Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,851 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story (8866 Views)

10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person / Ten Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person / For The Classy, Trendy, Stylish And Modest Muslimah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story by Teephar(f): 2:52pm On Jul 14, 2015
so touching.... Alhamdulilah.. at least the sister realized her mistake at the end
Re: Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story by Empiree: 4:09pm On Jul 17, 2015
Insidous:

You shouldn't have mentioned me cheesy
I dont think i mentioned you

[size=3pt]The woman is a liability. We need less of her likes in our society. We do not want housewives who fail to consider the ‘ifs'. Mind you, I have nothing against being a housewife and I may even consider it but If I did I won't be a stupid, gullible and foolish one. Why should another woman be responsible for the daftness of another. What stopped her from learning a skill, going to school or ensuring that her husband provided her security before deciding to become a housewife. What if her husband had divorced her? What would she have live on? Is she so daft to realise that life is not a fairy tale? Shouldnt she have realized the reality of life when her husband told her that he was considering another wife?

If anyone, she should blame herself, blame her guardians who failed to instill the good of independence in her. She should for once in her life take advantage of the fact that she is a HUMAN.

However this is does not mean that I am against widows remarring as second wives. What I am against are the likes of her putting their whole existence at at the mercies of men. It would be unlikely for her to seek a man if she were self-suficient because her main focus would have been nurturing her kids. And even if she were to need a man, it would be for no other reasons than for se.x and as a ‘figure-head' cheesy. In other word, she would need a disposable man, disposable as to if she were asked to choose between his life and her job, she would choose her job grin (I know it is extreme, but I couldn't find any other example that would better suggest to you meaning of ‘disposable' in this context undecided ).

Shouldn't it be easy for her to find single men who share the notion that they are God gift to women. Men like you, who would rather marry a woman as charity cheesy than empower her. But no, you wouldn't want your first wife to be a single mother.

I would like to congratulate you for giving me a reason to start a movement. My aims would be to make my fellow females understand the amazing power they possess, to value self-sufficiency above any other values[/size]

cheesy
I think you missed the point. I am not against housewife learning skills or owning her own business. The point is, skillful and hard working women are not exempted from this predicament.
Re: Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story by balash(m): 5:26am On Jul 18, 2015
usqoh:
WHAT ARE THE LOGICAL REASONS WHY
ISLAM PERMITS MARRYING MORE THAN ONE
WIFE?

Its a fact that in almost any country of the
world, women are even in the ratio of 4:1 or
more. Visit any hospital in check their birth
records. You will never find on each day male
birth even equal to female childbirth. That's
how Allah planned it so it's up to us to do the
right sensible thing than following those who
oppose the laws of Allah.

Aside more female birth rate, Men die in wars,
accidents, some destroyed their lives through
alcoholism, some don't even know whether
they are males or females, many are not ready
to get married.

My Beloved brothers and sisters in Islam, we
should not play with the wisdom of Allah, it's
part of His Blessings and mercy that number of
women are greater than the number of females,
what of if women are very few, to say that there
are three or four men to every woman,
Subhan'Allah.

The world will not be at peace, a
lot of killings between males will increase... If
we ask how many even men are ready to have
the second wife, third wife? fourth wife?
My Dear Sisters In Deen..., if your husband
wanted to have another woman don't fight him,
how do you want other sisters to be? They
should live for ever without
marriage? or they should live alone without
having their own family?

If it happens that your female child happen to
live where all men have wife would you allowed
her to be second wife? or she should live alone
forever and become lesbian?

Majority of marriage problems are not those
between who have more than one wife,
majority according to marriage councils is
between those with one wife.

May Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) grant us all
more understanding of the Deen. Aameen.

