Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage (9624 Views)

W.y.c Kumasi 2017 Preserving The Rich Cultural Heritage Of Yoruba / Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage / A Brief History Of The Ikwerre People Of Rivers State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by Ikwerreboy(m): 7:06pm On May 06, 2015
The niger delta region is a home to many ethnic groups regarded as minor by the nigerian government. Whereas Hausa,Yoruba and Igbo are the major ethnic groups in nigeria..

The Ikwerre nation is the largest ethnic nationality
in present day Rivers State in the Niger delta. With over 2.6million people, It is made up of not less
than four major Local Government Areas, and
occupies the largest land mass in the state.

Like most ethnic groups in Nigeria, the history of
Ikwerre could be contested. However, several
researchers have linked their origin to benin, edo
state in Nigeria, Ikwerre is listed as an ethnic
group by the nigerian govenment, Ikwerre is often
highlighted as the richest and most industrious nationality in Rivers State, an observation that could
have been due to the quality indigenes it has
produced in recent time.

Head of Ikwerre Cultural Organisation, Worldwide,
Chief Agbaru Ogbakor, who gave credence to this in
a narration of the history of the place and its people
said: “Ikwerre is one of the ethnic nationalities
that make up the many Nation-States that were
amalgamated by Lord Luggard in 1914 to form what we have today as Nigeria. They have their
identifiable and distinct culture, tradition and
language.

“Ikwerre spans four Local Government Areas in
Rivers State. These LGAs are those of Port Harcourt,
Obio-Akpor, Ikwerre and Emohua. It has a
population of about 2.6 million people.”

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by Ikwerreboy(m): 7:07pm On May 06, 2015
Speaking on the people, Ogbakor said: “Ikwerre people are hospitable, warm, very accommodating and generous. They readily appreciate when a good deed is done to them.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by Ikwerreboy(m): 7:10pm On May 06, 2015
Speaking on the people, Ogbakor said: “Ikwerre
people are hospitable, warm, very accommodating
and generous. They readily appreciate when a good
deed is done to them.

“In terms of dependability, they are a people you
can always count upon, once an agreement is
reached (Brief on Ikwerre People), Agbaro was
quoted during a Grand Civic Reception in Honour of
Governor Rotimi Amaechi, by Ogbakor Ikwerre
Cultural Organisation five years ago.

The Ikwerre have volunteered their land to host
important landmarks and institutions of economic
relevance in Rivers. Notable among these are the
Rivers State University of Science and Technology,
University of Port Harcourt, International Airport
Omagwa; Seaport, largest Oil Palm Company in Africa, University of Education, Nigerian Air Force
Base, Nigerian Naval Base, Nigerian Army Base, Oil
multinationals such as Shell, Agip, Mobil and Elf,
Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), 52 oil
wells and four Flow Stations.

With the above, it could be seen that only Ogoni
ethnic nationality could be said to have the kind of
economic potentials that can compete favorably
with the Ikwerre nation with two refineries,
petrochemicals, trade zone, seaport and numerous
companies doing businesses there.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by Ikwerreboy(m): 7:13pm On May 06, 2015
Politics:

Ikwerre people generally have been most blessed
in the politics of Rivers State. Since the dawn of
democracy in 1999, they have occupied strategic
offices at the national to the state levels.

Notably, two Ikwerre kinsmen have been Deputy
Speakers of the House of Representatives, namely,
Chibudom Nwuche and Austin Opara, between 1999
and 2007.

In 2007, Rotimi Amaechi, who was then the Speaker
of the Rivers State House of Assembly since 1999,
was strongly believed to be the one that would
succeed his political godfather, Dr Peter Odili, as
governor of the state.

He was believed to get the Peoples Democratic
Party (PDP) ticket in 2007 because he was one of
the governor’s kitchen cabinet members.
Amaechi an indigene of Ubima in Ikwerre Local
Government Area of Rivers State enjoys the support
of his kinsmen, many of whom believed that he was the brain behind Odili’s victory in 2003
governorship election, having allegedly worked
against his brother, the acclaimed ‘Bulldozer of
Rivers Politics’, Chief Sergeant Awuse . Eventually,
he became the governor by providence in 2007.

