Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Is Your Website Mobile-friendly? Check Now. - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Your Website Mobile-friendly? Check Now. (7240 Views)

Please Webmasters How Can I Make A Site Mobile Friendly??? / Pls How Can I Make My Website Mobile Friendly In Wordpress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Your Website Mobile-friendly? Check Now. by TouchstoneNgr: 2:55pm On May 08, 2015
Yea, you are right op. Ours is mobile friendly www.touchstonenigeria.com
We design, manufacture and install Home and Office furniture

Re: Is Your Website Mobile-friendly? Check Now. by JideTheBlogger(m): 3:08pm On May 08, 2015
Re: Is Your Website Mobile-friendly? Check Now. by mohammad11: 3:52pm On May 08, 2015
Good one @op
Re: Is Your Website Mobile-friendly? Check Now. by Ajibel(m): 4:37pm On May 08, 2015
Just checked the one I just created, yea it is smiley

I'll bookmark that site, it'll come in handy...
Re: Is Your Website Mobile-friendly? Check Now. by paul234(m): 5:19pm On May 08, 2015
Wen i checked mine, i got this... Any help on what to do?

Re: Is Your Website Mobile-friendly? Check Now. by Southark: 5:37pm On May 08, 2015
www.quickairtime.com is not doing bad on mobile.
Even though there is a mobile app which delivers the ultimate mobile experience at www.quickairtime.com/downloads

Re: Is Your Website Mobile-friendly? Check Now. by Southark: 5:39pm On May 08, 2015
And www.noksms.com, the hottest bulk sms website ever is mobile friendly.

Re: Is Your Website Mobile-friendly? Check Now. by BizBooks(m): 6:17pm On May 08, 2015
paul234:
Wen i checked mine, i got this... Any help on what to do?

You need to set your mobile viewport first before trying anything else. That will usually resolve all the error messages. If not, it will at least take care of No. 2 (mobile viewport not set).

To set your mobile viewport, simply copy and paste this code into the header of your HTML page and every other page you want to be mobile-friendly:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

Once you do that, test the page again and let us know if there are any more error messages.
Re: Is Your Website Mobile-friendly? Check Now. by ITbomb(m): 7:10pm On May 08, 2015
According to Google, this will affect only page ranking on search results for mobile devices but then most traffic now is from mobile devices
Re: Is Your Website Mobile-friendly? Check Now. by DJMONACO(m): 7:43pm On May 08, 2015
merrybet is the bookmaker with the best payout system in Nigeria!! Your chance to make cool cash!! http://www./Odds/registration/affiliate105177
Re: Is Your Website Mobile-friendly? Check Now. by akintayo1(m): 9:33pm On May 08, 2015
The best and most smpliest way to go mobile friendly is to install responsive theme, with this you don't have to do any other thing or worry over codes.

Just install responsive theme and let it take care of everything - whatever device your website is visit with, the theme adjust automatically to the screen demand.
Re: Is Your Website Mobile-friendly? Check Now. by easymoneybag(m): 10:04pm On May 08, 2015
Thanks for the detailed post
Re: Is Your Website Mobile-friendly? Check Now. by BizBooks(m): 10:04pm On May 08, 2015
akintayo1:
The best and most smpliest way to go mobile friendly is to install responsive theme, with this you don't have to do any other thing or worry over codes.

Will you be kind enough to explain how that can be achieved? A step by step guide will do. Remember, we are talking about existing websites not starting one from scratch.
Re: Is Your Website Mobile-friendly? Check Now. by akintayo1(m): 11:14pm On May 08, 2015
BizBooks:

Will you be kind enough to explain how that can be achieved? A step by step guide will do. Remember, we are talking about existing websites not starting one from scratch.

Either you're talking about a new website about to take off or an existing one, using a responsive blog theme - especially if you're on WordPress is the most simplest way to go mobile friendly.

This will allow you to display same blog design to everyone that visit your site irrespective of what device. And you don't even need to create a separate mobile website for your audience.

If you have an existing website that is not mobile friendly, instead of wading your way through endless codes search, - remember not everyone is code geek - why not opt for a new blog theme from leading theme developers on your platform?

I use "prose" theme from studiopress and I can guarantee you that the theme is 100% mobile responsive - either you visit on tablet, smartphones of any size, BB, Android, ipad, iphone, whatever.........the theme automatically adjust to the screen size and every element on the page is visible and clickable without stress.

If you're still not sure how this work or needs some example of themes that does this - check out studiopress theme page, am sure you will find something interesting =======Studiopress themes.
Re: Is Your Website Mobile-friendly? Check Now. by BiafranPrince: 11:42pm On May 08, 2015
This isn't blogger or wordpress template.

Respect us!

Re: Is Your Website Mobile-friendly? Check Now. by oladeledave: 7:12am On May 09, 2015
www.dynamicexploits..com is also mobile friendly, and my users enjoy viewing
And also www.maybourne..com check out both
Re: Is Your Website Mobile-friendly? Check Now. by akintayo1(m): 11:10pm On May 09, 2015
BiafranPrince:
This isn't blogger or wordpress template.

Respect us!

OP didn't make it clear he is talking from "developer" aspect, he just saying "is your website mobile-friendly"?

Any one these days has a website/blog, and considering that vast majority of Nigerians uses CMS such as WordPress for their website/blog.....I assume he is talking about ensuring your website is mobile friendly to everyone in general that owns website.

Hope you're clear?
Re: Is Your Website Mobile-friendly? Check Now. by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 10, 2015
Free WordPress Site/Blog Setup with Premium Themes and Plugins.
Free Blog Setup and Customize Template to Suite your need.
Free Domain Redirection to any Host of your choice.

And

Affordable Web Hosting #1600yr with Unlimited Bandwidth and Custom Email, with Best Service Support Center..

Contact me for more

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recommended Nigerian Adnetwork And Their Minimum Payout / How To Get Your Google Adsense Approved / Nigerian Tutoring App Tuteria Wins UK Engineering Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.