Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Oparanozie & Umotong Arrive For Rio 2016 Olympic Qualifier - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oparanozie & Umotong Arrive For Rio 2016 Olympic Qualifier (414 Views)

Childhood Picture Of Desire Oparanozie As A Footballer / Desire Oparanozie Battered During AWCON Match / Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oparanozie & Umotong Arrive For Rio 2016 Olympic Qualifier by terzurum5(m): 10:32am On May 06, 2015
Oparanozie & Umotong Arrive for Rio 2016 Olympic Qualifier.
The Super Falcons duo has hit camp ahead of the qualifying match against their opponents from Mali for a final berth the Rio 2016 Olmypics
By Samuel Ahmadu
May 5, 2015 18:16:35Nigeria duo of Desire Oparanozie and Iniabasi Umotong have arrived the Super Falcons camp ahead of the crucial final qualifying round, first leg clash for the Rio 2016 Olympics against Mali.
France-based forward Oparanozie and England-based striker Umotong both hit camp on Monday evening with five days away from the Super Falcons' showdown with Mali which is scheduled for May 9 at the National Stadium, Abuja.
The 2014 Africa Women Championship golden boot winner, who starred in En Avant de Guingamp's 2-1 win at Asptt Albi in France on Saturday before linking up with her country's national teammates on Monday, admits delight at being back as she targets the visitors' scalp.
“It’s always a great feeling to be part of the team anytime. It’s always exciting and there is this relief whenever I join my teammates in camp and I am always happy playing for my country," Oparanozie said.
“I’m not going to say the number of goals we’ll score against Mali but one thing is sure and that is victory. We are definitely going to win," she assured.
Despite missing the All African Games qualifier against Mali, Umotong, who netted her first goal for Nigeria in the Super Falcons' 3-0 win over Confluence Queens in a friendly in March, said she is excited at her return to the national team.
The former England youth international, who scored in Portsmouth Ladies' 3-1 win over QPR Ladies in the Southern English Women League last Saturday, insists the Super Falcons will molest the Malians again.
"It's nice to be back. I was looking forward to it all through back home in England and I am really excited to be back," Umotong said.
"I’m optimistic we will win because I have seen Mali and know how they play. I believe we are a stronger team so it's a win for Super Falcons,” Umotong concluded.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Petr Cech's Possible Destination / Chile Qualify For Copa America Final / Sportalys Sports Bet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.