Shortly after the reins of Odili, Celestine Omehia,
Amaechi’s cousin, became a governor for justfew
months before the Supreme Court vacated him in
October 26, 2007, which therefore, made the way
for Amaechi to ascend the throne.
Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by Ikwerreboy(m): 7:15pm On May 06, 2015
Presently, Chief Nyesom Wike, a lawyer and former Minister of State (Education), also an Ikwerre, from Obio/Akpor Local Government Area, won the just concluded governorship election in rivers state. This means that three Ikwerre sons may governed the state interruptedly for 16 years.
It will also go a long way to prove that Ikwerre has been using its size and majority advantage to garner the political interest of the state to its favour. Though Amaechi has been warning indigenes of the state not to allow another Ikwerre to succeed him as governor, many see this as a selfish protest on his part.
As it stands, majority of the Ikwerre have already thrown their weight behind the candidature of Wike and would not hesitate to continue to dominate the politics of the state for as long as it suites them.
Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by Ikwerreboy(m): 7:17pm On May 06, 2015
Delicacies:

Ikwerre people are known to be very hospital set of
people in Rivers State. This hospitality is defined in
the way they take care of their guests at a given
time. They thrill their guests with their traditional
meals. The most common of these are the cocoyam,
foo foo (fun fun in Yoruba) and okazi soup.

Chief Adi Wali, a social critic, told Sunday
Independent that the okazi soup is prepared by first
going to the green forest in search of the okazi
leaves.

“These leafs are sliced to tiny rings and then is
pounded. Because a typical Ikwerre man is a
fisherman, we use dry fish and bush meat to
garnish the soup. You will add periwinkle to it,
plenty grey fish and then add red oil. You cannot
resist the aroma of this soup when you are served. Stockfish could also be added to make the soup
worthwhile”, Wali said.

He explained that eba (cassava flour) is an
“alien” food to the Ikwerre people. Cocoyam
flour has been “our staple food for many years
now. Many homes in Ikwerre Kingdom cannot do
without this. It does not matter your social status in
the society, an average Ikwerre family enjoys this delicacy”
Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by Ikwerreboy(m): 7:20pm On May 06, 2015
Traditional marriage:

Traditional marriage in Ikwerre, as it is with every
other ethnic nationality in Nigeria, is a sacred
process that is highly revered. Accordingly, the man
would go for a formal introduction, often referred to
as the “Door knocking” the moment he identifies
the woman he wants to marry. He does this by taking few elders of his family to the girl’s family
for the “Introduction”. He goes there with a keg
of palm win and dry gin (okanme).

While this process lasted, the girl is not defiled. Both
are kept away from having sex before the
marriage. On the day of the marriage, what the man
wears is of a great essence. He spots a loose end
wrapper atop of etibo (flowing shirt) with a hat to
match. He may decide to wear sandals or hard shoes. In some cases, he may complete the process
with a hand staff.

The girl may go in wrapper with some traditional
top. She spots traditionally made beads round her
waist and some more round her wrists. The details
of the conjugal process may not be necessary at
this point, but what is most interesting is the fact
that the atmosphere at the marriage venue is always electric, as it is spiced up with some
traditional displays by the youths of the community.
Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by Ikwerreboy(m): 7:21pm On May 06, 2015
Festivals:

During festive periods like Christmas, the entire
kingdom is agog with rich cultural heritage. One of
the fantastic traditional displays of the Ikwerre
people is the traditional wrestling. This is mainly engaged by the able-bodied youths to
test their physical strength. Festival wrestling is an
integral part of the culture of the Ikwerre people.
“In our wrestling competition, different types of
drumming the instruments are used such as:
Ikwirikwu , Ekwenkalu , Ngele, Mbamba of different types, shapes and sizes”. Normally, two
competing camps would gather opposite one
another, led respectively by a motivator.
Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by Ikwerreboy(m): 7:22pm On May 06, 2015
Festivals:

During festive periods like Christmas, the entire
kingdom is agog with rich cultural heritage. One of
the fantastic traditional displays of the Ikwerre
people is the traditional wrestling.

This is mainly engaged by the able-bodied youths to
test their physical strength. Festival wrestling is an
integral part of the culture of the Ikwerre people.
“In our wrestling competition, different types of
drumming the instruments are used such as:
Ikwirikwu , Ekwenkalu , Ngele, Mbamba of different types, shapes and sizes”. Normally, two
competing camps would gather opposite one
another, led respectively by a motivator.

