Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,042 members, 7,953,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:26 AM

Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng (33692 Views)

How Buhari Traded NNPC GMD Position for Campaign Funding - Nigeriantimes.ng / Maryln Ogar Demoted, Recalled From Study Leave - Nigeriantimes / 'NUC Declares Aisha Buhari’s Certificate Fraudulent' - Nigeriantimes.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by Marchman: 10:26am On May 06, 2015
There are fears that after its inauguration, the Government of Gen Muhammadu Buhari may implement a strict dress code for reporters covering activities of Government House, Aso Villa in Abuja.

Some reporters told Nigerian Times that media aides of the President-elect had complained about the dressing of female journalists covering him.

A reporter who chooses not to be identified for fear of being victimised said aides of the President-elect warned her and her colleagues that when the General is sworn in they would not tolerate ‘anyhow dressing’ by female journalists.

According to her, the aide said they were not comfortable with the manner of dressing by the reporters who cover the activities of the President-elect, explaining that they were not modest. “He said the General would not tolerate indecent dressing.

“I don’t know what constitutes indecent dressing. I was well dressed as far as I am concerned. I wore a trouser and a nice top and my cleavages were not exposed.

“They probably were not comfortable with a woman wearing trousers or the fact that I didn’t cover my hair. But I’m not a Muslim and we didn’t experience such issues working with the current President,” the senior journalist said.

Gen Buhari who was elected in April has already run into controversy when his aides bar AIT, Nigeria’s leading private television, from covering his activities.

The ban was only lifted after an outcry from the media.

http://nigeriantimes.ng/news/exclusive-buhari-set-to-implement-dress-code-for-journalists-covering-villa/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by agarawu23(m): 10:27am On May 06, 2015
There are fears that after its inauguration, the Government of Gen Muhammadu Buhari may implement astrict dress code for reporters coveringactivities of Government House, Aso Villa in Abuja.

MAY so is not sure yet.

but come to think of it, the Villa is not a hotel where ladies will dress like "aristo"

when you hear "change" undecided you think say na joke?

206 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by tayebest(m): 10:29am On May 06, 2015
Good move...

35 Likes

Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by austinesteve(m): 10:29am On May 06, 2015
is this part of the change?

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by Nobody: 10:29am On May 06, 2015
I talk am
Let d sharia cum islamization of naija begin
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation
I pray and hope we won't regret voting out transformation

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by kodded(m): 10:34am On May 06, 2015
undecided

Jklue007:
GMB BabaOneChance my HERO!
AMEACHI JUDAS my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA SHEKAU my GUY!!!
. fixed cool

37 Likes

Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by Marchman: 10:35am On May 06, 2015
Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by Princecalm(m): 10:58am On May 06, 2015
Things will be done in an orderly manner.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by itiswell247: 10:59am On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I talk am
Let d sharia cum islamization of naija begin
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation
I pray and hope we won't regret voting out transformation

OK, you people should wait and see the change, very soon all the governors will be covering veil from head to toe, before they can visit
Aso Villa. HE who rejected Goodluck should expect the opposite, He who Rejected Jonathan should expect Absalom.

36 Likes

Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by Nobody: 11:12am On May 06, 2015
GMB my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!

37 Likes

Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by ichidodo: 11:36am On May 06, 2015
Since the illiterate islamic jihad nomad couldn't get his way infringing on Nigerians right to free speech,well he is at liberty to restrict,ban or change our formal dress code to an islamic sharia code as practiced in the Islamic Republic of Iran and other Arab countries-we are all privy to the atrocities and hypocritis perpetrated under hijabs and other acts of islamic piety or sharia, whatever that means-....Won't surprise anyone if these same hijabs and burgahs become a staple in his corridors.That is if women rights are allowed and not suppressed as it is a common thing in the islamic north.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by Nobody: 11:41am On May 06, 2015
I don't want to believe this news... If true, Buhari should be reminded that he is the President-lect of Nigeria and not an Islamic Country.

MODIFIED...

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by Nobody: 11:48am On May 06, 2015
No more tight fittings grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by hotswagg12: 11:50am On May 06, 2015
Okay
Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by PassingShot(m): 11:50am On May 06, 2015
Good move if it is to ensure decent dressing such that female reporters don't go and begin to expose cleavage to the president.

