Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Canada 2015: ‘blame NFF If Falcons Fail’ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Canada 2015: ‘blame NFF If Falcons Fail’ (384 Views)

Toni Payne To Play For Nigeria Super Falcons / Injured Super Falcons Defender Onome Who Had Surgery Steps Out In Style(pics) / NFF Proposes N524m For Canada 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Canada 2015: ‘blame NFF If Falcons Fail’ by terzurum5(m): 9:59am On May 06, 2015
Canada 2015: ‘Blame NFF If Falcons Fail’
Chairman of Save Women Football Foundation, Moses Bako has said the Nigeria Football Federation should be ready to accept the blame should the country’s senior female national team fail to do well at the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Canada.
He expressed his disappointment over the inability of the football house to organise Grade A international friendlies for the Falcons who will begin 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup campaign against Sweden on June 8.
Nigeria’s Group D opponents, Australia have resumed camp on January 12 and two-time winners USA have completed four phases of training camp since January 5 in California while Sweden have played several grade A friendly games.
According to Bako, the reigning African queens are prepared for the championship but are ill prepared.
“[Super Falcons] are ready but not prepared enough for the tournament,” Bako told Goal.
“The Coach to the best of my knowledge has done all that he can do and the NFF is not really interested in the girls.
“Super Falcons are drawn in the group of death and the Nigeria Football Federation has already condemned them to death,” he lamented.
“[NFF] has failed to organize grade A international friendlies for the team and failed to work on the release of some of the players called to camp by the handlers.
“In my honest opinion, the present NFF has no plans for female football in Nigeria and since there is not much funds, they are just waiting to push the girls to the World Cup to mark register and come home after the first round.”
He concluded, predicting a gloomy outing for the African representative at the championship owing to ill-preparation.
“I don’t know the magic to be done but I know the ability of these players if they have been prepared well.”

(1) (Reply)

David De Gea Could Leave Manchester United This Summer / Steven Gerrard Paid Glowing Tribute By Jose Mourinho Before Their Final Showdown / Jordan Ibe Wants To Emulate Steven Gerrard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.