“The motivator holds some grasses, which he uses
to whip the wrestlers’ hands and buttocks excite
them to action. “ Whoever throws the other down wins. If the
wrestlers were unable to throw each other, they
are said have ‘equalised’ or ‘ogba- oga. The
side of the wrestlers that throws his opponent will
lift him up with utter jubilation. They will dance
round the playground where the wrestling takes place. Women will dance around in a manner that
arouses the wrestlers. “

Apart from the wrestling competition, which is
mainly for the young men, there is also the Eregbu
cultural dance, Ekpo and Ekpe masquerades. These
are important cults, which the young must
belong”, Chinedu Wosu, a journalist , told the
reporter.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by Ikwerreboy(m): 7:24pm On May 06, 2015
Language:

According to him, the Ikwerre people speak
Ikwerre Language. Before the advent of colonialism,
they were already relating with the Igbos which led
to the language similarities between the igbos and
the ikwerres, including name similarities. At the
advent of colonialism, they were exposed to English language and special English called pidgin.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by Ikwerreboy(m): 7:27pm On May 06, 2015
Dance:

One of the most popular dance steps in Ikwerre is
the Eregbu. In this dance, two drummers, mostly
males, sit opposite each other and play selected
styles that give different tones to the dancing
pleasure of people who do so in circular fashion to
the admiration of spectators.

This is a beautiful dance that is highly cherished by
the Rumuchorlu people of Ikwerre ethnic
nationality. They also have the Eri-Ndudu dance that
is mainly played by women. The drummers used
different instruments like Ndudu, Ngele, Osha,
Kwirikwe , among others. At times, the men assist the women in drumming, while the other women
dance in circle, or as they may find convenient for
the moment.

Spectators watch with utmost joy, happiness and
admiration. Ikwerre also has another dance called
the Eri- Oboh, whereby the chief drummer directs
the play using rhythms from locally made
instruments. The main instrument, known as Oboh
is made of thick calabash, with strong strings. This is used alongside other instruments to orchestrate the
dance. While the play is on, some people dig the
lkwere dance according to the rhythm of the
instrument and song to cheers from spectators. The
dancers could be male or female.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by Ikwerreboy(m): 7:33pm On May 06, 2015
Mod pls Front Page,..
Facts abt Igbos- Made Front page. Facts abt Yoruba- Made front page. Facts abt Urhobo- Made front page. Facts abt Efik- Just recently made front page..
Mod pls the topic is in the right category oh as instructed..

Abeg dnt be Pacial ooooh.. Lolz.. Love yaaa..

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by htconeline: 7:59pm On May 06, 2015
FP
Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by Wulfruna(f): 8:57pm On May 06, 2015
Informative. I consider myself a Port Harcourt girl - by birth at least. It's the only Nigerian city I feel a connection with.

OP, can you possibly also include a list of Ikwerre names and their meanings. I particularly would like to know what the following names mean: Otonti, Achinewhu, Aguma, Bekwele, Mandah, Nsirim, Egelege, Wahua

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 06, 2015
Wulfruna:
Informative. I consider myself a Port Harcourt girl - by birth at least. It's the only Nigerian city I feel a connection with.

OP, can you possibly also include a list of Ikwerre names and their meanings. I particularly would like to know what the following names mean: Otonti, Achinewhu, Aguma, Bekwele, Mandah, Nsirim, Egelege, Wahua

Interesting.
And here I thought you were Yoruba. Not that it matters that you're a PH lady by birth and feel a connection to it though.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by Wulfruna(f): 9:19pm On May 06, 2015
9jacrip:

Interesting.
And here I thought you were Yoruba. Not that it matters that you're a PH lady by birth and feel a connection to it though.

LOL. No I'm not Yoruba. But every Nigerian ethnic group interests me, and I always seize every opportunity I can get to learn as much about them as I can.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 06, 2015
Wulfruna:

LOL. No I'm not Yoruba. But every Nigerian ethnic group interests me, and I always seize every opportunity I can get to learn as much about them as I can.

Makes sense.
Your posts on Yoruba topics and depth of arguments made me conclude.
Regardless, I'm still a fan of your posts and maybe someday we'll find out what ethnic group you're from.
Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by Wulfruna(f): 9:31pm On May 06, 2015
9jacrip:

Makes sense.
Your posts on Yoruba topics and depth of arguments made me conclude.
Regardless, I'm still a fan of your posts and maybe someday we'll find out what ethnic group you're from.

The ethnic tension on nairaland is too high for my system. The only way I think I can remain neutral and immune to it is to keep my ethnicity to myself. wink

But I have already hinted on other posts that I'm Niger Deltan - or rather part-Niger Deltan.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by Udmaster(m): 9:56pm On May 06, 2015
Ikwerreboy:
Speaking on the people, Ogbakor said: “Ikwerre
people are hospitable, warm, very accommodating
and generous. They readily appreciate when a good
deed is done to them.
Nobody have a problem with you exhibiting your Ikwerre pride BUT do not use it to insult the Igbos.. Keep ur ikwerre to urself because I Am Very PROUD TO BE from the MIGHTY IGBO TRIBE..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 06, 2015
Wulfruna:

The ethnic tension on nairaland is too high for my system. The only way I think I can remain neutral and immune to it is to keep my ethnicity to myself. wink

But I have already hinted on other posts that I'm Niger Deltan - or rather part-Niger Deltan.

