Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose (1224 Views)

Massive Protest Against Fayose Ongoing In Ekiti (photos) / Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application / Ekiti APC Lawmakers Discontinue Suit Against Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose by Hotstew(m): 5:56pm On May 07, 2015
A Federal High Court in Lagos on Thursday struck out a suit filed by the 19 All Progressives Congress (APC) lawmakers, challenging the removal of the Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Adewale Omirin and his deputy, Adesegun Orisalade. Justice Saliu Saidu, who gave the ruling, awarded a cost of N100, 000 against Omirin and 18 other lawmakers.

The judge struck out the suit after listening to the submission of the counsel to the APC lawmakers, Mr Norrison Quackers, represented by Mr Onyeka Ofoegbu. He had urged the court to strike out the suit without cost. Counsel to the defendants, Mr Kayode Olufala, urged the court to dismiss the plaintiffs’ suit with a substantial cost.

The PDP lawmakers, while urging the court to dismiss plaintiffs’ suit, supported their application with the provisions of Order 15 Rule 2 (1) of the Federal High Court Civil Procedure Rules. Saidu said:“I have gone through the notice of discountenance and objection filed by the defendants, urging the court to dismiss the plaintiffs’ suit.

“The defendants have taken steps in this case by the processes they filed, saying this case ought to be dismissed and not struck out. “The issue in a situation like this where the defendants have taken steps is left at the discretion of the court in the case of Rear Admiral Ebi Borpeni Vs Darabella Nigeria Ltd; 2014.

“However, this issue has been well discussed in the case of Abayomi Babatunde Vs Pan Atlantic Shipping and Transport Agency Ltd and others where the court was urged not to close the door of justice. “In the present democratic setting in this country, I am cautioned to take the path of striking out the case rather than dismissal.

“I hereby strike out this case with a cost of N100,000 against the plaintiffs in favour of the first to eight and twelve to fourteen defendants.” The APC lawmakers had challenged the removal of Omirin and his deputy. The suit which was filed in December 2014, was seeking, among others, an order restraining the factional Speaker of the House, Dele Olugbemi, and his deputy, Olayinka Abeni, from either parading themselves as or executing duties in the capacity of the leaders of the House.

But the lawmakers, through their counsel, Quakers (SAN), had on April 9, filed a notice dated April 7 to discontinue the case. Though no reason was given in the notice of discontinuance of the suit, the action followed the argument by Fayose that Omirin and Orisalade lacked the locus standi to commence any impeachment proceedings against him since they had been impeached and were currently challenging their impeachment in court.

The defendants in the suit are Olugbemi, Samuel Ajibola, Adeojo Alexander, Adeloye Adeyinka, Isreal Olowo Ajiboye, Fatunbi Olajide, and Olayinka Abeni. Gov. Ayodele Fayose, the Department of State Security, (DSS), the Inspector General of Police, Ekiti State Commissioner of Police, Mr Owoseni Ajayi, Mr Kayode Oso, and Chief Toyin Ojo (nine to fourteen defendants respectively).

Omirin and his deputy, Orisalade, were impeached by seven PDP lawmakers on Nov. 20, 2014, on the floor of the House.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/ekiti-assembly-crisis-court-strikes-out-apc-lawmakers-suit-against-fayose/

Re: Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose by ellechrystal(f): 5:56pm On May 07, 2015
Hmm, APC !!!CHANGER!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose by Ezenwammadu(m): 5:57pm On May 07, 2015
Fayose our Role Model

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose by Acekidc4(m): 5:57pm On May 07, 2015
Ok Na!!
Re: Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose by SeverusSnape(m): 5:59pm On May 07, 2015
Did I hear any fool say Fayose will be impeached??...

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose by Makamuanwuo(m): 6:01pm On May 07, 2015
FAYOSE murder of APC

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose by honestivo(m): 6:02pm On May 07, 2015
Fayose Always win

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose by francizy(m): 6:04pm On May 07, 2015
ellechrystal:
Hmm, APC !!!CHANGER!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Fine geh, I hail oh! cheesy
Re: Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose by ellechrystal(f): 6:05pm On May 07, 2015
francizy:

Fine geh, I hail oh! cheesy
Halloz
Re: Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose by francizy(m): 6:08pm On May 07, 2015
ellechrystal:

Halloz

Been following you for long now, you've been doing a nice job pal. Am proud of your work, posts, and most importantly, your beauty..

Kudos to you wink
Re: Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose by ellechrystal(f): 6:40pm On May 07, 2015
francizy:

Been following you for long now, you've been doing a nice job pal. Am proud of your work, posts, and most importantly, your beauty..

Kudos to you wink
Aww, thanks sweety kiss
Re: Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 07, 2015
ellechrystal:

Aww, thanks sweety kiss

You see the danger of assuming a status of availability? Tell him the truth!
Re: Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose by francizy(m): 6:46pm On May 07, 2015
ellechrystal:

Aww, thanks sweety kiss

Welcome.. smiley
Re: Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose by francizy(m): 6:46pm On May 07, 2015
dearpreye:

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Tell who the truth? tongue
Re: Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 07, 2015
francizy:

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Tell who the truth? tongue

You people should leave MINE alone! Or I'll report you ooooo
Re: Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose by ellechrystal(f): 6:50pm On May 07, 2015
dearpreye:

Haba, wetin happen?
Re: Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose by francizy(m): 6:51pm On May 07, 2015
dearpreye:

You people should leave MINE alone! Or I'll report you ooooo

Hehehehehe, ain't nothing wrong in identifying a beautiful lady.. wink
Re: Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 07, 2015
francizy:

Hehehehehe, ain't nothing wrong in identifying a beautiful lady.. wink

She's damp beautiful!
Re: Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose by francizy(m): 6:53pm On May 07, 2015
ellechrystal:

Haba, wetin happen?

No mind am.. By the way, why you no dey like follow people back for Nairaland? Abi your follow button/link done damage ni? sad
Re: Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose by francizy(m): 6:54pm On May 07, 2015
dearpreye:

She's damp beautiful!

The type any man would wanna marry..

So better watch your back brother..

I won't steal her but there are many people out there waiting to sweep her off her feet.. wink
Re: Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 07, 2015
francizy:

The type any man would wanna marry..

So better watch your back brother..

I won't steal her but there are many people out there waiting to sweep her off her feet.. wink

As long as they are not from the Broom waving camp! Their brooms are hypocritical. .....

She knows what's she wants- me
Re: Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose by francizy(m): 7:01pm On May 07, 2015
dearpreye:

As long as they are not from the Broom waving camp! Their brooms are hypocritical. .....

She knows what's she wants- me

Good one! wink
Re: Ekiti Assembly Crisis: Court Strikes Out APC Lawmakers’ Suit Against Fayose by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 07, 2015
francizy:

Good one! wink

Yes, boss. I've been making a lot of preps! She knows that!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Adams Oshiomole And Lara Fortes : THE MOVIE / What Is D Reason Fr Nnpc's Strike / Law Passed: All Hiv + People To Be Marked Near Their Genitals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.