Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

2-year-old Is Youngest Voter In UK – After Receiving Polling Card - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2-year-old Is Youngest Voter In UK – After Receiving Polling Card (560 Views)

PDP Youths Follow Car Carrying Votes From Polling Unit To Prevent Rigging / Obaseki Celebrates On Street After Receiving Certificate Of Return From Inec / Jonathan Returns To Nigeria From UK After A Month Vacation - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2-year-old Is Youngest Voter In UK – After Receiving Polling Card by nsiazu: 10:01pm On May 06, 2015
He must be the youngest listed voter in the
country – but sadly toddler Ollie Wray can’t
back his favourite character Postman Pat.
The two-year-old’s parents were stunned
when he received a polling card for today’s
general election through the door of their home
in Intake, Sheffield.
Dad Andy Wroe, 36, said: “Ollie just loves
Postman Pat so he always collects the letters
and he came running in with the letter to show
me.
“It was nice that he got a letter in his name but
it was a bit strange that it was a polling card –
maybe they are starting him off early.
“If Postman Pat was standing then he would
certainly vote. He’d be pretty torn between that
or Thomas the Tank Engine I think.”
The family say they could not recall adding
Ollie’s details to registration forms and are
baffled why he received the card to vote in the
Sheffield Heeley constituency, where seven
candidates are standing after former MP Meg
Munn stood down.
www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-toddler-is-youngest-voter-in-uk-after-receiving-polling-card-1-7247044

Re: 2-year-old Is Youngest Voter In UK – After Receiving Polling Card by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 06, 2015
Hmmm...
I dey come back
Re: 2-year-old Is Youngest Voter In UK – After Receiving Polling Card by nsiazu: 10:09pm On May 06, 2015
diamondtutu:
Hmmm... I dey come back
From where?

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! Photos From The Foiled Bomb Attack In Potiskum Today / The Failing Nation / Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.