Stop clouding Peoples Soul With this sorta Uncalled Stories, You Making it Look like Its Compulsory Marrying More Than One Wife, You claiming if you marry just one How do you want other single females to feel, Are you the one who created Them.
Allah has a plan stipulated for Everyone, Not everyone would Be Married and Not everyone would bear Children. You Just talking with sympathy and not with Allahs rules. Tell me where Allah Said you should Marry More than one because you dont know what the single ones will feel Like. Thats Weird Brother. Yes Allah Permits Us to Marry More than one but with very strict procedures. Not That you happily Married with Lovely Kids and Everything is going Fine for you and you serving Your Lord The ways He wants Us to And you just wakeup One day and see a suffering Single Lady and you claim you want to Marry Her Because she is Suffering. Must you Marry Her, Cant You just help her??

Better Go understand the etiqutte Of Marrying More than One Before You lead People Astray

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story by dastranger(m): 12:22pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hello OAM4J, mukina2, Sissie

Can this grace FP pls?, this is quite inspiring.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story by Empiree: 12:29pm On Sep 18, 2015
^ ladies will be jealous and will not allow it to make fp grin

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story by dastranger(m): 4:05pm On Sep 18, 2015
Empiree:
^ ladies will be jealous and will not allow it to make fp grin

I thought as much undecided...

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story by abdrazak: 7:05pm On Sep 18, 2015
Touching indeed.

If she allows her husband to marry the woman with 4 kids as his second wife, may be he wouldn't have died. Wallahu A'alam.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story by dastranger(m): 8:27pm On Sep 18, 2015
abdrazak:
Touching indeed.

If she allows her husband to marry the woman with 4 kids as his second wife, may be he wouldn't have died. Wallahu A'alam.

Allah knows best

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story by slye(m): 8:30pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hey guys do the needful naa.

OAM4J, mukina2, Sissie , lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story by trapQ: 9:20am On Oct 16, 2015
What you said here is highly inconsequential. Actually, more male births are recorded in most given populations than females.

Do you know that the previous census in nigeria recorded that males outnumbered females?

Do your research properly. The only reason it may somehow seem that women are more than men is because women live longer than men. Eg the live expectancy rate of men in Nigeria is 48, while that of women is 52. Also, all the dangerous tasks done in the society are carried out by men, and could cause early death. Men go to wars, fly work in mines etc, and could easily die in such instances. These are the only reasons why it seems that women are more than men.

But in reality, more male children than female children are born in any given population. But the males have weaker antibodies and immune system, hence they die easily from infant diseases, whereas their female counertpart easily survive from the same illnesses.
usqoh:
WIFE?

to get married.

Subhan'Allah.

having their own family?

Re: Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
abdrazak:
Touching indeed.

He would regardless if it was his time

Stop making things up
Re: Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 18, 2015
usqoh:
WIFE?

to get married.

Subhan'Allah.

having their own family?

In reality, we have more men than women grin however women tend to live longer than men. However with new medicines and technological breakthrough popping up here and there, it will balance up with time.

So would it fair to marry to women when your muslim brother cannot find a wife?
Re: Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 18, 2015
balash:

Stop clouding Peoples Soul With this sorta Uncalled Stories, You Making it Look like Its Compulsory Marrying More Than One Wife, You claiming if you marry just one How do you want other single females to feel, Are you the one who created Them.
Allah has a plan stipulated for Everyone, Not everyone would Be Married and Not everyone would bear Children. You Just talking with sympathy and not with Allahs rules. Tell me where Allah Said you should Marry More than one because you dont know what the single ones will feel Like. Thats Weird Brother. Yes Allah Permits Us to Marry More than one but with very strict procedures. Not That you happily Married with Lovely Kids and Everything is going Fine for you and you serving Your Lord The ways He wants Us to And you just wakeup One day and see a suffering Single Lady and you claim you want to Marry Her Because she is Suffering. Must you Marry Her, Cant You just help her??

Better Go understand the etiqutte Of Marrying More than One Before You lead People Astray

Thanks. I am tired of the classic brainwash.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shia Justice And The Sunni Predicament On The Popular Middle East Revolutions / Making Fun Of Islam / Rulings On Abortion In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.