Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,052 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Togolese Player Opens Up On His Controversial Family Issues - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Togolese Player Opens Up On His Controversial Family Issues (386 Views)

Enyeama Snubbed Me, Rejected My Calls Over 10 Times - Rohr Opens Up / ‘Enyeama's Retirement Is Sad’ – Oliseh Opens Up On Crisis / Emmanuel Adebayo Topgolese Player Open Up On His Controversial Family Issues. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Togolese Player Opens Up On His Controversial Family Issues by Xeedorf: 2:10pm On May 07, 2015
The former Arsenal striker has on several times been given permission by his club to fly to Togo to attend to some unspecified family business.

Several reports have also emerged about the relationship with his mum and siblings who have accused him of being disrespectful and abandoning them.

The 31-year-old on Tuesday, May 5 took to his Facebook to open up about his dealings with his family starting up by revealing the extent he had gone to help them out.

"At the age of 17, with my first wages as a footballer, I built a house for my family and made sure they are safe. As you all know, I have received the trophy of African Player of the Year in 2008. I also brought my mother on stage with me to thank her for everything. In that same year, I brought her to London for various medical check ups," Adebayor said in the post.

"l also gave my mother a great amount of money to start a business of cookies and different items. Naturally, I allowed them to put my name and picture on them so they can sell more. What else can a son do in his power to support his family?" Adebayor asked.

He opened up on how he bought a house in Ghana and allowed his sister to stay, only to return to the house to discover that his sister had rented out the home.

The striker went on to outline how he had tried to help his sister, brother and other family members who were all after his wealth.

"My brother Kola Adebayor, has now been in Germany for 25 years. He travelled back home about 4 times, at my expense. I fully cover the cost of his children's education. When I was in Monaco, he came to me and asked for money to start a business. Only God knows how much I gave him. Where is that business today? , part of Adebayor's statement read.

"When I was in Monaco I thought it would be good to have a family of footballers. So I made sure my brother Rotimi gets into a football academy in France. Within a few months; out of 27 players, he stole 21 phones.

"My sister Lucia Adebayor keeps telling people that my dad told me to bring her to Europe. But what would be the purpose to bring her to Europe ? Everyone is here for a reason.

"I organized a meeting in 2005 to solve our family issues. When I asked them about their opinion, they said I should build each family member a house and give each of them a monthly wage.

"Today I am still alive and they have already shared all my goods, just in case I die.

"For all these reasons, it took very long for me to set up my foundation in Africa. Every time I try to help the people in need, they had to question me and all of them thought it was a bad idea.

"If I am writing this, the main purpose is not to expose my family members. I just want other African families to learn from this. Thank you," Adebayor concluded.

(1) (Reply)

Former NFL Player Adrian Robinson Commits Suicide At Age 25 / Could Another Uprising Star Be On His Way To Chelsea? / Novak Djokovic Sends Rafael Nadal Packing From Roland Garros

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.