This era is different from that of GEJ who enjoys staring at bosoms of every lady!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by Pita99(m): 11:50am On May 06, 2015
Nigeria is not a Muslim Nation Buhari, try that Nonsense and u wont last in that Villa undecided .We say NO Jihadists angry

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by Elslim: 11:50am On May 06, 2015
ahn ahn una no de taya, buhari dis buhari dat.... hiya

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by shaboti: 11:51am On May 06, 2015
Lolzzz
Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by naijainfogalery: 11:51am On May 06, 2015
Nigerian journalist

This is why i love CNN - CNN would have put it this way, Buhari may introduce dress code for journalist, not this one i see here, he hasnt even addressed it, its his over zealous aides, Plus all my life i have never granted interview to any journalist until one day as i was going through ikeja then this lovely journalist stopped me, till today i still dont know why i stopped but i knew those exposed booobs got some supernatural powers that kept me standing throughout the question and answer period.

Baba dont let them confuse you with those booobs, same way Seyi Shay wore pants she called short dress to visit Jonathan and GEJ had to cross his leg throughout the 1 hour interview to prevent his kingdom from rising up . baba pls ban anything that would make you mis focus

[img]http://4.bp..com/-jz2I2J-q0o0/VPpN0tmz4AI/AAAAAAABlIs/p_-0ItBS8Bw/s1600/seyi%2Bshay%2Bjona.jpg[/img]

125 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by yommyphresh(m): 11:51am On May 06, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by omanifrank(m): 11:52am On May 06, 2015
e clear
Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by Buonsenso: 11:52am On May 06, 2015
Either another lie to bring in traffic or the works of an overzealous Buhari media team.
i saw an interview he did with Mo Abudu and she was wearing a short skirt; he still did the interview. I want credible sources and not someone hiding under anonymity to create problems.

The issues of Nigeria are much and Buhari himself will have limited contact with media people; briefings are mostly done by ministers after FEC session and not the President. on days the president speaks directly to the media such as the monthly media chat, its usually done with respectable men and women of the media houses.

but of course, common sense is not common, people want to believe what they want because it fits into their prejudice; just like some will believe Wole Soyinka, who was imprisoned for trying to stop the Biafra war and kept in solitary confinement for over 12 months in a Nigerian jail and who understands the dangers of generalization, will at almost 80 years go to Harvard and abuse the whole of the igbo race, when by his works and writing he has always supported PLURALISM AND THE POWER OF CHOICE.
This is a man that has consistently said, people should be allowed to worship, travel, date and marry whoever they choose.
He has not just said and talked but actually lived by his principles in a world where TALK IS CHEAP.
I have attached pictures for those who dont believe until they see pictures and am working to bring out the video link of the whole Harvard discussion, I only hope bi.gots are humble enough to apologize, when the evidence overwhelms them.

I am neither ibo or yoruba but a Nigerian who tries to be objective.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by RobinHez(m): 11:52am On May 06, 2015
i never knew journalists have started going to the beer parlour to source for news...angry

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by Nobody: 11:52am On May 06, 2015
Of course....a good idea.

A better idea would be getting Nigeria off oil.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by intergral(m): 11:53am On May 06, 2015
No be small drama we go see o... Naso this Journalist dey take display their selling point for all this big men for Aso villa so that they go collect their numbers start chop government money.... #abi baba j*Yst*ck dey very sensitive... Any way I see nothing islamic about it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by hertheytheydgee(m): 11:53am On May 06, 2015
I smell change, can you percieve it? That's why jonathan said there are boko harams in aso rock but couldn't fish them out. Its a good developement, only those who reflect will understand
[color=#000099][/color]

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:53am On May 06, 2015
cool
Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by xynerise: 11:53am On May 06, 2015
It has begun grin
Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by ceejayluv(m): 11:54am On May 06, 2015
Grandpa's aides are getting more overzealous by the day....

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Set Implement Dress Code For Journalists Covering Villa- NigerianTimes.ng by anonimi: 11:54am On May 06, 2015
Joblessness na im dey worry this Daura President.

Some reporters told Nigerian Times that media aides of the President-elect had complained about the dressing of female journalists covering him.

A reporter who chooses not to be identified for fear of being victimised said aides of the President-elect warned her and her colleagues that when the General is sworn in they would not tolerate ‘anyhow dressing’ by female journalists.

According to her, the aide said they were not comfortable with the manner of dressing by the reporters who cover the activities of the President-elect, explaining that they were not modest. “He said the General would not tolerate indecent dressing.

As from May 29, Nigeria will do a CHANGE of name to BuhariSTAN where Sharia is supreme embarassed embarassed

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2094761_b60ddvicqaawwfb_jpegcaf20b03a32f629134f4358ff7cc86a2

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Loss Triggered Biafra Agitations, Says Adesina / Bonaventure Enemali, Igala Man Appointed As Commissioner In Anambra State / Murray-Bruce's Reaction To Buhari's Appointment Of Media Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.