Indeed, the ethnic tension is high but toxic. Shrowding your ethnic leaning would only keep you immune and neutral if you blind yourself to politics section - else you'd find yourself drawn into the tension.

Many folks on here never intended to engage in the nonsense but overtime these people will hit a nerve somehow (I wonder how they do it) LOL!

We will see how far the neutrality will go cheesy
Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by phyllosilicate(m): 12:30am On May 08, 2015
Interesting read.
Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by tonychristopher: 9:57am On May 28, 2015
I said it...confused one......
Wulfruna:

Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by Wulfruna(f): 10:00am On May 28, 2015
tonychristopher:
I said it...confused one......

LMAO! He actually went snooping on my previous posts. grin

Explain what you mean when you said 'confused'... if you don't mind.
Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by tonychristopher: 10:02am On May 28, 2015
CALL IT BACK GROUND RESEARCH SO THAT I CAN KNOW THE MENTAL STATE OF WHOM I AM TALKING WITH AND I HAVE NOTED IT SO

KA ODI....
Wulfruna:

LMAO! He actually went snooping on my previous posts. grin

Explain what you mean when you said 'confused'... if you don't mind.
Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by Wulfruna(f): 10:04am On May 28, 2015
tonychristopher:
CALL IT BACK GROUND RESEARCH SO THAT I CAN KNOW THE MENTAL STATE OF WHOM I AM TALKING WITH AND I HAVE NOTED IT SO

KA ODI....

This doesn't explain what you meant by 'confused' though.
Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by tonychristopher: 10:18am On May 28, 2015
you said that you keep it in chest and that is the confusing ...it boils down to the question do i say am igbo or am i confused in man made Niger Delta nomenclature ...this i think you should purge yourself

That is the meaning of my term "confused" but you can still keep it in heart...now we are talking ..but anything Igbo i can see your always lurking around their threads yet no stand..dearie try make one

Wulfruna:

This doesn't explain what you meant by 'confused' though.
Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by Wulfruna(f): 10:26am On May 28, 2015
tonychristopher:
you said that you keep it in chest and that is the confusing ...it boils down to the question do i say am igbo or am i confused in man made Niger Delta nomenclature ...this i think you should purge yourself

That is the meaning of my term "confused" but you can still keep it in heart...now we are talking ..but anything Igbo i can see your always lurking around their threads yet no stand..dearie try make one

This makes zero sense. I know who I am, and I'm not confused about that.

On Nairaland I prefer not to disclose my ethnicity for one simple reason: I do not want my comments and contributions to be unfairly (mis)interpreted in the light of my ethnicity, seeing as NL is very charged ethnically.

How that qualifies as 'confused' is something you will still have to explain further.

BTW, I do not have to take a stand; this isn't a war. And I don't only comment on Igbo-related threads. I'm there on Yoruba threads...even Somali threads as well.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by PabloAfricanus(m): 7:17am On May 29, 2015
Ikwerreboy:
Language:

According to him, the Ikwerre people speak
Ikwerre Language. Before the advent of colonialism,
they were already relating with the Igbos which led
to the language similarities between the igbos and
the ikwerres, including name similarities. At the
advent of colonialism, they were exposed to English language and special English called pidgin.

IkwerreBoy

I guess you lots are one confused bunch walahi!
Chibudom Nwuche
Austin Opara
Elechi Amadi
Amaechi
Adi
Ikwerres bear these names because they were "relating" with Igbos which lead to the "similarities"?
What similarities?
Languages have roots, sources and origins.
On the other hand languages also have borrowed words while still retaining the base structure.
Independent researchers and linguists have ascertained and proved that your "bini" language..which you call "Ikwerre language" is just another Igbo dialect.
There is no trait in any form or appearance of bini or other culture in your tiny enclave.
Informed elders even told me when I made enquiries that some clans in Imo have a culture of importing the Amadioha deity from Ikwerre!
Your elders and leaders know this.
If infact you are actually Ikwerre and can speak the language...you probably know this.
And no amount of invented origins or creative mythologies will change that.
The funny thing is you lots are not even ashamed at the ridiculousness of your claims!
Benin and her nobles have never till date recognized any affinity in any capacity with Ikwerre. Even the name of your so called bini migrant ancestor "akalaka" is not in any form edo...nor does it have any meaning in edo.
I'm sure your leaders who came up with that whole Bini origin nonsense know they're only fooling themselves?
But with a straightface deluded men like Okachikwu Dibia, and Elechi Amadi spew the untruths in public!
Its a shame actually.
Do you folks ever listen to yourselves talk?
So in your mind...the language you lots speak is different from the brand of Igbo spoken in Nkwerre, Owerri and environs?
So oil wealth will last forever?
Also the stigmatization from losing the civil war will last forever?
You lots are just pathetic and deluded.
Keep speaking Igbo, bearing Igbo names and practicing Igbo culture and traditions....while deluding yourselves as to your origins.
I'm sure the Igbos treat you lots as unserious comedians.
Nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by UnknownT: 1:49am On May 30, 2015
Wulfruna:

