Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Buhari: Nigeria’s Problem Is Corruption Not Ethnic, Religious - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Nigeria’s Problem Is Corruption Not Ethnic, Religious (535 Views)

Igbo/hausa/yoruba Intermarriage To Solve Ethnic/religious Bigotry - OPINION / Why The N50 Charge By Fg Is Corruption In Itself / Buhari, Nigeria's President-Elect's Convoy (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Nigeria’s Problem Is Corruption Not Ethnic, Religious by bugs2: 11:14am On May 08, 2015
President-elect Muhammadu Buhari said yesterday that Nigerian leaders should practice what they preach. He said his government will rather kill corruption than allow it to kill Nigeria. He spoke when he received a delegation of All Progressives Congress (APC) leaders from Akwa Ibom State.

It was led by the governorship candidate Obong Umana Okon Umana, who alleged massive inflation of results of elections in the state.

Gen. Buhari said Nigeria’s major problem is neither ethnic nor religious but corruption which has remained endemic and entrenched.

He recalled that in 2007, it was his fellow Muslims and fellow Fulani, who Justices of the Supreme Court, upheld the election of the late President Umaru Yar’Adua, while those that said the election was flawed were not Fulani.

He expressed confidence in the judicial system, saying: “I’m glad that you have gone to court too because you believe in the system as the right place to fight for your right and the right of the people you represent. I have gone to court three times and reached at the Supreme Court.

“Not because I believe the system has changed, but this time around, in your own case, you were still denied even with the use of PVCs and the card readers.

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/05/buhari-nigerias-problem-is-corruption-not-ethnic-religious/
Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Problem Is Corruption Not Ethnic, Religious by dammylohlah: 11:17am On May 08, 2015
true talk that is good thinking
Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Problem Is Corruption Not Ethnic, Religious by Nobody: 11:18am On May 08, 2015
What Buhari is saying in essence is that corruption killed those innocent citizens that died during 2011 post election violence or those that will killed in Borno state during the Denmark Mohammed cartoon saga.... He should talk to the marines joor...

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Problem Is Corruption Not Ethnic, Religious by lyntiffany(f): 11:37am On May 08, 2015
Equalizer:
What Buhari is saying in essence is that corruption killed those innocent citizens that died during 2011 post election violence or those that will killed in Borno state during the Denmark Mohammed cartoon saga.... He should talk to the marines joor...
pls help me ask him o! or corruption made the almajiris turned boko to be misbehaving up North?
Well like I said before I pray God gives him the wisdom to reason in the right direction and get things done properly.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Problem Is Corruption Not Ethnic, Religious by Orunto: 11:48am On May 08, 2015
President-elect is to some extent right. Selfishness is the man. Corruption is the wife. Religious And Ethnic Intolerances are the Children.
Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Problem Is Corruption Not Ethnic, Religious by jfking2005(m): 12:10pm On May 08, 2015
Equalizer:

Take your time eflect on the point before you spill no*nsense next time.
Dont just spill and start thinking...
Corruption is the root cause of our problem, just take time to reflect on that then you will create the link yourself.
Re: Buhari: Nigeria’s Problem Is Corruption Not Ethnic, Religious by ahaz: 12:13pm On May 08, 2015
dammylohlah:
true talk that is good thinking
I support gmb on this nd dats d reason d likes of tinubu obj nd Co has to be chilling in gashus prison

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola's Era Of Lies And Deceit / Nigerian Tech Start-up Attributes Success Story To Microsoft Support, Mentorship / Obj Second Term Not Necessary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.