Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,185 members, 7,867,436 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:06 PM

“stop Being Arrogant And Focus On Delivering Campaign Promises”, PDP Tells APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “stop Being Arrogant And Focus On Delivering Campaign Promises”, PDP Tells APC (705 Views)

Governor Ambode Is Fulfilling His Campaign Promises - PDP / This Is How A Councillor Says He Is Delivering His Campaign Promises / 60 Days: Buhari Yet To Fulfill Any Electoral Promises – PDP. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“stop Being Arrogant And Focus On Delivering Campaign Promises”, PDP Tells APC by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:44pm On May 08, 2015
“Focus On Delivering Campaign Promises”, PDP tells APC
...Cautions APC On Being Boastful And Arrogant

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has described as diversionary and unnecessary, Thursday's false and tendentious claims by the APC that the Presidency and the PDP are not cooperating in the transition process. The party charged the APC to put its house in order, come straight and tell the nation the confusion in its camp instead of trying to shift blames.

PDP National Publicity, Olisa Metuh in a statement on Friday said the meetings of the transition and inauguration committees of both parties have been going on fruitfully and wondered where the false alarm is coming from if not a measure of confusion in the APC camp.

“Whilst we understand Alhaji Lai Mohammed’s excitement in the euphoria of his party's unexpected victory, we view the APC’s provocative statement, especially the unguarded invectives on the Presidency and PDP as an unfortunate display of arrogance and falsehood ostensibly aimed at heating up the system and creating room to cover for its inadequacies thereby inventing excuses for any failure in office.

“We can confirm that the APC Transition Committee led by Mallam Ahmed Joda has met at least twice with the Presidency team led by Vice President Namadi Sambo while the Timipre Sylva-led APC Inauguration Committee has been meeting almost on daily basis with the PDP team led by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim. It is therefore most uncharitable for the APC to attempt to mislead the people by claiming that the PDP-led Presidency was not cooperating in the process.

“Although the ruling party suffered some electoral set back, Nigerians are witness to the fact that the PDP has remained humble in defeat while focusing on rebuilding and reinventing itself. Such should not in anyway warrant the unnecessary attacks, vituperations and insults from the APC.

“As we look up from the lowest level we have ever fallen, we are fully determined to start the process of ascending back to an acceptable level in earnest. The APC must therefore learn to be decent and cease to be arrogant as that would amount to taking the goodwill of the people for granted.

"What should be of more concern to an in-coming government like APC is the negative signals and the rising worries by Nigerians over its flip-flops and apparent nervousness of its President-elect who has started reneging on his campaign promises.

“Nigerians were bewildered when they heard General Buhari renege on his messianic posture and told them in clear terms not to expect him to rapidly fix the problems of nation as he had promised during the campaign.

“The same President-elect who boldly stated in his campaign manifesto that ‘I, Muhammadu Buhari have resolved that the task ahead of me is that of securing our nation and prospering our people, not looking backward to the failed policies and promises’ had on May 5, 2015 in a meeting with a meeting with APC governor-elects reneged and announced that he has “started nervously to explain to people that Rome was not built in a day”.

“Furthermore while the APC in a statement on April 3, 2015 denied that the President-elect pledged to end insurgency in two months of being sworn in, the video clip of his interview with Christiane Amanpour on CNN on April 2, 2015 is clear on the promise made by Buhari.

“General Buhari in answering a question on how to deal with the divisions in the country said ‘the actual division which is worth bordering about, I think in terms of social instability, that is insecurity in the north east and in the delta area, which I think they have been with the country long enough that we know how they started and what stage they are now, therefore we are confident that we will rapidly give attention to security in the country and I believe we will effectively deal with them in two months when we get into office.

“When asked how he would achieve this, General Buhari said ‘I think firstly we have to register the cooperation of the neigbouring countries, Cameroon, Chad and Niger, although some efforts where made by this administration but it was not good enough and it was too late’. The full interview can be watched on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhWVqte25bM.

“Only recently, the President–elect barred a television house, the AIT, from covering his activities over unexplained security and family issues. Following public outcry the APC reversed the directive only for the President-elect to release a statement denying the ban and blaming overzealous aides.

“Instead of engaging in shadow-chasing and dwelling on insults and unnecessary display of arrogance, the APC leaders should be worried that Nigerians are increasingly becoming apprehensive that their party has already started going back on the promises it made to them.

“Nigerians are not in a hurry to forget that the APC promised to rapidly fix the economy, generate, transmit and distribute electricity on a 24/7 basis, pay N5,000 monthly to 25 million poor Nigerians; provide allowances to the discharged but unemployed Youth Corps members for Twelve (12) months, create additional 4 million new homes, provide free education and meals for school children and bring naira to the same value with the dollar”, the statement said.

The PDP cautioned the APC that Nigerians would not accept any excuse for failure especially given that the outgoing administration has laid very strong foundation for rapid economic growth in addition to the successes recorded in the fight against insurgency in the north east.