ikwerreboy should be the last ikwerre man to ask the meaning of those names, looking at the lazy copy and paste work he did here, are we even sure whether he is Ikwerre
Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by bigfrancis21: 3:22am On May 30, 2015
PabloAfricanus:

IkwerreBoy

I guess you lots are one confused bunch walahi!
Chibudom Nwuche
Austin Opara
Elechi Amadi
Amaechi
Adi
Ikwerres bear these names because they were "relating" with Igbos which lead to the "similarities"?
What similarities?
Languages have roots, sources and origins.
On the other hand languages also have borrowed words while still retaining the base structure.
Independent researchers and linguists have ascertained and proved that your "bini" language..which you call "Ikwerre language" is just another Igbo dialect.
There is no trait in any form or appearance of bini or other culture in your tiny enclave.
Informed elders even told me when I made enquiries that some clans in Imo have a culture of importing the Amadioha deity from Ikwerre!
Your elders and leaders know this.
If infact you are actually Ikwerre and can speak the language...you probably know this.
And no amount of invented origins or creative mythologies will change that.
The funny thing is you lots are not even ashamed at the ridiculousness of your claims!
Benin and her nobles have never till date recognized any affinity in any capacity with Ikwerre. Even the name of your so called bini migrant ancestor "akalaka" is not in any form edo...nor does it have any meaning in edo.
I'm sure your leaders who came up with that whole Bini origin nonsense know they're only fooling themselves?
But with a straightface deluded men like Okachikwu Dibia, and Elechi Amadi spew the untruths in public!
Its a shame actually.
Do you folks ever listen to yourselves talk?
So in your mind...the language you lots speak is different from the brand of Igbo spoken in Nkwerre, Owerri and environs?
So oil wealth will last forever?
Also the stigmatization from losing the civil war will last forever?
You lots are just pathetic and deluded.
Keep speaking Igbo, bearing Igbo names and practicing Igbo culture and traditions....while deluding yourselves as to your origins.
I'm sure the Igbos treat you lots as unserious comedians.
Nonsense.

Ikwerreboy isn't even Ikwerre to start with. He is a Yoruba boy masking as Ikwerre to cause division with other Igbos.
Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 30, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Ikwerreboy isn't even Ikwerre to start with. He is a Yoruba boy masking as Ikwerre to cause division with other Igbos.

I noticed that,
those questions directed to him by wulfruna will take google search and referencing to be answered.
Re: Ikwerre: People With Rich Cultural, Political Heritage by Mapletraks: 10:40pm On Jun 03, 2015
Ikwerreboy:
The niger delta region is a home to many ethnic groups regarded as minor by the nigerian government. Whereas Hausa,Yoruba and Igbo are the major ethnic groups in nigeria..

The Ikwerre nation is the largest ethnic nationality
in present day Rivers State in the Niger delta. With over 2.6million people, It is made up of not less
than four major Local Government Areas, and
occupies the largest land mass in the state.

Like most ethnic groups in Nigeria, the history of
Ikwerre could be contested. However, several
researchers have linked their origin to benin, edo
state in Nigeria, Ikwerre is listed as an ethnic
group by the nigerian govenment, Ikwerre is often
highlighted as the richest and most industrious nationality in Rivers State, an observation that could
have been due to the quality indigenes it has
produced in recent time.

Head of Ikwerre Cultural Organisation, Worldwide,
Chief Agbaru Ogbakor, who gave credence to this in
a narration of the history of the place and its people
said: “Ikwerre is one of the ethnic nationalities
that make up the many Nation-States that were
amalgamated by Lord Luggard in 1914 to form what we have today as Nigeria. They have their
identifiable and distinct culture, tradition and
language.

“Ikwerre spans four Local Government Areas in
Rivers State. These LGAs are those of Port Harcourt,
Obio-Akpor, Ikwerre and Emohua. It has a
population of about 2.6 million people.”

(1) (2) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Sues Kano Anti-graft Agency From Probing His Financial Dealings / Bekwarra Childrens Names / Olubadan: Markets To Shut Down In Oyo On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.