Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,520 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President (40522 Views)

Ben Bruce Joins Dickson To Celebrate 5th Anniversary As Bayelsa Governor / Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! / Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by lalasticlala(m): 12:06pm On May 06, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday marked his fifth anniversary as a substantive President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Jonathan, following the death of former President Umaru Yar’Adua and his declaration as Acting President through the doctrine of necessity introduced by the National Assembly, became substantive President on 6th of May, 2010.

President Jonathan, who arrived for the weekly Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting took all the Ministers in attendance by surprise.
After the national anthem and national pledge have been rendered, Jonathan threw a poser at the Ministers that one of them was marking his birthday and the national prayer would be replaced by prayers by Christian and Muslim members before the Council can settle for the business of the day.

The Ministers looked round at one another in awe to see the particular Minister who was marking his birthday.
When they didn’t know the name of the person, the President then reminded them that 6th of May, 2015 marks his 5th year anniversary as substantive President.

They all responded by clapping before the Minister of Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo said the Christian prayer while the Minister of State for Finance, Bashir Yuguda said the Muslim prayer.

After the national pledge, Jonathan said: “Today, we will not say the national prayer. Somebody is celebrating birthday so we will offer special prayers for him. Two very Godly people will pray, Nebo and Yuguda. Do you know the person?”

When they could not answer, he said: “On May 6, exactly five years today, I was sworn-in as substantive President.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/drama-as-jonathan-marks-5th-anniversary-as-president/

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by ozoigbondu: 12:07pm On May 06, 2015
GEJ my hero!!!!Wike my role model!!! cheesy

116 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by midolian(m): 12:07pm On May 06, 2015
And what are his achievements, if I may ask undecided

justi4jesu:

Google is free, use it. angry angry
Google isn't bringing me results angry angry

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by justi4jesu(f): 12:08pm On May 06, 2015
midolian:
And what are his achievements, if I may ask?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 06, 2015
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation
I pray and hope we won't regret voting out transformation

Sir, d nigerian youths failed ya by not supporting u, pls forgive dem
U did so many tinz for dis great nation, may God give ya more grace as ya go international
In all sector, ya foot prints will always be dere, as a reminder for oda leaders to be on their toes

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by seunmsg(m): 12:11pm On May 06, 2015
What's there to celebrate in five years of meaningless transformation? Someone should please tell Jonathan that majority of Nigerians can't wait for May 29 to come. He has done more than enough damage to our economy and we can't wait to see him off to Otuoke.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by naijainfogalery: 12:11pm On May 06, 2015
lool
Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by DickDastardly(m): 12:11pm On May 06, 2015
God bless JONA

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 06, 2015
God Bless The Most Democratic President Nigeria has ever produced. God Bless the Global renowned Statesman and democratic icon. God Bless Goodluck Jonathan

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 06, 2015
undecided embarassed
They forgot?? Hian! He has not even left and they have started suffering from amnesia?? Tufiakwa ndi mmadu!! undecided angry

44 Likes 2 Shares

Ok..thank God he is going.

9 Likes

just had to comment.. since first page is still open. Can't read this @OP

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by cold(m): 12:12pm On May 06, 2015
Good for him
Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by HURUCHI(m): 12:12pm On May 06, 2015
midolian:
And what are his achievements, if I may ask

Thank u

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by hertheytheydgee(m): 12:12pm On May 06, 2015
If drunkard talk, na mumu go interprete am. #water

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by Habayomie(m): 12:12pm On May 06, 2015
Rochas Okorocha for President come 2019.
Vote for continuity of change.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by Meiji(m): 12:12pm On May 06, 2015
I thought they said Jonathan has been president for six years...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 06, 2015
midolian:
And what are his achievements, if I may ask

Before anyone should answer your question, I'll suggest we put u on the seat for 5years too. Let's see.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by PStacks(m): 12:13pm On May 06, 2015
5 years is a lot of time.
Nigerians don't have luxury of time.

Time waits for no one.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by jamex93(m): 12:13pm On May 06, 2015
5years of making ppl to suffer

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by Buchukwu: 12:13pm On May 06, 2015
The imbecilic man, nobody even remembers he ever ruled this country, his name has gone into oblivion. All hail biafra!!

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 06, 2015
APC be like
Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by sexymoma(f): 12:14pm On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation
I pray and hope we won't regret voting out transformation
Sir, d nigerian youths failed ya by not supporting u, pls forgive dem
U did so many tinz for dis great nation, may God give ya more grace as ya go international
In all sector, ya foot prints will always be dere, as a reminder for oda leaders to be on their toes
You still can't bliv GMB won abi grin

38 Likes

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by moscobabs(m): 12:14pm On May 06, 2015
ideeot did not do 5th year remembrance for the Great President Yar'adua

selfish Animal grin grin grin grin grin

30 Likes

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by hertheytheydgee(m): 12:14pm On May 06, 2015
justi4jesu:

Google is not free. Ignorant

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by Buonsenso: 12:14pm On May 06, 2015
this man just is easy going. he seems relieved to me, that the pressures of Nigeria are been lifted off him. i just hope, his better half is taking things easy as well. if each time, we lose elections in Nigeria people are this laid back and accept the will of the people, Nigeria will have begun its democratic journey.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by shammah1(m): 12:14pm On May 06, 2015
I thought APC told their supporters that it's 6 years. undecided Cluelessness at its pick.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by appini: 12:15pm On May 06, 2015
Bros J all the way

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by kay1one2(m): 12:15pm On May 06, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by unclechem(m): 12:15pm On May 06, 2015
i rember , congrat, is not easy my fellow presido

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Marks 5th Anniversary As President by nasty45(m): 12:15pm On May 06, 2015
I just waste my data to open this thread sef... Long hisssssss

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Pictured With Ibrahim Babangida In Niger State(photo) / Obaseki Meets Buhari, Presents Re-Election Bid Form / Photos From Southern Governors' Meeting In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.