Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

The Dining Table - A Poem By Gbanabom Hallowell - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Dining Table - A Poem By Gbanabom Hallowell (43795 Views)

Desiderata -A Poem By Max Ehrmann (1872-1945) / Life Under The Table ( Acomplete Novel) / Abelejayan....a Poem By Omowunmi Ayoka.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Dining Table - A Poem By Gbanabom Hallowell by bookkeepers: 1:40pm On May 08, 2015
Dinner tonight comes with
gun wounds. Our desert
tongues lick the vegetable
blood—the pepper
strong enough to push scorpions
up our heads. Guests
look into the oceans of bowls
as vegetables die on their tongues.

The table
that gathers us is an island where guerillas
walk the land while crocodiles
surf. Children from Alphabeta with empty palms dine
with us; switchblades in their eyes,
silence in their voices. When the playground
is emptied of children`s toys
who needs roadblocks? When the hour
to drink from the cup of life ticks,
cholera breaks its spell on cracked lips

Under the spilt
milk of the moon, I promise
to be a revolutionary, but my Nile, even
without tributaries comes lazy
upon its own Nile. On this
night reserved for lovers of fire, I’m
full with the catch of gun wounds, and my boots
have suddenly become too reluctant to walk me.

For the analysis, click here: http://bookconvo.com/waecneco-african-prose-drama-and-poems-lonely-days-bayo-adebowale-harvest-of-corruption-by-frank-ogodo-ogbeche-ambush-gbemisola-adeoti/
Re: The Dining Table - A Poem By Gbanabom Hallowell by 2livescrew: 8:08am On Jan 24, 2016
Bookkeepers well done for your good work but this your link seems not to be working or is there anything am not doing right?

(1) (Reply)

The Taboo / Perception-A romantic story by Dr Ogo / 17 Awosika-a Crime/action Thriller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.