Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,369 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

The Igbo Comment: An Apology To Soyinka - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbo Comment: An Apology To Soyinka (2136 Views)

Tam David-West To Soyinka: Cut Your Green Card, Keep To Your Word / Omokri To Soyinka: Think Twice Before Tearing Your US Green Card / Thecable Apologises To Soyinka Over ‘Igbo’ Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Igbo Comment: An Apology To Soyinka by omenka(m): 10:02am On May 07, 2015
noblezone:

I choose my words and i try not be carried away by emotions!

I ignored you post because rather being objective, you chose to romance your sentiments!
You feel it is about me and my person and that is why you could the category I belong to.

I will answer you!

The slave traders came, took my rights and my lands.
They forcefully changed my nationality and called me Nigerian.

that is the level 2 of slavery!

Problem is this, many are in the same fate with me, but they are blind to the truth!

I have a choice to make and I have made it.
I am not Nigerian because Nigeria means nothing but slavery!

That does not mean you cant be Nigeria, it is not actually my business.
Oh please come off it. All that talk about slave camp and slavery is emotions talking and not commonsense. Stop talking out of turn bro, it helps none of your course.

Have a nice day.
Re: The Igbo Comment: An Apology To Soyinka by Nobody: 10:03am On May 07, 2015
nwafuluozoh:
[b][/b]
Count me OUT!

Nwanne, noted.
We must not all see it the same way
Does not stop us from being brothers.

I wish you well.
Re: The Igbo Comment: An Apology To Soyinka by Nobody: 10:12am On May 07, 2015
omenka:
Oh please come off it. All that talk about slave camp and slavery is emotions talking and not commonsense. Stop talking out of turn bro, it helps none of your course.

Have a nice day.

You are the one trying to sell you emotions here.
I took time to state my reasons and you have not even countered them, let alone stating your own points.
You were only hoping to get me cornered so as to make a mince meat out of me.

One thing I know is this, both of us have equal rights to have different opinions and we also have the same rights to express them!

Warm greetings from my heart!
Re: The Igbo Comment: An Apology To Soyinka by nwafuluozoh: 10:14am On May 07, 2015
noblezone:

Nwanne, noted.
We must not all see it the same way
Does not stop us from being brothers.

I wish you well.
Stop wearing pearls on pigs biko!
Re: The Igbo Comment: An Apology To Soyinka by Nobody: 10:17am On May 07, 2015
funkybully:
In the light of soyinka's press statement denying making those unsavory statements, I hereby apologize to Prof Wole Soyinka for the Vituperation on his person. U still have my respect, especially when I remember ur biafra ordeal. Do forgive n move on, the cable news and all paid media agents trying hard to cause disaffection will receive their rewards in due time.

For those yoloba unrepentant tribalistic scums that cheered on, I have no apology. If u insult my tribe I will give u triple doze.

Peace

Thanks bro!
Keep the light burning

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Comment: An Apology To Soyinka by Nobody: 10:20am On May 07, 2015
nwafuluozoh:

Stop wearing pearls on pigs biko!

Sometimes you cant help it.
Re: The Igbo Comment: An Apology To Soyinka by KanwuliaJara: 10:22am On May 07, 2015
noblezone:

So what do we do?

Actually, we cant help ourselves. It is that obvious!
Yet I know that even Benue were to be in a different country, some herdsmen from another country cannot just cross border, raise down communities and get away with it.

As for Igbos and where ever they chose to live, every man has a choice.

Yet, I want to note that citizens of different countries live in other countries.
Whenever we get our Independence and you wish to eject Biafrans from your nation, you wont be the first to do such!
South Africa is currently killing foreigners.
I am concerned about that, sir, but I am actually more concerned that Nigerians are being killed in their homes by fellow Nigerians.

Unfortunately, the problem is bigger than you and I.
Unsolvable!
Problem for the 'gods' to handle ONLY!
Don't bother, or life will pass you by! wink
Re: The Igbo Comment: An Apology To Soyinka by nwafuluozoh: 10:28am On May 07, 2015
noblezone:

Sometimes you cant help it.
I understand but save your energy. It's futile and frustrating because pigs can't resist the call of mud and slime.
Re: The Igbo Comment: An Apology To Soyinka by Nobody: 10:36am On May 07, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Unfortunately, the problem is bigger than you and I.
Unsolvable!
Problem for the 'gods' to handle ONLY!
Don't bother, or life will pass you by! wink

The only life line of evil is because good men do nothing!

In any single way I can, I will do all I can!
Re: The Igbo Comment: An Apology To Soyinka by Nobody: 10:39am On May 07, 2015
nwafuluozoh:

I understand but save your energy. It's futile and frustrating because pigs can't resist the call of mud and slime.

I know you speak in parable and I understand you.
but I will always draw the line!
I am willing to go the extra mile when humans are involved.
Re: The Igbo Comment: An Apology To Soyinka by AndroBlaze: 10:42am On May 07, 2015
nwafuluozoh:

Oga we get it ooo, you be muslim.... pigs, piggerry bla bla bla... learn to be tolerant, pork tastes pretty fine!
Re: The Igbo Comment: An Apology To Soyinka by TheOtherview: 10:47am On May 07, 2015
nwafuluozoh:

Wole was seeking cheap fame hence his venture into Biafra during the war.
As for your apology,COUNT ME OUT!

^^^The jaundiced musings of an irredeemable bigot?
I will put good money on it.

Back then Nigeria teetered on the brink of civil war.

The people of the east, referring to themselves as Biafrans, felt that they had suffered discrimination and persecution at the hands of the Nigerian Federation and their leader Odumegwu Ojukwu declared his intention to create an independent state.

Violent conflict seemed inevitable, and a group of Nigerian intellectuals then resident in London argued that someone should travel to Biafra to speak to Ojukwu and attempt to head off hostilities.

It fell to Wole Soyinka to undertake that dangerous mission to a jittery and volatile region.

He met with Ojukwu and later returned to Lagos.

Suspicious of his motives, the federal government imprisoned Soyinka on suspicion of his involvement in the sale of military aircraft to the east.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7057098.stm

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe's Campaign In 60s Vs Dr. Goodluck In 21st Century (see Photo) / Another Fire Outbreak At Onitsha Today (PHOTOS) / Let Compare Western Nigeria,Ghana to North and South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.