Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

How Do I Recover HP Recovery And HP Tools Drive Partitions? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I Recover HP Recovery And HP Tools Drive Partitions? (1101 Views)

Dell And Hp Laptops@17k...80g HHD, 2g ram.. / Help Me On Where To Download Hp Recovery Software / How Do I Recover My Gmail, Google Disabled My Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Recover HP Recovery And HP Tools Drive Partitions? by Mogten(m): 7:06pm On May 07, 2015
Evening house, I upgraded my windows 8 to windows 8.1 and lost the recovery (D: ), HP_TOOLS (E: ) and system (I: ) drives partition in the process. I'd be very grateful if anyone can help me out on this, as I can't install certain apps like the .net framework 3.5... thanks in advance!
Re: How Do I Recover HP Recovery And HP Tools Drive Partitions? by Dbestbanky(m): 5:12am On May 08, 2015
You have to be more specific. Windows 8 or 8.1 comes ready with Dotnet 4.0, so there's no how it's gonna allow you downgrade its 'natural' resources. Also for the missing partitions, check Disk Management and allocate a drive letter. Hope this helps.
Re: How Do I Recover HP Recovery And HP Tools Drive Partitions? by Mogten(m): 12:08pm On May 08, 2015
Dbestbanky:
You have to be more specific. Windows 8 or 8.1 comes ready with Dotnet 4.0, so there's no how it's gonna allow you downgrade its 'natural' resources. Also for the missing partitions, check Disk Management and allocate a drive letter. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your response. I upgraded my OS from windows 8 to 8.1, I did a complete formatting and it wiped out my Recovery partition (usually D: ), UEFI partition (usually E: ) , and system partition (usually I: ) in the process. I tried allocating drive letters but it's only writing the DVD ROM one, not the others. I only have the OS partition (usually C: ) and DVD ROM one left. As for the .net framework 3.5, there's an antivirus I need to install that requires the 3.5 to function. So I managed to get the offline installer from online but it couldn't install because the E: drive partition path is missing. Thanks again!

(1) (Reply)

Faulty HP Corei5 Probook For Sale @ Scrap Rate / Hp Elite Book 6930 Needed Urgently @35k / For Sale Or Casing Replacement @ A Cheaper Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.