Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,962 members, 7,952,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:39 AM

What Is Wrong With A Lecturer Not Having A 2-1 1st Degree? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is Wrong With A Lecturer Not Having A 2-1 1st Degree? (387 Views)

How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student / Can A Lecturer Actually Do This? / Tell Us How You Eventually Made Your 2.2,2.1,1st Class Cgpa.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With A Lecturer Not Having A 2-1 1st Degree? by NollywoodFreak: 12:21am On May 07, 2015
Something very stupid happened recently that I am still trying to understand. So I had a friend that recently finished his Masters from a very reputable federal university in S/West Nigeria. He was among the top 3 in his department in the Masters program. He was working towards getting a lecturing assistant job in the school. Several Msc graduates in his set applied for the post and he was the most qualified based on his masters results among the people that wanted to become lecturers. Then something strange happened, he received a call yesterday from the department, they asked him what he got in his 1st degree he said 2-2, then they said they can only employ 2-1 1st degree people. Note that, he had his 1st degree in a sub-standard university in the s/east, and at that time he was not very serious and was heavily distracted. What is annoying me is that the lecturers know very well that he understands the courses better than the people with 2-1 but they still ignored him. I am really sad for him right now.
Re: What Is Wrong With A Lecturer Not Having A 2-1 1st Degree? by GboyegaD(m): 12:42am On May 07, 2015
That is their policy. One of the things I learnt of late is that your 1st degree is very key.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Amount Of Money Can You Accept To Give Up Your Study Or Job? / Unilorin Post Utme Past Question / KWASU 1st Batch Admission Screening List 2015/2016 Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.