Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Buhari Begs Patience - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Begs Patience (8866 Views)

Vandalism: Buhari Begs Militants, Says “they Use Hi-tech weapons” / Ministerial List: Buhari Begs PDP Senators - Vanguard / Fayose Salutes Buhari, Begs Nigerians To Accept Presidential Poll Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Begs Patience by tit(f): 7:30pm On May 06, 2015
We’ll beg Nigerians for Patience – Buhari

on May 06, 2015 / in Headlines, News 8:11 am / Comments

By Levinus Nwabughiogu

ABUJA— President-elect, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), has said that he is currently at a loss on how best to tell Nigerians that his promise of turning the economy around quickly upon assumption of office on May 29 may not be feasible after all.

Buhari premised his fear on the perception that the economy has been battered by the outgoing government of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP.

This was even as governors elected on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC, said empty treasuries may be awaiting them in their respective states.

The governors cried out that most state governments had gone bankrupt and, therefore, cannot pay workers’ salaries.

Vice President-elect, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari, Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha and APC National Chairman, Chief John Odigie Oyegun when the President-elect meet with APC Governors and Governors-elect at the Defence House in Abuja on Tuesday, 05 May 2015
Vice President-elect, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari, Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha and APC National Chairman, Chief John Odigie Oyegun when the President-elect meet with APC Governors and Governors-elect at the Defence House in Abuja on Tuesday, 05 May 2015
According to them, it was obvious that they were going to inherit huge debts which may delay speedy progress in their respective states. They were, however, silent on APC states like Lagos, Edo and Osun, which are currently the most indebted in the country.

Buhari and the governors expressed the fear when the governors paid him a congratulatory visit at the Defence House, Abuja.

Buhari to plead with Nigerians for patience

Buhari, who recalled what the regime of late General Sani Abacha did to establish the defunct Petroleum Trust Fund, PTF, however said he would plead with Nigerians for their understanding and patience even as he reiterated his commitment to restoring security.

He said: “The expectation is too high and I have started nervously to explain to people that Rome was not built in a day. For this to be corrected, please, give the incoming government a chance.

“Here, I will like to recall what happened during the Abacha regime which led to the emergence of PTF. The Abacha regime was a military regime and it thought that the only way was to increase the prices of petroleum products. But they were not taking Nigerians for a ride. They would have said that if Nigerians decide to riot, they have the guns and so they can have their way.

“They decided to tell Nigerians that they were going to increase prices of petroleum products and the money we get, we will put aside for development. That was how PTF came.

“So, this time around, under this system, to bounce back with the issue especially with the backlog of salaries which are of immediate concern to individuals and states, I think we should look for a better way to address the issue and think of how to persuade people to give us a chance to organise the economy immediately and get something to pay salaries. The people will give us a chance to stabilise the economy.”

Decayed infrastructure

Buhari who also lamented what he likened to destruction of social infrastructure especially in education, however, assured that his government would ensure that the country is improved in all ramifications.

Buhari also thanked the governors-elect, re-echoing that the formation of APC as an offspring of the merger of the legacy parties earned them victory at the polls.

He said: “The decision to merge was a good one because this helped us. At every step, there were many road blocks. During the merger, APGA and DPP wanted to come in, but we felt that if they are allowed to come in at that time, it will be used to frustrate the merger and so we asked them to stay action until after the merger. So we advised them to just be observers.

“We decided that the nine major people that were leading the Legacy parties should lead us to the first major convention where the new party will then elect its new leadership. These nine people were the national chairmen, the national secretaries and the treasurers.

“The next step was what earned us respect. I had thought that all INEC Commissioners were our enemies and they said, ‘no, take the documents for the registration back because you need presence in all the geopolitical zones of the country.’ There were lots of efforts by the PDP to frustrate our emergence as a party.”

How FG ruined our economy —Okorocha

Addressing journalists after their indoor meeting with Buhari, chairman of APC governors, Chief Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, said the outgoing government had ruined the economy.

According to him, the fact that the Federal Government has not paid April salaries was an indication that the economy was not healthy.

He said: “One of the issues that became of concern to all of us is the state of the Nigerian economy which is really in bad shape. We have come to notify the incoming president of the challenges ahead of him.

“As it stands, most states of the federation have not been able to pay salaries and even the Federal Government has not paid April salary and that is very worrisome.

“By May and June, the salary will be in cumulative of three months. With the huge expectation from Nigerians and people who have voted us into power, we wonder. We are hoping that the president-elect will do whatever that is humanly possible to bring about a bailout not only in the states but the Federal Government, at least for people to get their salaries and turn around the economy.”

