigeria is short of cash, the finance minister has always been honest about this and advised Nigerians to prepare for it. I am simply advising those involved in these areas to adjust in preparation. Let them not think it is business as usual, or that those coming in under APC will be spending like those in the past. Both PDP and APC politicians will reduce there spending because the National Cake is much smaller now.

Buhari will be strict and i believe will work in the interest of Nigerians, But while he is fixing the country, both the rich and the poor will feel the heat, of-course the poor will suffer more for a while the fixing is going on.

So if you are a car dealer, instead of bringing in 10 cars that cost from 10m upwards each, it will be better you bring in more of those from 800k to 2.5m which will be easier to buy for the common man.

Also find ways to implement installment payment, as most people will find it difficult bringing out bulk cash in months to come.

So will we wait for Buhari to fix Nigeria, We should prepare to make sacrifices .
[/size]
True, i agree. Lets just be very patient. We shouldn't expect miracles as corruption has eaten deep in our system already. It is well.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by Ameboperoo(m): 11:27am On May 06, 2015
Nobody mentioned police road block business angry angry cheesy
Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by gemini35(m): 11:31am On May 06, 2015
ellechrystal:
Lol, igbo (weed)business ho suffer o, all those quoting me, Abeg o. I no mean igbo tribe o, I meant weed sellers o.
babe u dey weed,lol? Na 50 naira na is nt. Cost like cocaine,ladies and guys go afford that one,
Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by Nobody: 11:34am On May 06, 2015
8, Runs girls
You people are already complaining that the sugar chairmen are becoming stingy because of election. Now that most have lost, you will see the real stingyness. They will begin to appreciate their wives. Those that use to dash u 100,000 a night, might start to pay 10k. And if you say you wont take, hunger will kill you.

This is fvcking hysterics cheesy

You dey crase o
Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by Billygee2u: 11:40am On May 06, 2015
Ariel20:

Mr robot, did you read through or you just skimmed and typed as usual. If those businesses would be affected as a result of the decrease in koro-koro stealing then so be it.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ; grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by m1500: 11:50am On May 06, 2015
osile2012:

Well i will stop here, but one thing is sure. Save your cash, you will be surprised at what you will be able to buy with little. You might be able to buy a mansion with 1.5m .

Thanks for this: well thought out! I'm a bit concerned about savings at this time with the possible further devaluation of the Naira. Divergent views are most welcome.
Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by chigoizie7(m): 12:03pm On May 06, 2015
Lol

No 8 though, which means enuf kitty cats to go around for guys @ a very cheaper rate,

Kkikikikikikikikikikiki

#quotemeandgetKleg
Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by maxxy22: 12:04pm On May 06, 2015
If your business is honest business then it is time for your business to excel.
Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by YoungExec: 12:09pm On May 06, 2015
@OP
Are APC member not Politicians? Won't they be in power? You have to review your post in light of the fact that PDP is out but APC (still a Party of Politicians) is in.
Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by chidile: 12:10pm On May 06, 2015
hmm,I am laughing..,I crossed my leg,many things are being expected from Buhari.'my question is this.....will he cope..? will he be able to satisfy Nigerian wants...? What of many hard men surrounding him..? Can he be able to side track them...just like that..? people that made president...remember...? Remember we are in democracy...and not autocracy....?...hmmm,I laugh.
Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by minwafor: 12:16pm On May 06, 2015
It is either the writer was being funny or plainly mischevious. All these vices are not only in the exclusive domain of the pdp. There are also corrupt, morally inept and wayward politicians in the new incoming administration.

I was thinking you will emphasise more on business like imported textile, rice, sugar, tin tomatoes, footwars, pubs and frozen meat etc. I agree that federal politicans may cut their spending but the state governors are emperors in their own world. You dare not dictate to them in their own turf.
Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by leonshom(m): 12:30pm On May 06, 2015
Babalawo business cool Herbalist
Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by LasoulMacuby(m): 12:38pm On May 06, 2015
ichidodo:
Look at this mumu op....Does he not know right now that there is a staggering amount of electoral financial booty floating about in our local hemiphere?? With the vapid rate of inflation going on,all booty stakeholders are in a mad rush to preserve value via Real Estates,Gold,Dollars even fuel...Look at Thieffnubu for instance.
All the grammar you just wrote above justifies your not having sense.
Every second a mumu is born

1 Like

Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by stigman(m): 12:52pm On May 06, 2015
Nonsense, na now money go even dey all you just mentioned, do we have a new set of politicians = NO, the same old fools
Re: 10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI by goodgate: 1:36pm On May 06, 2015
osile2012:

[size=15pt]They will be the most affected.[/size]
. There are very rich businessmen that have nothting to do with politics or government contracts that will still patronize most of those businesses outlined. Like my boss imports babes for shagging, they are actually lodged now at the WHEATBAKER ikoyi, i hear he pays these runs babes as much as a thousand five hundred dollars per shot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures From The Burial Of O.B. Lulu Briggs / Lady Advertises Her Goods With Music And Dance In Market (Photos) / PHOTO: NNPC Doesn't Sell Fuel Into Kegs; See What Man Does

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.