Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,355 members, 7,829,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Floyd Mayweather Has Agreed To Fight Manny Pacquiao In A Rematch - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather Has Agreed To Fight Manny Pacquiao In A Rematch (482 Views)

Anthony Joshua Pictured With Floyd Mayweather And Crew / Which Channel Will Show Mayweather Vs Pacquiao In Nigeria? / Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Floyd Mayweather Has Agreed To Fight Manny Pacquiao In A Rematch by folik121: 11:36am On May 06, 2015
Floyd Mayweather has agreed to fight Manny Pacquiao in a rematch fight in a year's time, according to reports in the United States.
The American fighter beat the Filipino on points in a hotly-anticipated fight in Las Vegas on the weekend.
And now Mayweather is said to have told ESPN journalist Stephen A. Smith that we would be willing to fight Pacquiao again - once he recoveres from shoulder surgery to repair a tear in his rotator cuff.
"I will fight him in a year after his surgery," Mayweather is reported to have told Smith in a text message.
The move is something of an about turn for Mayweather, who said after the fight: "My last fight is in September, and then it's time for me to hang it up."

Meanwhile Pacquiao's legal woes continue as he is being sued in US court for allegedly not disclosing his shoulder injury.
Two people in Nevada filed a lawsuit on Tuesday against Pacquiao, alleging the boxer defrauded ticket buyers, television viewers and gamblers by failing to disclose a pre-bout shoulder injury ahead of his fight against Mayweather.
The lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court in Nevada and seeks status as a class action. It asks for all relief allowed by law.
The fighter could already be in legal hot water after failing to disclose his shoulder injury before his fight.
The Filipino lost Saturday's clash in Vegasby unanimous decision, but complained of a shoulder problem in the aftermath of the defeat.
In a pre-fight questionnaire, one of the questions read: "Have you had any injury to your shoulders, elbows, or hands that needed evaluation or examination? If yes, explain..." Pacquiao ticked 'no'.
The only things Pacquiao disclosed in the questionnaire were the medicines which he had taken in the last month.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Has Agreed To Fight Manny Pacquiao In A Rematch by mohammad11: 11:46am On May 06, 2015
This rematch won‘t gather much bruhaha as the first. [s] [/s] But i think the devil is playing his cards on mayweather‘s unbeaten.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Has Agreed To Fight Manny Pacquiao In A Rematch by geez18(m): 12:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
the lust for money is too strong to contain for mayweather.if he goes back to the ring he will find himself on the canvas.

(1) (Reply)

I Should Have Listened To John Terry – Mark Bosnich / Justin Gatlin & Pablo Pichardo Go For More Records In Rome! / I Passionately Want To Buy Arsenal FC - Dangote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.