The party however assures Nigerians that having done much to nurture the nation's democracy to a globally acknowledged level, it would even do more by offering the most constructive and credible opposition as it repositions to regain power in 2019.

Signed

Olisa Metuh
National Publicity Secretary

>> http://www.kingebuka.com/2015/05/stop-being-boastful-and-arrogant-focus.html
Re: “stop Being Arrogant And Focus On Delivering Campaign Promises”, PDP Tells APC by GboyegaD(m): 1:49pm On May 08, 2015
Why can't they face their issues too rather than getting over bothered with APC?

1 Like

Re: “stop Being Arrogant And Focus On Delivering Campaign Promises”, PDP Tells APC by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 08, 2015
PDP, fighting everything and everyone from left,right and center.
I hope they're shredded into pieces soon.

They're yet to resolve Muazu and Fayose case, but they can poke-nose into other party affairs.
Re: “stop Being Arrogant And Focus On Delivering Campaign Promises”, PDP Tells APC by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 08, 2015
Whilst we understand Alhaji Lai Mohammed’s excitement in the euphoria of his party's unexpected victory......Lolz! Olisa Metuh is high on cheap drugs.

BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!

God bless Nairaland.
Re: “stop Being Arrogant And Focus On Delivering Campaign Promises”, PDP Tells APC by Chiaka(f): 2:51pm On May 08, 2015
anywaz!
Re: “stop Being Arrogant And Focus On Delivering Campaign Promises”, PDP Tells APC by CecyAdrian(f): 3:00pm On May 08, 2015
Kai!, e pain don reach PDP marrow bone ooo cheesy cheesy
Re: “stop Being Arrogant And Focus On Delivering Campaign Promises”, PDP Tells APC by quixotic: 3:13pm On May 08, 2015
pdp never ceases to amaze me. Joda has met with sambo twice, lai mohammed agreed with this fact when he said the buhari team were told hand over note will be a week before hand over.leaving no time to study the notes. Why will a ceremony(inauguration) committee be meeting everyday and a more serious handover(transition) committee meet once in 2weeks. Buhari said he would tackle boko haram in 2months when he would have finally assumed office in that march interview. Can't metuh understand English? It is good metuh mentioned amanpour as source for the boko haram statement. When and where did buhari say he would make the naira equal to the dollar? Metuh said Buhari has started breaking his promises. Are you kidding me? I guess Buhari is supposed to start fulfilling them in Jonathan's government. The truth is pdp wants and are sinking the country not minding the effect on nigerians because they feel they have nothing else to loose. Dropping electricity to 2,800mw, increasing overhead bills with the employment of extra hands in an economy in crisis already where it is difficult to pay salary as it is. They will pay for their indiscretions. And when the time comes they should not cry witch hunting.

1 Like

Re: “stop Being Arrogant And Focus On Delivering Campaign Promises”, PDP Tells APC by quixotic: 3:20pm On May 08, 2015
pdp never ceases to amaze me. Joda has met with sambo twice, lai mohammed agreed with this fact when he said the buhari team were told hand over note will be a week before hand over.leaving no time to study the notes. Why will a ceremony(inauguration) committee be meeting everyday and a more serious handover(transition) committee meet once in 2weeks. Buhari said he would tackle boko haram in 2months when he would have finally assumed office in that march interview. Can't metuh understand English? It is good metuh mentioned amanpour as source for the boko haram statement. When and where did buhari say he would make the naira equal to the dollar? Metuh said Buhari has started breaking his promises. The truth is pdp wants and are sinking the country not minding the effect on nigerians because they feel they have nothing else to loose. Dropping electricity to 2,800mw, increasing overhead bills with the employment of extra hands in an economy in crisis already where it is difficult to pay salary as it is. They will pay for their indiscretions. And when the time comes they should not cry witch hunting.
Re: “stop Being Arrogant And Focus On Delivering Campaign Promises”, PDP Tells APC by ellechrystal(f): 3:23pm On May 08, 2015
GboyegaD:
Why can't they face their issues too rather than getting over bothered with APC?
Y can't APC leave them too to concentrate on handing over?
N I think we r expecting too much from These APC guys, I just pray they deliver, else, they will b so dead, Nigerians r watching them, we r viewing their insults with 3d n warming up to unleash should they fail...
Re: “stop Being Arrogant And Focus On Delivering Campaign Promises”, PDP Tells APC by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:42pm On May 08, 2015
Jklue007:
Whilst we understand Alhaji Lai Mohammed’s excitement in the euphoria of his party's unexpected victory......Lolz! Olisa Metuh is high on cheap drugs.

BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!

God bless Nairaland.

grin

(1) (Reply)

Senator Khalifa Ahmed Zanna Dies / President Goodluck Jonathan Cordially Invite Nairaland Tanoids. / Youngest Politician says HAPPY CHILDREN'S DAY ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.