Okorocha, who secured his re-election as Imo State governor, called on Nigerians across party leanings to rally round the president-elect to achieve his aims.

Why APC govs visited Buhari

According to Okorocha, their visit to the Defence House was to congratulate Buhari and get him to familiarize with the new APC governors-elect.

His words: “We came here to pay a courtesy call on the president-elect who will be sworn in on the 29th of this month as the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and also to familiarize ourselves, both the new governors and the governors-elect.

“We have seen the reason to work together and support Mr President-elect and we have also called on all our brothers in other political parties to come along with us to build the Nigeria of our dream.

“In a nutshell, we have come to congratulate Buhari on a well deserved victory knowing that this victory, the change we have all been waiting for must only be dedicated to ordinary citizens of Nigeria, who stood up and voted accordingly.”

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/state-of-economy-well-beg-nigerians-for-patience-buhari/#sthash.daQ78vBE.dpuf

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Begs Patience by tit(f): 7:31pm On May 06, 2015
buhari dont like aisha again.
he will sack aisha and live with patience!

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Begs Patience by ki02020(m): 7:32pm On May 06, 2015
Op you are real alarmist

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Begs Patience by nwafuluozoh: 7:33pm On May 06, 2015
The dullard from Daura must deliver on his electoral promises. ASAP!
He already is making excuses for future failure was he high when he promised to perform miracles as president?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Begs Patience by temitemi1(m): 7:42pm On May 06, 2015
Yepaaaaaaaaa! Nigerians don enter onechance oooooooooooooooooooo grin grin grin. GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Begs Patience by tit(f): 7:43pm On May 06, 2015
ki02020:
Op you are real alarmist

is buhari that say beg patience.
even buhari know good thing.
he only pretends and do gra gra
that bonga fish like aisha is good for him.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Begs Patience by temitemi1(m): 7:47pm On May 06, 2015
Buhari must leave patience alone n stick with aisha oooooooo grin grin
tit:
buhari dont like aisha again.
he will sack aisha and live with patience!

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Begs Patience by fritiyo: 9:37pm On May 06, 2015
Buhari has nothing good to offer us. a pig is always a pig.
He failed when he took power from sehau sagara.
now he is in another mission to fail nigerians again.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Begs Patience by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 06, 2015
rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Begs Patience by mikolo80: 10:06pm On May 06, 2015
tit:

May God bless you the way patience and her husband Ran the country. Say amen

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Begs Patience by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 06, 2015
rubbish,,
Re: Buhari Begs Patience by Naijiant: 10:17pm On May 06, 2015
Re: Buhari Begs Patience by lanicky(f): 10:49pm On May 06, 2015
I don talk am say una eyes go see red sea. lipsrsealed

Btw....the topic is kinda misleading.
Re: Buhari Begs Patience by omenka(m): 11:04pm On May 06, 2015
saTANoids and PDP at the point of final burial ---David Mark (Senate President). grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Begs Patience by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 06, 2015
Buhari shld ve told us d truth instead of lying to his gullible supporters dat he will "change" dem lives
He shld not dash dem hope oooo

Say no to "change"
Say yes to transformation
I welcome many of dem to d opposition party in advance!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Begs Patience by cyprus000: 11:17pm On May 06, 2015
[size=13pt]
Can som1 please educate my ignorance.

I have tried locating where he begged patience,but I can't see it
[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Begs Patience by AhmedMustapha(m): 11:24pm On May 06, 2015
Misleading title

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begs Patience by NCOIM(m): 11:25pm On May 06, 2015
The Daura Cattle rearer Will Gnash his Teeth On Nigerians' Backs grin grin

Of Course The Janjaweedians would Give in But We The Realists Won't!!!

Waiting Paitently for
$1=#1
Compensation of the unemployed
2months Annihilation of The Boko Haram Sect grin grin Etc

GEJ For UN Sec Gen!!!

Waiting For the Magician President To Perform In The Circus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Begs Patience by lavatoz(f): 11:26pm On May 06, 2015
nwafuluozoh:
The dullard from Daura must deliver on his electoral promises. ASAP!
He already is making excuses for future failure was he high when he promised to perform miracles as president?

