Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,236 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Why Tiger Woods Loses 3 Days Of Sleep Since Breakup With Lindsey Vonn - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Tiger Woods Loses 3 Days Of Sleep Since Breakup With Lindsey Vonn (366 Views)

Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) / "We Didn't Eat For 3 Days": Nigerian Athletes At Rio Olympics (Video) / Tiger Woods Ends Three-year Affair With Olympic Skier Lindsey Vonn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Tiger Woods Loses 3 Days Of Sleep Since Breakup With Lindsey Vonn by Online4u: 12:11pm On May 06, 2015
Tiger Woods struggles at this time of year, which marks the anniversary of his father’s passing. His recent breakup with Lindsey Vonn makes it even tougher on the 14-time major champion.

Tiger Woods conceded Tuesday that he has not slept much heading into Thursday’s start of The Players Championship — mostly since this week is the anniversary of his father’s death and because of his recent split from Lindsey Vonn.

“It obviously does affect me. It is tough, no doubt, I’m not going to lie about that, it is tough,” Woods said during a press conference at TPC Sawgrass about off-course issues having a impact on him inside the ropes. “And on top of that, this time of year is really, really hard on me. This three-day window is really hard.

“I haven’t slept,” said Woods. “These three days, May 3rd through the 5th, today, is brutal on me. And with obviously what happened on Sunday it just adds to it.”

Earl Woods passed away on May 3, 2006 and Woods and Vonn announced their breakup on Sunday. Despite dealing with such emotions, however, Woods said he was able to concentrate on the task at hand.

“Once you’re inside the ropes, it’s time to tee it up and time to play,” he said. “You go out there, and, for me, I focus. I get into my little world, my little zone and do the best I possibly can for, well, it used to be four hours. Now it’s five-hour rounds, a five-hour time period, grind it out and win golf tournaments, because at the end, to me, that’s what I want to do at that particular week is win a tournament.”

Woods will play his first event since his comeback at the Masters alongside Adam Scott and defending Players champ Martin Kaymer on Thursday at 1:49 p.m. ET.

Click on my signature for more stories. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

The 'money Man ' Mayweather Vision & Prophecy / Black Ice Skater Does Back Flip Onto One Foot [video] / Another Gameday Is Here On Nairabet Is Giving Out Some Thousand On Your Predict.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.