He was high on marijuana under the surveillance of his dealers Amaechi and Tinubu all throughout the. campaign grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Begs Patience by phelixwisdom: 11:27pm On May 06, 2015
tit:

... Gej is always my hero, people failed to vote for transformation rather voting for change, now the president elect is already making future excuses..... Lolz

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Begs Patience by ifyan(m): 11:27pm On May 06, 2015
Hmmn
Re: Buhari Begs Patience by phelixwisdom: 11:28pm On May 06, 2015
AhmedMustapha:
ok
lolz, wait for someone to clear Ur ignorance
Re: Buhari Begs Patience by AhmedMustapha(m): 11:37pm On May 06, 2015
phelixwisdom:
lolz, wait for someone to clear Ur ignorance
What ignorance?
Re: Buhari Begs Patience by debo07(m): 11:40pm On May 06, 2015
Tit,I'm just wondering if u were born daft or u were d one who made urself so daft dat wotevr u say or comment makes no sence.If u continue like dis u may lose ur focus in life(dats if u have any sha).GEJ dat u are supportin has already bin kicked out and he's now a billionaire and has make pple like Allison Madueke and Iweala richer and no one even knw.Try to get ur sences bak and fix urself.Since Buhari won u have bin so depressed and I really feel for u and ur family cos u might be contemplating suicide.Buhari will rule for 8yrs so get dat into ur DAFT BRAIN

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Begs Patience by debo07(m): 11:40pm On May 06, 2015
Tit,I'm just wondering if u were born daft or u were d one who made urself so daft dat wotevr u say or comment makes no sence.If u continue like dis u may lose ur focus in life(dats if u have any sha).GEJ dat u are supportin has already bin kicked out and he's now a billionaire and has make pple like Allison Madueke and Iweala richer and no one even knw.Try to get ur sences bak and fix urself.Since Buhari won u have bin so depressed and I really feel for u and ur family cos u might be contemplating suicide.Buhari will rule for 8yrs so get dat into ur DAFT BRAIN

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Begs Patience by tit(f): 11:40pm On May 06, 2015
cyprus000:
[size=13pt]
Can som1 please educate my ignorance.

I have tried locating where he begged patience,but I can't see it
[/size]

are you brainless like baba onechance?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begs Patience by agabaI23(m): 11:49pm On May 06, 2015
Buhari At loss on how to tell Nigerian he duped/decieved/one-chanced them

Just tell them, "I lied and I have no solution to your problems. Deal with it"!

What does he know now that he didn't know before?

theV0ice, ellechrystal, barcanista, whynotthetruth

1 Like

Re: Buhari Begs Patience by Nobody: 11:50pm On May 06, 2015
just one prayer for the op & her very ludicrous supporters.

May the canoe of your life be paddled same way Nigeria was ruled in the past 6 years.
Re: Buhari Begs Patience by cyprus000: 12:04am On May 07, 2015
tit:

are you brainless like baba onechance?
[size=13pt] hope you know you are looking for troublegrin

If I descend on you,na cry you go cry oo!
[/size]
Re: Buhari Begs Patience by agabaI23(m): 12:06am On May 07, 2015
cyprus000:
[size=13pt]
hope you know you are looking for troublegrin

[/size]
Na you de look for trouble. How you go descend on someone's wife?
tit no mind am
Re: Buhari Begs Patience by tit(f): 12:07am On May 07, 2015
cyprus000:
[size=13pt]
hope you know you are looking for troublegrin

[/size]

are you shekau?
i will just daga you one time.
nonsense.
you never hear say i hate apc kpians and buhari?
you just want to lavish yoursef.
Re: Buhari Begs Patience by theV0ice: 12:11am On May 07, 2015
agabaI23:
Buhari At loss on how to tell Nigerian he duped/decieved/one-chanced them

Just tell them, "I lied and I have no solution to your problems. Deal with it"!

What does he know now that he didn't know before?

theV0ice, ellechrystal, barcanista, whynotthetruth

cheesy cheesy

My friend, you want GMB to fail cheesy

My friend will be very happy if GMB fails cheesy

Pls pray very well so you can party when your wish comes through cheesy

GMB is even too nice......if it was me, I'll tell you that 'I don't give a damn' like someone we all know.....the beautiful part is that.......you can't do nothing about it until 2019 cheesy

Meanwhile, change your party before then.....as I see it.....your dear PDP has pressed the self destruct button according to David Mark wink and might become extinct before 2019 wink

Call my attention to the missteps GMB makes after may 29......then we can discuss reality and issues my friend....not wishful fantasies. GEJ is still calling the shots for now....not GMB wink

For now there's nothing to discuss about a govt that hasn't even been sworn in and even without him saying it, YOU HAVE NO CHOICE but to exercise patience wink

One love bro

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking: IPOB Defy Security Directives And March In Abuja / Omo-Agege Never Convicted In US — Court / Yinka Oyebode: Fayemi Still In APC Presidential Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.